Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
07 Aug 21 13:57
| Topic/replies: 40,821 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
NOT GOOD ,country will be full of Isis and the like within a Decade ,Let the JIHAD commence Sad
Show More
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 4:55 PM BST
Taliban: c.

US estimate:
75,000[50]

UN report:
55,000–85,000 fighters[51]

15,000 support facilitators and non-combatants[51]

Other estimates:

85,000[52]–200,000[53][54]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Taliban_offensive
Report dustybin September 1, 2021 4:55 PM BST
When you cant trust either your leader or the person stood beside you then you have no chance.
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 4:56 PM BST
ANSF: c.
Official figure as per US and Afghan government:
300,000[55]–354,000[56][53][50](officially; including police officers,[57] and many ghost soldiers)

Other estimates:

150,000–200,000 combat-oriented troops, including an unknown number of junior and ghost soldiers.[57]
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 4:56 PM BST
actual numbers were likely much closer

no way was it 5 to 1
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 4:59 PM BST
corruption and ghost soldiers were problems in South Vietnam too

didn't stop the ARVN (with US air support) defeating the NVA in 1972
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 5:01 PM BST
the ARVN all surrendered in 1975 too

it wasn't because they liked the communists or were cowards

it was because they knew the game was up
Report dustybin September 1, 2021 5:05 PM BST
Im sorry but for me Ghani was a coward
He said he did one to save bloodshed
Well what about all the bloodshed of civilians that were acceptable when it wasnt his
Report dustybin September 1, 2021 5:19 PM BST
BTW saying religion wasnt a problem....
How many scientists kill each other because they took exception with a paper they wrote?
Report Whisperingdeath September 1, 2021 5:23 PM BST
like Copernicus?

Darwin?

No pressure on them!
Report saddo September 1, 2021 5:23 PM BST
If only we cared about our own country as much as we do this one.
Report moisok September 1, 2021 6:26 PM BST
they are coming here
Report xmoneyx September 1, 2021 6:40 PM BST
Just had a harrowing phone call with Afghan translator in Kabul.  Described Taliban going door to door calling people out of their homes and executing them in the street
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 7:10 PM BST
people aren't killing each other in Afghanistan over religion
Report dustybin September 1, 2021 7:19 PM BST
Except those who interpret sharia law differently to those who dont abide by it.
Remember, this theocracy has been a coupe, they are not a legitimate government.
Report dustybin September 1, 2021 7:22 PM BST
We should invade Devil
Report potlis September 2, 2021 8:09 AM BST
The “ what was it all for” question will be even more difficult for the politicians if in a few years Afghanistan, under Taliban rule, isn’t the disaster the media seem to be hoping for.
Report moisok September 2, 2021 8:24 AM BST
From my favourite paper the Guardian - hysterical stuff.  Less than one hundred of 700 women journalists now working.  In an unrelated story others are throwing their jeans away!!!
Don't they realise they are much safer following Tally advice by staying at home.  Less likely to have their heads blown off by a rocket from the sky?
Report A_T September 2, 2021 8:58 AM BST
could be a Taliban-controlled Afghan government becomes a key ally of the US - the new Saudi Arabia if you like. And that might have been the sub-text to Trump's agreement which Biden saw through.
Report potlis September 2, 2021 8:59 AM BST
Personally I think the Taliban are missing a trick here, my first move would be to sell tickets to the west at say £20k a pop.

Given the “get them all out” cry from the media our Government would be forced to fund the tickets, that along with the outrage from the locals when the figure reaches 500 thousand arrivals would see the politicians pleading with the Taliban to stop, along with an offer/bribe of £Billions in aid of course.
Report A_T September 2, 2021 9:13 AM BST
skyscanner shows scheduled flights from Dubai and Qatar to Kabul - it's tempting but is Afghanistan on the COVID red list?
Report Timber September 2, 2021 9:23 AM BST

Sep 2, 2021 -- 3:13AM, A_T wrote:

skyscanner shows scheduled flights from Dubai and Qatar to Kabul - it's tempting but is Afghanistan on the COVID red list?

