Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CVByrne
13 Dec 14 14:45
| Topic/replies: 5,105 | Blogger: CVByrne's blog
That was an astonishing performance at Doncaster today. He was under a very tight rein the whole way. Smashes a good rival by 19l and does it in a time 11 seconds quicker than the earlier hurdle race.

I'm all over it for the Triumph, biggest Antepost bet now. Took 10s and then more at 8s

I think this is an exceptional talent

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 20  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 766
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 13 Dec 14 15:48
He probably did a rating of 140 today
On soft ground
He wont get that ground at Cheltenham
The last trials should be on Feb 21
Im quite prepared for other challengers to appear
GL
With your project
By:
CVByrne
When: 13 Dec 14 15:59
He beat a 128 rated horse giving him 3lbs by 19l very hard held. So you can't even add if you think he ran a 140. It was clearly a 150+ - the time backs up his visual performance

Also the old he won on soft he wont get that at Cheltenham argument. Yes because we all know horses can only win on one type of ground. It was g2s in places today it's not like it was heavy ground.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 13 Dec 14 16:46
he looks a top class juvenile in the making...like cheltenham today the ground seemed quite holding and he clearly liked it 

analysing the race isn't easy as he beat 2 horses who seemed to dislike the ground and had proven form on good ground and today was holding, however the time was good in comparison with other races on the card...

i'm not one to jump on the bandwagon but what a good performance and he looks a top class prospect, it was only his second start...i can see why some are jumping in, as you will struggle to find juveniles capable of such ratings...better ground will be the unknown factor similar to the non flashy mullins juvenile and i am a believer when a horse devours the ground like he did today, that the horse does like it but we won't know till later in the season in this regard, one thing is for sure though he looks a lovely horse in the making...his next start will tell me more, not my kind of bet just yet as want to see more and will be happy to take a shorter price if all the jigsaw pieces fit nearer the day
By:
sj
When: 13 Dec 14 16:58
Very good performance but I take form at Donny and Ascot with a bit of caution
By:
sc1883
When: 13 Dec 14 17:55
Excellent performance and for me the leading Triumph contender seen so far. For its 2nd ever race couldnt believe how fluent a jumper he looked. Form looks rock solid to me. Well done if you got a double figure price but no point jumping in at 6-1. The favourite of the triumph in recent years as generally been avaiable at 9-2 on the day so no point risking my money now when its not going to be much shorter on the day
By:
Paterson92
When: 13 Dec 14 18:07
Am I correct in saying Peace And Co beat a horse in France that subsequently beat Kalkir?
By:
SoYouThink
When: 13 Dec 14 20:04
I would agree - his hurdling will prove a very strong weapon. He looks a natural at them. It will be interesting to see where he runs next.
By:
Paterson92
When: 13 Dec 14 20:43
Sorry I got that one wrong actually. Marracudja who was making his debut for Paul Nicholls today came 2nd at Auteuil beating Bonito Du Berlais into 3rd and Kalkir into 4th. Marracudja was then tailed off today against Peace and Co.
By:
Howdi
When: 13 Dec 14 21:06
anyone got a link to the race? ...Can't find it on Bet 365 archive maybe they dont show doncaster races?
By:
Paterson92
When: 13 Dec 14 21:09
do you have a Sky Bet account Howdi? You can watch it on Sporting Life or Sky Sports Racing by logging into your account if you have one?
By:
Paterson92
When: 13 Dec 14 21:10
This was him winning at Clarefontaine ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SbcJfE_OpY
By:
Paterson92
When: 13 Dec 14 21:11
And you can watch his win here if you have a Sky Bet account ... http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/13-12-2014/doncaster/result/653378/bet365-summit-juvenile-hurdle-grade-2/video
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 13 Dec 14 21:16
thanks for that video.

Looks a lovely course, i wonder how much they paid for him. He jumped so quickly over those small fences, i dont think he will make a chaser mind.
By:
Howdi
When: 13 Dec 14 22:11
cheers pal
By:
CVByrne
When: 13 Dec 14 22:58
His hurdling is Hurricane Fly level good and he's only jumped them twice. He just looks a superstar to me. Only once before has a horse left an impression as strong and that was Fly himself at Leopardstown when smashing Go Native by 10l with a jaw dropping turn of foot.

