Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kavvie
05 May 11 18:30
| Topic/replies: 10,559 | Blogger: kavvie's blog
fair dues to you pat,but you pi.ss.ing against the wind....oh jaysus tom lee is going to solve it all now!!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 89
By:
SatelliteFlight
When: 05 May 11 18:32
Well done sir, said exactly what i say, if you don't trust your odds compier get facking rid and employ somebody who can do the job properly. It's even worse with greyhounds, they are farcial when it comes to laying greyhound bets.
By:
downallstar
When: 05 May 11 18:34
Delighted to see this debated on Rte!
Even if it was only for a few minutes.
By:
playthegameboy
When: 05 May 11 18:34
Got a nice bet on The Fly tomorrow! Legend LaughLaughLaugh
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 05 May 11 18:35
yup. love it pat.
By:
ko2
When: 05 May 11 18:36
he talked sense unlike the rest of them
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 05 May 11 18:37
what firm do u think he was talkin about?Laugh
By:
kavvie
the w hill guy was a disgrace talking in grands..i got knocked back a few yr ago with his firm for a ton ew at 6/1 one day..the crowd pat was on about was spoils i presume!!
By:
Know Won Nose
Wonder why Hayley and Leon were not involved in the debate.
By:
declan81
When: 05 May 11 18:38
which firm were they giving out about. boyle sports?
By:
steeringjobnap
When: 05 May 11 18:42
^ nap
By:
donal
When: 05 May 11 19:39
I'd say it was Ladbrokes!
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 05 May 11 19:44
Agreed Donal.....the Examiner man is no small punter when he fancies one...very sharp 2 [;)]
By:
kavvie
When: 05 May 11 19:50
well id say it could be either.both are the lowest form of life...
By:
observerirl
When: 05 May 11 20:05
Well he came down in my estimation as he would not name and shame. Its simple really if you are going to appear on public tv and castigate a specific business process you name that firm. Simple really. I tried to have an each way bet on a 25/1 shot in a 3ml hcap hdl today with that PR FIRM called Paddy and I was allowed 10e on line and 10ewhen calling to see if it was all just a joke, Traders decision my arse all they want are compulsive gamblers and that IS A FACT
By:
kavvie
When: 05 May 11 20:21
pat works for a newspaper that depends to an extent on advertising.he couldnt name the firm as they might not advertise in the paper again.i think he said enough.most on here know its one of 2.id go 1/2 spoils,7/4 lads!!
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 05 May 11 20:27
7/4 Lads I want some of that Kavvie...what % are u betting to....
By:
marty44
When: 05 May 11 20:28
only caught half the interview but after saying he wouldn't name them , he said they're all the same anyway.No point in singling out one firm when they all operating with the same agenda.
By:
kavvie
When: 05 May 11 20:31
sure id favour spoils cause i was often left standing while calls were made..usually lads would just refuse you quicker!
By:
soapp
When: 05 May 11 20:33
Observer, Kavvie caught you out there! He has to mind his job! Laugh

Pity I missed the interview.

Laddys were thrown out of the Curragh last Monday for not taking any proper bets so I was told.
Paddys now have the shop there.
By:
dj876
When: 05 May 11 20:40
soapp   
if u want to see it go to rte player about 55 mins off programme-int.starts around 30 mns in
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 05 May 11 20:40
Agree with you there Kavvie as I was havin a bet in Spoils and she had to phone someone 100 on an odds on shotLaughLaugh
By:
fivetosix
When: 05 May 11 21:08
in fairness to laddies i asked them for 200 at 15/8 mrs harringtons horse without the fav at the curragh on monday,their tipperary town branch the cashier referred the bet at i was offered 20 euro at 15/8 but it was done within 30 seconds  where the spoils leave u standind at the counter with customers listening as the cashier is being told how to refuse the bet no contest laddies refuse with style  spoils need to learn the great art
By:
Blackwater
When: 05 May 11 21:21
The sad thing is that PK's comments are seen as being somehow provocative.

