Forums

Mixed Martial Arts

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wisewords
02 Oct 20 23:05
| Topic/replies: 517,844 | Blogger: wisewords's blog
Feel free to post any news, interviews and stories you think people would find interesting.

We can use this thread to discuss all the big stories currently going on in the world of MMA!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 103
By:
wisewords
When: 02 Oct 20 23:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMFVO1DYWk0

recent interview with Dana White on a number of topics including his recent fued with Conor McGregor and Khabib's future plans
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 07 Oct 20 01:17
Surprised Conor has even fought in the last few years, given how much money he's making elsewhere.

Obv loves it to be pressing so hard to fight, so often. Bit backwards to have a tantrum at Dana over his, he knows Dana can't have him fight without fans, given how much he's going to want to get paid.
By:
wisewords
When: 07 Oct 20 01:33
When do you think we'll see Conor in a UFC octagon next? and against who?
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 08 Oct 20 00:28
We're not going to see him until they can sell out the T-Mobile to capacity, I wouldn't have thought.

They can get away with paying everyone else standard money, but regardless of it being right or wrong, he is just playing by different rules to everyone else.

I know Khabib really doesn't want to fight him again, purely because of how he behaves, so I'd think if Khabib wins against Justin, they're going to have to make Conor fight Tony or Dustin.
By:
wisewords
When: 08 Oct 20 02:18
Do you think Nick Diaz will actually make his comeback next year? he released a video recently and he looked in decent shape
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 08 Oct 20 22:49
More interested in who Fury will fight next, now that Wilder looks like he's dipping, than I am in who/if either Diaz are fighting.

Nick will always look in shape while he's doing Triathlons for fun. Got to be closing in on 40 now?

Imagine they'll give him one or two fights if they can sort it out. I can't see him being able to get the kind of money that he's likely to think he's entitled to, though.
By:
wisewords
When: 08 Oct 20 23:25
Nick turned 37 in August. I want to see him come back and fight!! Yeah I agree that it's the financial side that's the stumbling block to him maybe not coming back. I hope they can sort it out
By:
wisewords
When: 08 Oct 20 23:26
and I have no idea who Fury will end up fighting in December. it's looking like it'll be a tick over job, someone not very dangerous. they're probably frantically looking for a "name".
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 09 Oct 20 19:10

Oct 8, 2020 -- 11:25PM, wisewords wrote:

Nick turned 37 in August. I want to see him come back and fight!! Yeah I agree that it's the financial side that's the stumbling block to him maybe not coming back. I hope they can sort it out

Nate made them enough money and they have enough of a brand that he doesn't need to fight unless they pay him what he wants.

Think he's annoyed Dana enough over the years, that he's not going to bend over backwards for him.

By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 09 Oct 20 19:11

Oct 8, 2020 -- 11:26PM, wisewords wrote:

and I have no idea who Fury will end up fighting in December. it's looking like it'll be a tick over job, someone not very dangerous. they're probably frantically looking for a "name".

Saw a couple big lumps working at the Wynn when I was staying there in December Laugh

By:
wisewords
When: 09 Oct 20 23:32
maybe they can entice someone like Andy Ruiz
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 11 Oct 20 18:05
No chance he gets that fight, imo.

Tyson will want the most money, for the easiest opponent. Wouldn't surprise me if he did w/e WWE's end of year show is instead, lol.
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 11 Oct 20 18:07
Pleasant card last night after the underwhelming Boxing, though.

Some highlight reel finishes, and that kick was ridic!
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Oct 20 00:33
The spinning kick knockout was unreal!
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Oct 20 00:34
Also quite a funky finish in the main event by Cory Sandhagen too
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Oct 20 00:35
prediction for Khabib v Gaethje?
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 13 Oct 20 02:48
Yeah, Sandhagen finish was good, and good stoppage from Goddard.

Think he's probably the best ref they have on the roster nowadays.

Not a clue, just hoping for chaos, but Khalabeeb by G&P has to be the fave, as boring as that is.
By:
wisewords
When: 14 Oct 20 00:01
"i'm gonna smash him"
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 15 Oct 20 04:03
Haha! They got him talking then Laugh
By:
wisewords
When: 15 Oct 20 21:42
I hope we get Khabib v Conor again. just for the build up, it will be fireworks
By:
sofaking
When: 24 Oct 20 23:01
Way too easy for Khabib.  Now he's retired though.
By:
jedi sophie
When: 24 Oct 20 23:05
Is Khabib serious?

