Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ace High
15 Dec 08 07:34
| Topic/replies: 1,053 | Blogger: Ace High's blog
Discuss
Pause Switch to Standard View Are the Pittsburgh Steelers the...
Show More
Report Ieuan Evans December 15, 2008 8:03 AM GMT
No.
Report KOBEFROMDOWNTOWN December 15, 2008 8:14 AM GMT
No they are just good.
Report Ace High December 15, 2008 8:22 AM GMT
Ok, perhaps I should rephrase the question:

Has Mike Tomlin sold his soul to the devil in exchange for a superbowl ring?
Report dullville December 15, 2008 9:20 AM GMT
Best defence ever if they had a decent running back they would be awesome
Report mr milk December 15, 2008 9:25 AM GMT
Best defence ever

ridiculous statement
Report Ron Nasty December 15, 2008 9:46 AM GMT
if this was on the soccer group i know who would have been said straight away
Report The Bloody-Nine December 15, 2008 10:05 AM GMT
Defence wins Championships.
Report chiefdog December 15, 2008 10:22 AM GMT
defence may win championships but the steelers win games through bad officiating, fortunate bounces and inept collapsing opponents. if they win the superbowl it will be the most deserved championship ever and i will quit the sport.
p.s tomlin (possibley worst coach in the league) does indeed appear to have sold his soulto the devil in exchange for all these favours. the only upside is that if they do win the superbowl we won't have to put up with him next year as he'll have vanished from existence
Report chiefdog December 15, 2008 10:23 AM GMT
edit: 'move undesreved'
Report chiefdog December 15, 2008 10:24 AM GMT
i'll get one right in a minute
'most undesreved'
Report The Bloody-Nine December 15, 2008 10:27 AM GMT
:D
Report Ace High December 15, 2008 10:27 AM GMT
If it wasnt for your complete and utter failure to grasp the english written word, I would annoit you the best contributer in the history of this forum.

Superb reasoning. When will people open their eyes to the Pittsburgh myth?
Report chiefdog December 15, 2008 10:33 AM GMT
i think you'll find it's spelt anoint. apart from this error, the pitt myth goes largely unseen as people are blinded by the 11 wins and think that means they must be a great outfit.
Report jacob_TA December 15, 2008 10:47 AM GMT
They have a very good defense, a decent offense

but I agree with the above, they seem to be aided by huge slices of luck so often that you can't have this much look surely?
Report Piet December 15, 2008 10:49 AM GMT
You've completely ignored the brutal schedule they've played this year. 7 of those wins have been against Baltimore (twice), Houston, Dallas, and then at Washington and at New England. Lucky teams do not win those games through one piece of good fortune over 60 minutes.
Report Ace High December 15, 2008 10:53 AM GMT
Lucky teams do not win those games through one piece of good fortune over 60 minutes.

Several
Report Piet December 15, 2008 11:07 AM GMT
So you're saying the reason they win games is by several pieces of good fortune going their way? Without luck they'd be what 7-7 or 6-8 right now?
Report Ace High December 15, 2008 11:20 AM GMT
Take away the question mark and your statement is correct, yes.

They will get BEASTED in the playoffs.
Report Ron Nasty December 15, 2008 11:22 AM GMT
just a slightly better version of the dolphins
Report Piet December 15, 2008 11:40 AM GMT
In which case you must think they are one of the greatest lays of all time at the current 6.0-6.4 in the market. Very odd that there is so little to back at 6.0.
Report chiefdog December 15, 2008 11:45 AM GMT
lets not get confused. the steelers are not a good team (possibly the worst team in the league with a winning record. the most undeserved at least) but i'm under no illusions that they will continue to right the wave of fortune right through the playoffs. if they win the bowl it should be stricken from the record books or at least written in as a miracle. on this basis i will not lay them
Report chiefdog December 15, 2008 11:47 AM GMT
obviously i meant ride the wave. not having a good day
Report Ron Nasty December 15, 2008 11:47 AM GMT
will they take out mannings knee in the first play of the championship game
Report Piet December 15, 2008 11:58 AM GMT
No by your way of reckoning they are actually due a piece of luck against the Colts in the Play offs in return for the horror "fumble" call on Polamalu in the last Championship game.

