Forums

Tradefair & Financials

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Whippet
17 May 12 19:37
| Topic/replies: 6,350 | Blogger: Whippet's blog
what do we reckon? all aboard the short bus tomorrow?

Show More
Report Whippet May 17, 2012 9:35 PM BST
IPO price is $38. ($104bn market cap)

Already trading at $128bn on igindex grey markets.

Tempted to short at that price.
Report Menelaus May 17, 2012 9:49 PM BST
Remind me again, in clownland language "tempted" means "I've gone short", "getting into position to get short", or "take the other side of the trade if you spot a european swallow"?

No rush, whenever you get up from your knees.
Report Mrben May 17, 2012 10:16 PM BST
I remember when google listed at 120$.The same  mouthpieces then were saying "its too expensive". It did nothing but go up.

I think facebook will be similar.

Don't underestimate the savvy of the guys running these companies.You  dont get a billion users by accident.they will find a way to make it pay.

The leverage with all those users is enormous one they  find the formula.

For example- what's to stop them listing google ads on each FB page, linked to the persons interests? Google already has this software.

Down the right hand side an unobtrusive say 10/15% of the page. On General motors page for eg , google ads for dealers or car selling sites. Too easy.

facebook is a buy buy buy for investors.
Report Burton-Brewers May 17, 2012 10:20 PM BST
how do they make money, just from advertising?
Report Menelaus May 17, 2012 10:28 PM BST
I suppose our resident village idiot thinks *that* could pass off as analysis. And then the other mug on the other thread wonders why I'm such a "disagreeable priick"?

My eyes fill with tears when I read benny the clown's stuff on here.....from laughter.
Report Menelaus May 17, 2012 10:53 PM BST
Let's do the math.

In 2011 Facebook reported $3.8bn in REVENUE. We don't know what the PROFIT was because as a private company they don't have to tell us. Let's be generous and just assume that they are in Google profit margin category (27.5pc) which translates into just over one billion $$$ in profit ($1.045). This implies a P/E ratio of 95.7 with a RETURN on investment of only just over 1pc under the IPO valuation. Where do I line up to buy this dreadful investment??? And I haven't even mentioned the greatest headwind they face, uncertainty over how privacy law rulings will end up in Congress, nor the fact that I find it highly suspect that they offered 25pc to retail, or did Zuckerberg found religion and I didn't get the memo. But hey, why fret the details, do like benny the clown and just pull your finger out of your arse and make the call.

The IPO has been pumped by every sale side w******e out there for a long time now with all the hysteria climaxing today, with CNBC taking a breather from being an AAPL infomercial and hyping Facebook. The "investors" retards will pile in and the price will pop. It's the last chance for the TBTFs to generate optimism and pump the market which is on the verge of turning over, so expect ferocious pumping. Then wait a few weeks and short the living daylights out of this dog.

Math never lies.
Report FINE AS FROG HAIR May 18, 2012 7:01 AM BST
I thought in English we said " Let's do the maths ". Whatever.
In summary, Menelaus thinks all the following are complete idiots:
Bernanke
Buffet
Jobs
Zuckerberg

It seems to me that Polybot, Whippet and Mr Ben should thus be pleased to think they are being classed in great company, and stop protesting when Menelaus piles into them with personal abuse.
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 9:30 AM BST
your  "math" melly exposes your for the retard you are.

no  doubt when facebook hits 100$ you  will claim its ' for the wrong reasons"

what was the revenue for google when it listed? Did it stay the same?

You retard.

your posts are so bizzarre they are no longer worth reading except  for entertainment.

you have demonstrated over and over how incredibly  simplistic you are.

your analysis of FB is high school standard.

your gold graph extraoplation if maybe  primary school .

I have no doubt you are the dumbest person in the history of financial forums.

facebook will hit 100$ no problems.For the same reasons AAPL and google went from strength to strength.

something a retard simpleton like you melly will never understand or accept.
Report polybot May 18, 2012 12:16 PM BST
no strong opinion on facebook but i love the image of melly watching CNBC, apeing some of the pundits on it, then calling them apes.
i can almost picture him ranting at the tv screen Angry
Report Burton-Brewers May 18, 2012 12:31 PM BST
I wish I had your confidence MrBen
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 1:00 PM BST
Lot's of insults hurled my way BUT NOT A MORSEL of analysis to refute my post.

