Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
chattykauto
12 Dec 10 21:18
| Topic/replies: 234 | Blogger: chattykauto's blog
What is the "Redzone" feature that they keep talking about on Sky Sports???

At first (somewhat hopeful!) I thought it was the multi-game option when you press the red button like they used to have a few seasons ago, but nope! Nothing when you press the red button other than the usual crap Sky show (Skybet or useless links).

So that leaves the original question - what are they on about when they talk about this new cool feature called the "Redzone"???

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 222
By:
chattykauto
When: 12 Dec 10 21:49
Anyone know..?
By:
ChampagneSuperNovo
When: 12 Dec 10 21:53
Its replacing the early game which gets shown on a Sunday at 6pm from next week...

http://www.nfluk.com/news/sky-to-air-red-zone-81210.html
By:
brisey
When: 12 Dec 10 21:54
The 2010 NFL season is so fiercely contested that picking the best game each week is almost impossible. So for the first time Sky Sports viewers will be able to follow all the big plays in the climactic games of the season via the Red Zone.

In Weeks 15 (December 19), 16 and 17, instead of showing just one game in the 6:00 p.m. Sunday time slot, Sky Sports will air the Red Zone channel, which means that viewers will be able to follow approximately 10 games at a time - never missing a single key play. Sky will then show one live game in the 9:00 p.m. slot as usual.

The Red Zone will offer British viewers a unique viewing experience, never before offered in any other sport. Here is how it works:

Whenever play reaches the red zone - the area inside the 20-yard line - coverage will switch to that game, often flipping between multiple games to ensure nothing is missed. Big plays that take teams into scoring positions; key defensive plays; every scoring play - guaranteed to be aired within 60 seconds - anything that matters in any game will be shown throughout a breathless three-hour journey around the league.

Red Zone will guarantee that viewers are up to date with every development in a 2010 season that has seen:

27 out of 32 teams entering Week 14 with playoff hopes still alive

19 of 32 teams having records of .500 or above

The lead in seven of eight divisions currently decided by one win or fewer

15 teams either at the top of a division or only one game back with four to play

When Red Zone kicks off in Week 15, a total of 10 games will be kicking off at 6:00 p.m. - almost all of them with significant playoff implications. The Baltimore Ravens and New Orleans will go head-to-head in a clash of division championship contenders; Jacksonville Jaguars travel to Indianapolis Colts in a potential AFC South showdown; the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants square off in a clash for the NFC East; the Kansas City Chiefs and St Louis Rams pit their own division title hopes against each other.

And there's so much more. Everyone gets to see their team; no sitting through a blow-out. It's a roller-coaster of a ride that is the perfect way to introduce a newcomer to the excitement of the NFL.

Sky Sports at 6:00 p.m. for the British debut of the Red Zone channel on Sunday December 19 is the only place to be sure of not missing a thing.
By:
chattykauto
When: 12 Dec 10 22:05
Ahhh very interesting - i still think it's a kop out and a total joke that British Television can't arrange multi-viewing of every single NFL game each and every week!

If they could afford to do it a few years ago then there's no excuses not to do it now when our Sky bills are increasing each year!
By:
Handsome Homer Simpson Plus 3
When: 12 Dec 10 22:40
I like the idea but I think a lot of people won't take to it. Would make sense to have it as a red button option.

Sky's coverage has gone backwards in the last two years.
By:
inner city sumo
When: 12 Dec 10 22:43
The reason they lost the red button game was because they struggled to sell advertising and gain sponsorship as people would just go from the main game to the red button every time there was an ad break. Given viewing figures for NFL on Sky are usually only around 0.05m it would be optimistic to think that they would be in a rush to simulcast ten 6pm kick offs. 

I was very sceptical of the Redzone idea, but from what I've seen tonight it's better than I was expecting, it does show big plays from all over the field rather than literally just red zone activity.
By:
charlatan
When: 12 Dec 10 23:00
Generally the coverage would be better if they could cut away from a blow out like sd v kc (to say the mia v nyj game) and if they could show the climax of the games which go to overtime. the second half of that game was a bore.
By:
Umbo Mangoman
When: 12 Dec 10 23:26
like said... would be perfect for the red button
By:
d13phe
When: 14 Dec 10 11:43
i love red zone

perfect for mug acca bets Laugh
By:
Lori
When: 14 Dec 10 19:35
Think Redzone is as popular as anything else in the states. I'll certainly prefer it to watching the worst game of the week slug it out.
By:
incaseof
When: 14 Dec 10 20:53
Redzone is great and it's not only red zone stuff,  they always goes to the close game in 4th qtr...but to go with it over a game, nah Mischief
If UK have it 'live' we may see some market action in the early games Plain
By:
Wallflower
When: 15 Dec 10 13:09
Don't mind the idea but am concerned about liquidity. Usually there is only any kind of liquidity on the live Sky game (with a bit less on a game shown in Europe).

