Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
skyblues
08 Sep 10 20:50
| Topic/replies: 1,518 | Blogger: skyblues's blog
Vikes @ saints under 48.5 £10
I would usually never take unders in a saints game but i like the unders here. Favre is not fully fit and with rice missing and harvin getting a migraine after 5 yds off running i cant see any quick fire scores for the vikes.
The saints now they could hit 49 on their own but im thinking there will be a lot of pressure on them and feel they may be a little slow out of the blocks (though pre season been high scoring). The vikes defence is decent enough and im hoping this game will start of slowly and maybe open up 2nd half a little.

Lions @ bears over 42.5
£10
With martz now being with the bears theres going to be throwing only id expect here so im expecting plenty of clock time as i feel the lions will throw alot also. Stafford seems to be looking like he could be a decent qb and with calvin and javid best i like the lions to score alot of points offensively. The lions defence is improving but im hoping it can still be taken on some long passes that should rack the points up. Suprised imo at 42.5 getting money at 2.1 and above.

Giants under 41.5
£10
I just cant see the panthers putting many points on the board with moore at qb this season and also they will run the ball that much it should take plenty of time off the clock. I think their gameplan here could be to keep the game close and kill the clock.
Eli doesnt tend to play aswell at home and though im not liking the panthers defence much, i can see the giants running the ball a fair bit and taking some time off the clock themselves.

Gl everyone, i know its early for sundays bets but its exciting times.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 73
By:
RescueMe.
When: 08 Sep 10 20:55
best of luck skyblues

i like you am like a kid at christmas - antepost bets done, fantasy teams selected, now to get the head right for weekly bets![;)]
By:
skyblues
When: 08 Sep 10 21:02
Cheers and you mate,
A little early for my sunday bets i must admit but the early bird and all that.
By:
Ross8481
When: 08 Sep 10 21:05
Good luck mate - i think i'll be taking a more active role on o/u this year, will watch on with interest!
By:
ManWithNoName
When: 08 Sep 10 22:06
Raiders lose

Simples
By:
Ace High
When: 08 Sep 10 22:24
I like all 3 bets but wont be touching them.  I got torched on totals last year and have decided to stop betting them, just cant get a handle on them...

Raiders lose?  Probably, but I think theyll cover.  There D should keep them in it.

Once again Ive made the schoolboy error of tying all my money up on antepost bets.  I literally cant afford to have a bad week 1!
By:
Lifetaker
When: 09 Sep 10 01:03
Game One ; 9th Sept. ( * Friday 10th. 10.30 on ESPN for the AUSSIE'S )

SAINT'S * You'll be Seeing the Newest Most Entertaining NFL DYNASY Love

12th. / 13th for US
Team's to have a " CRACK @ "

Ariziona
Atlanta
NY Giant's
Denver
Greenbay
Miami
Tennessee
& for the Gambler's
Seatle

13th / 14th.

Baltimore
& Why Not KC = Kansas City

* 1 more Sleep, ...... to SEE if I've WON a SUPERBOWL Ring. .............. & the SAINT'S V VIKINGS Love Love ~ [:D]
By:
themightymac
When: 09 Sep 10 01:14
I never judge a game until I see the mighty O`s tips.
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Sep 10 03:55
Saints - 4.5 10/11
By:
tiny dave
When: 09 Sep 10 08:00
im getting on saints -4.5

on low stakes for this affair for intrest during match! will wait until about week 4 till i start betting above low stakes on matches
By:
morrissey
When: 09 Sep 10 10:50
the only team you need to eb on the side of on the spread is carolina its really that simple
By:
Hayden
When: 09 Sep 10 11:32
Can't believe it's back  GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin
By:
nevertoolate
When: 09 Sep 10 12:36
I'm hearing Jonathan Stewart is unlikely to play much this week, downgrades Carolinas effectiveness. Panthers look a particularly average team this year
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Sep 10 12:40
Are the saints a banker bet for the south? It's looking that way imo.
By:
nevertoolate
When: 09 Sep 10 12:54
I would say Saints are bankers for their division. Falcons will be 2nd best, with the Panthers a 500 team at best and Tampa still one of the worse teams in the NFC.
I dont think the Saints are as good this year as last year, the D wont get as many turnovers to cover up an average group. Offensively though, they have arguably the best line in the league and one of the best QBs

Personally, I think the Chargers are the stand out banker for a division though
By:
mr milk
When: 09 Sep 10 13:08
where's the link for the stewart news?
sounds like boll@cks to me
By:
Hayden
When: 09 Sep 10 14:03
Based on the full roster Panthers are the youngest average age team in the league
By:
nevertoolate
When: 09 Sep 10 14:18
Stewart hasn't played 1 snap all pre-season. S Bell mentioned it, I'm not sure what reason I'd have to make that up, but if you choose to think that, then go ahead
By:
mr milk
When: 09 Sep 10 16:11
apologies - wasn't implying that you'd made it up. just trying to point out that it might be worth checking if that's correct or not. everything i've read is pointing to him playing and getting 15-20 touches. if he's fit, i can't see them not playing him - he did put over 200 yards on the giants on one leg last year.

