Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paulie wallnuts
05 Apr 14 16:29
| Topic/replies: 3,239 | Blogger: paulie wallnuts's blog
Spends millions on duds.....and then gives away the Grand National winner.....
Pause Switch to Standard View Barry Connell strikes again.....
Show More
Report easygold October 21, 2014 6:36 PM BST
Now u have it Kavvie, there is not a race that happens I don`t re-watch and take notes. This fellow is a solid choice. Yes, he will make errors but not as many as Russell,McNamara, do.
Report paulie wallnuts October 21, 2014 6:47 PM BST
easygold.....go and have a lie down ......Heskin has never done fukk all and wouldn't hold Russells coat.....
Report easygold October 21, 2014 7:00 PM BST
P.W, what chance has he had........... again I will say, he won`t be out ridden by many jockeys out there. Pace,Position are his trademarks, that will stand for him. I don`t need to lie down........ I speak my mind and say what I want..... if it works out fine........ if not who cares
Report paulie wallnuts October 21, 2014 7:11 PM BST
He'd be outridden by Davy Russell not to mention the likes of Geraghty Walsh McCoy etc......
The way to look at easygold is when the big races come around......would you consider Heskin a negative if the other 5 or 6 horses were ridden by Walsh Geraghty McCoy Russell Townend......the answer of course is a definite yes.....
People retain the services of a rider because they know when he is riding for them well then he cant be riding against them.....would JP Giggy Mullins be worried if Heskin was riding a big danger to them in a race.....the answer of course is a definite no.....
Report tony57 October 21, 2014 7:18 PM BST
I think the kid is better than danny ..but im not sure hes up to were you have him easy..but I could be wrong..
Report easygold October 21, 2014 7:29 PM BST
U guy`s are comparing him to the big boy`s, I`m not (if u read what I said, THOSE guy`s are spoken for). Riders are on the best horses, but some jockey`s get those beaten.....Heskin is not in that league, he is well able........

And just to comment Mr Townsend is no way in the same league as Ger/Walsh that is for sure, way over-rated
Report tony57 October 21, 2014 7:32 PM BST
your jokeing right easy?....townend is class imo..give him a year or 2 after ruby gos..and he,ll be champ again if not before..townend has learned from the best..champ at 19?..over rated..
Report easygold October 21, 2014 7:37 PM BST
Too many error`s for my liking (producing a horse to a fence, falling, e.t.c) What your commenting Tony, is irrelevant, champion jockey ??? sure I cud name 20 jockeys that can ride for Mullins and will be champion jockey when Walsh goes. Walsh/Ger...... u are putting him in that league come on..
Report tony57 October 21, 2014 7:41 PM BST
riding for mullins yes I get your point but ruby was champ @18..townend 19..he lacks the tactical brain of ruby..but that will come..there is only 2 jocks ahead of him imo..geraghty and ruby..the kid has what it takes..
Report easygold October 21, 2014 7:45 PM BST
My opinion on him is that he is riding top horses/riding them out every day all ready, and he is getting the chance already I don`t see Walsh/Ger in him. Fehily, is a much better horseman...... by a long way and I`m sure u agree.
Report tony57 October 21, 2014 7:52 PM BST
no doubt noel is a great jockey..and he has the experience behind him..but ive watched townend since he came on the scene..and for me he is the one who will take over not just cos hes first jock to mullins..but his talent..they all make mistakes easy and 12 mths ago he went threw a poor period,but he was back riding well with ruby out..thats the lads problem, his patience
Report Arklearkle October 21, 2014 8:35 PM BST
We need poor oul Greaser here now to remind us the jockey did not matter although he probably did not believe it himself but he stirred the pot here many times with it. No way does BOC need a dedicated jockey. If he had a good one I would imagine he could get plenty of willing and capable jocks to take the mount.
Report GANT007 October 21, 2014 9:56 PM BST
If a very wealthy man wants his own jockey, so be it.
When you have a fair few horses it helps to have a lad on their backs you can trust.
Good luck to the lad, 1 or 2 trainers I know will be happy to put Heskin up on Barry Connells horses.
Report kingrat October 21, 2014 10:09 PM BST
connell is obviously a mug when it comes to the racing game.any gobsh1te with the arse out of his trousers in his local bookies could come up with a better strategy for him.Shocked
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 31, 2014 12:37 PM GMT
Adrian Heskin recorded a first winner in the colours of Barry Connell since his recently announced link-up with the top owner as Black Benny landed the Ennis Lifts Handicap Chase at Galway.