I think I've seen an absolute superstar of a horse today in Peace and Co
By:
cyclops
When: 14 Dec 14 00:28
Into 6/1 CV. Do you think that's still a bet? (Not disagreeing with you at all - great performance).
By:
CVByrne
When: 14 Dec 14 10:05
Visually he was awesome and the time backs up the performance. He was 5 seconds clear of Starchitecht in 2nd and was 11s and 9s faster than the other two hurdle races on the card. He did all this in 3rd gear. He just looks like an absolute superstar. His hurdling was as slick as they come. He seemed happy out in front too and tbh given how well he hurdles maybe you should let him run like that. 6/1 is still value imo.

I already have Kalkir & Hargam backed but have lumped on this fella.
By:
sintonian
When: 14 Dec 14 10:19
He's only had 2 lifetime runs. I couldn't touch him at 6/1 for a rollercoaster race like the Triumph. If he wins again he wont be much shorter in the market so i'd want to see some questions answered first..i.e big fields, different track, consistency etc.
By:
TheCollector
When: 14 Dec 14 10:20
Must admit...me n my mate watched this in pub and our words were 'that is some tool'. Not sure about 6-1 at the mo though. Need to see it again in another race.
By:
TheCollector
When: 14 Dec 14 10:21
Time and time again you see a horse win by a long way then struggle NTO. Many Triumph winners recently come out to play in the new year also. Would also wonder why they set it off at Doncaster and not a harder task at Cheltenham etc
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 14 Dec 14 10:54
Looked great but has to prove it at a proper track.
By:
CVByrne
When: 14 Dec 14 11:16
I understand some of the reservations people can have on just 1 race. But I have to go with my opinion, I've not been wrong before when I think a horse is an utter superstar Fly at Leopardstown as a novice, Kauto in his first Betfair Chase, Sprinter Sacre in his 2nd chase at Kempton . When you see a performance that is just utterly astonishing you just need to accept it's a wonder horse.

What time could he have posted yesterday if he was allowed to stride on after the 2nd last? Jacob was having his arms pulled out all the way, he was taking strong pulls as they turned into the straight and again all the way to the line.

The 2nd ran a good race, his time was a good few seconds quicker than the other hurdle races on the card. The 3rd who was beaten a full 32l was only 7l back from Golden Doylen & Hargam at Cheltenham and was conceding them 4lbs and 8lbs respectively.

I mean he's going to go very short if he reppoduces that kind of performance nto and people saying he'll still be 6/1 is a bit mad tbh. If he saunters in 10l+ he'll go 5/2

I'm saying it now, he's an absolute Superstar of a horse.
By:
gutfeeling
When: 14 Dec 14 11:19
Visually very impressive, Will need to back up the performance when upped in Grade before I get the bunting out, Anyone who got on early well done but 6/1 is no value in such a division where the form is always evolving with every new entrant.
By:
SoYouThink
When: 14 Dec 14 11:32
Yes if he wins like that again say at the Triumph Hurdle trial at Cheltenham in January, he could well go below 2/1. The problem is you can never be sure what else is out there - there's probably a few more juveniles yet to make their debut plus Kalkir and Hargam have more to come. Golden Doyen looks a tough horse too. If a few of those were to disappoint though and Peace and Co won like that again, he could be very short come day. The current 6/1 very much depends on what you think of the other contenders.

I would agree to an extent with Sintonian - things like bigger fields and different tracks will tell a lot more but this is the Triumph Hurdle we are talking about and there's always unknowns with young horses like juveniles. Zarkandar won their after only one run - for example - so you have to make an educated guess as regards the unknowns.
By:
GI MAC
When: 14 Dec 14 11:34
sometimes you just got to believe what you see, that was an awesome run yesterday.
By:
SoYouThink
When: 14 Dec 14 11:35
His jumping though was as good as you will ever see from a horse making his British or Irish racecourse debut.

