Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 910 comments are related to the topic:
The Arkle - early season ramblings

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 23 of 23  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 910
By:
eric_morris
When: 26 Feb 11 16:02
If Captain Chris doesnt run in the Arkle it wont affect my chances in the race ... look up at those words flying over your head Laugh
By:
Brownes Gazette would have won
When: 26 Feb 11 16:06
Your position is affected if it doesn't run yet you've backed it......now I am confused!! Oh wait, now you are going to say you've backed it NRNB.
By:
eric_morris
When: 26 Feb 11 16:10
No, you just dont understand antepost you have amply demonstrated that. Carry on with the guessing lad you wont be learning anything from me you obviously know it all already like many others on here. Happy
By:
When: 26 Feb 11 16:13
That is why I am asking....I'm intrigued. You say you've backed it ante-post and at the same time you have also stated it isn't NRNB. You clearly haven't laid it back so hence why I am puzzled as to how it doesn't affect your position if (when) it doesn't run. Now, rather than come back with more insults, enlighten me oh master, I am your pupil.
By:
When: 26 Feb 11 16:25
As I thought.
By:
eric_morris
When: 26 Feb 11 16:49
read again: you wont be learning anything from me.
By:
When: 26 Feb 11 16:58
As I thought. I can only presume you've been thinking to yourself 'bollocks, I've talked myself into a right position here, how the hell am I going to get out of this one?'. Don't worry Eric, I'll not embarrass you anymore. Sleep tight little man.
By:
tweedledumbtweedletwat
When: 26 Feb 11 19:16
ive just returned home after watching racing.
has hobbs given any ideas regarding cc intended target plse?
incidentally apart from getting in close to 2fences i thought his juming was improved today,actually jumped straight.i guess having that rail on his inside may have helped ..something which would be missing at chelt!
punchestown would be the target if he was mine
By:
brigust1
When: 26 Feb 11 19:30
Hi, he said they wouldn't decide between the Arkle and the Jewson until the Monday before. I think he was erring on the side of the Jewson because he said it was an easier race and CC had already been beaten by Ghizao and Medermit.
By:
R Carver
When: 26 Feb 11 21:03
Cannot see this horse winning going left handed and if he runs in the Arkle he wont have sufficient speed IMO.
By:
When: 26 Feb 11 21:08
R Carver....agree on both points. While it jumped ok today you can see that it won't be suited going left handed. Infact I'm coming around to a place lay on whichever race it goes for (more likely the longer one).
By:
R Carver
When: 26 Feb 11 21:16
GL Browns.

He is a lovely looking horse, high class, but those are my feelings about him and I can imagine in December they will be targetting the king George rather than the Tingle Creek. Punchestown may suit better.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 02 Mar 11 17:49
Finians Rainbow (4) , Medermit (4) , Ghizao (5) , Realt Dubh (10) , Starluck (12) , Captain Chris (15) , Dan Breen (33) , Mikael DHaguenet (33) , Rock Noir (33) , Noble Prince (35) , Bellvano (40) , Giorgio Quercus (49) , Blazing Tempo (50) , Stagecoach Pearl (66) , Williams Wishes (66) , West With The Wind (100) , Tullamore Dew (103) , Cadoudalas (119) , Pepe Simo (119) , Phidippides (150)  - Others 224 or more
By:
El Apache
When: 05 Mar 11 10:17
Rock Noir

Looks like he is now in the mix.

Cant see that many runners in this race. Probably go off in single figures.
By:
brigust1
When: 05 Mar 11 10:33
Why not Bellvano? Same owner, schooled at Kempton last week with this in mind.
Anyone know anything about this one?
I've taken the 40's NRNB with Sid's just in case. Will be a lot shorter if it runs, and if not, money back.
NH and JP were late with Bino last year.
If I find there is a punt being lined up I will not be a happy bunny. (Starluck).
By:
eric_morris
When: 05 Mar 11 10:39
County Hurdle
By:
El Apache
When: 09 Mar 11 22:01
Rock Noir

Looks like we are in business.
By:
Wayward Lad
When: 10 Mar 11 13:34
Must admit, I agree with Eric Morris that this looks a decent Arkle on paper.
Last year, only 4 of the 12 starters went into the race with an OR greater than 150.
Top rated with OR157 was eventual winner Sizing Europe.