The Shane Broderick-trained gelding was produced by Heskin to challenge on the long run-in, and held the renewed effort of Rogue Angel by a neck.
The pair drew over five lengths clear of Down Under in third, with the front-running Aranhill Chief weakening after the last to finish fifth in this 2m6f event.
Connell said, “He looked well handicapped on his second to King Vuvuzela, and he’d a nice run on the flat at Roscommon. Adrian said he was getting tired at the end.
“He wants goodish ground, and maybe he’ll go for a handicap at Leopardstown over Christmas. He had a leg and was off for a year but has been a grand old servant.”

Reflecting on the reasons for Adrian Heskin to replace Danny Mullins as his retained rider, Connell said,
“Adrian is very good over an obstacle, and is strong in a finish. He’s got all you’d need in a rider.

“He’s spent quite a bit of time with Enda Bolger. Enda is a good judge and rates him highly.”
Heskin said, “It’s great to get off the mark for Barry, and hopefully it’s onwards and upwards from here.”
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 31, 2014 1:20 PM GMT
Lets see how good HESKY is today then, 3 rides today (one for Barry) - 9/1, 25/1 & 9/2 ew trix

31Oct14 Dow 22Y 4y+ HcapHdl (13K) Varene De Vauzelle Michael Hourigan 10-9 85 (for Northern owners ?)
31Oct14 Dow 20Y 4y+ NovCh (12K) Vive La France A J Martin 11-10 0 (lacks experience BUT a great prospect imvho)
31Oct14 Dow 16Y 4y+ HcapCh (15K) Obispo C A McBratney 10-10 116 (Local fancy to beat Sizing)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 31, 2014 1:29 PM GMT
paulie wallnuts  • April 5, 2014 5:13 PM BST 
I don't begrudge the man at all mitch......but I don't feel sorry for him if things don't go the way they should.....I think his pig headidness will get him the results that it deserves......I don't like the stance he took with Philip Fenton though.....

paulie wallnuts  • June 27, 2014 7:47 PM BST 
Kavvie.......he has done what O leary and McManus didn't deem necessary......desert a sinking ship.....barry wasn't waiting for his feet to get wet.....classy fella.....

paulie wallnuts  • June 28, 2014 12:10 PM BST 
On the racing post today......he has plenty trainers he should be taking horses from......in fact a good share of trainers he uses are rubbish.....Fenton isn't one of them......
Barry surrounds himself with sub standard operators......jockeys trainers advisers.....so nothing he does is a surprise.....

WHAT's your verdict on
1. Philip now ?
2. Barry's 'subsequent' position ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 11, 2014 8:38 PM GMT
WR ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 22, 2014 6:52 PM GMT
?
Report paulie wallnuts November 22, 2014 7:50 PM GMT
My verdict on Philip is that he is in the unfortunate position of losing his livelihood for committing an offence which most of his compatriots have been guilty of at some stage if not all their careers ..... Feel sorry for the man as he is more than capable as a racehorse trainer ....my opinion on Connell is that he is an egotistical idiot who is getting the success that his actions deserve.... Apart from the tullow tank... Not one horse of any consequence ....and that is after blowing millions and millions on the game ....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 22, 2014 11:00 PM GMT
ty
Report paulie wallnuts November 27, 2014 10:41 PM GMT
Golantilla looked a smart horse today with an impressive victory in a hotly contested maiden hurdle....already looking a snip at the paltry 375k purchase price ....and that was a very promising run from burton hall in that bumper ....well found in the market 8/1 to 7/2....and you could see exactly why .... The horse in the first cost over 300k and also looks well bought whilst the French purchase mister red acquitted himself well also and looks a sure fire winner next time. All in all it has to be a very satisfying day for Barry and the team....
Report workrider November 27, 2014 10:44 PM GMT
Sarcastic to say the least Walnutt , Golantilla is not the horse they thought him to be...
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle November 29, 2014 10:14 PM GMT
Golantilla was poor at Thurles....I think its a horrible ploughed field of a track but he was not very impressive.