Steve Smith didn't play any snaps either and again, he'll start.
By:
Gazzy
When: 09 Sep 10 17:08
Texans look tasty as a home dog. Indy's o-line is in trouble (I think I read a rookie is going to start at LT vs Mario Williams!!!) and their D looked atrocious in preseason (I know it's only preseason).

Cushing is suspended for the Texans, and their secondary is probably a concern, as is their continuing void at RB but as a home dog I think they might finally be able to beat the Colts
By:
Donald Driver
When: 09 Sep 10 17:16
A Rodge to go to town on Philly
By:
mr milk
When: 09 Sep 10 17:24
not sure the RB problem still applies for Houston. Foster is a beast!
By:
good value losers
When: 09 Sep 10 19:33
tiny dave Joined: 21 Feb 08
Replies: 8583 09 Sep 10 09:00 
will wait until about week 4 till i start betting above low stakes on matches

snap! bit daft to be betting at all beforehand, imvho. wk1 is particularly odd as all the better teams (on paper) are playing each other and the lesser teams consequently playing wach other too. very tricky imo.
By:
Lori
When: 09 Sep 10 19:33
Should be a great season, especially without the cretin on MSN begging me for tips then losing money by ignoring them and threatening me with death when I went on vacation instead of doing them one week Laugh
By:
skyblues
When: 09 Sep 10 19:44
Didnt realise orioles was like that lori.

Agree sort of gvl wouldnt class any off my bets as strong fanices as its week 1 after all. Still nice to have some bets thoguh on the nfl.

I kinda like buff +3 but think i could be going crazy.
By:
Lori
When: 09 Sep 10 19:44
The better money is often made earlier in the season before the oddsmakers get the lines more accurate.

The more data they have to work with, the less edge can be found by the punters.

IMO
By:
good value losers
When: 09 Sep 10 19:50
there's some truth in that, lori, if you do your homework, but higher risk too as there may be something you don't know about
By:
good value losers
When: 09 Sep 10 19:52
plus i'm not a great believer in value or spreads, just liketo lump on "nailed on" certs Devil
By:
Lori
When: 09 Sep 10 19:52
Fair enough.

It's the only time of the year that I look much at the moneylines as much as the handicaps. Can get a few longshots at crazy prices.

I remember a couple years back (might be three years now, i forget, think it's two though) the Falcons were 2/1 shots at home to the Lions opening day Laugh
By:
Lori
When: 09 Sep 10 19:53
Silly

Sound a bit like the nutter I had on MSN, although I know he's not high on your friends list either Love
By:
Lori
When: 09 Sep 10 19:54
and you're far more sane.
By:
good value losers
When: 09 Sep 10 19:57
hah! so i would have people believe [smiley:crazy]
By:
Lori
When: 09 Sep 10 20:01
[:p]

Not claiming your sane, not even claiming I'm sane, but this guy was a total whacko. In fact if he reads this thread he'll probably burn my cats.
By:
skyblues
When: 09 Sep 10 20:04
Im telling you orioles isnt like that lori, im sure off it.
By:
Lori
When: 09 Sep 10 20:06
Laugh
By:
nevertoolate
When: 09 Sep 10 20:10
its ok Mr Milk, he participated in practice (Stewart), so I'm sure he'll suit up, I was hearing around 10 touches at most - hence I said wont play much.
I think its not a great matchup for Sky to show to be honest
By:
good value losers
When: 09 Sep 10 20:16
his name wouldn't begin with "flu" would it? lol
By:
Lori
When: 09 Sep 10 20:18
[:x]
By:
skyblues
When: 11 Sep 10 09:02
Week 1 so far 1-0
season 1-0

1 more bet that im adding
Lay of the bears i just cant be having them around 1.38.
I dont like the bears too much and i feel that the lions will be improved this season. Worth a little dabble.
Gl all.
By:
chingachgook
When: 11 Sep 10 13:20
week 1

Falcons
Buccs
Titans
Bears
€500 win accum @ 4/1+,small stakes for the start of the season.

GL all
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com