Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
18 Jan 15 13:32
| Topic/replies: 31,728 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Riding here on a regular basis ,I doubt it tbh ,showed his inexperience of Irish racing by trying to go up Rubys inside there ..England is much easier to ride huge volumes of winners than here imo ..Not taking anything away from AP and his brilliant achivements either ...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 89
By:
pa lapsy
When: 18 Jan 15 13:40
Heck Thomas chucked it in half way up the run in,think he will be a weak finisher in future.
Different pace usually in that they generally go slower early in Ireland imo,not a fan myself of him there but with so few rides hard to judge him fairly really.
By:
dinglemick
When: 18 Jan 15 13:40
One thing that i am convinced of anyway workrider is that the vast majority of english based jocks aren t a first cousin of their Irish counterpart .... Guys like Tom Scumdamore , Sam Twiston Davis , Nick Schofield ect ect are nowhere near as good as Russell ,Carberry, Mark Enright ect ect
By:
workrider
When: 18 Jan 15 14:02
Would have to agree Dinglemick , some very ordinary jocks across the pond...
Pa ,not sure he chucked it , think AP sending up the inside didn't help his cause , not saying he would have won either...
By:
dj876
When: 18 Jan 15 14:09
Embarrassing Thread.

Winner won hard held and the contribution's close proximity to the race suggests pocket talk.

Heck Thomas was hammered and Russell could have won by more than a dozen lenghts if wanted so contribution is utterly pointless.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 18 Jan 15 14:30
Game of OPINIONS DJ
By:
workrider
When: 18 Jan 15 14:32
Again AP tries to go up the inside going to the last and has to pull around another to get out , lost all chance ...
By:
dj876
When: 18 Jan 15 14:34
CMIC

What difference could AP going up the inside,Heck Thomas could have been beaten 6 lengths instead of 8 lengths maybe. Pointless

Did you think Byerley Babe was closing on Foxroxk going to the line WR??
By:
Vubiant
When: 18 Jan 15 14:37
All opinions are not of equal merit however -many being  biased or hazy feelings which lack any logical coherence or factual basis.
By:
snap crackle and pop
When: 18 Jan 15 14:39
Embarrassing thread is putting it mildly dj
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 18 Jan 15 14:41
NO NEED FOR IT SNAP
By:
tony57
When: 18 Jan 15 14:42
don't think the thread is embarrassing at all?..wr ask a question about ap?..you may not agree with it..but its a valid question ..regarding the jockey..in Ireland?
By:
dj876
When: 18 Jan 15 14:45
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tony refer to the ride that is put forward as an example to verify his point and it's extremely embarrassing.

Even Tribal Pa disagreed that AP could hae done anything else on Heck Thomas
By:
workrider
When: 18 Jan 15 14:48
I backed the winner DJ ,so was GLAD he went up the inside on BABE ,so not pocket talking , if you took the time to look back at the Heck race you will see him try for over a furlong to get by Ruby who rightly boxed him in , I also NEVER said he would win ..It was just an observation of AP nothing more nothing less , so get off your high horse and make a contribution thats worthwhile , as for the Snapper , the only embarressing thing is your attempt to have people believe you're in the know , Now THAT is embarresing...Why people ruin a perfectly good thread is beyond me ..Though both Snapper and Dj seem to relish it...
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 18 Jan 15 14:51
The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user. [Manage blocked users] M A Y B E THE WAY TO GO Devil
By:
workrider
When: 18 Jan 15 14:57
I'm beginning to think you're right Catch ...
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 18 Jan 15 14:57
ABOUT TIME FFS
By:
pa lapsy
When: 18 Jan 15 14:58
"Tribal Pa" dj is answering the op in a civil manner to the question of whether AP is as good as he is in the UK,your view in regards he couldn,t do anything with Heck Thomas i,d agree with,never would have won but some merit that he could have been ridden better.
Not really worth making a big issue of this really.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 18 Jan 15 14:59
The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user. [Manage blocked users]