Could result in low liquidity among 4-5 matches. As a fan I'm prepared to give it a chance, but as a punter I'm a bit negative. Another negative is that I actually enjoy watching a match evolve and how the battle in the trenches is the source of big plays. Might feel like a highlight reel.
By:
theresbeenagoal
When: 15 Dec 10 18:16
I like the idea - Sky Germany have a 'conference' for their Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 matches, Champions League and occasionally Europa when there are multiple games taking place and it works.
By:
The Priest
When: 16 Dec 10 15:10
So let me get this right, we will see ALL the action from each game as they go into the redzone, ALL teams on TV, ALL big plays AND STILL PEOPLE ARE MOANING. You couldn't make this sh!t up what exactly do people want?
By:
db1974
When: 16 Dec 10 16:06
The Priest
So let me get this right, we will see ALL the action from each game as they go into the redzone, ALL teams on TV, ALL big plays AND STILL PEOPLE ARE MOANING. You couldn't make this sh!t up what exactly do people want?

I want a full live game with no bullsh1t interruptions for a TD from another game which carries no background whatsoever that I could watch in 10 mins on NFL.com anyway.

Put RZ behind the Red Button
By:
rev ike
When: 16 Dec 10 20:15
agreed
By:
curlywurly
When: 18 Dec 10 20:02
I get the feeling it will be alright for about 10 mins, then it's really going to get annoying.

1.01 the first email nick and kev read out will say how great redzone is
By:
Gravitational Pull
When: 19 Dec 10 10:48
I wont be watching red zone, sounds like that god awfull sky sports news show with geof stelling. I know some people like it but I prefer to follow the one match.
By:
inner city sumo
When: 19 Dec 10 12:21
How are they going to fit commercial breaks in? It's a bit different with Soccer Saturday, because they are not showing you what's happening, they're telling you. With Redzone the whole point is that you are seeing live what is happening, if there are 10 games going on there'll probably be something going on all the time.
By:
BIG CAT LEON LETT
When: 19 Dec 10 13:03
thanks for that Brisey
By:
glory hornet
When: 19 Dec 10 14:21
I thought id read that if it wasnt shown live , it would be shown within 60 seconds of the event happenning , plenty of time then for 45 second advert breaks , all 200 of them !!!
By:
inner city sumo
When: 19 Dec 10 14:57
Oh right. They might as well just show Kev and Nick surfing and running the video clips from nfl.com Laugh
By:
Dr.Cypionate
When: 19 Dec 10 15:59
I think they should bring in a fantasy zone for 2115 till 0000am were we don't bother with the live games and just chat fantasy scores, transfers and injuries and make sure its only on the sky main channel so virgin customer are stuck with it just like the fkin red zone lets just screw us completely!!!
By:
Zazen
When: 19 Dec 10 16:06
total sh!t, 'Live' highlights aimed at bringing in casual viewers who just want to see scoring plays.

From a viewing point of view, its no big deal....there are plenty of streams to watch the game of my choice, but this means the end of liquidity and therefore trading.
By:
good value losers
When: 19 Dec 10 16:13
you can see the reasoning behind it ffs look how many 6pm ko's. if they picked one and it was a one-sided affair then you'd all be whining why didn't they show another one. at least this way you don't get stuck with a crap game while other stuff is going on.
By:
Ross8481
When: 19 Dec 10 16:18
I like it
By:
marky sparky
When: 19 Dec 10 16:35
Redzone will not tell you anything you can't already find out on the net....AND...you'll find out 60 secs behind in alot if cases.
By:
good value losers
When: 19 Dec 10 16:36
but how is that worse than following 1 **** game where you're behind anyway?
By:
Randle
When: 19 Dec 10 16:41
red zone bollox
By:
Monkfish
When: 19 Dec 10 16:44
Not in HD either?
By:
Annapurna
When: 19 Dec 10 16:50
what links we got for tonights games then guys? Taking Indy in the handicap -4.5 collie and Addai back will be big!!!
By:
Hayden
When: 19 Dec 10 16:51
Have to admit I always watch the red zone anyway so pleased to see on TV , great move in my opinion and after all it's for followers of the sport not just the gambling fraternity  Happy
By:
squire danaher
When: 19 Dec 10 16:52
Just KNOW this is gonna be a bag of baloney.
By:
Ross8481
When: 19 Dec 10 16:52
Addai is out fwiw
By:
marky sparky
When: 19 Dec 10 16:54
good value losers 19 Dec 10 17:36
but how is that worse than following 1 **** game where you're behind anyway?

You a trader GVL?  Liquidity will be zilch and short term position taking won't be possible.
By:
ND47
When: 19 Dec 10 17:05
The 2010 NFL season is so fiercely contested that picking the best game each week is almost impossible

Try... It ain't that difficult. In fact it would be hard to go wrong this weekend weekend. JAX@IND, NO@Bal or PHIl@NYG any of these would be a good choice.

Bit of a cop out imo.
By:
Kingmambo
When: 19 Dec 10 17:06
looks like just another excuse to watch the fkin Colts to me at the minute Silly
By:
Ross8481
When: 19 Dec 10 17:07
Jax Indy is the best early game.... and theyve started there, fair enough
By:
jjjjj
When: 19 Dec 10 17:07
i dont like it. its for sport-mugs who dont know anything about the sport, the strategy, line-matchups... give those average mugs TDs all evening long.
i watch ESPN (vick vs eli) and spanish football.
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com