Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ace High
15 Dec 08 07:34
| Topic/replies: 1,053 | Blogger: Ace High's blog
Discuss

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 64
By:
Ieuan Evans
When: 15 Dec 08 08:03
No.
By:
KOBEFROMDOWNTOWN
When: 15 Dec 08 08:14
No they are just good.
By:
Ace High
When: 15 Dec 08 08:22
Ok, perhaps I should rephrase the question:

Has Mike Tomlin sold his soul to the devil in exchange for a superbowl ring?
By:
dullville
When: 15 Dec 08 09:20
Best defence ever if they had a decent running back they would be awesome
By:
mr milk
When: 15 Dec 08 09:25
Best defence ever

ridiculous statement
By:
Ron Nasty
When: 15 Dec 08 09:46
if this was on the soccer group i know who would have been said straight away
By:
The Bloody-Nine
When: 15 Dec 08 10:05
Defence wins Championships.
By:
chiefdog
When: 15 Dec 08 10:22
defence may win championships but the steelers win games through bad officiating, fortunate bounces and inept collapsing opponents. if they win the superbowl it will be the most deserved championship ever and i will quit the sport.
p.s tomlin (possibley worst coach in the league) does indeed appear to have sold his soulto the devil in exchange for all these favours. the only upside is that if they do win the superbowl we won't have to put up with him next year as he'll have vanished from existence
By:
chiefdog
When: 15 Dec 08 10:23
edit: 'move undesreved'
By:
chiefdog
When: 15 Dec 08 10:24
i'll get one right in a minute
'most undesreved'
By:
The Bloody-Nine
When: 15 Dec 08 10:27
:D
By:
Ace High
When: 15 Dec 08 10:27
If it wasnt for your complete and utter failure to grasp the english written word, I would annoit you the best contributer in the history of this forum.

Superb reasoning. When will people open their eyes to the Pittsburgh myth?
By:
chiefdog
When: 15 Dec 08 10:33
i think you'll find it's spelt anoint. apart from this error, the pitt myth goes largely unseen as people are blinded by the 11 wins and think that means they must be a great outfit.
By:
jacob_TA
When: 15 Dec 08 10:47
They have a very good defense, a decent offense

but I agree with the above, they seem to be aided by huge slices of luck so often that you can't have this much look surely?
By:
Piet
When: 15 Dec 08 10:49
You've completely ignored the brutal schedule they've played this year. 7 of those wins have been against Baltimore (twice), Houston, Dallas, and then at Washington and at New England. Lucky teams do not win those games through one piece of good fortune over 60 minutes.
By:
Ace High
When: 15 Dec 08 10:53
Lucky teams do not win those games through one piece of good fortune over 60 minutes.

Several
By:
Piet
When: 15 Dec 08 11:07
So you're saying the reason they win games is by several pieces of good fortune going their way? Without luck they'd be what 7-7 or 6-8 right now?
By:
Ace High
When: 15 Dec 08 11:20
Take away the question mark and your statement is correct, yes.

They will get BEASTED in the playoffs.
By:
Ron Nasty
When: 15 Dec 08 11:22
just a slightly better version of the dolphins
By:
Piet
When: 15 Dec 08 11:40
In which case you must think they are one of the greatest lays of all time at the current 6.0-6.4 in the market. Very odd that there is so little to back at 6.0.
By:
chiefdog
When: 15 Dec 08 11:45
lets not get confused. the steelers are not a good team (possibly the worst team in the league with a winning record. the most undeserved at least) but i'm under no illusions that they will continue to right the wave of fortune right through the playoffs. if they win the bowl it should be stricken from the record books or at least written in as a miracle. on this basis i will not lay them
By:
chiefdog
When: 15 Dec 08 11:47
obviously i meant ride the wave. not having a good day
By:
Ron Nasty
When: 15 Dec 08 11:47
will they take out mannings knee in the first play of the championship game
By:
Piet
When: 15 Dec 08 11:58
No by your way of reckoning they are actually due a piece of luck against the Colts in the Play offs in return for the horror "fumble" call on Polamalu in the last Championship game.

