Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lustrumm
26 Jan 14 14:41
| Topic/replies: 2,601 | Blogger: lustrumm's blog
After that run. That was as good a prep race for March as you will see.
Pause Switch to Standard View Love to be on Our Connor for Cheltenham
Show More
Report workrider January 26, 2014 6:08 PM GMT
Cant see Annie EVER going over fences Callit , they would be mad to even think of it , she has nothing more to prove imo ...Neill your take BB was spot on , i think they thought the same way as yourself till kyesterday that is , cant see him making it now , re J , I can see where you're coming from with that , very much in the melting pot , and JP will have all the angles worked out before committing to anything , its worth a few quid imo...Good luck if you go with it...
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 6:14 PM GMT
Ricci stated that the only thing that stopped him going over fences this year, was to potentially have a crack at the CH. I personally think Ruby and Willie will hoodwink him into going the WH route, but what that does imply is that chasing is certainly on the owners radar.
Report workrider January 26, 2014 6:28 PM GMT
Callit , i missed that interview , i think they are insane they go the chasing route with her ...Surely they will breed from her , putting her over fences is dangerous and asking for trouble...
Report neill d January 26, 2014 6:30 PM GMT
I'd be of the opinion that the reason Champagne Fever beat MTOY last season was that the latter never settled and had little left at the end of the race.

She looks an ideal Arkle candidate to me in that she is huge, gets further but has the pace, plus she has course form.

I could definitely see them going that route as the Arkle is a far more prestigious race than the World Hurdle to most racing people.
If she were to win an arkle, than they could be getting into the realms of Dawn Run and the Gold Cup.

I think she will go chasin g as the usual rules with regard to protecting an asset are outweighed by prestige and occasion when one has money like Ricci.
Report neill d January 26, 2014 6:34 PM GMT
I'm not sure that Breeding comes into it as much in National Hunt Racing, especially to someone like Ricci who hasn't shown any inclination to enter that world. He'd rather buy the ready made and enjoy racehorses for being racehorses. Given her size, I'd say she could hard enough call on which stallion to choose. I think her pedigree is German (Shirocco), which means I guess they'd probably go with a NH son of Saddlers Wells, (not too big), but then they could fall between too stools. Bolger is heavily involved in breeding and I'd say there is a reason he got rid of her.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 6:50 PM GMT
Ricci is nobody's fool, he won't be hoodwinked by anyone.  But does he want to rattle the relationship by going against Willie's wishes, probably not?
Report neill d January 26, 2014 7:03 PM GMT
No doubt he isn't Ozy and if she doesn't go exactly where he envisaged it will no doubt be due to what you have described there.

In fact, in the last week he has mentioned in interview that he is cognisant that Willie has 'a stable of horses to mind' and that he two considers that in what he requests from his trainer.

I would say he is a particularly perceptive individual as if you look at where he came from, particularly where he went to Uni and what he worked in originally... it is not the well-trodden path for someone who ends up in a position like his. He is probably a remarkably bright fella, or at the least brilliant in serving his own best interests.
Report punchestown January 26, 2014 7:46 PM GMT
Think the fact That Ruby won't be getting off HF will play a big part in Ricci and Une De Sceaux's owners decision.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 8:02 PM GMT
sent you a PM on the subject Neill.
Report neill d January 26, 2014 8:34 PM GMT
Thanks Ozy, very interesting stuff. I've just pm'ed you back there..
Report slickster January 27, 2014 12:34 AM GMT
Firstly, at least spell the horse's name right. OUR CONOR. One "n". No point starting a thread and not getting the basics right is there? Secondly, the Champion Hurdle winner will not be trained in Ireland. Our Conor? You having a laugh?
Report Kelly January 27, 2014 2:42 AM GMT
Richters , knew he was still active , may have just turned 50 . I was talking to him after the Down vs Meath charity event in Newry and I mentioned the sprinting , but gathered he had not done a lot in that regard in 2013. And Pete took him off in that match despite the fact that he was probably the fittest guy out there ( Gary Mason aside , heart attack , stents et al ) . Good for him anyway , Mickey is a gentleman .
Report workrider January 27, 2014 1:27 PM GMT
Thickster , thats about as good as it gets for you , correcting someone's spellings ..Like the rest of your motley crew , a coward and always ready to knock , when called upon to show your hand , you RUN with the best of t, off with ya son...
Report lustrumm January 27, 2014 2:21 PM GMT
I would call someone out on it myself so no offence taken.