I have no idea why benny the clown is going through his usual histrionics again, owing FB is out of the question for him. You can't do that with a $5,000 trading account that you keep replenishing every few months.
Report FINE AS FROG HAIR May 18, 2012 1:45 PM BST
If pure maths drove the markets then your analysis might well turn out to be correct.
If only everything market driven could be recuced to maths.
Wouldn't that just be lovely for us all, who can do compound interest calculations.
Alas not to be.
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 1:56 PM BST
exactly right froggy.

melly has a one dimensional a+b+c= d  view of the world.

his miniscule brain cannot wrap itself around the fact their are other possibilities.

if the financial world could be fit into this simple type view everyone could get rich from  it in a short time.

reality is, mellys view make you buy gold at 1680LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report FINE AS FROG HAIR May 18, 2012 2:08 PM BST
It's worse than that Mr Ben.
He cannot seem to accept or admit that he is not the only person in the universe capable of anaytical thought.
His view is the only view and is irrefutable.
A very, very dangerous mindset in the investment world.
Brings to mind the old saying  that arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand.
Menelaus is not stupid. Far from it. He would not be such a worry if he was. He is worse than that. He is willfully deluded and thinks his views are unchallengeable.
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 2:17 PM BST
FSFH, I haven't got the faintest idea what you posted nor do I give a flying feck but you should know THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN A VILLAGE IDIOT IS THOSE FOOLS LISTENING TO HIM IN THE TOWN SQUARE.
Report polybot May 18, 2012 2:19 PM BST
"Menelaus is not stupid. Far from it."

no, he's definitely stupid.
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 2:24 PM BST
Listen polyahole, I have better things to do with my time than watch you drool with envy and you throw your heels at me every day on here.

You were born stupid. Unfortunately I regret to inform you that you'll die that way.

The only thing you can do at this point, but I doubt you can, is try and work in not being such an ahole.  You may find a woman to take you in that way and not be as much of a burden to your mom.
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 2:24 PM BST
7 minutes to  the listing.

Go facebook 
Go facebook 
Go facebook
Go facebook
Go facebook
Go facebook
Go facebook

LoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLove
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 2:26 PM BST
" willfully   deluded"LoveLoveLoveLoveLove

I'm going to start using that one.Silly
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 2:28 PM BST
melly- you are  most definitly stupid

you have made 1911 posts.

I would say maybe 11 made some kind of sense , the  other 1900   were all  STUPID!Devil
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 2:30 PM BST
Spoken with the true intellect of a five year old child. I didn't realize the markets were a kids playground, or a three ring circus......but what do you expect from a clown.

The stock will pop. There are idiots like benny the clown a plenty who can't do basic arithmetic. Wait a couple of weeks and then short the feck out of it. Simple.
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 2:33 PM BST
Are you buying FB with    the cash you made from ebay selling your florboards melly?ExcitedExcitedExcited
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 2:41 PM BST
the smile on zuckerberg's face will be as big as the frown on mellysWhoops

Go facebook
Go facebook
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 2:43 PM BST
Take your pills you lunatic, your fits have totally taken over the forum today.
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 2:44 PM BST
and you wonder why we insult you twathead
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 2:44 PM BST
Has it popped to $100 yet????

LaughLaughLaugh
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 2:45 PM BST
anyway I hap a nap earlier on so I can trade the AUD into the early dow session.

so buckle in mutherfukker
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 2:46 PM BST
i realise you dont comprehend  well melly- try to follow- it goes to 100+, but not today

plz try to follow and maybe have a dictionary handy
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 2:47 PM BST
Good idea a nap, we need to stop laughing. Regrettably  you'll wake up just as stupid.
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 2:48 PM BST
hows the bps going?

Go facebook
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 2:52 PM BST
What, can't fall asleep?

Your meds keeping you up?

Trying taking off the clown outfit before going to bed, it might help.
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 2:54 PM BST
how can I have a clowns outfit when it is permanently welded to your back?

btw- when is this FB trading. midnight  and I have to go home from the ball.SillySillySilly
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 2:56 PM BST
Remind me again, what time is it where you live?

I own you so much, you can't even log-off and get some sleep.

