Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FELTFAIR
23 Jun 20 18:40
| Topic/replies: 6,900 | Blogger: FELTFAIR's blog
Unless I am mistaken the safety limit is currently 20 runners. This being the case I would venture to suggest the Betfair market is currently verging on overbroke with 158 horses contributing to the over round percentage. Close to 140 horses will be eliminated and I anticipate many current prices available to contract somewhat.

Unfortunately Ballydoyle currently have an army of possible entries and I for one don`t wish to try and pick their best chances until their plans are clarified. However, it seems seems certain, barring accidents, that English King, Kameko and Military March will participate and these can be backed preferentially and stiil leave room for O`Brien`s runners. I am assuming he doesn`t run Peaceful or Love.

Obviously there can be a shock result but I am prepared to run that risk.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 86
By:
penzance
When: 24 Jun 20 12:39
backed Highest Ground for this today @25s.
Could be wrong but does'nt seem to be a
standout colt atm.Looking for a big run
today and for him to line up at Epsom.
   GL ALL
By:
driver2
When: 24 Jun 20 14:28
wd penzance, looks like the extra distance will suit as well. Personally I'm a Kameko fan, but will he get the trip?
By:
lead on
When: 24 Jun 20 16:31
Well done,penzance...now for the hard part...convincing the trainer to run him at Epsom...some encouragement that he took the chance with Ulysses,same lightly raced profile and maybe,crucially same owners...they'll be further encouraged by Alpine Star's win on Saturday
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 24 Jun 20 17:54
French derbi?

Grin
By:
penzance
When: 25 Jun 20 14:24
Miltary March 32s to back on here,
is he a runner? Blank with some books
on oddschecker.
By:
ashleigh
When: 25 Jun 20 14:26
military march n/r.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 25 Jun 20 17:59
Reminiscent of St Nicholas Abbey which over a few days before the Derby drifted from 7/4 favourite to 20/1 before the stable announced it a non runner. The Gambling Commission got involved and some scapegoat stable staff got their knuckles wrapped.

The same applies to Military March over the last few days drifted from 6-1 out 14-1 in dribs and drabs as those in the know were drip feeding lay money into Betfair.

The Gambling Commission should get involved in my opinion.
By:
Try My Best
When: 25 Jun 20 21:26
What a poor Derby this is going to be. Kameko at 5/1 on here looks an unbelievable price. If it stays 1m 2f it will win never mind having to stay the extra 2f. I'm going in.
By:
driver2
When: 26 Jun 20 14:16
Highest Gnd N/R unlucky penzance. I've taken the 5s Kameko, with the field cutting up Balding will surely go for it.
By:
impossible123
When: 26 Jun 20 15:51
If Kameko was trained by Gosden and trainer expressed his lack of enthusiasm for the race I'd abstain from backing him. But, at 5/1 after winning 2000G it would be prudent to dip a toe in (against English King) and Co. I just hope he turns up next saturday.
By:
elisjohn
When: 26 Jun 20 16:15
is there any chance godolphin might bring victor ludorum over for this.
By:
impossible123
When: 26 Jun 20 16:28
Any other trainer apart from Fabre possibly. The Jockey Club has been his target even prior to his Fontainbleau run and 2000G triumph; 1m 2f is different to 1m 4f, asks connections of Roaring Lion.
By:
paulo47
When: 26 Jun 20 18:08
Bangkok was only 9/1 and he never ran a yard .
By:
impossible123
When: 26 Jun 20 20:47
I still remember that race,...but he did not win a 2000G; he best two slow boats in Telecaster and Technician. I believe his trainer said Epsom did not suit after. Let's hope Kameko can atone.
By:
penzance
When: 26 Jun 20 20:55
hope you do,m8,it was only last year.
Laugh
By:
elisjohn
When: 28 Jun 20 06:04
small boost in the irish version for english king through berkshire rocco.And would it really shock you with this lot that santiago might well be in next weeks race as well
By:
elisjohn
When: 28 Jun 20 10:46
obrien today, " any of saturdays runnerers could be entered tomorrow for the derby"
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 28 Jun 20 12:43
With a maximum of 20 runners he trying to STOP
Ingish runners playing

DISGRACEFULL

Shocked
By:
elisjohn
When: 28 Jun 20 12:59
agree, a horrible lot but doesnt matter how many runners he puts up, if kameko stays he wins
By:
impossible123
When: 28 Jun 20 13:11
Almost zero chance Santiago turning up after two consecutive hard Gp 1 races over  days. The Leger is his for the taking, I believe, if he does not do an Idaho.
By:
happysandwich
When: 28 Jun 20 13:26
Entries for the Derby are to be made on Monday, 29 June and the runners will be revealed shortly after 10am on Thursday, 2 June.

