Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
comeonkautostar
06 Apr 10 17:52
| Topic/replies: 7,106 | Blogger: comeonkautostar's blog
That will be all

;-)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 119
By:
Teddy Sheringham
When: 06 Apr 10 17:54
or just back WAF
By:
The Headmaster
When: 06 Apr 10 17:55
Sour grapes, cok. Tut-tut.
By:
The Sweaty Sock
When: 06 Apr 10 18:00
yeah conkers done hurts lol
By:
ben10
When: 06 Apr 10 18:03
I assume you mean off :0
By:
The Sweaty Sock
When: 06 Apr 10 18:06
lol
By:
redal2
When: 06 Apr 10 18:45
ben :-) Good spot
By:
The Headmaster
When: 06 Apr 10 18:55
Indeed - maybe cok has been converted after all!!
By:
Lozzy
When: 06 Apr 10 19:06
he only likes Cheltenham innit and had a hard race. agree he is worth laying.
By:
Try My Best
When: 06 Apr 10 19:19
I'm not sure WAF will get around on this tough jumping course.
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 06 Apr 10 22:29
Didnt beat Kauto on merit.
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 06 Apr 10 22:29
Best Mate would have had him around there easy ;)
By:
Win only - Sp only
When: 06 Apr 10 22:30
agree, odds on now is a joke.
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 06 Apr 10 22:33
Would love to see the ratings g1mps forced to put their house on Imperial vs Best Mate around Prestbury Park ... brown trousers all round :)
By:
ben10
When: 06 Apr 10 22:36
Hadn't looked at the line up before, awful, you really think he shouldn't be odds on? Even his Haydock run makes him about a stone better than these!
By:
Win only - Sp only
When: 06 Apr 10 22:38
and his haydock run was........

after a break.

and his gold cup run was......

after a break

and his ryanair win was.....

after a break

and his paddy power gold cup win was......

etc etc etc
By:
kirk st. moritz
When: 06 Apr 10 22:38
Should win this ok.
By:
Charlton2005
When: 06 Apr 10 22:39
Ben, FWIW,my anecdotal evidence suggests that ratings go out the window for a number of races at Aintree. I always suspected it was because horses had a hard time at Chelt and couldnt perform but I have come unstuck the last few years laying lowly rated horses, some even at 10/1 that seemed to have no chance on the ratings. IC will be 30 lbs clear of the next best and BB will be clear too, but experience tells me to lay all short ones at this meeting. GL
By:
ben10
When: 06 Apr 10 22:40
Don't think there's enough evidence to support him being half the horse after a run
By:
Win only - Sp only
When: 06 Apr 10 22:42
Anyone backing this at odds on needs to be looked at by a doctor, there are miles better 4/5 shots running almost daily.
By:
Charlton2005
When: 06 Apr 10 22:44
Perp, hows the comms with Kev going? All good?

:)
By:
Win only - Sp only
When: 06 Apr 10 22:46
christ knows, he offered me a bet , i accepted , heard no more. seeing as he stalks me and shows signs of mental fragility, I wont hold my breath for payment if I win.
By:
ben10
When: 06 Apr 10 22:46
I doubt I'm a backer at the price but I can't see any reason to blindly lay it. For me, off the top of my head, the horses who are worth taking on after winning at Cheltenham are Santuaire, Albertas Run, Copper Bleu and maybe Baby Run. Think Somersby will be overbet although the Nightingale will beat him regardless of fitness imo, good luck.
By:
Charlton2005
When: 06 Apr 10 22:52
Ben,my point is that at this meeting you don't need a logical reason to oppose ANYTHING.That is just in my experience of the last few years. I might be exagerating owing to a couple of upset results where I laid a 10/1 shot in the face of an odds on fav, I don't know, but I will be laying this one.

Perp, LOL

:)
By:
ben10
When: 06 Apr 10 22:57
Good luck, if you have a system you have to follow it all the way through or it won't work, don't say you weren't warned though ;)
By:
enjbenjy
When: 06 Apr 10 22:58
The opposition looks weak. What a friend couldn't beat Denman rec loads of weight. The grade 1in Ireland hasn't really worked out. I know Joncol beat Cooldine but where did Cooldine end up in the GC? Nacarat is not top class. IC will have to seriously under perform to lose here. It's one of those prices you'll either look very shrewd or have the I told you so gang on your back.
By:
proctor strikes
When: 06 Apr 10 22:59
Ben - Think Baby Run definately a lay from this stable, was given a brutal race from the front. But need to see final field before dismissing Copper and Sanctuaire, both finished their races really well and not had hard time this season.
By:
platinni
When: 06 Apr 10 23:10
even money on here now looks tempting
By:
cruise d
When: 06 Apr 10 23:19
Baby run had a really tough race. I wouldn't agree that Copper Bleu did though, travelled really strongly out the back, was not ridden particularly hard to get into contention and then started looking around and idling when it hit the front. I don't think it was slowing because of a hard race personally.
By:
rothko
When: 06 Apr 10 23:25
according to Nicholls column Sanctuaire in very good nick since Cheltenham

