Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 119 comments are related to the topic:
Lay The Arse Of Imperial Commander

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 119
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 13:04
enjbenjy - he has improved enormously in the last 18 months

If he were to have raced on softer, he'd have put in better performances. Not sure why that's so difficult to understand.

Happy with my 1.85 lay.
By:
red and white
When: 08 Apr 10 13:28
Can't wait until the race is over to get rid of this beastial thread.
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 14:58
lmao

IC, when fresh, is one of the best staying chasers we've seen in years. His record over fences after break of seven weeks or less reads 146P5 while he is 11121 after a longer period off than seven weeks.

How sensational is Kauto Star, when not at his best, not liking the ground, not 100% fit, not at his favourite track, to inflict the only defeat on a fresh Imperial Commander? Jesus Christ what a horse.
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 14:59
Would :x to see Nacarat take this
By:
ben10
When: 08 Apr 10 15:02
6/4 very tempting now, think you laid the value though cok.
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 15:02
me too

can't eat value though

:-(
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 15:03
is that Bobby??
By:
_royboy_
When: 08 Apr 10 15:04
gotta be - he quoted 'field in ireland'
By:
jetodd
I think so
By:
_royboy_
top man - good luck
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 15:05
this is one time i wouldnt mid old whiskey nose fergie having a result :-)
By:
Steeplechasing
When: 08 Apr 10 15:10
That was Bobby
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 15:12
thought so

ignores me on here without any explanation, never had cross words with him and have praised his horse

anyway............come on you grey beauty
By:
ben10
When: 08 Apr 10 15:17
Well done, was beat before unseating
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 15:19
Was already beaten, first horse beat in fact

Was one of the worst 1.85 shots I'd ever seen

Won plenty and delighted,

:D

but I'd give half my profits back to have Nacarat win that - I've really taken to that horse
By:
redbag
good call by the op
By:
johnnyrant
diabolical decision to run him today - horse deserved better treatment than that. Nicholls and Twiston-Davies both negligent inn this respect imo
By:
ben10
Probably prefer Carruthers to have won tbh
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 15:20
johnnyrant 08 Apr 15:19
diabolical decision to run him today - horse deserved better treatment than that

You could not be more correct. Shambolic decision.
By:
enjbenjy
When: 08 Apr 10 15:21
Nice one Layers.
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 08 Apr 10 15:25
Such a bad performance it was beyond belief. Laughable comment from Claire Boarding "we will never know if he had won or not", lets be honest he was beat halfway round. Poor call from the trainer, great penalty kick that one he hit the corner flag
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 15:27
Ruby:

'IC was beaten after a mile'
By:
zilzal1
When: 08 Apr 10 15:29
Think we can say now that Nacarat doesnt quite get beyond three miles and he appears to jump better going the other way, he seemed to get in close in the same way he did in the Melling last year.
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 15:36
Yep :-(
By:
ben10
When: 08 Apr 10 15:38
Amazed Baby Run is so solid, you'd think the same principle applies but obviously not...
By:
ben10
When: 08 Apr 10 15:55
Not really same principle but still beat. Charlton, you must be having a good day :)
All my ones to take on have been beaten so far, shame I can't find the right alternative!
By:
unclepuncle
When: 08 Apr 10 16:04
I know Bobbydazzler posts on here and gets plenty of backslapping when things go well but it's absolutely amazing how the connections allowed the horse to run .

The world and his wife were saying he would get beat after such a short space between his races., so why potentially risk his campaign next year by running him when he was never going to be at his best. Are they really that desperate for the prize money?

Brennan should have pulled him up long before he finally fell off. The only good thing is that Brennan fell off before the horse managed to injure/kill himself.
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 16:10
Not really Paddy's fault imo - don't think he hit him with the stick, was probably aiming to nurse him around for third and he may have got it too bar the fall/unseat

Fault lies squarely with (a) the trainer and (b) the owners, including bobby dazzler, who has twice now in one season allowed NTD to go against his wishes and run IC in a race he should never have been running in

The owners pay the bills and ultimately it comes down to them to have the balls and overrule their trainer when they think he is wrong. The owners and Bobby have been lacking in this department.

Fair enough if you think 'ok i disagree but i'll go with my trainer this time' - but when your trainer is wrong why would you then trust him again less that 4 months later when you are once more sure the opposite is better for your horse?
By:
asterisk1
When: 08 Apr 10 16:11
Short space time certainly didn't stop Big Bucks winning again did it? IC is overrated and today just proved it.
By:
top div
When: 08 Apr 10 16:12
As far as i can tell he (BD) owns a 6th share in the horse.

Therefor he doesn't really have much say should the other five (or even four) members decide they want him to run.

I'd imagine BD is feeling terrible right now and i doubt he's too happy with the other syndicate members who wanted to run (or indeed the trainer).But other than dissolving the partnership what can he do ?.

Doubt the same mistake will be made again.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 08 Apr 10 16:35
asterisk1 08 Apr 16:11
Short space time certainly didn't stop Big Bucks winning again did it? IC is overrated and today just proved it.

What a numbskull :(

All horses are not the same and it was common knowledge that IC needs space between his races.
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 16:40
Problem is Top Div, the same mistake was made again

2 mistakes within 4 months of each other
By:
asterisk1
When: 08 Apr 10 16:48
Unclepunter - no need to start calling names but then I guess low posting standards come through when some prefer to ignore what was a factual statement.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 08 Apr 10 18:15
^ Go away little boy
By:
Charlton2005
When: 08 Apr 10 18:17
WD Kauto
By:
Youmzain
When: 08 Apr 10 18:39
asterisk1 08 Apr 16:11

Oh dear.
By:
TD_Gunner
When: 08 Apr 10 18:43
great shout kauto.
By:
ELG
When: 08 Apr 10 20:05
oh great...look who has money to back Anderson Silva this weekend FFS

:D
By:
CVByrne
When: 08 Apr 10 20:23
Good shout cok, You'd think I'd have learnt my lesson with Kauto 2 years ago and dodging Denman last year. But I didn't rate WAF so felt a semi decent performance for IC would win it. Was thinking Exotic in 07.

Anyway, I hope Nicholls gets Kauto fully fit for Haydock so we can see these two go head to head. Lets hope neither blunder away their chances and we get another battle finish like last year.
By:
comeonkautostar
When: 08 Apr 10 21:07
Thanks all :-)

You know it ELG :D
Page 3 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML