Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Bathmaker1
24 Sep 12 21:19
| Topic/replies: 472 | Blogger: Bathmaker1's blog
This is a cracking game and a potential NFC Championship preview. It's early days and the season is still sorting itself out but you have to be impressed with Seattle and their young rookie Quarterback Russell Wilson. In Week 1 they played it tough against the unbeaten Cardinals (that's right, I said unbeaten) and if Doug Baldwin or Braylon Edwards make a catch in the end zone they are sitting 2-0 which would also include a win over the 2-1 Cowboys who someone beat the defending Superbowl Champion Giants on the road. The coaches are managing Wilson superbly. They are not letting him lose a game. I expect a big dose of Marshawn Lynch tonight especially if the Seahawks can keep it close deep into the 4th Quarter but it's the Seahawks defence that is going to win this game for Seattle. They swarmed all over the Cowboys and the defensive backs did a good job containing the Cowboys wide receivers. However they will massively helped by the front four pressuring Romo who plays behind one of the poorest Offenisve Lines in football today (they had eight false start penalties at home this week). The Packers Quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, has better protection and this will allow him that fraction more time to find his receivers. The Packers defence is much approved this season and in Clay Matthews and AJ Hawk they have two of the best Linebackers in the games today. Matthews has 6 sacks already this season (the same amount he had all of last season). In summary, I priced the Packers up at 8/15 for this game and I think 1.65 is too big so I will be backing the Packers on the money line. I just think they have the advantage at the QB position and overall on defence.
Pause Switch to Standard View GREEN BAY @ SEATTLE
Show More
Report DRAGON DANCER September 25, 2012 5:13 AM BST
Didn't lay off as much as I should have (rookie error from a mug!) In total seeth mode right now, gonna stay up, not worth any sleep now, feel like going for a run or something. Grr that was vile!
Report Si-K September 25, 2012 5:14 AM BST

Sep 24, 2012 -- 11:12PM, themightymac wrote:

Si-K - don`t chase mate. Worst thing you can do under the circumstances. Would have been bad enough if they had got beat fairly.

Im not gonna, i dont feel angry, just shocked and dissapointed. Dont think i can kip right now though . Sad

Report racingguru September 25, 2012 5:15 AM BST
Didn't have bet on game but a friend had Sea +4, Seattle moneyline, Seattle +3 2h - he says he feels embarrassed
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 5:15 AM BST
Know how you feel Pounf. Instead of winning 440, I`ve lost 460. 40 quid left in betting bank. Sad
Report caramba September 25, 2012 5:15 AM BST
Si-K 25 Sep 12 05:09 

I bet with PP (Thankfully) and if theres a bookie that will do goodwill its PP. Still would rather have my stake and winnings .

Not sleeping for a while

then you still have hope. if this was a major football (soccer) game they would pay out (NAP). Not sure how much it's in it for them publicity wise to pay out/refund on a NFL game though.
Report Shamrock September 25, 2012 5:16 AM BST

Russel Wilson first QB in NFL history to throw a game winning INTERCEPTION!

Report Si-K September 25, 2012 5:16 AM BST
True caramba . fingers crossed.