Should have gone Novice chasing with him, he is a right bull of a horse and for me wasting a season over hurdles is exactly what they are doing wasting a season.
Report paulie wallnuts November 29, 2014 10:22 PM GMT
Ruby .....it was the same ploughed field max dynamite flew through an hour earlier....Golantilla isn't worth two squirts of a nanny goats pisss.....it was a shocking race and if every horse ran on it's merits in the race it wouldn't even have won....and as for going chasing.....mark my words .... Tramore would be his only hope of winning a beginners.....
Report wildmanfromborneo November 29, 2014 10:34 PM GMT
Its not a ploughed field of a track,its a track that can take all types of weather.

The ground had nothing to do with the Golantilla run,he is just a horse that has regressed,some bookies actually cut this beast for Cheltenham.
The second wasn't off,I doubt if Golantilla will ever win again.
Report punchestown November 30, 2014 3:26 AM GMT
If it wasn't for bad luck B C would have no luck at all..
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle November 30, 2014 12:18 PM GMT
I think that says more about Max Dynamite than the track.

Tbh I would Barry Connell to win some big races with his horses...he invests a lot in the game and while his purchases have been very poor the loss of Our Connor his luck has been out.

I think The Tullow Tank will win today and give him and the Hughes team a great day out.
Report paulie wallnuts November 30, 2014 12:26 PM GMT
Its d day for all concerned today.....big test for the rider in this race.....plenty of runners so track position will be paramount....I fancy it myself as long as it gets average luck....
You make your own luck is what they say though.....like you very often make your bad luck.....
Report punchestown November 30, 2014 2:15 PM GMT
TTT,very far back through the race but not good enough on the day,surely is better than what we saw today?
Report norn iron November 30, 2014 2:25 PM GMT
PUNCH  NOT SURE BUT THATS ONLY HIS 2ND CHASE AND DIDNT JUMP FLUET EITHER RACE   AND WAS VERY DECENT FIELD AND THINK HE NOT top CLASS BUT STILL CAN WIN GOOD RACES
Report paulie wallnuts November 30, 2014 2:26 PM GMT
Nothing rider.....totally out of his depth.....but who knows who is influencing him....was in the wrong position from flagfall.....on the evidence of todays effort.....Barry after spending many millions on horses now has NO horse of any consequence.....
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle November 30, 2014 2:32 PM GMT
Shocking effort....you wonder.......
Report gutfeeling November 30, 2014 2:36 PM GMT
Don't think TTT is Graded class over fences myself unless they rob a weak midweek race, Just what I thought after his chase debut.
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods November 30, 2014 2:39 PM GMT
You replace Danny Mullins with Adrian Heskin. It's like swapping one Chuckle brother for the other.

