Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Rainier Wolfcastle
12 Mar 13 15:24
| Topic/replies: 1,359 | Blogger: Rainier Wolfcastle's blog
Head in hands Cry

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 88
By:
punchestown
When: 12 Mar 13 15:25
Never really placed to challenge today but would not have won either way imo,winner was not going to be passed.
By:
by purpose
When: 12 Mar 13 15:26
Does exactly as it says on the tin.No surprises.
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 12 Mar 13 15:30
Never gave the horse a chance
By:
Rainier Wolfcastle
When: 12 Mar 13 15:31
Ran the horse up the backside of everything before turning in on the sharper track, allowed winner and second to get first run on him, panicked coming down to the last and presented the horse all wrong... I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm sure plenty of people backed that horse ante post thinking McCoy would ride. The chance you take I guess.
By:
Tolmi
When: 12 Mar 13 15:34
I didn't back it but I thought it was a poor ride.Never got it into a rhythm.A 5 pound penalty compared to the other two jockeys.
By:
Monksfield79
When: 12 Mar 13 16:58
talked different tactics this morning on morning line, no bottle and was bullied all round course.
Never back robbie at festival again
By:
Kingchip
When: 12 Mar 13 19:44
Robbie Power for Pope!!!
By:
tony57
When: 12 Mar 13 20:54
i think tthats a touch harsh..i agree he should of not let them get to far infront of them turning in ..but the horses jumping was not up to scratch today..thats what cost him imo..and i backed it
By:
STELLAR MANIPULATOR
When: 12 Mar 13 23:12
Thought the horse was too free today probably as a result of being off since Christmas. The danger of being 'fresh' for the festival is that you can be too fresh and free as a consequence . Ditto Simonsig who got away with it but it may have been a mistake for Jezki to miss the Deloitte en route to Chelt.
By:
Tolmi
When: 14 Mar 13 15:18
I'm talking through my pocket this time but he was poor on Jetson as well.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 14 Mar 13 15:22
Seemed to have a fair bit left in Jetson alright. Winner was travelling very well and kinda stole it by kicking on,but Robbie was too far back.
By:
Tolmi
When: 14 Mar 13 15:27
If you watch his race position vcompared to Shutthefrontdoor and Captain Sunshine from halfway he lost his position for no apparent reason after the third last.Despite being a guaranteed stayer he was ridden like a horse was needed to be held up.
By:
dinglemick
When: 14 Mar 13 15:59
I ve stated on a previous thread before but in my mind Robbie Power seriously suffers from his nerves on the big day . He s fine on an ordinary normal race day around Ireland but on the big days he constantly gives horses poor rides . He is nowhere near being a top jock . Give me Mark Enright claiming 5lbs any day !!!!
Oh and i am talking through my pocket also having backed both Jezki and Jetson LaughLaughLaughLaugh And i still backed them having this opinion LaughLaugh ...