I agree with DJ that Danny Mullins is no help but he didn't do a lot wrong yesterday. He will do for me in Cheltenham.
Yesterday was the day for the Hurricane and perhaps Punchestown again. Cheltenham I say they will look on as a bonus.

Our Conor has 1 objective all year namely the Cheltenham Champion Hurdle.

Have a look back at the race again. He had Hurricane Fly stone cold at the last.
Report paulie wallnuts January 27, 2014 2:59 PM GMT
Danny Mullins wouldn't win the county hurdle on Our Conor off 10st......he is one of the biggest liabilities riding.....and is almost unbackable in any race.....let alone a race as competitive as this years champion hurdle.....where every good and brilliant jockey that's riding is on a fancied runner......
Walsh...Geraghty...McCoy.....Townend....Twiston Davies....and then ya hav Danny......with no big race experience as well......
You only have to look at the winners yesterday....and the trainers and their jockeys.....to see what a difference top riders/jockeys make.....and you need both on the big occasion as yesterday proves......theres no good bringing McCoy.....and then combining him with the likes of......hair gel Nolan.....and tight pants Jessica.....
Report kingrat January 27, 2014 4:04 PM GMT
"Have a look back at the race again. He had Hurricane Fly stone cold at the last."

yeah right!why didnt he win then?imo the fly was winning going away.if our conor could not find it after a muddling pace,i dont think it will find it in a red hot pace of a champion hld.
Report silvergreaser January 27, 2014 4:10 PM GMT
and Paulie horses win races........
Report Arklearkle January 27, 2014 5:22 PM GMT
...... and Silver the real good ones win nearly all their races and dont need excuses. I can see Our Conor beating The Fly eventually - probably the day after The Flys 20th birthday but only if he is still suffering from a birthday party hang-over.
Report paulie wallnuts January 27, 2014 5:28 PM GMT
Our Conor has the worst jockey.....and isn't the best horse.....how in gods name can he win.....people looking for all sorts of different angles.....a bit like that ape James Willoughby on RUK.....when the simplest thing to do....is just look at it logically.....it came to win yesterday.....on its favoured ground......got  a ride as good as its ever going to get from the chap aboard.....got a better jumnp at the last.....and still didn't win......
Will run its race at the festival.....but cannot win....the only thing in its favour is its jumping.....but with little Dan on top....even that could change......
Report roadrunner46 January 27, 2014 6:08 PM GMT
our connor seems to be making progress, getting closer to the fly, as regards yesterdays race you couldnt fancy anything other than the fly even with a bruised foot. havent seen the race so wouldnt pass comment on how they were finishing the race off, just reading the RP comments, think hes getting better myself.
Report Mr Mischief January 27, 2014 6:14 PM GMT

Jan 27, 2014 -- 11:22AM, Arklearkle wrote:

...... and Silver the real good ones win nearly all their races and dont need excuses. I can see Our Conor beating The Fly eventually - probably the day after The Flys 20th birthday but only if he is still suffering from a birthday party hang-over.

Laugh
And how they will all say they were right all along.

Report almera January 27, 2014 6:53 PM GMT
Our Connor could win the CH but for me Mullins will end up costing him any chance..If they put Cooper back on the they would have a great chance.
Report Slabster January 27, 2014 6:58 PM GMT
if our conor could not find it after a muddling pace,i dont think it will find it in a red hot pace of a champion hld.

