Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 63 comments are related to the topic:
Uncle O's Bonus 'Oooh Thursday Football!' Pick

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 63
By:
orioles
When: 27 Nov 09 02:18
Never takes me more than 5 minutes on the AW :p

He says that whenever he's watching his beloved Millwall and they go ahead, he likes to stand up and proclaim "Nothing can possibly go wrong!"

His more superstitious colleagues are mortified ... I was kind of hoping you were going to have same effect :)
By:
orioles
When: 27 Nov 09 02:19
That's where I'm going wrong! I ALWAYS think I know who's going to win.
By:
curious-cat
When: 27 Nov 09 02:44
that's when I go wrong .......... If I realise I'm stupid I do ok ;)
By:
cunnybobbler
When: 27 Nov 09 04:45
note to self: never back detroit ever again. made most of it back on the other 2 games but not really the point. i thought stafford was meant to be good?? not watched detroit much but he didnt look good. unless throwing about 5 passes straight to players wearing the wrong colour jerseys counts as good these days. i know he was a bit banged up but not sure thats a good excuse for throws like that.
By:
Saluting Darren Lockyer
When: 27 Nov 09 08:14
Should imagine he felt like a right turkey in front of national televsion..................left many people wondering what all the fuss is about with him.
By:
orioles
When: 03 Dec 09 17:58
NY Jets @ Buffalo

Both teams pulled it together a little last week. There weren't that many surprises in New York: the Jets ran the hell out of it, despite not finding too much joy, Sanchez struggled to complete any passes and didn't throw a TD. They'll do the same this week (they clearly like this type of ultra-conservative offense) particularly against a Buffalo D that's been giving up a lot of yards on the ground. On the other side of the ball, the NYJ D showed signs of life, and TO will struggle against Revis, but that should give Evans a chance.

However, I like Fitzpatrick and he's going to look after the rock better than Delhomme did last week and, crucially, better than Sanchez will in this matchup. That was the key last time they met and with Jackson beginning to get more touches, I like the Bills to squeak home in this one. So I'll take the points.

Pick: Buf +3 @ 2.00

Pick: 1st TD Thomas Jones @ 6
Pick: Anytime TD Lee Evans @ 3.1
Pick: Over 37pts @ 1.91
By:
captaincuttle
When: 03 Dec 09 19:37
No offence Orioles, but I`m terrified to read this thread every Thursday in case you tip the team that I intend to bet, lol. Thankfully, I can bet the Jets with confidence now :D

P.S. If I don`t win, I hope that you do!!!!
By:
orioles
When: 03 Dec 09 19:45
In general, Captain, my picks can be opposed with confidence :)
By:
FORZA AS ROMA
When: 03 Dec 09 22:35
Will Revis even cover TO?????Should but TO isnt the number 1 WR imo
By:
captaincuttle
When: 04 Dec 09 19:22
Revis was brilliant once again. Some player this guy.
By:
Saluting Darren Lockyer
When: 04 Dec 09 19:34
agree,sure fire pro bowler this season i should imagine
By:
orioles
When: 04 Dec 09 20:23
I love watching guys like Revis play. I've always dreamt of being a pacy, hard-hitting corner.

Unfortunately, holding the Memorial Stadium foot long hot-dog record was probably an early indication that it was never to be :|
By:
captaincuttle
When: 04 Dec 09 23:29
I once dreamt of being the new Jim Thorpe :(
By:
orioles
When: 10 Dec 09 18:39
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland

A weather pick.

If the weather was OK, I'd take the points: the Steelers have a shambolic look on D, with Tomlin seemingly ready to ring the changes and sit experienced players and give more time to guys like Burnett and Lewis. With Polamalu still out, they have been struggling, with Gradkowski gashing their secondary last week.

However, they can defend the run, giving up just 86ypg in the last 4 games and I don't see Jerome Harrison terrifying Pittsburgh's coaches. True, Quinn has seen signs of life recently, but if the weather is going to be as bad as the forecast suggests, he's going to be limited by the conditions.

On the other side of the all, it looks like Mendenhall is going to see the rock alot, particularly if Ward is out (game time decision) and Cleveland awful against run (over the last four, they rank dead last and they're no better on the season) so look for him to score.

Not a great game to bet ... not an average game to bet! But if the weather's bad, I'll give the points and go under.

Pick: Pittsburgh -10

Pick: 1st TD Mendenhall @ 5/Heath Miller @ 12
Pick: Anytime TD Mohamed Massaquoi @ 2
Pick: Under 33
By:
themightymac
When: 10 Dec 09 22:24
No opinion on the game so, desperate for a bet, I`ve taken your tip Mr Orioles of Steelers (-10). Good luck.
By:
orioles
When: 17 Dec 09 23:32
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville

Ahhhh ... picks at the back end of the season involving 13-0 teams, what could be better? I think the only way to take a crack at this is to look at the game as if everyone was going to play, so here goes.

Indy are listing 29 players as injured ... DAMN ... I didnt get a sentence into ignoring the
By:
Yuvraj Singh
When: 18 Dec 09 03:43
3/4
nice picks uncle o
By:
SwindonBoy
When: 18 Dec 09 03:49
well done..
By:
wanna_b_pro
When: 18 Dec 09 09:11
Spot on 'O'. Well Done mate, keep em coming
By:
rink rat
When: 18 Dec 09 15:51
Back swimmin among the sharks again. ;)
By:
orioles
When: 19 Dec 09 17:49
Dallas @ New Orleans

The Saints are pushing for home field advantage in the play-offs and Dallas are hanging on to Wild Card dreams ...

By:
skyblues
When: 19 Dec 09 17:59
Orioles the big matchup in fantasy. Think your gonna win tbh.
By:
orioles
When: 19 Dec 09 18:23
Actually, I think the dream dies tomorrow :(
By:
skyblues
When: 19 Dec 09 18:40
lol i hope so mate. be a nice christmas presant.
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com