Cant beleive the GB coach sent out his 11 players.. No way i would . only validating the result.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 25, 2012 5:16 AM BST
Build it up slowly themightymac.
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 5:17 AM BST
caramba - this will set betting on NFL backwards. If I were a bookie I would pay out as a good will gesture and I`m not just saying that because I bet them.
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:18 AM BST
seattle coach giving credit to his QB...all he did was throw it in the endzone with 9players  jumping for it
Report grayhawk September 25, 2012 5:19 AM BST
Currently watching McCarthys presser...won't talk about officials Sad would love to hear his real thoughts.
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:19 AM BST
3 days left before the next edition of the clueless zebras
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:20 AM BST
what you watching that on gray?
Report SergeantMarcel September 25, 2012 5:20 AM BST
Wilson is starting to sh1t me. He thinks he is some kind of here now
Report SergeantMarcel September 25, 2012 5:20 AM BST
hero
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 5:20 AM BST
S or A - I know you mean well mate and I appreciate your support, but how can one even contemplate placing another bet with 40 quid left when I should have 1000. I only started with 20 quid last week. Sad
Report grayhawk September 25, 2012 5:21 AM BST
ESPN...it's just finished.
Report grayhawk September 25, 2012 5:21 AM BST
Rodgers on now.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 25, 2012 5:21 AM BST
because if you go to sleep having won it feels like youre on the way again.
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 5:22 AM BST
Carroll`s a smarmy pri*k. Gruden summed it all up. Even Jerry Austin called it right.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 25, 2012 5:23 AM BST
there was a day when I lost £2500 on an NFL match, in which one team was winning 24-3 at the start of the fourth and I fell asleep, woke up and saw 24-27 on the pc screen.
Report airbag September 25, 2012 5:23 AM BST
Im still stunned. :|
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:25 AM BST
the final TD interception/catch  whatever you want to call it...that is not what has annoyed me...the push on the packers corner has annoyed me..it is the easiest offensive pass interference you can get
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 25, 2012 5:26 AM BST
plenty of twitter activity about this. People are not very happy.
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 5:27 AM BST
You must have been gutted S & A.

I remember I was waiting on a team for a small fortune. Can`t remember who they were but they were playing the Bears, were getting 4.5pts start and were 14pts in front at the 2 min warning. Chicago had to score a TD, an onside kick, another TD, then take it to OT and score another TD to beat me and they did. Cry I felt bad that day but at least they won the game fairly. Not tonight.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 25, 2012 5:27 AM BST
I did not enjoy the next day at work, thats for sure.
Report grayhawk September 25, 2012 5:27 AM BST
Did they even look at it Harry.....are they allowed to check for that?...i don't know.
Report Si-K September 25, 2012 5:29 AM BST
They cant review the push
but how they miss it is anyones guess
its laughable
Report racingguru September 25, 2012 5:29 AM BST
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/408740_436866376379440_144623075...
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:30 AM BST
No you cant look at that...has to be called as the play is happening...I dont know how they missed it though...it was where the ball was thrown to..beyond belief
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 5:30 AM BST
Can`t call that grayhawk, but after seeing the blatant shove, they should have given the benefit of the doubt to Packers and called an interception, which it definitely was.
Report VieirasaGooner September 25, 2012 5:30 AM BST
WWE Wrestling is more Legit, had 800 on GB-3.5 under 44.5 double at 4.2, should have set my money on fire i would sat least be warm
Report DaSizzler September 25, 2012 5:31 AM BST
im done with nfl until real refs are back
feel totally cheated out of my money there
even ignoring the td farce that whole drive was a joke with the roughing call on interception and pass interference call
im ****g fuming
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 5:31 AM BST
Gruden said in commentary that they hardly ever call offensive pass interference on a Hail Mary.
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:32 AM BST
with them kind of stakes I will set up a few inplay lays to keep incase of computer crash or falling asleep Grin
Report Si-K September 25, 2012 5:32 AM BST

Sep 24, 2012 -- 11:30PM, themightymac wrote:

Can`t call that grayhawk, but after seeing the blatant shove, they should have given the benefit of the doubt to Packers and called an interception, which it definitely was.

yeh this, mind numbing.

Im backing the home teams next week small stakes.. Refs cant handle home crowds. **** incompetent refs

Report themightymac September 25, 2012 5:32 AM BST
Gooner, that is absolutely terrible mate. Sad
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:33 AM BST
they dont call it so why bother even jumping for a ball,,,just push the guy out of play
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:33 AM BST
shot the last £40 on georges and hope bartoli pulls out injured 9/2
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 25, 2012 5:34 AM BST
Is everyone just on £40 now?
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? September 25, 2012 5:35 AM BST
Youd be better off with the money on Radwanska, U.
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:35 AM BST
no I am saying he should throw the last 40 on something
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:36 AM BST
I missed martic because of this game  the way the other radwanska is playing it is worth a bet on jankovic
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:38 AM BST
Just wait for the d13 seething tomorrow...he will be fast asleep not having a clue what has just happened...Laugh
Report airbag September 25, 2012 5:40 AM BST
Maybe these refs like a bet too
Report HARRY22 September 25, 2012 5:41 AM BST
packers will bounce back and win the north still...next 2 games looks like a walk in the park..saints and @colts
Report Si-K September 25, 2012 5:42 AM BST
im off to cool down, gnyt guys cya 2moro
Report grayhawk September 25, 2012 5:42 AM BST
Russell Wilson...the first quarterback in NFL history to throw a game winning interception Grin
Report racingguru September 25, 2012 5:43 AM BST
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/581375_500825963263823_582626785...
Report grayhawk September 25, 2012 5:45 AM BST
I'm gonna try and get a couple of hours sleep...

Normally i would say well done to all Seattle backers but can't bring myself to say it this time. Sad
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 5:45 AM BST
Goodnight Si-K. Don`t have nightmares. I know I will. Sad
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 5:46 AM BST
Cheers grayhawk.
Report DRAGON DANCER September 25, 2012 5:48 AM BST
Have to be up at 7:30am, so no sleep for me, gonna be a long sh1te day. Threw away 150 quid profit by not laying off enough when I had the chance. Goodnight lads...
Report DRAGON DANCER September 25, 2012 5:51 AM BST
Breaking News ESPN to be fined by FCC for showing 53 guys getting **** on TV before Midnight
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 5:51 AM BST
Goodnight dragon
Report DRAGON DANCER September 25, 2012 5:51 AM BST
f*cked
Report DRAGON DANCER September 25, 2012 5:52 AM BST
gn mac gl
Report Swardean September 25, 2012 8:14 AM BST
Breathless game, I watched without the computer and have just read back the comments on here.  Something does need to done about the refs and there were bullsh1t calls both ways, obviously the one that is going to be highlighted is the last play but you cant forget what went before.

Personally Packers lost this in the first half, dont think they had one play in the seattle half.  Seahawks offence looked poor but they have a rookie playing and not aaron rodgers.  Summary a fair win for Seattle and it looks like for a change we have a good competitive NFC West.  As for the packers, they will still come good but with Chicago and Vikings looking better than previous years its another tight division.
Report d13phe September 25, 2012 10:01 AM BST
absolute disgrace again

These refs are causing my wallet much harm
Report d13phe September 25, 2012 10:13 AM BST
Penalties (Number-Yards)    10 - 127        Penalties (Number-Yards)    14 - 118

is that some kind of record?

Talk about dictating a game!!
Report noland2_ September 25, 2012 10:30 AM BST
I could stop a train Sad anyone tell me how low the price went on GB??
Report CJ September 25, 2012 1:08 PM BST
Just watched the game in entirety, i must say those officials were bordering on corrupt.

How can the review guy come to the conclusion that that was caught fairly (the push was sooo blatent) and not intercepted, absolutely beggars belief.

Seattles previous drive was kept alive by numerous joke calls, the pass interference, the roughing the passer etc, and then to end the game like that makes a mockery of TV reviews.
Report dr . atkins September 25, 2012 1:25 PM BST
the nfl have to sought this out never seen anything like it in 30yrs of american football
Report GoBallistic September 25, 2012 1:27 PM BST
The review of the final play was just about the only correct call on the final drive (due to the limits of replay review). The push was irrelevant as far as replay goes. To overturn the catch there would need to be clear evidence that the defender caught the ball and controlled it all the way to the ground or that the ball touched the ground - but there was neither
Report sweetchildofmine September 25, 2012 1:39 PM BST
any video reviewer at the end worth his salt and an ounce of common sense would have seen the push and overturned it...yes i know u cant refer on that decision but nobody knows his mind he could still have given the benefit based on the evidence..its a bit like when a judge tells a jury to ignore a murderers previous convictions...do you think once in the room they do ignore it?
Report grayhawk September 25, 2012 1:49 PM BST
Sweet.... these refs are so incompetent i bet he even missed the interference  when reviewing the replay Laugh

Gotta feel sorry for the division3 college kids who have to ENDURE this officiating every game.
Report DRAGON DANCER September 25, 2012 1:51 PM BST
Why didnt the 3 GB guys just try to bat ball away over the sideline, surely easier than a catch?

Cry
Report grayhawk September 25, 2012 2:22 PM BST
Yeah a lot of people have said that but it can still be caught off a bat down.......witness Titus Young doing the exact thing for the Lions on Sunday night.
Report chipfire227 September 25, 2012 2:44 PM BST
Thats me done with NFL until this gets sorted out, feel like I got mugged. Wasn't just the appalling calls on the last few drives, the whole thing has now become a complete lottery.
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 3:22 PM BST
swardean
"Summary a fair win for Seattle"

If you think that was a "fair" win then you are the only person on the planet that does. I`ll give you the benefit of the doubt and put it down to your poor choice of vocabulary. "Deserved" would have been a better word to use, although even then I would strongly disagree. Devil
Report CJ September 25, 2012 3:42 PM BST
GoBallistic, are you serious? Not enough video evidence????

The ball was clearly caught by Jennings, and he had control against his chest. It does not have to hit the floor, it's all about who had control first in a joint situation so clearly not a joint catch. How do we know this, because it was shown on video.
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 4:01 PM BST
correct CJ, Jerry Austin the Super Bowl referee said exactly the same thing last night during controversy.
Report DRAGON DANCER September 25, 2012 4:08 PM BST
It's just incredible how all those decisions went against GB at the end. They were all so very wrong, none of them that close to being the correct call, not even easy to make a case for any of the 3 mistakes to be the call that was made, shocking stuff. NFL have to sort it out. Can you imagine the Premier League getting refs from u-18 games to ref all their games?!
Report I win every time! September 25, 2012 6:07 PM BST
GoBallistic - quite right. According to the rules of the game the final call was correct not to be over turned.
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 6:17 PM BST
GO BALLISTIC - "The review of the final play was just about the only correct call on the final drive (due to the limits of replay review). The push was irrelevant as far as replay goes. To overturn the catch there would need to be clear evidence that the defender caught the ball and controlled it all the way to the ground or that the ball touched the ground - but there was neither"

Was there not? Bollocks Whoops

http://i.imgur.com/hOrH7.jpg
Report DRAGON DANCER September 25, 2012 6:37 PM BST
NFL: "The NFL officiating department reviewed the video today and supports the the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling."

NFL: "The result of the game is final"

In Monday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks, Seattle faced a 4th-and-10 from the Green Bay 24 with eight seconds remaining in the game.

Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson threw a pass into the end zone. Several players, including Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate and Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, jumped into the air in an attempt to catch the ball.

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final.

Applicable rules to the play are as follows:

A player (or players) jumping in the air has not legally gained possession of the ball until he satisfies the elements of a catch listed here.

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3 of the NFL Rule Book defines a catch:

A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(B) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

© maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (B) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).

When a player (or players) is going to the ground in the attempt to catch a pass, Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1 states:

Player Going to the Ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 5 states:

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.
Report Sudoku_Junior September 25, 2012 6:39 PM BST
Problem with these refs is that if the identical play was played at lambeau, green bay would have got the call. Far too much home bias imo.

Noticed some american sportsbooks have refunded losing packers bets.
Report themightymac September 25, 2012 7:07 PM BST
UK bookies should do the same but won`t.
Report Swardean September 25, 2012 7:22 PM BST
themightymac, I have just read my post and the use of 'fair' was definitely inappropriate in the context of this game.

I meant on the overall balance of play they just about edged it for me and their didnt really look any other winner until towards of the end of the 3rd quarter.

Interesting read from the NFL, and suppose once the tate push off is missed, there was not much they could do.
Report DRAGON DANCER September 25, 2012 7:23 PM BST
P-power refunded... fair play to them, commendable gesture.