not sure under what logic you'd lay imperial commander with any certainty against this field
By:
cruise d
When: 06 Apr 10 23:29
Also Copper ran well enough to go down by a neck at Aintree last year after a hard race in the supreme (4th) to suggest he can cope with the 2 races close together IMO. As already mentioned he has been lightly raced this year with the intention of doing what it did at Chelts and should be able to cope with another run IMO.

It may be the odds that put me off backing it at Aintree if it runs in the handicap. I'd love to see them put it away now and go for a big 3 mile handicap next season. I think it will appreciate 3 miles and would still be on a decent mark and open to further improvement.
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 06 Apr 10 23:29
The logic in laying Imperial Commander is the notion that he goes well fresh, potentially had a tough GC and that the Nicholls hoss has been aimed at this, whereas IC hasn't

However he is much the best of these and the current quotes of 5/6 do look particularly generous
By:
zilzal1
When: 06 Apr 10 23:31
Will do the dame as i did at Chelt, rather than lay him i will do a combo around the dangers as i dont think he will be the type to be a close up second.

He will either win by miles or underperform the same way imo
By:
Steeplechasing
When: 06 Apr 10 23:37
Any race at Aintree containing a Cheltenham festival runner needs treating with extreme caution imo.

I rarely have a bet at the meeting other than in the National. That race's unique conditions makes it somewhat easier to make a judgement on any Cheltenham runners who turn up for it . . .

Mon Mome has developed a mind of his own and is worth opposing.
Tricky Trickster seems much over-rated.
Joe Lively looks to have lost his appetite after many hard races
Don't Push It - a rare poor run back over hurdles last time and I'll be having a small bet on him
Niche Market - worth a small bet on his jumping/stamina alone
My Will - thoroughly exposed now and prone to the odd error
Character Building - backed him last year when he missed the race through injury; will doubtless wear the tongue tie that made so much difference when he sauntered in at the 09 Festival - he'll be on my short list
The Package - improving, jumps, likely to stay, only 10.7, must have a chance but, the value among the Festival runners, imo, must be Comply or Die. Bar Mon Mome's surprise return to form, last year, he'd be trying to do a Red Rum here with just 11.5. The fact alone that Timmy has yet to decide between him and the package makes COD a good bet at 32 around twice the price of the younger horse.

Always after ultimate value, I still think, as mentioned on other threads, that lies with Eric's Charm although I was interested to read that HoJo fancies Royal Rosa so strongly (6th in Scottish GN last year) that he intends to take out Abbeybraney to ensure RR gets in. The horse finished 3rd in the Becher this season when 9lbs wrong and under, arguably, a less than perfect ride.

Enigmatic (both horse and trainer) but at 150/1 probably worth a small bet.
By:
Charlton2005
When: 06 Apr 10 23:40

Steeplechasing 06 Apr 23:37
Any race at Aintree containing a Cheltenham festival runner needs treating with extreme caution imo.

Very much in agreement with you SC.
By:
thedemps
When: 07 Apr 10 00:06
It is a valid point but 19 of the last 26 winners of the TSB ran in the Gold Cup - usually running a bad race - seems odd to me as this race would seem to suit those who don't stay well enough for the GC and usually they have given their all at Cheltenham

Not many GC winners have gone on to contest this lately and if Kauto Star had beaten Denman hands down he would be 1/2

I get the feeling that IC might be an anti-hype horse and people are looking for reasons to oppose him - I thought 4/6 would be best price in which case I would have watched and cheered him on but I have had a decent bet at 5/6 and without doubt will go in again if anyone goes evs
By:
thedemps
When: 07 Apr 10 00:07
To clarify - usually running a bad race - I meant in the GC
By:
Win only - Sp only
When: 07 Apr 10 00:21
the demps, you will get evens.
By:
thedemps
When: 07 Apr 10 00:30
I hope you are right SP but as it stands happy with my 5/6
By:
CVByrne
When: 07 Apr 10 00:31
You have Denman last year and Kauto the year before beaten at odds on. But Exotic hacked up the year before when racing quite inferior horses. It's quite possible IC will do the same. But then again the flat track, hard race at Chelts, short time between races all could be reasons to oppose.

I'm really stumped with this. Might go WAF and IC WAF forecast. Dunno, stumped. Bit of pondering to do.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com