No threat to him at all. Walking away from absolute fortunes.

Guys a proper nut but what a MMA fighter he is, just different class.

Gaethje looked seriously intimidated to me.
By:
sofaking
When: 24 Oct 20 23:13
Yep, 100% serious. he's retired.
By:
sofaking
When: 24 Oct 20 23:14
Yeah, Justin was scared shitless.  Seemed way too happy to have taken such an easy loss also.
By:
wisewords
When: 24 Oct 20 23:48
Gaethje seemed happy he'd been choked out rather than "smashed"
By:
razz
When: 28 Oct 20 01:59
gaethje definitely not scared, but he was completely unable to adapt to khabib's forward pressure, his cardio looked surprisingly bad even if he has gassed in the past, but he's usually the one on the front foot. a few more leg kicks could of changed the fight however, khabib looked pretty hit-able even if he ate the punches like candy. he did not like those leg kicks at all though. gaethje's TDD is better than he showed, and I thought he had a pretty bad performance overall, and I think the size difference played a part too. can't fault khabib though, he looked super slick when he got hold of gaethje, and was a good game plan to hold his ground initially then start the forward pressure.
By:
razz
When: 28 Oct 20 02:00
45 year old anderson fighting this weekend too Cry
By:
wisewords
When: 28 Oct 20 04:34
the relentless forward pressure was a great game plan. I don't think Khabib wanted a long fight as he'd had injury problems during the build up. when is Anderson Silva going to retire? his time has been and gone now
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 28 Oct 20 20:09
Who wouldn't be happy to get choked over smashed up, lol. Like he said, you get a nap/dream and then you wake up. Means he can fight again soon, too.

Khabib doesn't really care about money, at least not in the way other fighters do.

Lol @ scared shitless!

He just didn't want to end up on the deck straight away so had to keep the fight at range. Kicks were always going to be the deciding factor, and he landed plenty.

Which was why Khabib took it to the ground sooner than he planned to, as he was quite happy just walking him around and boxing. Khabib will be walking like me for a few days, I would think Laugh
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 28 Oct 20 20:12
Anderson should have retired years ago, but obv just loves the game, as he can't be short of dough.

148 was the first event I ever went to for his 2nd fight with the American Gangster, Uncle Chael 'never lost a round' Sonnen.

Same card that Khabib made his debut on, and his boxing didn't look out of place in a nightclub dancefloor in that one Laugh

Been trying to post for days, POS forum.
By:
wisewords
When: 29 Oct 20 06:33
When we getting Stipe v Ngannou or Jones v Stipe or Jones v Ngannou? Need something to look forward to in the UFC
By:
sofaking
When: 01 Nov 20 01:40
Monday November 30? Haven't heard anything about this: https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/en/mixed-martial-arts/ufc-matches/jon-jones-v-francis-ngannou-betting-29811711
By:
sofaking
When: 01 Nov 20 01:41
Jones v Ngannou
By:
wisewords
When: 03 Nov 20 02:12
that's just an old market for a hypothetical fight.

I've just read that it will be the Stipe v Ngannou rematch next but we're going to have to wait until March 2021 Plain
By:
wisewords
When: 07 Dec 20 21:29
you still around Timmy? not much happening lately in the UFC that's got me excited
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 08 Dec 20 15:05
Been watching everything, but the site was acting up for a bit and wouldn't let me post.

As you say, nothing got exciting enough to make me try sorting it out.
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 08 Dec 20 15:07
Been some good stuff, though.

Saturday was good, and funny how some of the fight night cards turn out to be better than his big PPV jobs.
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 08 Dec 20 15:09
Had a decent double on Dustin/Edwards, as I think they're priced up the wrong way around.

Leon went sideways, so just lumped it all on Dustin.
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Dec 20 13:57
You think McGregor is finished then? Looking forward to that one for sure. Was also looking forward to Leon/Khamzat until covid ruined that one. do you think they'll reschedule it? I read the other day possibly for January 20th. Fingers crossed that happens!
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com