SEASON 2013-14 P/L: -247.5pts ROI: -61.88%
(SEASON 2013 FINAL P/L: +85.23pts ROI: +20.79%)
It's Louisville, Kentucky this week and the fourth and final Major of the season, the 96th US PGA Championship.
There's not a great deal of course form to go off but this Par 71 Jack Nicklaus-designed track looks set to demand accurate and creative iron play as well as a deft touch on and around the greens. Recent form has also been a key component of champions of this event for several years now.
My value selections are below. Apart from the obvious, in-form candidates such as Rory McIlroy, Adam Scott and Sergio Garcia, I also think Justin Rose will go really well here but I decided he was just a bit too short at around the 19 mark on Betfair. The others to be cut from my shortlist at the final stage were McDowell, Matsuyama, Watney, English, Poulter, Woodland, Horschel, Howell III and K.J. Choi.
It's double stakes as ever for a Major. Best of luck...
Selections (all prices from Betfair unless stated):
Hunter MAHAN 4.75pts @ 75
- Superb ball striker and a tie for 15th in the Bridgestone last week shows his current well-being
- An excellent showing in the Ryder Cup here in 2008
- Should win a Major one day given the ability he has and this could be as good a chance as any for him
Bubba WATSON 4pts @ 36
- The double Masters winner is at his best when a high standard of approach play is at a premium
Phil MICKELSON 3.5pts @ 32
- Creative, a master round the greens and coming back to form. This could look a huge price come Sunday
- Forgiving fairways here should help his cause too
Zach JOHNSON 2.75pts @ 110
- Huge price for this Major-winning ball striker in good form
Brandt SNEDEKER 2.5pts @ 65
- On the way to recapturing his best form since his switch to Butch Harmon
J.B. HOLMES 1pt @ 130
- Big hitting Kentucky native and another back to somewhere near his best following a long spell of health problems
- Won top event at Quail Hollow back in May
Stewart CINK 0.5pts @ 910
- A simply insulting price for a class act and a proven Major winner who has not missed a cut on Tour since March
Boo WEEKLEY 0.5pts @ 650
- Solid ball striker who also put up a good display in the Ryder Cup here in 2008