On the evidence of yesterday he hurdles better than the leading CH contenders, e.g. Jezki, Faugheen, The New One. And I definitely think it's not an exaggeration to say that.
By:
gutfeeling
When: 14 Dec 14 11:42
I agree SYT but his hurdling could look a lot different going half a stride faster, It could be better, It could go to pot, We won't know till it happens but can all make a guess at it.
Plenty yet to show their hand and the few that have you'd expect improvement from, It's just me I always err on the side of caution but I love the enthusiasm of people here and everywhere when they see a big performance.
By:
wellchief
When: 14 Dec 14 11:53
Not a race that I ever get particulalrly involved in, but I can see both sides of the arguments here.  Yes, he put in a superb performance, but it all seemed a bit too good to be true for me - I'd be much happer taking 5/2 if he could do that again, than take 6/1 now on a shot in the dark effectively.

As a few have said, there's nothing to say another one won't be out there somewhere, so I wouldn't advise going in strong when you don't know who he might be facing yet.  Each to their own though.
By:
Howdi
When: 14 Dec 14 12:37
Backing early price on Triumph fav's......not been profitable over the years but good luck. Visually amazing.
By:
CVByrne
When: 14 Dec 14 12:39
That's my view GI MAC - Sometimes a superstar is just a superstar. People went to all lengths to say how Sprinter Sacre wouldn't win the Arkle when I just outright believed he was just something out of this world based on what he did at Kempton to Peddlers Cross.

Golden Doylen & Hargam were getting weight from L'aigle Royal and only beat him 7l at Cheltenham last month. The same horse was beaten 32l yesterday by Peace & Co. When you see a field strung out like that you know the pace was probably a good one and the time shows it was very good.

We look back to Peace & Co win in France and the two horses he beat have since won some good races. He also made the running that day too. So the tested in bigger fields argument won't hold if he's up at the front. The way he hurdles you'd want to use that skill to take lengths out of the field and not give them back.

Henderson had said he may have one very good called Peace & Co in an interview with Betracingnation about 6 weeks ago. So his rep was there before he came to the track. The only rival he has imo is Kalkir.

Sometimes a star is born, I think I've seen one yesterday and am excited that I'll hopefully have years to follow a horse just as my current hero is bowing out.
By:
wellchief
When: 14 Dec 14 12:49
To be fair CV, Sprinter had a big army of fans on here before he won the Arkle.
By:
CVByrne
When: 14 Dec 14 12:56
Oh I know he did, but still there were equally as many people saying he wouldn't get up the hill or doubting him etc. The point I was making is sometimes a phenominal performance is because it was a phenominal horse, not because opposition were poor or other mitigating factors.

The true class horses go on any ground, any direction, have speed and stamina and buckets of class.
By:
Howdi
When: 14 Dec 14 13:02
To be fair though CV there have a been some amazingly visual performances over the years, that didn't stand the test of time.

Dunguib
Hawk Wing (Think that was his name Newbury winner)
By:
CVByrne
When: 14 Dec 14 13:23
Dunguib was bumper form though and those races are won by stayers and I've never heard of Hawk Wing.
By:
sintonian
When: 14 Dec 14 14:15
Agree with Wellchief...would rather take 5/2 after he's proven it was not a flash in the pan. More questions than answers at this stage.
By:
sintonian
When: 14 Dec 14 14:15
* in the context of him being a 6/1 chance.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 14 Dec 14 14:23
I'd just dutch the two favourites at 5/2 - can't see anything else winning it.
By:
sintonian
When: 14 Dec 14 14:26
5/2 antepost Uncle? 3 months to go.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 14 Dec 14 14:34
yep as much as he looks a top class prospect, to many imponderables for me at this stage as well...am with the others that will be happy to take a much shorter price nearer the day if he answers all the questions involving ground mostly, the same applies to mullins horse who is a pure french bred who walsh said needed cut, this horse is also a french bred really or from a french family and he loved that ground...it has to remembered that connections wanted to drop him in yesterday but the jockey couldn't restrain the horse...i'd imagine they will try and restrain him next time and we will see how he gets on, if the jockey can that isGrin
Page 1 of 20  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 20 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com