I'd disagree Kingrat. I think a faster pace will suit Our Conor better, he has a very high cruising speed and isn't best suited to a sprint finish imo. If I was an Our Conor backer I'd be hoping he gets a more positive ride and makes his challenger earlier than he did in Leopardstown.

Hats off to The Fly though, what a champion he is, be fantastic to see him win another Champion Hurdle.
Report kavvie January 27, 2014 7:07 PM GMT
our conor kicked early in triumph and had race won a long way out.id say thats what will happen this year too.
Report kingrat January 27, 2014 10:08 PM GMT
ok,will our conor fans on here at least concede that it has to find improvement?and in 6 weeks?imo it was beaten fair and square yesterday.i just dont buy excuses like fitness,ground and riding tactics.
  i think alot of punters latch onto a horse for whatever reason and our conor is 1 of them.the question these punters should be asking, is our conor good enough?to my eyes and imho it is not.
Report slickster January 27, 2014 10:12 PM GMT
kavvie, do you really believe Our Conor is going to be able to do what you say in the Champion Hurdle? Got away with it against 4 year olds but to do that against the quality of opposition he is going to face??????????????? Not a hope.
Report workrider January 27, 2014 10:17 PM GMT
Another gem from the clown Thickster , his last 3 opinions have left him red faced ...Compo his companion  does not understand horse fitness ..So i'd pay no attention to the dynamic duo Kavvie...
Report Slabster January 27, 2014 10:20 PM GMT
I wouldn't consider myself an Our Conor 'fan' Kingrat but he has his chance, think he's a bit short at 6/1 though.

Needs to improve again but a Champion Hurdle should suit him better than yesterday's race.
Report richters January 27, 2014 10:24 PM GMT
kingtwat trying to talk about horse racing now after being exposed last nite,well at least its better than  one of his darts followed by a million full stops followed by 1000s smiley faces.......well done twatser.......credit were jew....
Report kingrat January 27, 2014 10:30 PM GMT
whats yre read dickie on the champion hld?no need to be scared to put yre self on the record.the forum has forgiven u on yre new york thread.Laughall them hours driving around in yre transit,u must have plenty of time to contemplate.Wink
Report richters January 27, 2014 10:36 PM GMT
twatser please slow down now and go back to the top and read the thread in full now,thats a good boy and when you see richters stop and read.....stop and read,now slowly twatser,we know you jump in with both feet after only reading the last line of a thread.....that a boy twatser,and remember most importantly your logged in as kingtwat tonight,as yet c ock or oz havent made an apperance....hope this clarifies my position.....
Report slickster January 27, 2014 10:36 PM GMT
No red face here wonks. You plainly have no clue what you're talking about. Our Conor to do the same in the Champion that he did in the Triumph? Give it up you silly old fool. Sure you don't even know bookies guarantee prices on singles ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go on, off to bed with ya...
Report workrider January 27, 2014 10:39 PM GMT
Just like you said turban would beat wahhab ...You stick to what you're good at mate , picking your nose ....Laugh
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 10:44 PM GMT
Da Fly ate him at Xmas.

Da Fly ate him yesterday. (despite the Combined Forces laying the gusset ouwa him)

