Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hibore
03 Jun 20 20:29
| Topic/replies: 2,741 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
One of my favourite races of the year. Most horses are double price at the moment so plenty of value if your pin hits the right horse.
I was impressed with Frankly Darling on Monday and had a modest bet at 33/1 and 16/1. Pricewise has put up Peaceful and Frankly Darling up in his column today.

Any thoughts on the other runners ?
Show More
Report FOYLESWAR June 6, 2020 9:55 PM BST
yes hibore i have backed shimmering from the same yard as yours ,runs in tommorows guineas with frankie up, bred for further than 1m and i have taken the 50s each way interesting shes pitched into the deep end tommorow and on form she has a lot to find think tommorows mile will be too short but will have a svaver each way tommorow just in case . good luck.
Report FOYLESWAR June 11, 2020 8:28 PM BST
shimmering bet down the khazi ! have followed you in on frankly darling ,missed the 33s and 16s but think the 12s each way is still worth a pop ,obviously love will be hard to beat but anything can happen the newcastle win was impressive and she should come on a bundle for that ,obviously needs to improve but should  have  frankie onboard and that counts for plenty. distance should suit and trainer has won it 3 times so knows whats needed . also  had an each way double with mogul for the derby 12s and 8s  good luck.
Report FELTFAIR June 12, 2020 7:29 PM BST
Quadrilateral drifting like a barge.
Report elisjohn June 13, 2020 11:57 AM BST
frankly darling 7/4 fav runs on tuesday, ribblesdale
Report Try My Best June 13, 2020 7:26 PM BST
Fillies looking better than the colts imo and the Oaks looks like it's going to be belter
Report elisjohn June 13, 2020 8:00 PM BST
im not so sure, look on  so wonderful today close up and still a maidenWink, love won well and is probably the best filly   out there and she was 3/6 last year.
just thinking before last week, pinatubo would have started 1/5 to beat love and peaceful
Report Try My Best June 13, 2020 8:06 PM BST
Fair comment
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 16, 2020 2:37 PM BST
Frankly darling impresses

Wink
Report FOYLESWAR June 16, 2020 2:44 PM BST
very smooth win that was .
Report Cauthenmeister June 16, 2020 3:15 PM BST
No mention of Gosden's Franconia on here yet. I liked her win on Saturday and would think it will be a tough choice for Frankie.
Report impossible123 June 16, 2020 3:40 PM BST
On a line with Cabaletta Frankly Darling has a bit to find with Franconia. I do not think AOB will lose much sleep either given the run of Ennistymon.
Report FOYLESWAR June 16, 2020 3:47 PM BST
you think frankly darling didnt have anything up her sleeve impossible?
Report FOYLESWAR June 16, 2020 3:48 PM BST
or do you think enis was a bit unlucky?
Report impossible123 June 16, 2020 4:38 PM BST
Frankly Darling won despite pulling early on. If held up longer and then sprinted away to win her race I'd be impressed. I'm not sure how good the horses she beat were. Then again I said the same about Enable when she out ran Rhododendron in the Oaks. I hope I'm not wrong this time.
Report FOYLESWAR June 16, 2020 5:47 PM BST
looked impressive to me but as you say may not have beat a lot ,still she is open to a lot more improvement .
Report Hibore June 16, 2020 9:09 PM BST
I’ve watched the race a few times now. FD is obviously very highly strung which accounts for the hood she wears to the start. The first part of the race could not have been run any worse....without any meaningful pace which caused FD to pull as hard as any horse in the race for nearly 3 furlongs. At this point I thought it wasn’t to be and that she would struggle to get home. The fact she had the raw ability to quicken clear 2 out and put the race to bed is testament to her class.

