Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Doyler1987
01 Mar 10 09:57
| Topic/replies: 5,375 | Blogger: Doyler1987's blog
With Paddy :0

Thats a suicide offer IMO.
Pause Switch to Standard View Money back if Dunguib wins the Supreme
Show More
Report BraveInca2006. March 2, 2010 10:26 PM GMT
4-5 dead certs at the Cheltenham Festival. Joe - your surname could prove very apt if you proceed to punt with that belief.
Report Rowley Mile March 2, 2010 10:33 PM GMT
2008 Bankers

Master Minded
Binocular
Kasbah Bliss
Voy Por Ustedes
Kauto Star
Cousin Vinny
Report yaboya March 2, 2010 10:33 PM GMT
2009 surely??^
Report Rowley Mile March 2, 2010 10:36 PM GMT
Shirley yes, i was just testing everone's still awake and not too intoxicated.
Report Ballydoyle March 3, 2010 11:07 AM GMT
Tried to back General Miller e/w at 33s...was told the max I could have on was £2.67 e/w. Thats Two Pounds sixty seven pence.

Enough said.
Report db1974 March 3, 2010 12:00 PM GMT
Ballydoyle 03 Mar 12:07
Tried to back General Miller e/w at 33s...was told the max I could have on was £2.67 e/w. Thats Two Pounds sixty seven pence.

That's a bit worrying for somebody (ie - me) who plans to traipse around on Tuesday morning to back the field in various shops.

Was this in a shop?
Are you normally restricted?
Report Win only - Sp only March 3, 2010 12:03 PM GMT
hats off to paddy, ive a smashing bet to nothing. hip hip
Report insideinfo March 3, 2010 12:10 PM GMT
You should not be betting with your own firm boy!!
Report Win only - Sp only March 3, 2010 12:13 PM GMT
I work for tesco, they dont take bets. Saw you get knocked back for the trolley pushers job the other day, ul
Report insideinfo March 3, 2010 12:56 PM GMT
Neither do Paddy Poor,staff same calibre as Tescos imo.
Report downallstar March 5, 2010 9:28 AM GMT
PP are now NRNB, including this race.
Report MAESTRO OF SWORDS March 6, 2010 5:12 PM GMT
is it not just on the second horse the refund?
Report downallstar March 6, 2010 5:17 PM GMT
Nope, all losing win singles.
Report MAESTRO OF SWORDS March 6, 2010 5:23 PM GMT
and each way he knows something down
Report downallstar March 6, 2010 5:31 PM GMT
Well Celtic are going the other way, money back if he loses.

I think if you either dont fancy Dunguib or his price, read the race and back your horse ew. Through in nrnb looks a great offer.
Report yorker789 March 9, 2010 6:35 PM GMT
Paddy Power will refund the average stake of multiple single bets on this market; if, at our sole discretion, we feel you are abusing this offer.

When did that appear in the conditions?
Report irishracing March 9, 2010 6:44 PM GMT
Can they keep track of the betting slips?Can i do 10 in galway, 10 in cork, 10 in limerick, 50 in dub?
Report BJG March 9, 2010 6:46 PM GMT
80 betting shops? :0 hardly worth the bother is it!
Report Win only - Sp only March 9, 2010 6:50 PM GMT
make sure you write the euro sign a nit different, do a few left handed. get your mates to write a few - plenty of options
Report WREKIN CREW March 9, 2010 8:51 PM GMT
i think this is abit sneaky suddenly changing the conditions in this way , i cud understand dropping the the max refund , but they are basically covering them selves to argue the case against any similar handwriting, the fact is the consession was way to gud to be true and they shot themselves in the foot and are now pannicking to restrict a full payout on this .
Report Blessington March 9, 2010 9:25 PM GMT
paddy cheltenham offers have turned out WORTHLESS in the past on what looked like better offers such as the 2008 one. So why do some guys think this is going to be any different?

2008 Special offer..Any horse 2nd to a favourite in 27 races would be refunded. ...3 favourites won lowest price 2nd 14/1 refund virtually NIL. :0

2009 Top offer..Cousin Vinny top price last year in the first race so called banker. paddy pay out NIL :0

2010 Special offer MONEY BACK if favourite wins the 1st race big deal.
Expected PROFIT to be made by ANYBODY probably NIL for most of us.