By the way I'm not even a Steelers fan, actually support the Chiefs. But in the same way I don't think the Chiefs are unlucky and only a few bits of luck away from being a wild card team. I can see that the Steelers are not where they are through luck.
Report Ron Nasty December 15, 2008 12:02 PM GMT
i said manning as they can't play carson palmer this year
Report db1974 December 15, 2008 12:08 PM GMT
Q: How many matches have they won this season which they didn't deserve to win?

A: None!
Report Ron Nasty December 15, 2008 12:09 PM GMT
3 imo
and i had them to win the division
Report Piet December 15, 2008 12:14 PM GMT
Does that 3 include last night's game?
Report Ron Nasty December 15, 2008 12:20 PM GMT
maybe
it's sort of a generalisation of the season though
Report Murphinator1 December 15, 2008 12:21 PM GMT
chiefdog 15 Dec 12:45

lets not get confused. the steelers are not a good team (possibly the worst team in the league with a winning record. the most undeserved at least) but i'm under no illusions that they will continue to right the wave of fortune right through the playoffs. if they win the bowl it should be stricken from the record books or at least written in as a miracle. on this basis i will not lay them

What a load of f*cking sh*t. Possibly the worst team in the league with a winning record? I'm no Pittsburgh fan, but they have a brilliant defense (stats back that up). So with one half of their team so complete how can they be as poor as you believe? Secondly, they have some big play guys in Big Ben, Ward, Holmes and Parker. The offensive line is poor, which is why Ben has struggled alot this year.

Lets not forget that Pittsburgh would have been 4&1 last night on the 1 yard line regardless of whether the ball was in the endzone. They cut through the much heralded Baltimore defence on that drive and had more total yards than the Baltimore offence.

They are a good team, not amazing but good. Much of the criticism above is simply absurd.
Report Piet December 15, 2008 12:27 PM GMT
Personally I don't agree with last night being lucky. At worst game would have been tied and they might have won anyway. When I was watching it real time, my first reaction was TD and still is after seeing it from the camera above. I did not have any money on the game.
Report Harry Lime December 15, 2008 12:30 PM GMT
No good solid side with a superb D. Offense worries me if i was a backer though. they have an inability to move the ball consistently which i think will be their downfall. i think the Colts will beat them IF Indy get that far. will be a great AFC Champ game imo
Report Piet December 15, 2008 12:35 PM GMT
I think they need to win this Sunday and get the number 1 seed. Then get Heinz field to resemble a ploughed field and slow down Indie or whoever they face.
Report chiefdog December 15, 2008 2:59 PM GMT
of course they were lucky last night. they couldn't break down the ravens d for 58 minutes and yet they drove 89 yards at the end as the batimore d crumbled. nothing to do with the pitt offence being good. they were fortunate that baltimore buckled. if you couldn't see that you need to put down the crack pipe
Report jacob_TA December 15, 2008 3:04 PM GMT
It was an even game last night, the sack to prevent Ravens kicking a field goal near the end was the key play imo.
I'd like to ask a question to all the pitts praisers - can you name me the last time a piece of luck went against them and cost them?
Report db1974 December 15, 2008 3:40 PM GMT
chiefdog & Ron Nasty

What exactly was "lucky" about last night - it was a 4th quarter drive ending with a game-winning TD - why is this considered great play by Tom Brady & the Patriots and/or Peyton Manning & the Colts but when the Steelers do it it's considered "lucky"?

Were the Giants "lucky" winners of the Superbowl last year?

If the TD hadn't been given and the Ravens had won in OT would the Steelers have been "unlucky"
Report db1974 December 15, 2008 3:41 PM GMT
A team can only be considered lucky if they win a game that they definitively deserved to lose and you can't say that about the Steelers last night
Report Ron Nasty December 15, 2008 3:41 PM GMT
Were the Giants "lucky" winners of the Superbowl last year?