This year there are 5 with greater than 150 ratings.
Top rated being Ghizao with OR157.
(If Mikael d'Haguenet had not fallen at final fence when about to beat Jessie's Dream, I reckon it would be rated 160+).
By:
Reyes
When: 14 Mar 11 12:12
from 5th Oct. Page1, Post1.

The one horse, at this stage, i'm most eagerly anticipating making his debut is Captain Chris. He struck me as something special lto, time will tell.

Cheers and good luck all.

Don't say i didn't tell you. [;)
By:
unclepuncle
When: 15 Mar 11 15:18
Great callLaugh

And Finians traded at 1.5 in runningSad
By:
eric_morris
When: 15 Mar 11 19:44
Happy
By:
unclepuncle
When: 15 Mar 11 21:15
Eric - I know you mentioned you had backed 3 horses for the arkle, and have been saying all along that CC should go for the Arkle,  but is there anywhere on this thread where you actually state categorically you have backed Captain Chris.
By:
buddeliea
When: 15 Mar 11 21:22
i feel fully vindicated in my opinions on Finians,all along i said he was a proper 2m chaser and a good jumper at speed when allowed to run at his pace.
where i made the mistake over the season was thinking Captain Chris was running in the longer race,and never really considering him.mind you i Got the other fancied ones correct though.
my brother started talking about him yesterday,and thanks to him i had a saver on CC,but all those who had faith in CC running in the race and backing him have done very well.
By:
Pleasegivemeanailedontip
When: 15 Mar 11 23:08
Reyes - inspired

Great call
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 15 Mar 11 23:36
a great thread comes to an end well done all who backed the winner was on the 3rd myself e.w at 25s so not too dispondent good luck all for the rest of the festival
By:
sintonian
When: 16 Mar 11 00:35
It's hard to dsitinguish on this thread what Eric backed, but nevertheless, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say well done. Well done eric.

And Reyes, or course.

As for FR .. he ran an absolute screamer.. forcing the pace.
By:
evra
When: 16 Mar 11 01:28
cracking call reyes,hope u cleaned up,deserved to with that shout,well done
By:
unclepuncle
When: 17 Mar 11 14:39
unclepuncle
When: 23 Jan 11 13:43

Noble Prince would be my leading fancy for the new 2m4f novice race if they aim him there, he just lacks the gears at 2m in the top company. The 16/1 available would be huge if thats where they aim him'

Grin
By:
eric_morris
When: 29 Mar 11 18:29
Great thread to read back and see who was right and who was wrong. Happy

Only disappointment is Reyes deserting Captain Chris, thinking he should go to Punchestown instead on another thread.
By:
duffy
When: 30 Mar 11 00:56
i mentioned finians first back at the start....shame that when the race came round i thought medermit was a certLaughCry
By:
wellchief
When: 13 Dec 11 19:33
We need to get an epic thread like this started for this years Arkle!!!! This year’s renewal is much better, so I can garauntee there will be some heated debate as we nearer March!

Between various Peddlers Cross, Al Feorf and Sprinter Sacre threads, we must have about 400 replies already!

Looking back on this thread now, there are some great quotes – a selected few

“captain chris looks a big slow horse that would probably be suited to 4 n half mile in time :)”

This is my fav from Eric Morris

“This is the strongest Arkle for years.

Realt Dubh is a dual Grade 1 winner over 2 miles fences yet is only the 4th fav. In a normal year he would be fav.

There is a horse in the race who Ruby Walsh thinks could be special and according to the trainer has an outstanding chance in Ghizao. You have Medermit and Captain Chris who were well clear, head and shoulders better than the rest of the field in a Graded race last time.

Browne's Gazette will obviously last ten minutes antepost on here if he calls that a weak Arkle he must walk around with his eyes closed and his single brain cell switched off.

This Arkle will produce the best winner since Azertyuiop imo.”
Page 23 of 23  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com