Da Fly will ate him in March. Even if Dessie cuts the carbs (hay) between now and then.
Report richters January 27, 2014 10:47 PM GMT
knew ye werent far away......beat to a pulp last nite and all ye could come out with was a load of anti republican guff.....well that was the white flag if ever i saw one when i read that this evening......
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 10:49 PM GMT
dickie, with respect, you wouldn't beat you way out of a Union jack liveried paper bag.
Report richters January 27, 2014 10:52 PM GMT
the neutrals know when they read....they can draw their own conclusions....another very productive day 4 ye 2day oz,no work for the civil servant twatser either,your gona have to start writing all this stuff down or you will keep tripping up MATE.....
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 10:54 PM GMT
no need, Freddiek is keeping notes, I believe he is doing a biography (unauthorised) of me.
Report richters January 27, 2014 11:00 PM GMT
you keep believing that.....how do ye know that when ye have him blocked......why keep up the act when everyone knows whats going on like its all got so choreographed......the rock has obviously taken a back seat after being exposed b4 but why keep it going....your an aged man ffs,what kicks does it give ye to come on here with all these moronic characters,is ozy meant to be the intelligent is that what ultimately gives you the buzz.....i really dont know......
Report richters January 27, 2014 11:07 PM GMT
ozy if you can explain the sequence of posts to me you have my word i will say no more on the matter and also how last night and today for the first time we have seen yourself and twatser discuss in depth a race or races instead of the usual barrage of insults and smileys..........

Ozymandius
Ozymandius 26 Jan 14 19:31 Joined: 01 Jul 11 | Topic/replies: 7,774 | Blogger: Ozymandius's blog
Dickie, shouldn't that be €€€€€€€€€€€'s? Or then again I suppose it's natural for you to think in the Queen's shilling Laugh
Rate reply:
| report block user
richters
richters 26 Jan 14 19:41 Joined: 27 Jan 12 | Topic/replies: 7,739 | Blogger: richters's blog
twatser that was a really insightful and witty reply,u will drive me off the forum with such below the belt talk......ozy surely as a man that spends 16hrs a day plus on betfair even you can see the niche in the kingtwatser laying strategy....no??
Rate reply:
| report block user
Ozymandius
Ozymandius 26 Jan 14 19:42 Joined: 01 Jul 11 | Topic/replies: 7,774 | Blogger: Ozymandius's blog
Euro down here mate Wink
Rate reply:
| report block user
richters
richters 26 Jan 14 19:44 Joined: 27 Jan 12 | Topic/replies: 7,739 | Blogger: richters's blog
wrong username oz...sure u live in england......and oz never uses the word mate.....
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 11:08 PM GMT
I saw what Freddie is up to when you posted his posts last night, he has a dossier of my quotes going years back Laugh

Your paranoia is getting the better of you, Dickie my old mucker.  Imagining X is Y and Y is Z.,its like something out of a Spy Novel.

Could you not get an 'auld smart phone so you could have da craic with us during the day when you are doing your rounds?
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 11:10 PM GMT
any gobsh1te can discuss a race in depth!  And where dd it get us?  Nowhere!
Report kingrat January 27, 2014 11:10 PM GMT
dickie  is like a little terrier.u give it a kick up the hole and it scampers away squealing.and then it comes back a day later(too dense to remember) making a nuisance of itself and u give it another kick up the hole!LaughLaughLaugh
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 11:11 PM GMT
It is safe to say that Dickie did not bag himself any O levels.
Report richters January 27, 2014 11:14 PM GMT
the point is why would you tell me shudnt that be €€€€€€s dickie and ten minutes later tell me its EURO down here MATE wink.......you forgot to switch usernames oz.....simple as that.......,explain it and il keep my word and say no more.......
Report richters January 27, 2014 11:17 PM GMT
ozy admittedly ive no degree but my 8 gcses b grade and better,a btec national diploma in the built environment and aHNC in the built environment entitles me to see through your fantasy life.......
Report richters January 27, 2014 11:25 PM GMT
waitin for an explanation of the sequence.....twatser has gone too i see......convenient....
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 11:27 PM GMT
So you never sat the A levels? (aka The Leaving Certificate in Ireland)