Spoils usually tie these guys up in knots when it comes to running the better Chelteham offers.

I won't be losing any sleep over this pps offer anyway. :^0

.....................................................................................................

But I might take up some of the offers of FREE BETS that most of the big bookmaking firms run Cheltenham week and open some new accounts. Unfortunely I'm already banned from paddy anyway. ........I wonder if I changed my name to HAMMY would that help. B-)
Report Murphys Stroke March 9, 2010 10:24 PM GMT
Spoils doing better Cheltenham offers.LOL.
Report silverwasp March 9, 2010 10:28 PM GMT
Murphys Stroke 09 Mar 23:24

Spoils doing better Cheltenham offers.LOL.

What are they ? i was in a spoils shop today and they had no sign of Cheltenham being next week..
All they had on their screens was.... twist magic @ 7/1.
Report all over March 9, 2010 10:32 PM GMT
wudnt lay eggs
Report shaggykev March 10, 2010 12:20 PM GMT
Paddy Power will refund the average stake of multiple single bets on this market; if, at our sole discretion, we feel you are abusing this offer

where does it say that, couldn't see it on the web last night?
Report Win only - Sp only March 10, 2010 12:34 PM GMT
blessington really is the forum clown. Love em or hate em the offer is outstanding value for the punter, spoils are a failed pp clone tbh.
Report downallstar March 10, 2010 12:39 PM GMT
Spoils are the worst bookies ever.
Report irishbookmaker March 10, 2010 1:37 PM GMT
Is this new condition for real.
Report shaggykev March 10, 2010 1:43 PM GMT
could be a bit of an empty threat to try and keep the sharks away

they thought the'd have all the mugs flocking in but the sharks might mean the mugs cant get access to the counters

theres 3 pp's in galway city, could they really police it

even if i walked up to the counter with 10 dockets with different handwriting on it, how could they stop it, could be doing the bets for everyone in the office

paddy is dancing in sweat now the cheecky baxtard
Report downallstar March 10, 2010 1:44 PM GMT
Hopefully Dunguib pi$$es up, and it costs him a big payout!
Report irishbookmaker March 10, 2010 1:49 PM GMT
But where is this written or in print please..
Report shaggykev March 10, 2010 1:51 PM GMT
i cant see it either

maybe it was up in a shop
Report shaggykev March 10, 2010 1:52 PM GMT
ok here it is

Applies to Win or Each Way market only.

Paddy Power will refund the average stake of multiple single bets on this market; if, at our sole discretion, we feel you are abusing this offer.

Applies to win singles and the win part of EW singles bets.

Singles only.

Max refund per customer £200/E300.

Excludes any other extra markets.

If Dunguib does not run in this race, the SP Favourite will replace him for the purposes of this special.

Applies to bets placed after 9am, Monday 1st March 2010.

Excludes tote bets.
Report irishbookmaker March 10, 2010 2:03 PM GMT
Where you find it.
Report shaggykev March 10, 2010 2:05 PM GMT
click on money back specials and go to conditions for supreme one
Report shaggykev March 10, 2010 2:09 PM GMT
http://specials.paddypower.com/cond.php?id=4093
Report Tony Fenton March 10, 2010 4:29 PM GMT
Just use a different colour pen.
Report yorker789 March 10, 2010 5:34 PM GMT
I reckon it was added on tuesday morning,it is trying to minimize losses i reckon.How can you clarify abusing the offer?
Report insideinfo March 10, 2010 7:26 PM GMT
WTF planet are Paddy big mouth Power on???? Surely the whole point of a "special" or an "offer" is that it is taken advantage of!! And here they are saying that if you do actually take advantage of it we're going to welch on it!!!

FFS you couldnt make it up!! All PR and no balls is all this firm is.
Report Win only - Sp only March 10, 2010 8:58 PM GMT
impossible to police this condition. what can they use cctv evidence and a handwriting expert. Suprised they added this pointless condition tbh, v suprised.
Report xis a ruof March 10, 2010 9:18 PM GMT
I fancy Joe Duffy will be getting a call!
Report Blessington March 10, 2010 9:32 PM GMT
31 runners declared for the race today.