Barry obviously has more money than sense.
Report tony57 November 30, 2014 2:53 PM GMT
a bad run to be fair..but writing the horse off after one bad run may be a touch premature? especially if the jockey was a hindrance instead of any help?
Report Arklearkle November 30, 2014 3:11 PM GMT
Dont think its as simple as just the jockey.
Report paulie wallnuts November 30, 2014 3:36 PM GMT
The biggest problem is the owner.....he is very much hands on.....and as long as that continues......the yellow colours will be the kiss of death.....
Report tony57 November 30, 2014 3:40 PM GMT
you may of hit the nail on the head paulie
Report CheltenhamRoar November 30, 2014 3:59 PM GMT
He's as slow as a boat,4 miler at the Festival awaits.....
Report by purpose January 11, 2015 3:43 PM GMT
Has found a great replacement for Danny......
Report paulie wallnuts January 11, 2015 4:38 PM GMT
The worst ride of the day bar none......but as I have said before Connell will get everything his foolhardy approach deserves......
A winnable race.....the trainer's son who's the greatest rider of all time is available.....and they choose to leave him in the weighing room.....you get your just rewards making choices like that......
Report tony57 January 11, 2015 4:51 PM GMT
carnt say your wrong paulie..but as I just said..the HORSE is a disappointment ..found very little ..
Report CheltenhamRoar January 11, 2015 4:55 PM GMT
Heskin was dreadful nothing to do with the horse who was full of running at the line
Report tony57 January 11, 2015 4:58 PM GMT
the horse never looked like winning chelts..2-3 out it got behind, the winner always had it held?
Report punchestown January 11, 2015 4:59 PM GMT
Heskin and Danny are horns on the same bull,not much between them and certainly not worth the change,if anything Danny's confidence has improved since leaving the post.
Report paulie wallnuts January 11, 2015 5:02 PM GMT
The blame should be apportioned entirely to the owner and nobody else......he is the one making the decisions.....he may be the one paying the piper.....but its not a very sweet tune that he's calling for.....
He surrounds himself with people who aren't in a position to tell him that he hasn't got a clue......does anybody think Ruby Walsh would stand for his nonsense.....or that he wouldn't get Champagne James to win today.....I don't think so.....
The bottom line is if you don't know what you are doing in any walk of life.....things will not go as smoothly as you hope.....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 11, 2015 5:08 PM GMT
*Thorns
Report kavvie January 11, 2015 5:09 PM GMT
paulies right.if you always do what you always done.you will always get what you always got..why does he need a retained jockey anyway?how much is he paying ah?  not a lot id hope..
Report kingrat January 11, 2015 5:46 PM GMT
giz us a winner paulie or stfu,a boring auld git!
Report CheltenhamRoar January 21, 2015 5:20 PM GMT
Horses just seem to regress in his colours
Report firstimevisor January 21, 2015 9:29 PM GMT
The 10-1 about foxrock for the hennessy looks good value to my eyes
Report CheltenhamRoar January 21, 2015 9:50 PM GMT
Why not run him in the Gold Cup?
Report neill d January 21, 2015 10:01 PM GMT
Do both maybe? Twould be a bad Hennesey that he would win though unless Ted has him a real slow burn to mind his mark. No point now as it is probably clear that he is better at shorter than the extreme distances of the nationals.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 21, 2015 10:27 PM GMT
I've a funny feeling he'd run a big race in the GC,But ted too busy trying to fob us all off looking after his handicap mark
Report neill d January 21, 2015 10:39 PM GMT
Extreme distance (over 3miles) does bring average and classy horses closer together. Plenty of average horses placed in the GC in the last few years.
Report CheltenhamRoar January 21, 2015 10:43 PM GMT
Far too many neill,Ye only have to look at last years renewal,Ye can add the winner to that category too.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 28, 2015 3:26 PM GMT
HENNESSEY 8th Feb...

Boston Bob (7/2), On His Own (4), Carlingford Lough (9/2), Lord Windermere (6), Foxrock (8), Shutthefrontdoor (10), First Lieutenant (16), Unioniste (16).
Report paulie wallnuts January 28, 2015 4:50 PM GMT
Jacket please.....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 28, 2015 6:13 PM GMT
HENNESSEY 8th Feb...

Boston Bob (7/2), On His Own (4), Carlingford Lough (9/2), Lord Windermere (6), Foxrock (8), Shutthefrontdoor (10), First Lieutenant (16), Unioniste (16).
Report paulie wallnuts January 28, 2015 6:29 PM GMT
Once would have done ya headbanger.... Jacket please...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 28, 2015 7:53 PM GMT
HENNESSEY 8th Feb...