And does anyone have any idea of what the term 'built environmnet' refers to.  I certainly don't.
Report richters January 27, 2014 11:30 PM GMT
the question at hand ozy you seem to be conveniently trying to divert to the built environment,try your best friend mr google......
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 11:30 PM GMT
The term built environment refers to the human-made surroundings that provide the setting for human activity, ranging in scale from buildings and parks or green space to neighborhoods and cities that can often include their supporting infrastructure, such as water supply, or energy networks. The built environment is a material, spatial and cultural product of human labor that combines physical elements and energy in forms for living, working and playing. It has been defined as “the human-made space in which people live, work, and recreate on a day-to-day basis”.[1] The “built environment encompasses places and spaces created or modified by people including buildings, parks, and transportation systems”. In recent years, public health research has expanded the definition of "built environment" to include healthy food access, community gardens, “walkability", and “bikability”.[2]

What kind of BS is that?  No wonder you are driving a Transit.
Report richters January 27, 2014 11:33 PM GMT
answer the question please?whats your qualifications oz?
Report richters January 27, 2014 11:34 PM GMT
poke fun all ye want oz the only one your showing up again is yourself
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 11:36 PM GMT
No chance of me revealing my qualifications on here.  It's bad enough that freddiek knows my Alma Mater.
Report richters January 27, 2014 11:37 PM GMT
the matter in hand please oz or should i say the €€€€€ EUROS MATE......just a simple explanation will do....
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 11:38 PM GMT
i on't eve begin to understand t r question Dickie
Report richters January 27, 2014 11:40 PM GMT
course ye on`t.......your a BLUFFER and all on here knows it......
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 11:40 PM GMT
I don't even begin to understand ur question, Dickie.

I have only one other username on here, itcanbedone, THATS IT!

And why the above dialogue would convince you otherwise...i have no idea.  it is simply not true!  loosen up a bit, man.
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 11:41 PM GMT
Good night, Dickie.
Report kingrat January 27, 2014 11:52 PM GMT
tbf i dont think dickie is all there.i am not an expert in the field but by his posts he shows all the signs of a sociopath.paranoid,anti social,angry,resentful.he gets so wound up by posters on an anonymous forum.wtf is that all about?have u considered dickie going to see a docter?
Report kavvie January 28, 2014 12:00 AM GMT
read what i said lads.i said he would kick further out, like he did in the triumph.i didnt say it will work.but tactically it might...if he got them all off it at bottom of the hill and ran up the hill like he did last year...from the time he kicked last year, triumph or no triumph, he done some unreal sectional times.thats my opinion on how they will ride him.
Report richters January 28, 2014 12:01 AM GMT
UNBELIEVABLE...........and the customary spelling mistake and no smileys.....just UNBELIEVABLE....bring on the the c ock......he will soon sign in via mobile device........A SAD SAD SAD INDIVIDUAL........
Report kingrat January 28, 2014 12:11 AM GMT
gl with that kav.personally i think u have talked yre self into our conor being the best thing since sliced bread,the evidence is just  not there imo.take it slow dickie and get help.fwiw dickie i dont care what u do but dont bring any innocents into yre crap.
Report richters January 28, 2014 12:24 AM GMT
away to bed wif u ffs,up 4 work in the civil service in the morning now......now that your new persona is all nicey nicey wif those you classified as mugs only days ago.....its wonderful what a good beating does........a pure waste of fresh air thats all i can say.....do ye not get sick of it day in day out.......people can see through this act,discussing horses all serious now wif the very people you were throwing insults at daily.......wasnt that long ago ozy didnt follow osses at all,now his fava owned osses ( mostly flat )and now he would rather have his sleepy monday nights at ballinrobe and windsor than the hustle bustle of cheltenham....like its really just unreal sorta behaviour......if he ever goes to ballinrobe i just hope he sends the kingtwat character cos therd be plenty of his type in ballinrobe maybe a bit rough for the more sports jacket wearing ozy....
Report Slabster January 28, 2014 1:00 PM GMT
Thought there might be a few posts about Our Conor or the Champion Hurdle when I looked in but 90% nonsense mud slinging.
Report kingrat January 28, 2014 4:36 PM GMT
i absolutely agree with u slab but what can u do?ok,i will get the thread back on track.tbh i have not made my mind up yet on the champion hld but i have wrote off our conor and jezki.i think u have got to wait until wpm shows his hand.
Report Slabster January 28, 2014 5:54 PM GMT
Be great to see him run the three horses but (and I'm only guessing) Un De Sceaux might go to Aintree? I do think Annie Power will run in the Champion though.
Report paulie wallnuts January 28, 2014 6:14 PM GMT
Un De Sceaux is a certainty to run in the champion hurdle.......he guarantees a suicidal pace.....which suits everyone.....
Report Slabster January 28, 2014 6:44 PM GMT
A slow pace would inconvenience the others more than Hurricane Fly.
Report paulie wallnuts January 28, 2014 6:57 PM GMT
there is going to be pacemakers if un de sceaux doesn't run.....my tent and the new one will both have one.....but they wont need one as no pacemaker will be able to go like un de sceaux.....I don't see the doubt over his participation.....there is no other race for him.....hes a certainty to run.....a lot more likely than annie power.....
Report dj876 January 28, 2014 7:24 PM GMT
Are you basing your opinion on him being a certainty to run because it seems likely that the plan has now been diverted to Sandown ( RH again)against Melodic Rendezvous (won't be in the first half of dozen in champion but a step up from Foildubh and Aktara) on Saturday instead of another egg and spoon race (red mills) at Gowran or are you certain he will run in Champion?