YES VERY
Report db1974 December 15, 2008 3:43 PM GMT
Why?
Report Ace High December 15, 2008 4:02 PM GMT
Blown coverage
Report Ron Nasty December 15, 2008 4:07 PM GMT
lucky catch
Report Rich1965 December 15, 2008 6:02 PM GMT
nfl isn't straight. Just remember the tuck rule for evidence.
Report KOBEFROMDOWNTOWN December 15, 2008 8:06 PM GMT
dullville 15 Dec 10:20

Best defence ever if they had a decent running back they would be awesome

LOL they have an excellent running back who got injured and picking his game up week by week.
Report jacob_TA December 16, 2008 9:25 AM GMT
I see no answer to my question yet
Report HARRY22 December 16, 2008 10:08 AM GMT
Try the NY giants game jacobs
Report HARRY22 December 16, 2008 10:10 AM GMT
Toughest schedule in the league...,maybe that is there bad luck this year...they make big plays on defence and everyone presumes there lucky...i had my doubts about this team,changed my mind after week 7, they are just good, very good at getting it done.
Report HARRY22 December 16, 2008 10:21 AM GMT
The safety that changed the game jacobs
Report KOBEFROMDOWNTOWN December 16, 2008 11:22 AM GMT
d13phe 14 Dec 22:59

i said this last week and i was laughed at

Pitts D looks tired

D13phe this little line of yours is becoming worse than mike carlson's 'he went high but not in the ricky williams sense' :^0

For the next steeler game sunday can we not use this???As its pretty obvious there D dosent get tired in games especially in the 4th quarter when they havent conceded a single point in there last 2 games lol
Report Lifetaker December 17, 2008 1:27 AM GMT
Last week-end was Just , Another Game HANDED to the Steeler's,
...................................................... Not to WORRY , It will make their ELIMINATION from the Play-Off's , even BETTER !

The FIRST :- A T T A C K I N G they face, Will ELIMINATE them .
In the WORDS of the DALEK"S ..... " EXTERMINATE " " EXTERMINATE ! "
Report jacob_TA December 17, 2008 4:13 PM GMT
I'm not Bradon Jacobs!

I have to disagree with that, the Giants fully deserved the win. The Steelers D held strong for so long, that eventually the giants broke them down.
4 picks from big ben, imo they were lucky not to be down anyway. I remember the first half, all that time the giants spent inside the pitts half I was thinking when are they going to effin score!! (I was on the Giants this day you see)
I certainly don't think the Giants were lucky in this game
Report cunnybobbler December 17, 2008 5:29 PM GMT
its been said before, but im not sure how having the best defense in the league counts as lucky
Report blonde bombshell December 17, 2008 6:23 PM GMT
Having the best defence is pretty easy when 4 of your games are against cleveland and cincinatti. Hardly been offensive power houses are they. And 2 against the brusing but low scoring ravens.

give a half decent team those sort of games they would be best defense in the league.
Report charlatan December 18, 2008 12:09 AM GMT
They have a very good defense, a decent offense

but I agree with the above, they seem to be aided by huge slices of luck so often that you can't have this much look surely?

smells like a browns fans ;)
Report cunnybobbler December 18, 2008 3:21 AM GMT
not sure about bringing up the easy games against cleveland and cincy as theyve had one of the hardest schedules of any team!
Report Lifetaker December 18, 2008 5:57 AM GMT
I'll be the First One party-ing , when they are " EXTERMINATED " and YES I'll be Guilty of Cellibrating Early
Report jacob_TA December 18, 2008 10:52 AM GMT
You can't doubt their defense, Cleveland have had their moments against other teams when they've had a QB.
The point is, their offense hasn't scored enough points, their defense has kept them in games, and a slice of luck has allowed them to win
Report Ace High December 18, 2008 8:38 PM GMT
MEMO TO MICHAEL TOMLIN

"YOU WILL OBEY THE DALEKS OR YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED IN THE PLAYOFFS"
Report Ace High January 19, 2009 12:46 AM GMT
Bump
Report jacob_TA January 19, 2009 12:27 PM GMT
I don't think they have been lucky in the playoffs, they've been the better team in both games - comfortably
Report Ace High February 2, 2009 4:18 AM GMT
I love being proved right
Report Ieuan Evans February 2, 2009 4:24 AM GMT
:^0
Report Lifetaker February 2, 2009 6:05 AM GMT
All I will say is : ............................................................................... &...... F..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
* Help's when you have Zebra's in the Team !
Report Ace High December 11, 2009 10:11 PM GMT
Everyone scoffed at ace highs claim of Mike Tomlin selling his soul.

Whos laughing now?

They were the luckiest team ever. End of discussion.
Report captaincuttle December 12, 2009 1:10 AM GMT
Are you Carlsson?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com