I'll buy you a one way ticket

Report Timber September 2, 2021 9:25 AM BST
Lock up your children, the streets will NEVER  be safe againCry

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/312906
Report mecca September 2, 2021 10:52 AM BST
American authorities are advertising for Afghan interpreters... so that they can communicate with the tens of thousands of Afghan interpreters that have been evacuated from Afghanistan to the US..

Most of them have been taken to "swing states"... along with the new arrivals from the southern border
Report A_T September 2, 2021 11:04 AM BST
Most of them have been taken to "swing states".

good idea
Report Timber September 2, 2021 11:09 AM BST

Sep 2, 2021 -- 5:04AM, A_T wrote:

Most of them have been taken to "swing states".good idea

Donald will send them all back, along with the all the diseased criminals from south of the border

Report dustybin September 2, 2021 12:14 PM BST
It has to be shocking value, for each interpreter used a council over here needs to find a council house that fits around 8?
I don’t know the exact size of these extended families on average, but I haven’t yet seen an example of just man and wife.
Robert Generic said they were giving 5 million pounds to help…pmsl
The party that have sold off and stifled new builds for decades thinks councils getting a share of 5 million will sort it?
There will be further need for more mosques too.
Report mecca September 2, 2021 12:20 PM BST
Don't forget we need interpreters to communicate with all these "interpreters" who can't speak or understand English

Figure that one out
Report xmoneyx September 2, 2021 12:29 PM BST
How did the Taliban win a war without Trident
Report potlis September 2, 2021 4:41 PM BST
Our housing minister ( Jenrick ) seems to have been taken by surprise over the current housing situation “proving difficult to find suitable housing” Laugh

Tell it to those 10s of Thousands on council waiting list who you and your predecessors have been happily ignoring for years  Jenick.
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 10:06 PM BST
no women in new Afghan government
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 10:08 PM BST
Haqqani is interior minister

US has a 5 million reward for his arrest
Report A_T September 7, 2021 10:12 PM BST
The Trump administration released his brother from Bagram. Was a key element in the negotiations with the Taliban.
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 10:16 PM BST
does his brother have a 5 million dollar reward too?
Report SontaranStratagem September 7, 2021 10:26 PM BST
They must have hit all the sheep over the head with something, or drugged them with something

We're being told a bunch of "terrorist cavemen" are setting up a government and they've got "interior ministers" ffs

Its passed comedy at this point
Report detraveller September 8, 2021 5:49 AM BST

Sep 7, 2021 -- 4:06PM, Giuseppe wrote:

no women in new Afghan government

I was wondering why you guys had almost forgotten Afghanistan on the forum. And I thought, BCC and co must have stopped feeding you guys on the issue(usually this forum just follows the mainstream media).

The first post after 5 days talks about no women in afghan government.

Just out of curiosity, did you think it yourself, or did the BBC tell you? Because it sounds exactly like something BBC would be disappointed about.

Report A_T September 8, 2021 6:54 AM BST
does his brother have a 5 million dollar reward too?

no idea. but the reward was in place when Trump was negotiating with the Taliban (of which Haqqani was a deputy-leader) - didn't seem to bother Trump
Report saddo September 8, 2021 11:20 AM BST
detraveller is correct, I know what they've said on the BBC by reading the quotes on here. Spoon fed nonsense mostly but it must be true, its on the tv news.
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 1:44 PM BST
A_T

Trump didn't hand Afghanistan over to the Taliban

he signed a deal which was supposed to lead to peace talks with the government

it was Biden who allowed the Taliban, including the Haqqani network, to take over
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 1:44 PM BST
every faction in Afghanistan - even Hamid Karzai - recognised the Taliban needed to be part of the political process to achieve national unity
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 1:46 PM BST
your posts have no logical consistency other than Biden is always right, Trump is always wrong

was the Doha deal a good agreement or not?

if it was a bad deal, why didn't Biden break it?
Report A_T September 8, 2021 1:53 PM BST
it was Biden who allowed the Taliban, including the Haqqani network, to take over

but Trump was negotiating with the taliban when their deputy leader had a $5million reward on his head. Why didn't Trump insist he be handed over as part of the deal?
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 1:54 PM BST
you didn't answer my question
Report A_T September 8, 2021 1:55 PM BST
he signed a deal which was supposed to lead to peace talks with the government

the deal placed no such conditions on the Taliban - only that they do not kill Americans
Report A_T September 8, 2021 1:55 PM BST
where did I say Trump's deal was a bad deal?
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 1:55 PM BST
because the taliban probably would have refused
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 1:56 PM BST
so it was a good deal?
Report A_T September 8, 2021 2:01 PM BST
what I thinkof the deal is not the issue. but if you think the recent outcome for Afghanistan is a bad one then Trump and Biden both have to be blamed
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 2:05 PM BST
lol why won't you answer?
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 2:05 PM BST
another question: do you think Biden's hands were tied, and he had no option but to withdraw?
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 2:06 PM BST
it's not fair to criticise Trump

you don't know what he would have done and how he would have handled the situation over the last 8 months
Report A_T September 8, 2021 2:09 PM BST
Trump had nearly a year in office after the deal was signed - during which time his own commanders said the Taliban were breaking the deal - but he did nothing except continue to evacuate troops from Afghanistan
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 2:15 PM BST
nothing was happening during that period

the taliban captured no cities

there was no threat of a taliban takeover
Report A_T September 8, 2021 2:21 PM BST
the Taliban resumed attacking government forces one week after the deal was signed - Trump just continued to pull out the troops
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 2:22 PM BST
because the taliban weren't making any progress
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 2:23 PM BST
"the Taliban resumed attacking government forces"

they'd be doing that for 20 years

the taliban were never going to win as long as there were some US forces and airpower involved
Report A_T September 8, 2021 2:48 PM BST
the taliban were never going to win as long as there were some US forces and airpower involved

that would mean the US staying in Afghanistan which was prohibited by Trump's deal. If you believe that was a desirable outcome then you have to think Trump's deal was a bad one.
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 2:52 PM BST
but you just said the taliban were breaking the deal

other high ranking officials have said the same

so a pretext could have been found to keep the troops

or he could simply have broken the deal

there were options on the tabel

Biden chose not to use them
Report A_T September 8, 2021 2:56 PM BST
but you just said the taliban were breaking the deal

no I didn't. I said Trump's commanders were saying that. so if this was the belief why couldn't a "pretext could have been found to keep the troops"? Trump just kept pulling them out.
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 3:00 PM BST
he didn't need a pretext

there were still troops there, enough to keep the taliban at bay

the deadline wasn't until the middle of the following year
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 3:00 PM BST
there is no comparison between the situation in late 2020 and the situation this summer
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 3:01 PM BST
TRump did not reduce troop numbers to zero and withdrawing air support, exposing the Afghan army

Biden did that
Report A_T September 8, 2021 3:04 PM BST
TRump did not reduce troop numbers to zero and withdrawing air support, exposing the Afghan army

that was the deal Trump made - to do just that. If his commanders were saying in 2020 that the Taliban were breaking the deal why did he continue to pull the troops out?
Report casemoney September 8, 2021 4:22 PM BST
Joe Bidei ,what a guy .
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 4:23 PM BST
because it made no difference to the srategic situation and because the taliban still had almost a year to reach a deal with the afghan government

it wasn't the time to scrap the deal

may 2021 was
Report casemoney September 9, 2021 6:51 PM BST
Flights resume  UK citizens flying out
Report potlis September 10, 2021 7:50 AM BST

BY UNHERD NEWS
Thursday, 9
September 2021
UnHerd News
Share:

Spotted14:02 Denmark is paying the UK to take their Afghan refugees
An undisclosed sum was paid to Britain to accept 23 interpreters

Denmark has paid the UK an undisclosed sum to accept 23 Afghan refugees who worked as interpreters for the Danish state for eight years.