The fact is we all know this is how the game works these days.
By:
Cupwinkcook
When: 05 May 11 21:32
he's talking about the magic sign, that's how they communicate, they wait for a reference number from a trader

Spoils call the trader

been knocked back by both
By:
marty44
When: 05 May 11 21:34
think it was on network 2 so not on media player.Save the half hour I just spent looking!
By:
observerirl
When: 05 May 11 21:36
kavvie, i dont buy that argument at all. It's a pure cop out.He was appearing on national tv not writing for his employer. He is a journalist supposedly not a pr man and if he is to have any credibility he should tell the absolute truth. At this point in his life and career id say he has a nice pension/redundancy to look forward to if he upset anybody
By:
steeringjobnap
When: 05 May 11 21:38
he got his 1000/800

not going to upset the applecart the whole 9 yards [nap]
By:
dj876
When: 05 May 11 21:38
marty watched the interview there,go to latest
By:
dj876
When: 05 May 11 21:42
there is 2 55 min. programmes click it on to 30 mins,u don't hav to watch the lot
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 05 May 11 21:47
Was in spoils in Naas today and wanted €200 e/w on Kaiser so Say at 12/1.  Now i knew i was never going to get it on but was offered €50 E/W.  A bunch of jokers.  Wouldnt mind but am on a bad run and it fell.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 05 May 11 22:04
They all just want to be dole recycling offices waiting around for someone to get a lump sum,be it redundancy or compensation he will get on what he likes.
However they are licenced and this licence gives them rights as well as responsibilities,they should not be allowed engage in false advertising.Pricing a horse at 10/1 advertising the price and then not laying it is wrong and should be illegal.
Bigwillystyle you were in Naas why did you not go to Punchestown?
By:
3winnersandasecond
When: 05 May 11 22:11
A tenner e/w was enough to shave 4 pts off a 16/1 shot tonight. Basically I'm fed up marking their cards for a fecking tenner...!
And you know what they could clean up if they got a small number of savvy traders with some balls....
By:
observerirl
When: 05 May 11 22:17
The greatest shame of all of course is their false concern for those with a gambling disease. If they know your weakness you can have whatever you like on a 20/1 shot. Remember the man from Offaly. Indeed they're not so shy when they have a millionaire compulsie gambler on their hands. shameless really mr poor
By:
sinndar001
When: 05 May 11 22:26
Here's a strange one or I thought it was anyway. Went into Lads to have a 100 ew on Knock Stars @ 12's in Cork a while back. Ran docket thru the computer and then waited for a trader to allow the bet. 3 min(i'd say) later I was told I could have 100 win and 25 place. So I thought about it for about 3 mins, looked up oddschecker on the phone and eventually said no and walked away. My da was with me and I was saying it to him(while cursing at the same time) cos I had drove 20 miles to have the bet on, which is annoying. So I said we'll head down to another Lads the other side of the town and split the bet into two 50e/w. He was waiting 5 mins for the trader and so was I but both bets were laid. So tell me this wats the difference between 100 e/w and 2 bets of 50e/w. Wasting my ****g time is wat the difference is. Knock Stars finishing unplaced put the tin hat on it. I didn't think this was a bad e/w as the books call them. They just had her overpriced is all.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 05 May 11 22:29
Observerirl..The man you mention lost 80 million the bulk of it on the racecourse and you are right he could have what he liked on.That facility was availed of by a well known corpulent pro punter with disastrous effects for the unfortunate Offaly man,he is actually from my own area of Tipperary.
By:
da fallon factor
When: 05 May 11 22:30
was talking about laddies NAP and what made it funnier were all the so called mugs standing behind him staring into the camera with their free laddies hats
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
dj876
When: 05 May 11 22:40
Do ladbrokes pay rte for their fairly regular slot??
By:
Punter #1
When: 05 May 11 22:41
It was Paddy Sower and Hayley wasn't there because he already lambasted her in the Examiner a few months ago.
By:
da fallon factor
When: 05 May 11 22:43
Hayley was busy giving tips to  Laddies main clients who were being wined and dined today at punch
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com