Some of you boys are going to have a busy day writing out those betting dockets. I hope you get your staking plan right.

Don't forget to take time wasted into your calculations as well as parking charges and petrol. The things some guys do to TRY and make €30 euro. :^0 :^0 :^0
Report Paw for Paw March 10, 2010 11:35 PM GMT
said it'll cost them over 2 million :)
Report Blessington March 11, 2010 12:03 AM GMT
PAW....I see one course bookie in the Racing Post saying he plans to go 1/1 Dunguib on the course

If Dunguib doesn't win it cost them virtually NOTHING. :^0

Except for the few guys who are going to stand at their Banklink machine all morning taking out 100s in cash to BACK ALL 30 RUNNERS just to win about €30 euro and NOW those guys won't even be sure they get paid. :0

I tell you PAW if you told me all I had to look forward to after the 1st race of the CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL was a potential €30 - €40 win I smash my computer NOW. ......

But each to their own I suppose.....Cheers
Report jackdaws March 11, 2010 1:38 AM GMT
spot on blessington...its just a publicity stunt 2 get the mugs into their bettin shops nationwide and hold onto them as long as possible
Report yorker789 March 11, 2010 6:01 AM GMT
So what about backing online?,how many single bets could you have from your account
Report db1974 March 11, 2010 8:58 AM GMT
It's a very very good special, both from a punter's and publicity point of view.

For many people Dunguib is the banker of the meeting. For the casual punter who doesn't fancy backing an odds-on shot and so therefore wants to back something each-way they have a great chance of getting their win stake back.

For those who want to take advantage of the special to guarantee a profit of approx 17% of their available outlay then that opportunity is also there for them although obviously with the new condition it makes things a little more dangerous.

Personally I have backed the next 4 in the market (all on my online account as win singles) in the hope that if Dunguib is turned over then it will be one of those who does it. There is a big enough gap to the 6th favourite to make that play the percentage one in my eyes.

There are plenty of things to complain about the bookies but this special isn't one of them.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't as far as I can see.
Report Rowley Mile March 11, 2010 12:05 PM GMT
well said db
Report JGF March 11, 2010 12:21 PM GMT
When they first made the offer (before NRNB), they were black type about many in the market. Not everyone thinks Dunguib is a certainty and if you were getting best price on your selection and your money back if Dunguib wins, then its a good offer.
Report conorf March 11, 2010 5:02 PM GMT
when will paddypower go Best Price Guaranteed. is it just the morning of the race or is it the day before aswell??
Report shaggykev March 11, 2010 5:25 PM GMT
only bet365 and stan james/betpack doing that at the mo

i think most of the prices are cat short so def no worth doing with a bookie thats not offering that
Report Paw for Paw March 11, 2010 7:12 PM GMT
Billyhill.com are best odds guaranteed on-line, pity they're are not doing in their shops as well .... they might actually get some business then!
Report Cupwinkcook March 11, 2010 8:33 PM GMT
I hear some Indos are offering the same as Paddies, plus the counter offer from Ivans and other Indos

We can avoid flooding Paddies with slips and just channel it around town and the suburbs.
Report JGF March 11, 2010 11:39 PM GMT
What Indos Cupwink? If true this would be a good one.
Report Paddy Hair March 12, 2010 1:29 AM GMT
Paddy Power are offering to new customers £50 bet get a free £100 bet , but also stakes refunded if Dunguib wins. So you can back the 2nd or 3rd fav to win and if Dunguib wins you get your £50 back will you still get the £100 bet. I know you lose if something other than the one you backed or Dunguib wins, but you would be unlucky to beat by something other than Dunguib. I might give this a try.
Report Eddie Batt March 12, 2010 11:12 PM GMT
Blessington you really are the village idiot of this forum.Anyone with a few quid to spare and the knowhow can guarantee themself a couple of hundred euro risk free.
Its the equivalent of tossing a coin with someone and being paid out at 8/11 if you win and money back if you lose.There is no risk for anyone who goes about this in the right way.
Report Rowley Mile March 12, 2010 11:22 PM GMT
Why wouldn't someone just accept the t&c's and stop blabbering on about it on an internet forum if you are going to risk staking more than the offer allows.

One guy on here was going on about his spreadsheet and giving out the percentage profit that could be attained and then he goes on to pp's web site to back a horse each way for cheltenham but forgets to click the each way button and now they won't play ball with him and he can't figure out why.

If you were going to s** labels on items in a supermarket to save money, would you outline what you were going to do on a shopping forum ???
Report all over March 13, 2010 12:54 AM GMT
well said rowley
Report DirteeHarry March 13, 2010 6:33 AM GMT
Looked like a good offer to me, i took it but just found out thet bettfred have done something similar and it does not matter who wins you get the money back? now that is interesting, dived in for the max i could get
Report Win only - Sp only March 13, 2010 7:09 AM GMT
swapping price tags in a supermarket would not work, the bar-code system put paid to that coup.
Report badger's back March 13, 2010 8:40 AM GMT
tom floods doing the same offer now. max refund E250
Report Win only - Sp only March 13, 2010 8:46 AM GMT
would tom flood bet you 250 a horse?
Report Cupwinkcook March 13, 2010 4:42 PM GMT
toolans + floods

v

ivans & rogers
Report downallstar March 14, 2010 5:27 PM GMT
PP go 2/1 Irish trained winner of the CH til 9pm.
Report ricky butcher March 14, 2010 7:11 PM GMT
Surely it's a good way to keep money away from Dunguib?

Their liability will be reduced through the special.
Report db1974 March 14, 2010 9:00 PM GMT
Rowley Mile 13 Mar 00:22
One guy on here was going on about his spreadsheet and giving out the percentage profit that could be attained and then he goes on to pp's web site to back a horse each way for cheltenham but forgets to click the each way button and now they won't play ball with him and he can't figure out why.

Both issues are completely separate

Powers didn't know it was me (ie - same person who put up the percentages post) who forgot to click each-way when I requested that the win stake be refunded.

Is that so hard to understand?

Anyway I'm over that now - that money is gone a week at this stage.
Report Kelly March 15, 2010 10:33 AM GMT
PP are GP on this race / offer . Does this override anyone whose account is already restricted to " no guaranteed price " ?
Report shaggykev March 15, 2010 11:15 AM GMT
what do you think

is all the bookies going guaranteed odds on multiples for chelt as well

only seen one advertise it yet?
Report Cupwinkcook March 15, 2010 6:48 PM GMT
I'd be reluctant to put anything online with Paddies, could tell you offers don't apply to you.

Track also doing the dunguib offer, can't remember which side.

Anyone know about Hacketts?
Report DaSizzler March 15, 2010 8:15 PM GMT
is this offer just for the net only or is it the same in the shops?
Report Cupwinkcook March 15, 2010 8:23 PM GMT
safer in the shops
Report DaSizzler March 15, 2010 8:24 PM GMT
so the offers the same in the shops then?
do ya get your money back straight away if your horse is beat or do you have to wait 24hrs like on the net?
Report Cupwinkcook March 15, 2010 8:37 PM GMT
depends on the settler I suppose, I'd say they'll be trying to put the money back into punters pockets as quick as they can
Report Blessington March 16, 2010 7:58 PM GMT
Doyler1987 01 Mar 10:57
With Paddy :0

Thats a suicide offer IMO.

...........................................................................................

How much did you all win off paddy today?. ......

Was it more than you won off last years special on COUSIN VINNY? ]:)

Or the 2007 big special 2nd to the favourite.... another flippant disaster.

Ah fair play to them they know who their customers are anyway. ;) .........Cheers
Report Murphys Stroke March 16, 2010 8:05 PM GMT
The forum idiot reappears.
Report Rowley Mile March 16, 2010 8:09 PM GMT
Blessington 01 Mar 11:32

So basically he going to have you chasing so called VALUE¨:^0 instead of backing the one you really fancy and the most obivious GOOD THING....

and people wonder where the label MUG punter came from.

Badly burnt ???
Report Murphys Stroke March 16, 2010 8:12 PM GMT
Wasnt such an obvious good thing after all eh Bless.
Report Blessington March 16, 2010 10:32 PM GMT
Nah BLESS is no fool......he can read between the lines.......

If paddy is offering something that looks too good to be true for Cheltenham...

IT USUALLY IS. ......He knows. :(

I managed to save my money..... till the 3rd race anyway. :^0
Report Cupwinkcook March 16, 2010 10:37 PM GMT
It's the Indos that counter offered that got hit instead.

Paddies mopped up.

Morning prices on this race were very tight, and some sps were driven down before the off

If I had my time over I'd work off the prices from first show to 10 mins before the off, not that mattered with the winner.

Bamburys had some pointless moneyback if your horse was second to Dunguib beaten under a length with no more than 4l back to the 3rd (BLIMEY)

Hacketts didn't seem interested in business.
Report Blessington March 16, 2010 10:57 PM GMT
CUPWINK.....Are you not surprised all the guys who were telling us how it was a FREE MONEY offer

........aren't on now telling us how much they won off it. :0
Report Blessington March 16, 2010 11:11 PM GMT
Just some of the guys I thought be on here now telling us how much they won off paddy offer. :0

bobbybocala 01 Mar 11:34
blessington 01 Mar 11:21
(The offer is feck all use, unless your planning to back against Dunguib..).

without doubt the most moronic post ive seen on this forum..if dunguib runs in the supreme its some concession..end of
.....................................................................................................

verylucky 01 Mar 11:53
blessington if you cant see the value in that offer you really have let yourself down

................................................................................

awesome impact 01 Mar 12:00
It really is a good offer and if people cannot see that, they are the MUGS imo
.............................................................................................................

Murphys Stroke 01 Mar 12:42
Only one mug punter on this thread.
........................................................................................

moneypenny 01 Mar 13:03

Can you not see that it is possible to make a few bob with this offer with no risk at all

......................................................................................................

SORRY GUYS .......I still can't see what I missed out on.....But I really hope you won a fortune somehow off it......Cheers
Report Blessington March 16, 2010 11:25 PM GMT
Here's TWO more that cleaned up according to the thread off the paddy special and poor auld BLESS still can't figured where it was.
...........................................................................................

Win only - Sp only 10 Mar 13:34

blessington really is the forum clown. Love em or hate em the offer is outstanding value for the punter, spoils are a failed pp clone tbh.
.............................................................................................................
Eddie Batt 13 Mar 00:12

Blessington you really are the village idiot of this forum.Anyone with a few quid to spare and the knowhow can guarantee themself a couple of hundred euro risk free.
Its the equivalent of tossing a coin with someone and being paid out at 8/11 if you win and money back if you lose.There is no risk for anyone who goes about this in the right way.
.................................................................................................

:( ........I still can't see the VALUE.
Report downallstar March 16, 2010 11:25 PM GMT
wd bless you called it. :|

Pity you didn't do a comp :|

One for tomorrow -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRHeTIcgwH8
Report Blessington March 17, 2010 12:05 AM GMT
DOWN....I see the other exchange has one for €400 worth of prizes paying out on the first three.

Only 13 went in for it and its a bit like the blind leading the blind.......

except one guy (probably called George) came up with Chief Dan George which has probably killed the competition for 1st place :^0
Report spurs to buy big March 17, 2010 12:33 AM GMT
fair play to pp fantastic offer ..they got away with it ... an impressive operation
Report Cupwinkcook March 17, 2010 8:36 AM GMT
Bless, I made money off it, just not from Powers.

Which kinda takes the shine off it.
Report moneypenny March 17, 2010 8:43 AM GMT
I made the bones of a monkey from it and was delighted that the winning ticket was with flowers. I had a guaranteed profit of 210 before the race went off.
Report Blessington March 17, 2010 11:23 AM GMT
moneypenny...You can't say you made €210 off paddy offer since he was only offering a refund of up to €300 if Dunguib won.

If your saying you che@ted on paddy offer and increase your stake in your case to a €1000 euro well then your not talking about paddy offer anymore.

As he said he was only guarnteeding a refund of €300 euro.

So you couldn't have been sure if your che@ating wouldn't be discovered by paddy staff and your only refunded back would have been the €300 refund if Dunguib had won.