Epsom is the next stop. The track should suit her better with a 4 furlong climb which should allow her to drop the bit and get into a similar rhythm to Newcastle and with any amount of improvement still to come I’m sure O’Brien ISN’T thinking Love is a shoe in.
Report Cauthenmeister June 17, 2020 11:58 AM BST
Quadrilateral now running over a mile on Saturday with Charlton saying the Diane looks far more suitable than Epsom if and when she steps up in trip. That suggests to me that Franconia will be heading to Epsom.
Report Hibore June 17, 2020 2:55 PM BST
Franconia going for French Oaks I thought ?
Report FOYLESWAR June 17, 2020 3:20 PM BST
yeah me too.
Report Cauthenmeister June 17, 2020 3:23 PM BST
I was just going from the Charlton interview this morning, and hoping the owner wants an Epsom runner.
Report impossible123 June 17, 2020 3:27 PM BST
I think the Epsom Oaks could be a step too far for Quadrilateral at the moment steeping up from 8f to 12f. Also, the minor predicament with Love and Frankly Darling in opposition (probably); French Oaks would be an astute choice.
Report Millerracing67 June 25, 2020 7:31 PM BST
Would be very interested in Raabihah if she were to come over for our Oaks??
Think she could be very smart, had a small poke at 36.0 for The Arc.
Report impossible123 June 25, 2020 9:41 PM BST
A 2-horse race between Love (unproven on trip) and Frankly Darling (proven). Another Rhododendron vs Enable; fav vs 2nd fav. Same result?
Report Paterson92 June 26, 2020 11:14 AM BST
Having backed Frankly Darling I certainly hope that’s the case impossible123 but I do fear Love is a bit special - O’Brien seems confident going by recent comments. I also hope Frankly Darling settles a bit better to give her every chance on the day.

Will be interesting to see the SP’s of the market leaders.
Report impossible123 June 28, 2020 2:50 PM BST
Frankly Darling is on the drift; matched at 4.3 from 3.75. Is something amiss with her? I hope not.
Report impossible123 June 28, 2020 3:53 PM BST
Market manipulation it turns out.
Report elisjohn June 29, 2020 11:02 AM BST
9  left in, 7 from coolmoreCryCryCryCryCryCry
Report elisjohn June 29, 2020 3:34 PM BST
11 left in sorryWhoops
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 2, 2020 5:08 PM BST
Just the 8 entries
Looks like the Shergar cup
There are 3 teams

AIDEN
GOSDEN and
VARIAN

Whose gonna blink first?

Laugh
Report Paterson92 July 2, 2020 10:02 PM BST
Assuming all 8 stand their ground, Ennistymon each way at 7’s with 365 is a cracking bet.

She’s as short as 9/2 with PP/BF.
Report Paterson92 July 2, 2020 10:08 PM BST
365 are also Best Odds Guaranteed for the race at the moment.
Report FELTFAIR July 3, 2020 6:04 PM BST
Hoping the ground is "good" and Love proves a special filly.
Report impossible123 July 3, 2020 6:48 PM BST
A likely AOB 1-2, I think.
Report Figgis July 3, 2020 9:09 PM BST
Despite some of the subsequent poor displays from some of the Guineas runners I still have it as an up to scratch winning performance from Love, and if she can run even close to that over the longer trip it'll take an exceptional performance to beat her. As to her staying or not, I wouldn't be truly confident either way. A bigger doubt I have about her is whether she will go on on from the Guineas. For some horses the Guineas is the culmination of what they achieved as a 2yo, and they don't do much after reaching that peak. For others it's a platform for them to have a great 3yo season. At this stage I'm more inclined to view Love in the former camp and so have no interest in her at a short price.

Frankly Darling was fairly impressive to the eye at Ascot, but I rate her a few pounds below an average Oaks winner. Possibly she can improve again, or if Love runs below par and nothing else steps up she may not need to, but I couldn't back her at this kind of price. The rest need to improve even more than her. Most of them look pretty exposed apart from Gold Wand. I was quite taken with her on debut where she ran very promisingly in defeat. I couldn't say she proved she had built on that on her reappearance at Newbury, but the race was very slowly run so it was difficult to show much more than she did. Again I was impressed with how she travelled and think she could leave that moderate form behind in a faster run race. Whether she is up to this level is total guesswork, but, in a race lacking depth and with doubts about the front two in the market, I'm having a small bet on her.
Report impossible123 July 4, 2020 3:49 PM BST
Another Minding perhaps.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 4, 2020 3:49 PM BST
Its all
LOVE