By the way I'm not even a Steelers fan, actually support the Chiefs. But in the same way I don't think the Chiefs are unlucky and only a few bits of luck away from being a wild card team. I can see that the Steelers are not where they are through luck.
By:
Ron Nasty
When: 15 Dec 08 12:02
i said manning as they can't play carson palmer this year
By:
db1974
When: 15 Dec 08 12:08
Q: How many matches have they won this season which they didn't deserve to win?

A: None!
By:
Ron Nasty
When: 15 Dec 08 12:09
3 imo
and i had them to win the division
By:
Piet
When: 15 Dec 08 12:14
Does that 3 include last night's game?
By:
Ron Nasty
When: 15 Dec 08 12:20
maybe
it's sort of a generalisation of the season though
By:
Murphinator1
When: 15 Dec 08 12:21
chiefdog 15 Dec 12:45

lets not get confused. the steelers are not a good team (possibly the worst team in the league with a winning record. the most undeserved at least) but i'm under no illusions that they will continue to right the wave of fortune right through the playoffs. if they win the bowl it should be stricken from the record books or at least written in as a miracle. on this basis i will not lay them

What a load of f*cking sh*t. Possibly the worst team in the league with a winning record? I'm no Pittsburgh fan, but they have a brilliant defense (stats back that up). So with one half of their team so complete how can they be as poor as you believe? Secondly, they have some big play guys in Big Ben, Ward, Holmes and Parker. The offensive line is poor, which is why Ben has struggled alot this year.

Lets not forget that Pittsburgh would have been 4&1 last night on the 1 yard line regardless of whether the ball was in the endzone. They cut through the much heralded Baltimore defence on that drive and had more total yards than the Baltimore offence.

They are a good team, not amazing but good. Much of the criticism above is simply absurd.
By:
Piet
When: 15 Dec 08 12:27
Personally I don't agree with last night being lucky. At worst game would have been tied and they might have won anyway. When I was watching it real time, my first reaction was TD and still is after seeing it from the camera above. I did not have any money on the game.
By:
Harry Lime
When: 15 Dec 08 12:30
No good solid side with a superb D. Offense worries me if i was a backer though. they have an inability to move the ball consistently which i think will be their downfall. i think the Colts will beat them IF Indy get that far. will be a great AFC Champ game imo
By:
Piet
When: 15 Dec 08 12:35
I think they need to win this Sunday and get the number 1 seed. Then get Heinz field to resemble a ploughed field and slow down Indie or whoever they face.
By:
chiefdog
When: 15 Dec 08 14:59
of course they were lucky last night. they couldn't break down the ravens d for 58 minutes and yet they drove 89 yards at the end as the batimore d crumbled. nothing to do with the pitt offence being good. they were fortunate that baltimore buckled. if you couldn't see that you need to put down the crack pipe
By:
jacob_TA
When: 15 Dec 08 15:04
It was an even game last night, the sack to prevent Ravens kicking a field goal near the end was the key play imo.
I'd like to ask a question to all the pitts praisers - can you name me the last time a piece of luck went against them and cost them?
By:
db1974
When: 15 Dec 08 15:40
chiefdog & Ron Nasty

What exactly was "lucky" about last night - it was a 4th quarter drive ending with a game-winning TD - why is this considered great play by Tom Brady & the Patriots and/or Peyton Manning & the Colts but when the Steelers do it it's considered "lucky"?

Were the Giants "lucky" winners of the Superbowl last year?

If the TD hadn't been given and the Ravens had won in OT would the Steelers have been "unlucky"
By:
db1974
When: 15 Dec 08 15:41
A team can only be considered lucky if they win a game that they definitively deserved to lose and you can't say that about the Steelers last night
By:
Ron Nasty
When: 15 Dec 08 15:41
Were the Giants "lucky" winners of the Superbowl last year?

YES VERY
By:
db1974
When: 15 Dec 08 15:43
Why?
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML