Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
11 Oct 20 19:53
| Topic/replies: 22,590 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
this could cut up and a good few with questions to answer ie altior age and is he the same horse after the titanic struggle with cyrname ,defi d s needs to put a dissapointing effort behind him ,fakir d (trip) target said to be ryanaire ,and not sure put the kettle on will be coming over ,this looks to be politilogues early season target and then on to another crack at the champion chase and he can be backed at 11/1 b365  paul nicholls has said have him "mad fresh and blast off from the front " a normally superb jumper he looks value to me each way and i have been chucking a few tenners and scores at him every so often and will continue to do so .
selection politilogue 11/1 each way ...........................good luck opinions encouraged . stand back and stand by!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 83
By:
unclepuncle
When: 12 Oct 20 19:56
Does look a crazy price. Sadly B365 shut my account years ago.
By:
Hibore
When: 14 Oct 20 17:50
Copyright Hibore 29th March. Laugh

Hibore
Hibore 29 Mar 20 11:08 Joined: 23 Jun 07 | Topic/replies: 2,154 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
Good write up Foyle. I’m definitely in the camp the race fell into Politologues hands with Defi never travelling at any point of the race and the withdrawals of Chacun and Altior.
I’m keeping my powder dry regarding the Champion until things clear up with horses targets early next season.

However, I have spotted a interesting price for the Tingle that I think may be better value than your 20/1. You can see Politologue running here and with doubts any of the Irish will travel over 10/1 is very generous  The field is normally quite small so EW first 3 is not the worst bet I’ve ever seen.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 14 Oct 20 18:44
hope your lawyers are not watching hibore Laugh
By:
impossible123
When: 23 Oct 20 16:57
Again the target for Altior. Apparently he's never been better, according to his trainer.
By:
sageform
When: 24 Oct 20 11:59
They were bullish last season but he was never near to his previous best. Made hard work of beating Sceaux Royal who he laughed at the year before. He is still the one to beat of course but he will be 11yo on January 1. Defi is the puzzle. He would be a good thing on his best but ran terribly at Cheltenham and the Hobbs yard look terrible since July.
By:
impossible123
When: 24 Oct 20 20:30
I think he'd be in same trajectory as Enable ie downhill. This race will tell us. Hold your bet.
By:
sageform
When: 28 Oct 20 13:02
although Defi is younger than Altior, he started as a 3yo so has had almost as much racing. 21 runs against 24 for Altior. Both could bounce back this year but I suspect that a new brigade will take over the 2 mile division soon.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 02 Nov 20 16:11
Whatever happens in the Tingke Creek Defi should be aimed at the Ryanair - trip and track (New Course) much more suitable.
By:
Hibore
When: 16 Nov 20 11:21
After yesterday I doubt you will see any of the Cheltenham brigade in Esher.

That leaves Politologue, Altior, Rouge Vif and Greeneteen ?

RF was still 16/1 after being pulled out yesterday and is 8/1 now. Value ?
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 16 Nov 20 15:50
if the ground is similar to yesterday doubtfull he  would he run .
By:
sageform
When: 16 Nov 20 15:54
Still very happy with Politologue at 25 for the C. Chase. I will wait to see the plans for the Tingle before having a bet.
By:
impossible123
When: 16 Nov 20 16:15
Assuming Mullins' charges and Shloer winner stay in Ireland (shame Un Des Sceaux retired) Altior could walk into the winner's enclosure without breaking sweat if age is no barrier; Altior only raced once last season - the Ascot race was a baloney by his trainer.

I believe Put The Kettle On is a big danger if showing up, and very soft going.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 16 Nov 20 18:36
she had a hard race yesterday a bit of a grueller, not ideal ,
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 16 Nov 20 18:40
bear in mind she is shorter for the mares chase than the champion
By:
irish wizard
When: 16 Nov 20 18:59
are there entries for this race or when would it be confirmed who is possibly running ??
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 16 Nov 20 19:07
The race is December 5th so 10 day decs would be mid week next week.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 16 Nov 20 22:02
Sceau Royal has actually looked better than ever this Autumn - albeit over hurdles - but will surely only run if the ground is decent.

Conversely I could see Waiting Patiently running a big race off along lay off as he did last year but he would need it soft.

Unoriginal but the race revolves around Altior - he's 10 going on 11 and the flat spots seem to last longer with every race but you have to think Henderson will have him cherry ripe for this...

I might chance Sceau Royal on proper good ground though (seems unlikely)
By:
sageform
When: 17 Nov 20 08:48
Does nobody fancy Duc de Genievres, also an Arkle winner, and only just caught by Put The Kettle On. With a little more time to get to know him, Paul Nicholls could easily turn him into a champion 2 miler imo. His racing style on Sunday was very similar to that of Politologue.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 17 Nov 20 12:29

Nov 16, 2020 -- 4:02PM, ReaseHeath wrote:

Sceau Royal has actually looked better than ever this Autumn - albeit over hurdles - but will surely only run if the ground is decent.Conversely I could see Waiting Patiently running a big race off along lay off as he did last year but he would need it soft.Unoriginal but the race revolves around Altior - he's 10 going on 11 and the flat spots seem to last longer with every race but you have to think Henderson will have him cherry ripe for this...I might chance Sceau Royal on proper good ground though (seems unlikely)

Scratch Sceau Royal- not even entered, the following are:

Altior
Brewin'upastorm
Castlegrace Paddy
Defi Du Seuil
Duc Des Genievres
Esprit Du Large
First Flow
Fox Norton(!)
Greaneteen
Magic Saint
Politologue
Rouge Vif
Simply The Betts
Waiting Patiently

A longer list than I expected - no Put The Kettle On but Defi obviously has n't gone back to Martinstown for an MOT just yet...

By:
irish wizard
When: 17 Nov 20 17:06
How come on a search it was impossible to find the entry date for this race and then all of a sudden it is announced today ???
Also its an absolute joke Castlegrace Paddy is the only Irish horse going over ! Gone be the days when Moscow went over and we saw some real battles between the Best of the Best.
By:
sageform
When: 18 Nov 20 08:42
If you had a good horse in Ireland would you risk having to use an unfamiliar jockey and have 2 or more staff quarantined for up to a month?
By:
sageform
When: 18 Nov 20 08:44
I could see a Nicholls 123 there. Altior and Rouge Vif are the only ones that I would be frightened of if I was him.
By:
irish wizard
When: 18 Nov 20 19:09
sageform18 Nov 20 09:42Joined: 15 Jun 01 | Topic/replies: 18,666 | Blogger: sageform's blog
If you had a good horse in Ireland would you risk having to use an unfamiliar jockey and have 2 or more staff quarantined for up to a month?
Rate reply:

The Tingle Creek is the top 2 mile race outside of the Queen Mother.. For the prize money thats on offer its hard to fathom that Mullins or Elliott would not send some challenge over. In recent years at least Willie had sent over Un De Sceaux. It is just very disappointing from a racing point of view.
By:
Hibore
When: 18 Nov 20 19:37
I think the race will cut up quite badly. This is my guess at the final field.

Altior
Greaneteen
Politologue
Rouge Vif
Waiting Patiently

I won’t be swapping my 25/1, 16/1 and 12/1 Rouge Vif leading pillar to post. Altior may need the run, Greaneteen needs to improve his jumping and may not be good enough and Waiting Patiently is more like the invisible man.

Politologue would be a big danger if wound up but may give way up front to Rouge Vif who both will want to be prominent.
By:
impossible123
When: 19 Nov 20 13:46
How did you manage to get those prices for Rouge Vif? Inside info? I hope bookies will still accommodate you post this win. I'm on Altior at 7/2 for a few pittance - his fitness and well-being and ability are taken on trust and history.
By:
Hibore
When: 19 Nov 20 19:38
Hi Imp, I backed RF just after the Cheltenham win at 25/1 hoping he would go to Tingle next. I then posted on Saturday once he became a non runner that 16/1 and 12/1 were still available as bookies hadn’t put 2 and 2 together.
By:
impossible123
When: 20 Nov 20 00:10
Good luck. I did something similar with Limato (10/1 to 7/4) for the Sprint Cup (Haydock) and 'ok koral' stopped/restricted then rescinded every promotion and my bets. The horse was withdrawn on the day due to ground.
By:
sageform
When: 20 Nov 20 20:44
anyone read any comment from Nicholls re Duc de Genievres plans? He would be my choice along with Rouge Vif if he runs.
By:
buddeliea
When: 21 Nov 20 08:18
Doubt we will see him after last weeks slog!!
But if hes recovered must have a fair chance.

A lot will depend on the ground, did they not pull RV out last week cos of ground? If its bad again they would do the same i imagine.
By:
sageform
When: 21 Nov 20 09:23
I thought that DDG was travelling easily until going to the last when the lack of a run caught him out and he got lonely on the hill.
By:
buddeliea
When: 23 Nov 20 08:00
Trying to win races against top opposition in heavy ground will take a toll on any horse.
By:
impossible123
When: 23 Nov 20 09:52
the ground was good/good to soft last meeting; next 14-day is pretty friendly. Altior does not want it too soft either.
By:
buddeliea
When: 29 Nov 20 07:58
Will be there on Saturday, cant wait to go racing again, been far too long.
Excited to see Altior again.
By:
impossible123
When: 29 Nov 20 16:10
Lucky you. Excited to see Altior again - indeed. I hope he wins (he ought to given his rating) and exposed or soft opposition.
By:
Hibore
When: 30 Nov 20 13:34
Declared decks are out now. Nearly got it spot on...

Altior
Greaneteen
Politologue
Rouge Vif
Waiting Patiently (Missing again) Laugh

+

Fast flow (won’t run)
Brewingupastorm (really ?)
Castlegrace Paddy maybe run if field cut up any more
Esprit du large might run

Can see possibly 6 runners
By:
duffy
When: 30 Nov 20 13:50
When RUK show some memories of past Tingle Creeks this week it's going to be heartbreaking when comparing them to this field.

God help us if Altior doesn't get thereCry
By:
buddeliea
When: 30 Nov 20 13:53
Dont say that Duffy!!
By:
duffy
When: 30 Nov 20 14:01
Sorry, hope you have a great day budd, I saw him once at the festival 2 years back when he got up on the run in, was standing along the rails when he came back down after the race...good stuffHappy
By:
harry callaghan
When: 30 Nov 20 14:08
Am I missing something here but this greaneteen is 4/1...I’m confused by this, you would think altior should be 4/6 against these horses. We will see I suppose, let’s hope the good horse puts up a good display
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com