Which would have left you with a STEEP lost. :0

IN YOUR CASE its like comparing apples and oranges since you wouldn't have make it from paddy offer but in fact from che@ting his system.

As a €300 MAXIMUM REFUND was all that the offer was guarnteed for..

And the OFFER itself on the thread was whatl I was talking about.....

If you feel free to make money from che@ating well it not the way everybody would want to live their life.......Cheers
Report itcanbedone March 17, 2010 11:36 AM GMT
The fact is this offer cost us our Annual Tipping Competituon.

Blessington got the hump what with everyone calling him a MUG and the competition was axed!. Shame.
Report FORZA AS ROMA March 17, 2010 11:46 AM GMT
Yea as per usually afew @rseholes get on their high horse. And no tipping comp to follow which I enjoy most years :(
Report ko2 March 17, 2010 1:35 PM GMT
Blessington bud . there was easy money to be made

200 with powers 200 with celtic the same horse, so guaranteed 200 back, lay th e other 200 on here so you have a bet to nothing ie 200/12/1pp 200 12/1 celtic lat 200 16.0 here. left with 1600/0 bet

repeat this for 5 or 6 horses in the race
Report Eddie Batt March 17, 2010 3:52 PM GMT
As Moneypenny can vouch I made a profit of 840 for no risk.Blessington I am beginning to wonder if you are autistic or have some kind of learning disorder.
Report reb March 17, 2010 4:14 PM GMT
May have been little or no risk with proper staking plan, but there was some "work" and care involved in placing bets.

Whatever one might think of them re effective closure of winning accounts, PP are a very well run company.
Report Blessington March 17, 2010 4:25 PM GMT
Hi EDDIE...Anybody that can make a guarnteed €840 win off a MAXIMUM €300 refund OFFER well hats off because I wouldn't say it wasn't possible not OFF THE OFFER.

Of course if you che@ted on the offer well then thats up to you and since you DIDN'T have to RELY on the REFUND you will never know had you got away with it. :0
..............................................................................................

KOO...On your example surely its as much to do with CELTIC offer as paddy offer.

...................................................................................................

While all special offers are apreciated by bookmakers I just don't get all the hype about this one.

Baldfred I believe refunded all the losing bets on Dunguib up to a limited stake

While lots more Bookmakers guarnteed BEST PRICES on the day.....

That too me is a lot more interesting to winning minded punters but each to their own I suppose......Cheers
Report thebeg March 17, 2010 4:39 PM GMT
if dunguib won,paddie would have had the handwriting expert in
Report moneypenny March 17, 2010 7:04 PM GMT
Bless I had 300 euro worth of bets with Paddy- 200 with the track and 110 with rogers I also had 200 on dunguib with stan james @ 11/10 and spent about a few quid on here covering the total outsiders. I laid out 830 odd euro in total.

As previous poster stated it did involve a bit of care and legwork but when the tapes went up my mininum return was 420 off dunguib winning and 620 back off the bookies doing the offer.

As it turned out i got 1300 back from menorah thanks to guaranteed odds.
There was no **ing involved just a bit of work to take advantage of a remarkable offer.
:)
Report spurs to buy big March 17, 2010 7:09 PM GMT
liveline could a been lively
Report Cupwinkcook March 17, 2010 9:47 PM GMT
Your way was much cleverer than mine, moneypenny.
Noted for the next time, good man.

I agree with the point about Paddy's publicity, it was very well executed and got headlines everywhere. Nobody was talking about the independents except clued punters which are the type of people they don't want.
Report Blessington March 17, 2010 10:26 PM GMT
Moneypenny.....Glad to hear you won a few bob on the race but not clear how much of that was off paddy and his offer.

But its neither here nor there now the way the results have went over the first half of the meeting.
Its a few winning tips I need now not gimmericks :^0

But the festival is always like that ups and downs. Just important that your up is not at the start of the week and your down is at the end of it.......

So at least thats going to plan for auld Bless.

Good luck with it tomorrow......Cheers
Report moneypenny March 18, 2010 7:03 AM GMT
The 1300 return came from a flowers office and if it wasnt for their offer in the first place i would not have backed the winner. Great publicity for them and a nice start to the meeting for me.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com