IMPRESSIVE

Grin
Report FELTFAIR July 4, 2020 3:49 PM BST
Special, special filly.
Report FELTFAIR July 4, 2020 3:49 PM BST
Special, special filly.
Report Howellsy July 4, 2020 4:40 PM BST
Group 1 horse in a group 2 race but the time stacks up.
Report impossible123 July 14, 2020 4:19 PM BST
Irish Oaks (18th): AOB has 6, the principal 2 are Ennistymon (2nd to Love) at 5/1, and Peaceful (4/1). The fav is Fancy Blue (Diane winner) at 3/1; Cayenne Pepper (2nd to Magical) at 7/2; father and sons have 8 between them in a possible 12 runner field.
Report penzance July 14, 2020 6:59 PM BST
Fancy Blue might be Nassau bound and
miss this.
Report impossible123 July 14, 2020 7:48 PM BST
I thought Fancy Blue would skip the Irish Oaks given Peaceful is also in the same ownership, and was more fancied in the 'Diane'; Peaceful (antepost 2nd fav to Love at Epsom) was also closing at the finish after encountering traffic in the far from ideal soft going in that 1m 2.5f race; Peaceful was antepost 2nd fav to Love at Epsom.

Ennistymon is fav on account of her 2nd to Love, but was beaten 9 lengths.
Report elisjohn July 16, 2020 7:54 AM BST
isnt everyone going way over the top about love, above average 2 year old, who won the 1000 gns easily from a 2nd whos only won a maiden and a 3rd who hasnt even won a maiden in about a dozen races. The oaks nothing in that race again except horses who only won maidens between them in loads of races, bar frankly darling who definetly didnt run her race, but after saying that won a shocking group2 ribblesdale, ( where someone had to win)  and was massivly over hyped on her 2 previous runs .
Love 7/2 for the arc has to be the worst bet ive probably ever seen, anyway i think she,ll head for leger myself, obrien desperate for a triple crown and could set up the race for herWink.
Report Figgis July 16, 2020 1:36 PM BST
Joint best Oaks winning performance since I've been following racing seriously (35 years). A rest until the small formality of the Yorkshire Oaks. Other than injury or an unexpected nosedive in form I don't see her beaten in the Arc.
Report penzance July 16, 2020 3:47 PM BST
read somewhere that Love's targets
are the Yorkshire Oaks,then,The Arc.
Report impossible123 July 16, 2020 3:50 PM BST
AOB is very unlikely (almost zero chance) to run his top filly Love against his colts (Santiago/possibly Serpentine and others) with the race at his mercy. Love is destined for possibly the Yorkshire Oaks (against Star Catcher) then The ARC. I agree Love beat nothing as the 3rd Frankly Darling was unsuited by Epsom. Nevertheless, the winning margin was impressive as Love was powering away from the 2f marker after being 12/15l behind the pacesetter to win 9l.
Report impossible123 July 16, 2020 3:56 PM BST
Also, I do not think AOB will run the Epsom Derby and Irish Derby winners against each other in the English Leger; the winner of the Irish Derby won the Queen's Vase over the Leger distance thus most probably (and already implied/stated by AOB) the English Leger was his next objective with or without another run prior.
Report elisjohn July 18, 2020 8:25 PM BST
told you about love, the 2nd in oaks not sighted with binoculars todayLaugh
Report FELTFAIR July 18, 2020 8:35 PM BST
Except Passion was just behind Even So and was 15 lengths behind Love at Epsom. Keep up.
Report elisjohn July 18, 2020 8:52 PM BST
yes but passion was used as pace maker at epsom.
Report impossible123 July 19, 2020 9:38 AM BST
A hard race and the ground could be a factor too for Ennistymon; Cayenne Pepper seemed to be outstayed, and Lyon thought the winner might not be good enough to win it.

That about sums up the race ie one of the worst renewals ever.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com