WHAT odds will FOXROCK be on the day ?
Report workrider January 28, 2015 9:06 PM GMT
I'll be a layer on the day no matter what price he is , no chance imo...
Report by purpose February 10, 2015 4:55 PM GMT
What a circus..
Report neill d February 10, 2015 4:57 PM GMT
Woeful trainer, average jockey, wasteful owner.
Report mincer11 April 5, 2016 12:35 PM BST
Heskin sacked now , who's next for the poisoned chalice ?
It doesn't matter who rides them Barry as long as the current situation remains the same .
Fleming is supposed to have a virus, he has alright , it's one with two legs.
Report Racingqueen April 5, 2016 2:07 PM BST
he gave Tully East some ride at Cheltenham.(surely the last straw)
Report firstimevisor April 5, 2016 2:14 PM BST
Shane Shortall rode Tully East
Report kavvie April 5, 2016 2:15 PM BST
why not try get paul townend or the like?
Report firstimevisor April 5, 2016 2:23 PM BST
Townend is not, in a million years, giving up what he has now for Heskin's job
Report kavvie April 5, 2016 2:26 PM BST
if he got enough of a retainer?
Report firstimevisor April 5, 2016 2:28 PM BST
No chance Kavvie, he's going to inherit the best job in racing some day. The no 2 job is one of the best in the business anyway
Report Racingqueen April 5, 2016 2:45 PM BST
i stand corrected FTV. Talking out of my 0
Report Racingqueen April 5, 2016 2:47 PM BST
jaysus Townend wouldn't go within a mile of this job. Connell will be lucky to get any vaguely decent jock to take the role
Report Arklearkle April 5, 2016 8:49 PM BST
No way will PT be taking this job.
Report cloone river April 5, 2016 11:30 PM BST
Maybe he should ride them himself?
Report workrider April 6, 2016 11:00 AM BST
Laugh
Report wildmanfromborneo April 6, 2016 11:03 AM BST
Who would take that job,they good jockeys won't be clamouring for it.
Report mincer11 April 6, 2016 12:11 PM BST
There is talk that a man coming back from Britain is going to get the job.
A nice cowardly hombre too, and a proper bawlixx to go with it .
Report cloone river April 6, 2016 12:37 PM BST
Would it be D.O.R mincer?
Report tony57 April 6, 2016 12:52 PM BST
it is a joke, the man should stick with his jockey our use best available? all this just makes him look stupid
Report kavvie April 6, 2016 1:50 PM BST
i think the reason tony was that a few years ago one particular jockey from the cork area famously didnt carry out instructions.he vowed then to get his own trustworthy jockey..
Report mincer11 April 7, 2016 9:45 AM BST
That's him cloone river, a match made in heaven .
Report snorlax April 7, 2016 10:56 AM BST
Anybody saying  O Regan's cowardly doesn't know the man whatsoever,i'm not hios biggest fan but he's as stubborn as a mule and i can see himself and Barry having plenty of fallouts.
Report Racingqueen April 7, 2016 3:55 PM BST
why does Connell think he needs a retained rider? Hes not exactly flush with top class animals
Report workrider April 7, 2016 4:36 PM BST
Peace of mind Queenie.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan April 7, 2016 4:38 PM BST
Just in case DAVY changes his (mind)
Report workrider April 7, 2016 4:56 PM BST
Laugh spot on Catch.
Report gemini01 April 7, 2016 7:35 PM BST
Amazes me how he so wealthy with all the poor decisions he makes surrounding his horse racing business/hobby, whatever it is to him
Report mincer11 May 13, 2016 8:00 PM BST
Snorlax, anyone who thinks O Regan isn't cowardly should have a look at his ride on Tilliver.
Report wildmanfromborneo May 13, 2016 8:17 PM BST
That's his style of riding.
I personally hate it,I always considered ORegan overdoes the waiting tactics as well as being weak in a finish.
Can't see this last because ORegan can make rides look much worse than they are,this optical illusion will tip Barry over the edge.
Report Temlett May 13, 2016 9:20 PM BST
DOR is also one of the biggest twits in the weigh room by all accounts.

Perversely that may work in his favour with Connell.
Report neill d May 14, 2016 12:22 AM BST
In the sense that the previous too lads were probably a bit too honest, and would put their hands up for a mistake, Temlett?

Watching Davy Russell at Cheltenham, he is so far clear of everything else available that Connell must have a massive grievance not to use him. O'Regan is naturally gifted but has a total lack of tactical acumen. Russell is ways clear of Richard Johnson in the big races not to mind someone who rides about 200 winners a year less.
Report neill d May 14, 2016 12:22 AM BST
two*
Report by purpose May 15, 2016 3:11 PM BST
Coco the Clown has no job at the moment if ur stuck Barry.Forget that because you deserve each other......
Report punchestown May 15, 2016 10:58 PM BST
Can't see how DO'R is going to improve things,rode like a 7lb claimer today.
Report mincer11 July 5, 2016 8:37 PM BST
A smart recruit there, real nice prospect.
Report mincer11 November 26, 2016 8:06 PM GMT
Now that Willie  Mullins has unleashed his battalion, when is Barry going to release his ?
Report mincer11 November 26, 2016 8:06 PM GMT
Now that Willie  Mullins has unleashed his battalion, when is Barry going to release his ?
Report CALLING CARD November 26, 2016 10:23 PM GMT
D O R from your  MINCER  whats wrong with him , does he not play ball like DNR ,anyway when are ur battalions going to run
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com