Pathetic if you are asking me. Cry
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 3:00 PM BST
what does "I own you so much " mean?

plz explain.

oh and put some more wood into the 44 gallon drum as well
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 3:02 PM BST
Go to sleep you lunatic.

You belong in a straight jacket.........that's what it means.
Report Mrben May 18, 2012 3:08 PM BST
dow up 5 bps

gold up 18 bps

facebook- unchanged
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 4:40 PM BST
Based on the action I see when it *finally* started trading, it won't take two weeks to start shorting this dog.

Like Bill Gross tweeted today, I know a bubble when I see one.
Report polybot May 18, 2012 4:52 PM BST
"The "investors" retards will pile in and the price will pop. It's the last chance for the TBTFs to generate optimism and pump the market which is on the verge of turning over, so expect ferocious pumping. Then wait a few weeks and short the living daylights out of this dog. "

when's it going to pop melly? still shorting in a few weeks?
dufus.
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 5:08 PM BST
It popped to $45, 200K traded at that level first print.

How you gone total retard, are you also trading with yahoo charts like benny the clown?
Report polybot May 18, 2012 5:18 PM BST
so by 'few weeks' you meant few minutes? you've never shorted a stock have you?
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 5:29 PM BST
Okay, so you got caught in another stupid mistake. I'd normally be prepared to let it go if it wasn't for the massive ahole you really are.

A pop to $45 apparently doesn't qualify as a "pop" where you live. I promise one of these days I will learn the clownland language you clowns speak down there.

I'm tired of repeating myself. Read what I posted earlier and internalize it. Unless you are an idiot of the scale of benny the clown, that should be your clue to FO.

Menelaus 18 May 12 14:24 
Listen polyahole, I have better things to do with my time than watch you drool with envy and you throw your heels at me every day on here.

You were born stupid. Unfortunately I regret to inform you that you'll die that way.

The only thing you can do at this point, but I doubt you can, is try and work in not being such an ahole.  You may find a woman to take you in that way and not be as much of a burden to your mom.
Report Whippet May 18, 2012 6:11 PM BST
closed out the small short I put in on the grey market. only made a bit of beer money as the margin requirements were a bit stupid. Going to see what happens in the next week or two then put a proper short on this dog. car crash waiting to happen imo. will be trading for a few cents in a couple of years.
Report Menelaus May 18, 2012 9:04 PM BST
If you can do basic arithmetic, it was a dog.

If you are brain dead, you shout "Go Facebook" a few dozen times.

The posts are still up, draw your own conclusions.

P.S. It took UNLIMITED bids at $38 by the underwritters to keep this dog from being a complete catastrophe today. It won't matter in the long run, the market ALWAYS wins.
Report bongo May 20, 2012 4:41 PM BST
Just want to put in a thank you to Menelaus
Good analysis, and will follow the advice given.
Cannot see any way for fb to grow their revenues - schools/universities/businesses are not going to be shoving additional income their way over and above what they already have. And not a trusted brand either - too many people lost their jobs already because of disclosing private activities on fb, no-one ever lost their job for googling 'my workplace sucks' from their home computer.
Report Menelaus May 20, 2012 6:57 PM BST
ty

Glad to see some posters were able to read my posts buried under an avalanche of "Go facebook" brain dead nonsense.
Report polybot May 20, 2012 9:27 PM BST
"The "investors" retards will pile in and the price will pop. It's the last chance for the TBTFs to generate optimism and pump the market which is on the verge of turning over, so expect ferocious pumping. Then wait a few weeks and short the living daylights out of this dog. "

Completely wrong melly. it was a complete flop, no "investors" piled in, there was no pop, it was barely propped up by MS. No furious pumping giving you WEEKS to short it.
I'll revisit in a few weeks to find out your "short" price.
Report polybot May 20, 2012 9:33 PM BST
"It popped to $45, 200K traded at that level first print."
Laugh
idiot
Report Menelaus May 20, 2012 9:37 PM BST
I don't think you've been able to INTERNALIZE this yet.

Work on it.