THIS IS THE WAY TO GO imho Devil
By:
workrider
When: 18 Jan 15 15:17
Laugh Catch ..
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 18 Jan 15 15:23
He rode a stinker on Byerly Babe,Wether he'd have won or not isn't the point.
By:
J.R.Hartley
When: 20 Jan 15 21:15
Certainly think McCoys style of riding suits England better....they go a lot quicker early on and often try and win their races a mile from home.....suits a forceful rider.
A bit more thinking involved over here.
By:
workrider
When: 20 Jan 15 21:54
Thanks lads ..
By:
neill d
When: 20 Jan 15 22:02
JR has it right.
By:
workrider
When: 20 Jan 15 22:08
Agree Neill , that was my point ,AP is a great jockey I just dont think he would be getting the same amount of rides here , a lot of our lads are really top class and would more than hold their own with him ...Plenty of rag and bone racing in the UK and tht seems to suit AP ...For someone who has been champion jockey for over 15 yrs on the trot , it begs the question , why doesn't he have more Gold Cups C/Hurdles G/Nationals ..
By:
neill d
When: 20 Jan 15 22:12
I think it is a kind way of saying that English jockeys as a group don't judge pace as well as they do here.
By:
slickster
When: 20 Jan 15 22:13
Ffs wonks you cannot just take 3 races as a marker. He cannot jump on any horse he likes. He never was Nicholls' stable jockey for example. And the guy is going for 20 titles in a row.
By:
workrider
When: 20 Jan 15 22:19
Boychild , he rode for one of the most successful stables in the history of racing in Pipes ..He was champion for years and Pipe would have allowed him ride in all the major races when he had no contender ,and that was a lot of the time  ..Of course he was tied up on many occasion , but there were years when he could have rode for other stables ...I'm not knocking him , just stating that maybe his best years are behind him , and young Walsh is more than capable of doing a job for JP here ...
By:
slickster
When: 20 Jan 15 22:29
Pipe was not renowned for his class animals wonks, certainly not in the early years. Never had many top class chasers capable of winning a Gold Cup. And the national is a 40 runner joke race now, who ANYONE can win.
By:
workrider
When: 20 Jan 15 22:35
You are not reading what I have ALREADY said ,plese reread my reply of 22.19 ..Where I CLEARLY state , Pipe would have allowed him ride in all the major races when he had no contender ,  AND THAT WAS A LOT OF THE TIME....
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 20 Jan 15 22:37
Hate to agree with Wonks but McCoy is an embarrassment when riding in Ireland! Have stated so on many threads. He looks like Danny Mullins when going over Jumps. Even when he wins such as the mare for Mullins in Fairyhouse a few weeks ago they wasn't much fluency in jumping.
By:
slickster
When: 20 Jan 15 22:40
Not as simple as that wonks. Very hard to win these races. McCoy has won them all at least once. From memory, he was rarely on a very fancied, short one.
By:
workrider
When: 20 Jan 15 22:42
Boychild , lets just agree to differ shall we ..
By:
neill d
When: 20 Jan 15 22:45
I still haven't got over the fact that he never looked remotely like getting MTOY to settle. Had 8's for the Champion and thought to myself on the day that surely to fck they'd have thought him something. McCoy did absolutely nothing for that horse, should have been an all-time great and now he is injured....
By:
neill d
When: 20 Jan 15 22:48
taught*
By:
slickster
When: 20 Jan 15 22:50
Your arguement holds no water wonky so you toddle off.
By:
kavvie
When: 20 Jan 15 22:52
hes good on bad horse and bad on good horses
By:
slickster
When: 20 Jan 15 22:56
Fair point kavvie. He should retire end of April after title number 20. He is in his 40's......
By:
neill d
When: 20 Jan 15 22:56
It's a cliche Kavvie. but it is one I would nearly agree with. I think a lot of the time in England, given that the jockeys often go off too quick, the latter few furlongs of a race are run slower and thus there is more time for him to make decisions, also in a slog, his strength comes to the fore as does his ability to get horses from one side of an obstacle to another. If every horse is stocious, fluency over the last couple ain't a prerequisite.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 20 Jan 15 23:00
I'd prefer to be ridden by Ruby. I like a man with finesse, who cajoles and works you into a nice rhythm.   No need for brutality imo.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com