There seems to have been a change in plan because these non-contests so far on right handed tracks are hardly an ideal champion hurdle route.
Report Slabster January 28, 2014 7:47 PM GMT
The New One won't have a pacemaker Paulie. How do you know My Tent Or Yours will have one? I hope Un De Sceaux does run but it's not a  certainty in my opinion. I think Annie is more likely of the pair but am hopeful they'll both turn up.
Report callitasucit January 28, 2014 7:54 PM GMT
I will be amazed if AP runs in Champion. She looks like she will definitely be better over further than 2 miles, and her jumping wont come under as much pressure in the WH. But the most important factor is, Ruby and Willie wont have it. I don't care what either say in public, they will have Ricci convinced by declaration time, that the WH is the way to go. He will probably event think its his idea!!
If AP runs in the CH, then Ruby might win neither race. If she runs in WH, he is much more likely to win one of them, and holds every chance of winning both.
If anyone was offering evens on her running in WH(assuming she gets there safely), I would have a good wager with them.
Report Slabster January 28, 2014 8:09 PM GMT
I'd strongly disagree Callit. I'd fancy her to run well in either race but I'd consider the Champion her most likely port of call. Her three options for her latest run were, according to Mullins, Doncaster, Leopardstown, or a Champion Hurdle trial in England. All over two miles which would not be an ideal prep for a first try at three miles in the World Hurdle. He made no mention of either the Cleeve or Gowran. She subsequently ran quite keen at Doncaster which would surely be in Ricci's mind regarding the World Hurdle.

It's no secret that she was kept over hurdles because Ricci wanted to see if she's a Champion Hurdle mare. In terms of prestige the Champion Hurdle is a world apart from a World Hurdle from me. That's obviously a matter of opinion but Ricci strikes me as the kind of guy to have a go at the big time.

When she ran at Cheltenham, Ruby stated that she was getting experience of the place 'even if it was the New Course' or something along those lines, which suggests that the World Hurdle was not the target at that stage anyway.

Maaybe Willie and Ruby will convince Ricci that the best option is the World Hurdle but on the other hand he's by far the most important owner in the yard and they won't want to pi55 him off either. If he wants to run in the Champion Hurdle that's where she'll go, and I hope he puts his foot down.
Report Slabster January 28, 2014 8:09 PM GMT
I'd strongly disagree Callit. I'd fancy her to run well in either race but I'd consider the Champion her most likely port of call. Her three options for her latest run were, according to Mullins, Doncaster, Leopardstown, or a Champion Hurdle trial in England. All over two miles which would not be an ideal prep for a first try at three miles in the World Hurdle. He made no mention of either the Cleeve or Gowran. She subsequently ran quite keen at Doncaster which would surely be in Ricci's mind regarding the World Hurdle.

It's no secret that she was kept over hurdles because Ricci wanted to see if she's a Champion Hurdle mare. In terms of prestige the Champion Hurdle is a world apart from a World Hurdle from me. That's obviously a matter of opinion but Ricci strikes me as the kind of guy to have a go at the big time.

When she ran at Cheltenham, Ruby stated that she was getting experience of the place 'even if it was the New Course' or something along those lines, which suggests that the World Hurdle was not the target at that stage anyway.

Maaybe Willie and Ruby will convince Ricci that the best option is the World Hurdle but on the other hand he's by far the most important owner in the yard and they won't want to pi55 him off either. If he wants to run in the Champion Hurdle that's where she'll go, and I hope he puts his foot down.
Report callitasucit January 28, 2014 8:37 PM GMT
I be willing to have a fun sporting bet of a ton if you want Slabster? Just for a bit of interest. I think Big Bucks looking beatable on Saturday will have copperfastened it.
Report callitasucit January 28, 2014 8:38 PM GMT
Sorry, I wasn't taking the pi** posting that twice in reply, fuc*in laptop.
Report Slabster January 28, 2014 8:47 PM GMT
No thanks Callit, saving every penny I can in the hope of going across myself Excited

Will be interesting to see how the whole situation plays out.
Report callitasucit January 28, 2014 9:06 PM GMT
Will indeed, if she runs in the Champion it will make an already mouthwatering prospect even better. Though the rest of the festival is certainly below standard.
Have you been before Slab? My first year was Best Mates first Gold Cup. Had him backed at 20s and 16s ante post. Also in a double with the unfortunate Istabraq. Went the next 9 years, but have missed the last 3, only going over for Gold cup day in 2012. Not certain at moment, but odds on not to be going this year. Good luck in your quest to build the coffers for it. Between the punting, drinking, and after hours dances it can add up!!
Slow horses and fast women, the ruination of many a good man!
Report workrider January 28, 2014 9:08 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Mr Mischief January 28, 2014 9:24 PM GMT
Fast women, slow horses, unreliable sources have left many a good Irishman holding up a lamppost by the end of the week
Report richters January 28, 2014 9:26 PM GMT
would there be many fast women on a sleepy monday night at say the likes of ballinrobe or windsor???
Report workrider January 28, 2014 9:27 PM GMT
BTW , I think the first man to say that was , Darkie  Prendergast   Kevins father...
Report The Gotchee January 28, 2014 9:40 PM GMT
Dessie Hughes on Our Connor;

"Our Conor was absolutely fine this morning. I thought for a few strides after the last hurdle that we were going to win, but Hurricane Fly rallied and wore our horse down," said Hughes.

"Our Conor got closer to him than he did at Christmas and showed the improvement I expected from him. He improved a lot between his Grade 1 win at Leopardstown last season and the Triumph, so we're in a good place with him now.

"We know he handles Cheltenham well and he will appreciate the better ground we should get there. We're positive and he should go there with a fighting chance."
Report kavvie January 28, 2014 10:07 PM GMT
the evidence from last year is there for our conor to win it.visual evidence,sectional times,7secs faster than county hurdle winner caryin 8lbs more as a 4yr old.master,patient trainer whos won it before.only imponderable is the jockey...posters saying he needs soft to show his best?wheres the evidence of that?!...good to soft ideal...
Report silvergreaser January 28, 2014 10:28 PM GMT
seems to be a few rumours going around from very good sources that Ricci is insisting Annie goes for the Champion and Mullins and Ruby can give all the excuses they want.
Report paulie wallnuts January 28, 2014 10:48 PM GMT
slabster...the new one will have a pacemaker if there isn't one already there....they said so after the Xmas hurdle....but they won't need one as un de sceaux will run.....dj876.....I'd say it's highly unlikely that un de sceaux runs in sandown....I'd imagine they never had a notion of running him there.....they won't want him beaten before the festival..... Anyway that race will more than likely be off....the weather forecast is brutal....and if sandown goes ahead....it's likely to be an all chase card.....
Report Slabster January 28, 2014 11:09 PM GMT
Paulie, they have said since that he won't have one.