According to a report by Swedish broadsheet Svenska Dagbladet, the interpreters were granted a residence permit in the UK after twelve of them had their visa applications to Denmark rejected and eleven wanted to travel to the UK themselves.

Even though the interpreters were technically employed by the British military, they worked for the Danes, wearing Danish uniform and received a Danish salary.

The amount — paid for in secret by the Danish state — has been calculated according to what it would cost the British to evacuate the interpreters, integrate them into society and pay social costs for five years. The payment has been confirmed by the Danish Ministry of Defence to SvD.

“I have never before, neither during my time in the UN or the EU or as a lawyer in Denmark, seen anything like this.” Poul Hauch Fenger, asylum law expert who previously worked for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, told the newspaper.

When it comes to immigration, Denmark has adopted a notably restrictionist approach since the centre-Left Social Democrat party swept to power on a pledge to reduce the number of immigrants entering the country in 2019. Arguing that it was needed to protect Denmark’s generous welfare system, it promised to focus on integrating migrants and refugees already in the country.

Over the last two years, the government has taken an increasingly hardline stance, with the passage of a controversial new law enabling Denmark to deport asylum seekers outside Europe while applications are being processed. This move was part of the government’s pledge to limit ‘non-western’ immigrants — a category codified in Danish law — in disadvantaged neighbourhoods so as to protect the Danish way of life. Earlier this year, the state revoked the residency permits of some Syrian refugees on the grounds it was now apparently safe to return to Damascus.

This goes some way to explaining the highly selective process by which Afghans have entered the country. So far only five interpreters who worked with the Danish military have been granted asylum in Denmark, out of 139 who had applied.

But it also raises a number of questions about the UK’s own immigration procedures. Why is the UK accepting eleven interpreters whose visas were rejected by Denmark? How much was the UK paid and on what basis? Given that the country is already taking in 20,000 refugees, why is it accepting more from other countries too?

The Home Office has been contacted for comment.

Report saddo September 10, 2021 9:16 AM BST
I suppose selling our country is a little better than giving it away, but they'll never stop letting em in.
Report potlis September 10, 2021 9:21 AM BST
Denmark wanted to establish an “offshore Hub” for its illegal immigrants, looks like it’s found just the place.
Report saddo September 10, 2021 9:28 AM BST
Good that the Danes are not ashamed to say enough is enough and voted people in to do something about it.
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 10:00 AM BST
Looks like you and your ilk are M.I.A saddo just like the Afghan Army

Why are you not on the beaches and the landing strips?

Never surrender?

Weak!
Report potlis September 10, 2021 11:13 AM BST
voted people in to do something about it

We thought we had.

Imagine the Danes shock at a Government delivering on a campaign pledge, not something we are likely to experience here.
Report saddo September 10, 2021 11:36 AM BST
I'm fortunate WD, I've only to move 15 miles from a Mosque and I'm in another England, many can't afford to do that. I rather suspect that most people who support unfettered immigration live 15 miles or more from a Mosque.
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 11:54 AM BST
It not very patriotic are you saddo, what if it were the Germans? Would you have fled to another country?

Why won’t you defend your country against the invasion?

Weak
Report saddo September 10, 2021 12:10 PM BST
Indeed it's a bit humiliating to have to flee within my own country in peacetime, at least I can.
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 12:21 PM BST
It seems you have much in common with these Afghans arriving on our beachesWink
Report Giuseppe September 10, 2021 3:01 PM BST
20th anniversary of 9/11 tomorrow

awkward
Report casemoney September 10, 2021 3:03 PM BST
Joe thought it was November
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 3:29 PM BST
How about you case, how come you are not fighting ‘em on the beaches and the landing strips?