365 I done my bet with, no chance from them... withdrawing my money from there now in anger they won't refund that robbery Laugh Yes I know paying out on the result is what they do, but last night were exceptional circumstances imo... amateur refs fcking it up so epicly it's beyond belief. That's the risk we take though...
Report grayhawk September 25, 2012 7:31 PM BST
I backed the Packers on here.....i'm currently in heated negotiations with a number of unidentified posters about the refunding of last nights losses Silly
Report Sudoku_Junior September 25, 2012 7:43 PM BST
I backed the packers and somehow managed to lay off my stake before the final play! I wasn't very amused when i saw my green bay green go to the bin!
Report chipfire227 September 25, 2012 7:58 PM BST
I also backed with 365, and withdrew remaining funds in the account today as wont be having another bet in forseeable future. The defensive pass inteference call on first and 38 was an even worse decision. Especially as the live commentary team called that one as it should have been in live play too.
Report grayhawk September 25, 2012 8:02 PM BST
What about the roughing the passer call when Wilson had been intercepted Angry
Report chipfire227 September 25, 2012 8:39 PM BST
Or the one where they correctly over ruled the Touchdown, but then gave a hideous spot on the one and a quarter line, about a foot away from a first down.

I could go on all night about it but whats the point. It didnt cost me mega bucks but it's the principle-how can you have a bet when so many farcical calls are made in key situations ?
Report Sudoku_Junior September 25, 2012 9:08 PM BST
Think its time to have fun with a few little accas only, until this is sorted.
Report CJ September 25, 2012 9:44 PM BST
The only upside out of this mess is that the Pack have drifted again for the SB and i've gone in again too top up.

That young defence full of rookies is going to just get better and better, and if there O line can play like they did in the 2nd half then GB are a great bet again to go all the way.

Rodgers and Co will surely get back into the groove and start racking up 30 points a game soon, Benson is gradually looking at home and Starks is due back soon to take the onus off Rodgers a little.

Seattle are a tough team at home, and in the 2nd half GB totally dominated them, that was very reassuring to watch after last years issues.
Report Swardean September 25, 2012 10:29 PM BST
Agree CJ, GB offence really picked up against a great seahawks D, will still be right in the mix.  However you can say that about a few teams
Report HARRY22 September 26, 2012 6:53 AM BST
Packers D seems to have got better each week since the 49ers defeat...Keep pushing the packers price out please Cool..clay matthews is a man on a mission at the moment...imagine how fired up this team will be next week.
Report d13phe September 26, 2012 1:02 PM BST
Having seen the Pete Caroll interview I used to like Pete Caroll.

That has all gone out of the window.  what a numpty!
Report HARRY22 September 26, 2012 1:20 PM BST
The pats secondary only gave up one bad play and they lost,,,they never got what they deserved.

agree on pete caroll....giving credit to his QB for throwing a ball as high and far as he could Laugh saying it was clutch
Report grayhawk September 26, 2012 1:26 PM BST
Would love to see Carrolls reaction if Seattle lose the game this weekend on a referees decision.....see how the man reacts when the boots on the other foot.
Report db1974 September 26, 2012 1:26 PM BST
Didn't Pete Carroll have a run-in with John Harbaugh in college a while back? Something to do with running up the score I think. Gonna have a look for it on Youtube.
Report HARRY22 September 26, 2012 1:27 PM BST
This has to be the longest lasting inplay match thread Cool
Report db1974 September 26, 2012 1:27 PM BST
It was Jim actually (I always mix them up) and it was less than handbags stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeS3VeluAmg
Report themightymac September 26, 2012 6:06 PM BST
Like I said earlier, Carroll is a smarmy pr*ck and thats without seeing the interview. Just to be expected from the guy. He would have gained more respect if he had told it as it was. He was in charge of USC during the controversial years. Can`t wait for 49ers to hump the Seadawks home and away.
Report Pounf September 26, 2012 9:22 PM BST
No matter how infuriating - I was on Packers money line and -3 - I dont think having a go at the bookies is really justified. For once this is not of their doing. I`m sure there was a split second on the replay where Tate had only one hand on the ball, when Jenkins had two, so how on earth can it NOT be overruled, I also think the fact the decision was made unbelievably quickly, I just dont think the guy even looked closely, he cant have done in the time he took.

It stinks
Report Pounf September 26, 2012 9:23 PM BST
Golden Tate...wonder if his middle name is "Bo££ocks" ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com