Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
james20
18 May 12 13:03
| Topic/replies: 12 | Blogger: james20's blog
Hi there i was hoping someone could help me with this, I have a friend that is a US citizen that currently works in the uk for a gambling company, He holds both a UK passport and still has his US citizenship, he and his wife both work for this company but they now would like to move back to where he is from in the united states. He asked me to post on here because he is having difficulty finding out if he would have problems continueing to work for this gambling company but working in the united states? I have had a little look myself and looked into the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act which was passed in 2006 but that seems more geared towards stoping actual US customers from transfering and betting with online gambling companies. He just dosent want to upsticks and move to the US and continue to work for this company and then have the feds or something kick down the door and put him in jail.....any help, suggestions or websites any of you have would be greatly appreciated so i can pass it on to him, thank you all very much for your time.
Pause Switch to Standard View US citzen working for gambling company?
Show More
Report Java May 18, 2012 1:07 PM BST
Can't he ask the company to look into it for him?  If it's not well known then they can get legal advice.
Report sibaroni May 18, 2012 1:18 PM BST
It depends what he does.  If he supports software that supports a gambling network, he is a software technician.  But get too close, and you are in trouble.  If he is directly paid and employed by a gambling company, forget it.
Report V4 Vendetta May 18, 2012 4:54 PM BST
Ah, the land of the free.

Yes, just ask the HR bird at the company?
Report Comrade_Karla May 18, 2012 5:04 PM BST
Yes, just ask the HR bird at the company?

Stupid sexist pig.
Report V4 Vendetta May 18, 2012 5:06 PM BST
Not always, some of them are pretty cool.
Report Comrade_Karla May 18, 2012 5:08 PM BST
Just apologise and withdraw the remark. There is no point in you trying to look smart, that would be mission impossible.
Report V4 Vendetta May 18, 2012 5:09 PM BST
No, it was statistically sound.
Report The Magic Flea May 18, 2012 5:25 PM BST
Every HR person I worked with was female
Report sibaroni May 18, 2012 5:27 PM BST
Every HR person I sh*gged was female, if that helps at all.
Report The Magic Flea May 18, 2012 5:33 PM BST
did you get a raise?
Report blackburn1 May 18, 2012 6:06 PM BST
What's more every bloke I knew in HR was a poof
Report V4 Vendetta May 18, 2012 6:26 PM BST
I think you should apologise, love.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com