Hoping Cantlow can do the business for me today ...Looks like he s laid out for the race ..... I think he gets 100k bonus aswell if he wins for winning a race in Warwick in Jan ?
By:
Tolmi
When: 14 Mar 13 16:03
I backed Jetson despite my comments earlier on this thread.Was keen on Cantlow all season for a handicap but haven't backed him.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 14 Mar 13 16:17
Jetson was outpaced and then stayed on but most likely he and the r/up were probably flattered by their proximity as the strong travelling winner was left in front longer than was ideal.
By:
Tolmi
When: 14 Mar 13 16:21
If you watch the race closely you will see that Jetson was let drift back with no effort from the saddle.He might have been mildly outpaced but not to the extent he dropped back.
By:
Tolmi
When: 14 Mar 13 16:38
By the way I'm not detracting from the winner who really travelled well and was fully deaerving of his victory.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 14 Mar 13 16:41
Yeah Tolmi he was the only horse hard on the bridle going to 2 out the rest of them in behind were all scrubbing away.
By:
The Icchantika
When: 14 Mar 13 17:10
Sure anyone who backs anything this fellow rides knows he is useless and that is built into the price.
By:
jackdaws
When: 15 Mar 13 00:58
silvergeezer is a good judje defending a jock who should have won on jetson...not rocket science lads,sg does not factor jockeys into his betting strategy as he said on another thread,so that tells its own tale.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 15 Mar 13 01:15
or you might notice jackdaw I neither defended or condemned just gave my opinion on the race, I still think the winner was idling and the others were flattered, if anything Captain Sunshine supporters probably have more of a gripe than Jetson supporters because of his shenanigans at the start, his jockey did get a 9 day whip ban all the same?.
By:
Monksfield79
When: 15 Mar 13 13:39
Having watched him closely on all his mounts he seems to let things happen, good jockeys make things happen and don't suffer the rough passages jockeys like robbie have. When I see the distance Jezki ended up being beaten and the constant bumps he received from rags and the mistakes he made he must have a serious engine.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 15 Mar 13 19:59
Found out once again......Harrington deserves grief too, if she cant see it... well
By:
G Hall
When: 17 Mar 13 00:01
Robbie "glue" power we call him.
By:
by purpose
When: 29 May 13 19:24
UNREAL....
By:
by purpose
When: 10 Jun 13 19:56
How many times am i going to stick this up on top again.
By:
jimeen
When: 10 Jun 13 20:05
Silvergreaser says the jockey doesnt matter,or the trainer either.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 10 Jun 13 20:06
Lay him so.

How they let Barry Geraghty look at that race from the stands is hard to credit.

Geraghty rides Jetson in the next,I worry about this lad because he is only a cob albeit a talented one still think he can beat these.
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 10 Jun 13 20:18
harrington is the imposter here...if it wast for her we wouldnt have to be looking at this useless ape...
By:
silvergreaser
When: 10 Jun 13 20:23
every now and then a jockey will make a **** up, but great value is often got when a horse is ridden by a nobody but with decent form?
By:
jimeen
When: 10 Jun 13 20:29
Every now and then is it ?,its almost every second race.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 10 Jun 13 20:35
Jimeen you're obviously obsessed with jockeys and trainers  they very seldom come into my betting strategy hence why I've always pinged many a good priced winner because the best horse was ridden by a nobody.

Young David Splaine is getting loads of winners at big prices because he's not recognised as yet as a fully fledged jockey?
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 10 Jun 13 20:40
There is good and bad in every sport,racing no different the jockey is absolutely vital.

If you back a horse with a poor jockey or an inexperienced one surely you have taken that into account.

I backed Tribes And Banners earlier thought it got a funny ride but then I am not privy to the trainers instructions,I thought he would make the running..
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 10 Jun 13 20:42
Spline riding winners because he is riding so well which probably makes the point about jockeys being vital.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 10 Jun 13 20:49
Wildman many a girl wins on a 33/1 shot, the horse will win 99 times out of hundred if the jockey doesn't mess up.

Often its the the top pro's who mess up trying to be Lester Piggott, I'm too clever by half?
By:
richters
When: 10 Jun 13 20:58
another fine ride on maller tree.....phuck he is pathetic........
By:
jimeen
When: 10 Jun 13 21:01
No hes not,the jockey doesnt matter,they are all of the same ability. 99% of the time its the horse who will do the business,both the jockey and trainer are irrelevant.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 10 Jun 13 21:14
well far from as relevant as some people have been brought up to believe, sometimes it helps to pull yourself away from the stereotypes that's embedded in your psyche, its really not all about jockeys and the trainer will only train his next expensive horse.
By:
neill d
When: 10 Jun 13 21:19
Ground he gave away at the start cost him on Steps to Freedom, he'd want to cop on and pay attention to the starter. As John Giles would say, it doesn't take any talent to do that, he then had to rush him a little which probably led to the mistake at the first. It is something one would never see the top lads do as they understand the start of a race is as important as the finish.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com