Shortly after = 3 days later.

So people at the BHA will know 3 days in advance who is not running while the punters are still betting on them?

I'll wait until Saturday, thanks.Grin
By:
Try My Best
When: 28 Jun 20 13:38
I would run Santiago. Guaranteed to stay and thought he showed a bit of pace on Saturday. Looks a hardy horse and don't see him turning out again much of a problem. Would give the race a much needed boost too.
By:
elisjohn
When: 28 Jun 20 14:01
no happy, tomorrow is 6 day decleration, which well know about dinner time whats added or taken out , then on wednesday or thursday depends if its 2 or 3 days final entries  well know the actual runners
By:
impossible123
When: 28 Jun 20 14:17
Is it a 3 day dec or back to 2 days now? It was 3 day dec when racing resumed. No info from The Exchange either.
By:
elisjohn
When: 28 Jun 20 14:30
im sure itll be wednesday
By:
penzance
When: 28 Jun 20 14:43
Entries wll be known Monday,runners
on Thursday.
By:
impossible123
When: 28 Jun 20 14:48
A 2-day dec then if confirmed runners on thursday. A bit of precipitation is expected from tuesday onward and most on the day of the race.
By:
happysandwich
When: 28 Jun 20 16:40
Thanks for that useful info elisjohn,

I read my first sentence somewhere and the “shortly after” just tickled me.
It doesn’t need a lot of sauce on my sandwich to put a smile on my face. Laugh

Let’s just hope Aiden sends a couple over to give English King a bit of ‘resistance’.
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 28 Jun 20 20:05
Betfair's rules...

All bets will be void in the event that horses from jurisdictions outside of the UK, deemed to make a material difference to the market, are prevented from entering this race.

Is there a realistic chance of that being applied? Or in the Oaks?
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 28 Jun 20 21:19
It didn`t in the Guineas.
By:
elisjohn
When: 28 Jun 20 21:52
pete, no chance whatsover
By:
elisjohn
When: 28 Jun 20 21:56
the only scenario that would happen is, if irish horses were banned from coming over this weekdue to the covid , then the oaks would be voided coz of love,
By:
the bairn
When: 28 Jun 20 23:43
I think it costs £10,000 to enter on monday, it would then be crazy to withdraw on thursday, surely you would know if your horse is good enough to have a reasonable chance, or maybe put in as spoilers. cheers.
By:
elisjohn
When: 29 Jun 20 09:37
rain about this week, surely not the best news for the fav english king imo, cant see him winning at all and reckon that 3.75 is a super lay , will surely be nearer 4/1 , 9/2 at the off, camelot wasnt a soft ground horse , and zafonic was simply a miler
By:
elisjohn
When: 29 Jun 20 10:41
according to horse racing forum, 21 left in, 14 from coolmoreCry, inc santigo and the 2nd from saturday, and i didnt put a tenner on santigo after the irish at 100s or more on hereCry, when i suspected he might be included
By:
elisjohn
When: 29 Jun 20 12:08
latest news from horse racing forum, now 17 left in derby, but no  santiago or tiger moth, santiago was around 16 to lay on here about an hour ago,
By:
roadrunner46
When: 29 Jun 20 13:00
the last horse i can remember winning  the lingfield  derby  trial stakes on route  to success  in the derby was high rise in 1998

high rise carrying  8.7 won that trial in 224.80 (1.00) fast

english king carrying  9.0 won in 224.36 (1.44) fast
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 29 Jun 20 13:57
Thanks. That's what I thought, but it's always nice to be reassured.
By:
elisjohn
When: 29 Jun 20 15:16
why pete, have you got a nice ante post bet going on the derby or oaks ?
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com