Menelaus 18 May 12 14:24 

Report polybot May 20, 2012 9:39 PM BST
WOW!! 200K!!
Laugh
idiot
Report Menelaus May 20, 2012 9:50 PM BST
INTERNALIZE
Report STEPTOES YARD May 21, 2012 3:08 PM BST
down down deeper down

$33 now
Report unitedbiscuits May 21, 2012 9:57 PM BST
Well done Whippet, good call. Menelaus seems to have the analysis right but the timing wrong.
Report FINE AS FROG HAIR May 21, 2012 10:57 PM BST
Well there sure are a lot of long term investors on here I see.
Report Mrben May 22, 2012 1:22 AM BST
nice call whippet. You nailed it!!!Love
Report Menelaus May 22, 2012 7:19 PM BST
Now, wait a damn second.

The only reason I didn't get the timing right (the pop I expected came at $45 but it wasn't sustained) is because I had no way of knowing that the lead underwriters (MS, JPM & GS) changed earnings estimates virtually hours before the shares floated AND SHARED THAT INFORMATION ONLY WITH SELECT CLIENTS (how this is not a securities laws violation is another story). The wind behind sustaining a pop was turned off before it even started.....in secret. Unfortunately I'm not one of those clients.

Besides, those who trade more than just bubble gum wrappers on igindex know that you couldn't short anyways even if you wanted to. No shares to borrow anywhere to be found and no options trading.

Look at the bright side, I hope the analysis posted helped some poor mug avoid getting sucked in, expecting FB to go to $100, and making a complete fool of himself……..oh, wait…...

Mrben     18 May 12 14:24 

Go facebook 
Go facebook 
Go facebook
Go facebook
Go facebook
Go facebook
Go facebook

P.S. Those Canadian proxy IPs work like a charm, don't they?
Report Mrben May 22, 2012 11:16 PM BST
I got facebook wrong.Cry

get over it melly.
Report Menelaus May 22, 2012 11:59 PM BST
Not to worry, at least you *nailed* the AUD to 1.10 and EUR to 1.40 call.........oh wait........
Report Mrben May 23, 2012 1:00 AM BST
IMAHOLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

I thought you said your in NYC for a week?ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

but your still sitting on this forum waiting for me to post?

the message here is this melly- listen up.

no matter where you are in the world, i am in your head.I believe this means-I own you.CrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazy
Report polybot May 23, 2012 4:41 AM BST
Laugh so comical!
melly cooks up an imaginary "trip to NY" in an attempt to sit out his failed facebook call in the hope it will blow over, and presumably on his return aftertime that he played the first FB week perfectly but couldn't post about it cos he was "in NY".
but just one day in he just resist, so cooks up another story about setting up a proxy. Laugh
from his hotel room? Laugh
not much going on in NY by the sounds Laugh
Report polybot May 23, 2012 4:45 AM BST
*just can't resist
"Must...not...post. Must..resist...temptation. Must...look...away...from...computer...
Report Mrben May 23, 2012 5:02 AM BST
IMAHO polybot!!!!!

melly travels to one of the most exciting cities on the planet , and does what?????

sit by the laptop and waits for me to postLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

yah,  no doubt he will say he was " snowed in"  could'nt get out of his room at the Ritz

fkknn pretender.
Report Whippet May 23, 2012 6:49 PM BST
hahaha, you couldn't make this up.

I knew he was obsessed by the fact that first thing in the morning when he wakes up, at lunch, and when he gets home, he can't resist coming on this forum to post. I didn't think he was that obsessed that he would set up a proxy to post from his hotel room in new york though. He needs serious help.  LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report J2BLUE. May 23, 2012 10:56 PM BST
Well done Whippet
Report Mrben May 24, 2012 4:41 AM BST
this one takes the cake- his  best yet

Menelaus
24 May 12 03:14
| Topic/replies: 1,951 | Blogger: Menelaus's blog
The chaps I'm with are from Beaupost (Klarman is a good client of ours) They want to buy you a drink for your facebook call, it helped them unload a lot of cr@p they were holding......if I can ever get them to stop laughing.

melly is at dinner at per se- a 50$ minimum a plate restaurant.Whats he doing? Posting on the betfair forumCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughTongue OutTongue OutTongue OutTongue OutTongue OutCry

I mean fk me- is the company THAT boring that you need to be on the forum?

Also melly I  like to know- did you drive the porsche there? Or was the "gas" too expensive?Silly

apparently  you have gotton over your recent concerns about the cost of putting a meal on the family tableConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

you insecure  little twerpCrazy
Report Menelaus May 24, 2012 3:51 PM BST
It speaks volumes that this mug thinks that eating at a $50 a plate restaurant is expensive. I thought it would be the norm for someone who claims to have made "millions trading" these markets, not to mention making "10 years wages" virtually overnight.

I'll say it again. It's NOT what people post on here that's often the tell, it's what they don't.
Report Whippet May 24, 2012 9:28 PM BST
melly got my thread pulled - speaks volumes.

he doesn't like it up him. LaughLaugh
Report maas May 29, 2012 8:20 PM BST
Heading for another hefty loss again today. When do we buy!
Report Menelaus May 30, 2012 1:29 PM BST
maas     29 May 12 20:20 
Heading for another hefty loss again today. When do we buy!

I don't think you've been paying attention. The best time to buy was 7 minutes to the listing because "facebook  will hit 100$ no problems" and "facebook is a buy buy buy for investors". Where have you been FFS?

Mrben     18 May 12 14:24 

Go facebook 
Go facebook 
Go facebook
Go facebook
Go facebook
Go facebook
Go facebook

Mrben     18 May 12 09:30 
……………….
facebook will hit 100$ no problems.

Mrben     17 May 12 22:16 
……………..
facebook is a buy buy buy for investors.
Report Mrben May 30, 2012 1:33 PM BST
use that quote for the next 12 months walter melly.

you've got nothing else to hang onto.Whoops
Report Mrben May 30, 2012 2:12 PM BST
btw- a big congrats to whippet who predicted facebook was

worthless BEFORE  it listed.LoveLoveLove

great call.
Report Menelaus May 30, 2012 3:25 PM BST
Eeternaloptimist

I hope you're paying attention and learning.

Here's what the last two posts *really* said.

He's angry and frustrated. He engaged in a short few minutes even though it was late in the evening where he lives. He reacts impulsively without thinking nor trying to disguise his tactics. That makes him easy prey. He is wounded and seeks revenge. He is easy to provoke and manipulate. He wishes he never made that horrid call but since he can't retract it, he tries to demean its importance. He tries to be evasive and attempts to direct attention someplace else. He is frustrated and angry that he is failing to do so.

The second post is just more of the same, more attempt at evasive action trying to pull attention away from his horrid call and an attempt to change the focus by mentioning another poster's good call.

Let me summarize. He is stupid and allows himself to be lead around by the nose like a circus bear - more like a monkey but I think you get the point. His massive ignorance makes it all so easy.

You're not stupid, nor ignorant, don't fall in the same trap.
Report Mrben May 30, 2012 10:38 PM BST
the problem for you melly is- I did'nt buy facebook, but you BOUGHT  GOLDCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazy
Report Menelaus May 30, 2012 11:59 PM BST
Mrben 30 May 12 13:33 
use that quote for the next 12 months walter melly.

Nooooo benny the clown, only until you lay your next turd in the middle of the floor and try to pass it off as foie gras again.

Which is very soon I suspect..Cry
Report Mrben May 31, 2012 1:22 AM BST
your so pathetic walter.

wheres your pic of the bull and you in wall st?

pretender.Cry
Report FINE AS FROG HAIR May 31, 2012 9:42 AM BST
When discussing with Menelaus, should we change the name of the stock to " In your facebook " ?
Report Gin May 31, 2012 11:06 AM BST
Surely when talking on Betfair forums it should be "shoot him in the face..........book"Cool
Report Menelaus June 1, 2012 11:18 PM BST
Wow, watch those "buy buy buy investors" pile in. Laugh
Report Mrben June 4, 2012 2:49 PM BST
ummm umm - aftertiming.
Report Menelaus June 5, 2012 9:32 PM BST
Dear polyahole

I need your advice urgently.

I'm starting to think I made a mistake. I mortgaged the dilapidated trailer home I'm presently leaving in, sold my '75 Honda Civic, and pawned my most prized possession, my collection of comic books, to raise money to buy facebook at $38. I thought  "hitting $100 without a doubt" was the easiest and surest way to make money, even easier than "buy apple". Now the bank is calling and I have no idea what to tell them. Should I ask for extra hours at MacDonalds?

Thank you in advance for your wise and sophisticated response, especially if you manage to keep everything under a single line again and hopefully fewer than three posts.

LoveLoveLoveLove

benny
Report polybot June 6, 2012 11:37 AM BST
First of all, calm down and try to relax. You're having another one of your episodes.
Your name isn't Benny, or Menelaus, you're not really the king of the Spartans, you don't own any kind of a home or car, there's no way you could raise money to buy facebook, or any other company, and you never have in the past. The bank isn't calling you, it's just your imagination so relax and take it easy, and you don't have a job at McDonalds, or any kind of a job so don't worry about that either.
You'll feel much better after a lie down.
Report Menelaus July 26, 2012 7:17 AM BST
Trading 27ish after hours

When do we hit $100 benny the clown, later on today, end of the week, certainly no later the end of the month?

The fire hydrant at the end of the cul de sac where I live knew enough not to touch Facebook. This mug didn't............LMFAO.
Report Menelaus July 26, 2012 9:05 PM BST
$26ish

Do we hit $25 before $100 benny the clown? You never mentioned that part.

Wink
Report Whippet July 26, 2012 10:22 PM BST
is it time to short AMZN yet?

I really don't understand how this keeps going up. It has some ridiculous PE and only made $7m this quarter, yet is somehow valued at $100bn? Can't be long before the inevitable collapse imo.
Report Menelaus July 27, 2012 9:21 AM BST
You still don't get it my little friend on his knees and an esteemed member of the halfwit cartel.

The market is broken. It is now nothing more than a covert (sometimes blatantly overt) manipulated bank recapitalization scheme orchestrated by the CBs.

Assets are no longer priced based on cash-flow and earnings. Valuations based on economic fundamentals are no longer valid. Accounting rules have been changed to hide insolvency. In other words, the world you are used to trade your bubble gum wrappers in has changed while you were asleep.

When the CBs are handing out free money to their cartel members to buy equities, who gives a flying feck if a company (like Amazon) is even making money with a 260 plus P/E. And what a better chance to squeeze some profits from retail investors, hedge funds, wealth funds and pension funds who are naive enough to still look at P/E ratios and take the other side (short) of the trade in a dog of a company. Free money for the banks means free profit for the banks. And in case the risk backfires, who cares, there's more fiat created out of thin air ready to bail them out......at your expense.

Yes, while I have no doubt gravity always asserts itself in the end, it's your definition of "inevitable" that can lead you to the poor house…………..but on the other hand I highly suspect you are already there.

So instead of wasting your time trying to time going short amazon, just buy a solid company like facebook and wait. Haven't you heard, it's going to $100. Devil
Report Mrben July 28, 2012 3:44 AM BST
this has been a tremendous call by whippet.He stated that FB would be virtually worthless and was a great short.

fantastically accurate.
Report RioGrande July 29, 2012 9:17 PM BST
get out now!!!! end is near
Report xmoneyx July 30, 2012 2:53 PM BST
BONO save facebook record being recorded as i type
Report Menelaus July 31, 2012 8:26 PM BST
Get in while there's time. Going to $100 soon, may be even tomorrow.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Menelaus August 31, 2012 3:08 PM BST
If you're not buying at the $18 handle, you're missing a great opportunity. I've read somewhere that it's going to $100.

Or, you may want to wait until it hits the $17 handle, then the $16...

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

go facebook go
Report bongo February 5, 2014 9:27 PM GMT
Some great speculation on this thread - much of which has come up spectacularly wrong. I don't feel so bad now.
Today: Facebook: 61.51
Report Menelaus February 6, 2014 9:50 AM GMT
bongo 20 May 12 16:41 
Just want to put in a thank you to Menelaus
Good analysis, and will follow the advice given.

You are welcome, bongo.

You should be happy then if you followed my advice. Shorting close to the IPO price ($27 actually) and closing the trade at around $20 like I did must have made you some money, yes?

You should also thank me for not buying and holding on to this dog, and then having to sit there and watch your money do nothing for an entire 14 months before your investment was finally in the green, when you could simply have bought the broad indices (anyone actually, it doesn't matter, that's what money printing does, it lifts all asset prices) and made a sh1tpile of money during the same period. Which of course you could use to short the overpriced FB right about now again.

You owe me, mate.Wink
Report Horts July 10, 2014 11:41 AM BST
another 12 months and 100 +
or back to 25 ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com