Why aren’t you fighting for your country?
Report casemoney September 10, 2021 3:40 PM BST
I take the Progressive attitude WD all are welcome ,as long as not to where I live ,Works for them Grin
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 3:49 PM BST
Laugh
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 4:33 PM BST
Good answer!
Report unitedbiscuits September 10, 2021 6:12 PM BST
Did anyone miss ITV Tuesday?  9/11: Life under attack.

https://www.itv.com/hub/9-11-life-under-attack/10a1567a0001

Compelling accounts that made me revise my opinion about the campaign in Afghanistan that followed: George Bush is not on my side of politics but I am glad he ironed out Al Quaida there.
Twenty years ago, sitting in my ivory tower, the continual persecution of Palestinians and the audacity of the attack excited me. The graphic footage shown here made me ashamed of that attitude. The bravery of the firefighters was humbling and, beyond that, the human toll of the barbarous attack is heartbreaking. Spare a moment for them tomorrow.
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 7:45 PM BST
I just heard over 500,000 civilians have died in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan since 9/11

We harp on about terrorism in the West and we do not realise we and our leaders are the biggest terrorists!

Something like 635 Brits and over 7,0000 American troops have died since 9/11 and we have given the country back to The Taliban

WTFF!
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 7:48 PM BST
Less than 3,000 people died on 9/11

In single months in Syria and Iraq over 3,000 people died quite regularly.

Let’s not spend a moment of thought on them tomorrow
Report Whisperingdeath September 10, 2021 7:50 PM BST
Over 60,000 Afghan soldiers died fighting The Taliban to make us safe

Feck them too! Many on here have called them cowards!
Report unitedbiscuits September 10, 2021 7:57 PM BST
Let’s not spend a moment of thought on them tomorrow Whisperingdeath on the victims of the twin towers atrocity.

Really?
Report Giuseppe September 10, 2021 8:34 PM BST
explain to me why Syria is the west's fault?
Report casemoney September 10, 2021 10:24 PM BST
Its not neither was libya , bar the west being stupid enough to bomb the Colonels army
Report casemoney September 18, 2021 1:19 PM BST
Afghanistan: Girls excluded as Afghan secondary schools reopen
Report casemoney September 18, 2021 1:21 PM BST
Female teachers Barred as well .
Report moisok September 18, 2021 1:40 PM BST
sounds like a planDevil
Report casemoney September 18, 2021 2:05 PM BST
Plenty of work for the Stoning Crews and Rape gangs Going forward .
Report casemoney September 22, 2021 1:24 PM BST
Imran over the Border appears to think that the Afghan women are strong and will win their rights within two years ,he has also failed to condemn the Taliban Ideology .
Report casemoney September 22, 2021 1:25 PM BST
Mind you with 3 million afghans coming over the border he has enough problems of his own ..
Report casemoney September 24, 2021 2:48 PM BST
Rapists and Stone throwers now part of the UN  ,Progressives delighted to welcome the Taliban into the fold
Report winningthought September 24, 2021 2:51 PM BST
You couldn't even "bomb [cave-dwellers] back to the stone age".

Just think about that for a while.
Report casemoney September 24, 2021 2:54 PM BST
LaughFOYSCLaugh
Report casemoney September 24, 2021 2:56 PM BST
Think about that for a while Grin
Report Whisperingdeath September 24, 2021 3:10 PM BST
Yes to be fair the sandal wearers drove us out of their own country!

But we have AUKUS! We will stand up to Chinaaaa!
Report casemoney October 8, 2021 10:58 PM BST
A suicide bomb attack on a mosque in the Afghan city of Kunduz has killed at least 50 people, officials say, in the deadliest assault since US forces left. Sad
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com