Callit Laugh I'm a Cheltenham virgin, wanted to go for the past few years but this is the first year it could suit! If I'm going I'll go the whole hog and go for the week I think, you'd probably want the bones of €1500 going over there would you? Can get tickets, transport & accommodation for circa 800, between beer, grub and a few bets I suppose it doesn't be long adding up. Thinking bout it now 1500 is prob the min you'd want Confused
Report Slabster January 28, 2014 11:10 PM GMT
Paulie, they have said since that he won't have one

Apologies Paulie, I could be wrong on that. Could have sworn I saw that somewhere but can't find it now.
Report callitasucit January 29, 2014 12:00 AM GMT
Supppose it all depends how much ya betting Slabster, but we usually fly over early Monday morn, and back Sat afternoon. The 1500 wouldn't get you through Thursday.....if you never had a bet!! But its worth it! The atmosphere before the Denman v Kauto Gold Cup, I will never forget that. Unreal. When Sam kicked rounding the bend, the tears were welling up.
Report callitasucit January 29, 2014 12:06 AM GMT
My accommodation was v cheap. Stayed in a house about 3 miles from track, at the bottom of Cleeve Hill, pay 25 sterling a night. Breakfast at whatever time you want, and a lift halfway to races if raining!! Getting home always proved a lot trickierGrin
Report Slabster January 29, 2014 9:26 PM GMT
Thank for info, a score would be the standard bet for me. If I go I'll be staying Stratford I think, best part of an hour away from the track I hear but meant to be good craic there during race week all the same?
Report callitasucit January 29, 2014 11:19 PM GMT
Ah yeah, there be some decent boozers round there. Gets you away from the madness a bit aswell.
Report dj876 January 30, 2014 10:24 AM GMT
Bad form Callitasucit to be trying to catch Slabster out and your brother riding out at Closutton!
Ha,she took a fair old walk on here last night for the champion hurdle(though there wouldn't be much liquidity).

I know Jack about training race horses but I am sure the training regime for a champion contender would be very different to the prep for the stayers hurdle,so the decision will be known a few weeks before even if it's not announced (with the possible exception of very soft ground).
Report callitasucit January 30, 2014 10:49 AM GMT
dj876  • January 30, 2014 10:24 AM GMT 

Bad form Callitasucit to be trying to catch Slabster out and your brother riding out at Closutton!

Dj, the ould lad may indeed have a few strays, but to the best of my knowledge, none work for WPMGrin
Report workrider January 30, 2014 11:42 AM GMT
Laugh
Report Ballhopper January 30, 2014 10:43 PM GMT
Jezki needs a change of pilot and will probably get it as McCoy will surely plump for My Tent Or Yours
Report richters January 30, 2014 10:45 PM GMT
thats why hes better known as dj the guess........
Report dj876 January 30, 2014 11:04 PM GMT
I am fairly sure a Jack Russell would be sharper but he is great crack to be fair,Beep Beep is his only competition.
Report neill d January 31, 2014 12:42 AM GMT
On everything we know about Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh, she is going for the stayers. Ricci would have to do something that other owners haven't managed to change that. I could see Un De Sceaux being his Aintree horse, he doesn't have another obvious candidate and I could see them chancing him there. Twill be him or Annie and she is the big scopey horse with a future who'd want to be minded.
Report neill d January 31, 2014 12:42 AM GMT
Aintree Hurdle 20f I mean
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com