Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 484 comments are related to the topic:
cue card

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 6 of 13  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 484
By:
Steeplechasing
When: 24 Dec 12 21:57
Joe knows the horse well and that will stand him in good stead: however he got it beat at Newbury, losing momentum going to the last when seeking a safe stride then looking round on landing (he has an awful habit of that). But I think he's learning along with the horse. I don't slag jockeys, never have done, but I can't think of many punters who would not prefer Ruby on their selection.
By:
King Selassie I
When: 24 Dec 12 22:47
It's been raining hard down here for the last 6 hours. KG winner will have to be a 3&1/2 miler. Expect going to be the heaviest ever seen. TBH I will be surprised if meet goes ahead. Much too much rain down here.
By:
judorick
When: 24 Dec 12 23:38
how close are you to the track?

because I had a report from someone no more than a mile away that said that it was quite a dry day there with only light drizzle
By:
King Selassie I
When: 25 Dec 12 00:07
They may be more correct than me Judo. I am near Sandown Park - 5.5 miles away !!
By:
judorick
When: 25 Dec 12 00:09
it's still 1/7 to be on
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 25 Dec 12 08:32
we have had serious constant  rain in south london ,not a million miles away from the track ,and i suspect the ground will be like a sponge if the meeting takes place ,for that reason am planning to trade out a lump on cue card in running about 2 -3 from home !
By:
call it a day
When: 25 Dec 12 09:01
Keep the faith Foyles.Hopefully the beast will be about ten clear two out,with the others crying enough.(ok,I have been on the sauce already...)Merry Christmas to all.
By:
duffy
When: 25 Dec 12 16:59
foyles
2-3 from home he will already on his fourth iron lung.!!Wink
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 25 Dec 12 22:57
Just cant get that race at Newbury last season out of my head when Bobs Worth chinned him after Cue Card was threading water on the run in (2m 4f on good)
By:
judorick
When: 25 Dec 12 23:28
he was giving 7lbs, at level weights he would have p1ssed in and you would be saying something else
By:
Brooksielad
When: 26 Dec 12 10:17
he was giving 7lbs to a horse that was having his first run of the season that was most probably at least 7lbs shy of being 100% fit.
By:
judorick
When: 26 Dec 12 10:22
that's not the point!

you were arguing that he looked a non stayer because he got collared on the post

my counter to that is that had they been at level weights, Cue Card would have won comfortably by a couple of lengths and you would not be drawing the same conclusion

well cheltenhamroar wouldn't because it was him that decided cue card did not stay when trying to give 7lbs to bobs worty
By:
buddeliea
When: 26 Dec 12 10:59
he werent treading water at the end,and equal weights would have seen him beat the current Gold Cup fav,albeit over 2m4.
Ive said before that their is no evidence that says he will stay 3m today,but thats the case to a degree with all horses that step up,but equally their is no evidence to say he wont.
its all about weather you think his price is worth taking to find out.
By:
duffy
When: 26 Dec 12 13:39
The point is that it was 2.4 miles....a distance that should have suited CC a whole lot better than BW, but the fact was that it was already getting to the distance where a top class stayer was able to do him at the intermediate trip.
By:
wellchief
When: 26 Dec 12 15:38
Cue Card backers knew their fate after about 2 fences today.

I hope JT was very easy on him in the run in.  I questioned the decision to run him in such dreadful ground at his first attempt at 3m, and I hope he can get over that race.
By:
duffy
When: 26 Dec 12 15:42
His class enabled him to travel back into the race after the blunder at the first and dodgy at the second, he stuck on bravely, but as thought he is a 2 miler front running class class horse, SS or not, that's just too bad, run him from the front at 2 miles, their fear of one horse will cost this horse, forget the ryannair, the race doesn't do this horse justice.
By:
duffy
When: 26 Dec 12 15:44
Please please don't anybody say, if he didn't blunder or if the ground was better....he didn't stay....but he's a very brave horse.
By:
alexmillwall
When: 26 Dec 12 16:05
Will be interesting to see which race he goes for. I wont be ignoring him
By:
red and white
When: 26 Dec 12 17:29
Surely the Ryanair. He's had a lot of experience now and it's a shame they still can't get him settled.
By:
call it a day
When: 26 Dec 12 17:55
Surely get back to 2 miles, blast away fronm the front, if SS is about that is just too bad...don't be scared of one horse.
By:
red and white
When: 26 Dec 12 18:40
Blast away  in front like Sanctuaire you mean? I don't think the Tizzards would be stupid enough to try to beat Sprinter Sacre over two miles again. CC shaped as though two and a half would be perfect in the Arkle race though I wouldn't be getting carried away about his Ryanair prospects the way he set off today.
By:
duffy
When: 26 Dec 12 18:51
He was a bit keen going to the first and second but then settled well I thought, he travelled through the race well but didn't get home...GC pulled more than he did, although neither through their race away on account of pulling.
By:
duffy
When: 26 Dec 12 18:52
threw
By:
call it a day
When: 26 Dec 12 18:59
Big difference between CC and Sanctuaire.One horse capable of giving it a race,the other hopelessly outclassed.
By:
judorick
When: 15 Feb 13 12:32
hopefully we get to see the real Cue Card on Saturday, think he will get a soft lead and win
By:
blarney
When: 15 Feb 13 12:57
It will be interesting to see if this years grueling King George has left a mark. I will also be keeping an eye on Captain Chris for the same reason.

I have never been convinced that Cheltenham is the right track for Cue Card and would suggest his chances would be better in something like the Melling Chase at Aintree.
By:
SirFresh
When: 15 Feb 13 16:13
CC ran well in the Champion Chase and won the Bumper though? Also ran well enough in the Supreme?

I still like him for the Ryanair assuming he shows his well being at the weekend.
By:
SirFresh
When: 15 Feb 13 16:13
Arkle I mean...not Champion Chase
By:
judorick
When: 15 Feb 13 16:31
yes I would think the Ryan Air would be ideal for him, still remains the horse that has got closest to the Black Aeroplane in a chase

if they give him a soft lead on Saturday he could bound away like he did at Exeter
By:
duffy
When: 15 Feb 13 17:00
I'd have to be against CC over the trip, although not 3 miles I think he's absolutely all speed and in excess of 2 miles against top quality I think is going to be a negative for him, like it or not I think their lot in life is going to be having to take on the monster over 2 miles.
By:
judorick
When: 15 Feb 13 17:10
nah gave 7lb to bobs worth over 2 miles 4 furlongs and only just got nabbed

think he will easily get 3 miles in time, just has to settle

never a 2 miler
By:
buddeliea
When: 15 Feb 13 17:45
yeh,that run against Bobsworth proved he stays for me.
Not sure about 3m personally,but you are right about him settling judo,cos he will never stay 3m until he does.
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 15 Feb 13 17:49
I don't think he'll stay the trip properly but we'll see. Would have already backed him for Ryanir if I thought he did.
By:
judorick
When: 15 Feb 13 17:59
what do you mean, properly?
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 15 Feb 13 18:20
In that he woudn't get away with it against top class horses but could against weaker opposition. I think he can stay 2m 3f-4f but 2m 5f at Cheltenham against top class opposition would stretch him.
By:
judorick
When: 15 Feb 13 18:23
that basically says you think he's not good enough
By:
GoldCupWinner
When: 15 Feb 13 18:28
At this trip no but 2m 4f around Aintee and I may change my mind. Evidence is inconclusive so it's a watching brief for me, if he does win I know I'll have to take a much shorter price for Ryanair but if my gut feeling is right I have saved my money.
By:
duffy
When: 15 Feb 13 18:30
If I was a supporter of the horse over 2.4 i'd have been disappointed by failing to beat BW a thorough stayer over the trip that should have suited CC better, I think though that he was beaten because the staying part of it came into play.
By:
judorick
When: 15 Feb 13 18:33
got a pish ride that day and was giving 7lbs, it's fecking top class form, find another race to knock him for imo because that one was a blinder
By:
buddeliea
When: 15 Feb 13 18:35
with the weight difference and the ride he got,i think that was a pretty good performace.
he only just got outbattled,and to my eyes was not stopping.
Page 6 of 13  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com