Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
25 Jun 19 12:56
| Topic/replies: 17,162 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
10 declared, 7 obrien {6 aiden , 1 joseph} , so sad  to see  what racing is these days, hopefully madhmoon will spoil the party

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 75
By:
impossible123
When: 25 Jun 19 14:46
What is the point of sending the Epsom over-rans without expenses paid? Those finishing outside 1st 6 eg Humanitarian (thrashed in his latest run by Japan) would have no chance at all, all things being equal.

It is what it is, and let's hope Madhmoon can serve it up to the Coolmore mob to prevent a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for AOB; the pace could be searching to draw the sting out of Madhmoon, no doubt.
By:
elisjohn
When: 25 Jun 19 15:31
shocking state of uk racing and our young trainersCry, shame sottsass not here, oh for generous,troy, shergar ,sharastanhi, salsabil, old vic days
By:
impossible123
When: 25 Jun 19 15:47
Also, the Irish Derby is usually not on the agenda of the Epsom victors unless it is Coolmore or Irish trained eg Golden Horn and (Masar), both opted for the Eclipse instead. Conversely, Harzand, Australia and Sinndar - all Irish trained - turned-up and won. No chance of the French winner turning up either given the Grand Prix de Paris and Arc their main objectives, if memory serves.
By:
woodmanchester
When: 25 Jun 19 16:45
Still cant believe Madhmoon or Dragonet didn't win at Epsom. Counting my chickens with a furlong to go. Late rattle of Van Dyck cost me dearly. If Madhmoon stays on a little better, can turn the tables with the 11/8 fav looking rather short to me. He might just go the same way as Phoenix

Madhmoon, unsually, well off the rails in the Derby and with a better course, thought worth a stab at 3/1 anyway
By:
elisjohn
When: 25 Jun 19 17:16
dont fancy madhmoon at all to be honest, id like him to win but ill be laying him
By:
impossible123
When: 25 Jun 19 17:28
AVD (and Broome) ran further than most including Madhmoon so more likely to uphold the form, all things being equal; AOB will ensure the pace is strong (for the benefit of Madhmoon and Broome) - the going is good to yielding (whatever that may mean) with little precipitation forecast. Another benefit race for Coolmore, I expect.
By:
elisjohn
When: 25 Jun 19 17:39
the french winner used to come for the irish  derby every year early 90s, suave dancer, dream well ,montjeu,hernando to name a few, but yes since the french is 10 furlongs its not so appealing,
By:
woodmanchester
When: 26 Jun 19 13:16
Madhmoon clipped in again

5/2 best now
By:
impossible123
When: 26 Jun 19 15:22
A better forecast return for the O'Brien pair then. And, I might do a Broome vs Madhmoon bet on the day if the price is right.
By:
kincsem
When: 26 Jun 19 17:02
Broome this time.
By:
flushgordon1
When: 26 Jun 19 17:14
Van Dyck wins by further ,on the bridle.
By:
impossible123
When: 26 Jun 19 17:24
I'd go with Broome if the ground was soft; good to yielding at the present time.
By:
woodmanchester
When: 26 Jun 19 18:37
Think it will be good going with no rain forecast Friday and a high of 25 degrees
By:
Charlton2005
When: 27 Jun 19 06:45
woodmanchester
26 Jun 19 14:16
Joined: 25 Aug 11 | Topic/replies: 28,213 | Blogger: woodmanchester's blog
Madhmoon clipped in again

5/2 best now

thx woodman
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 27 Jun 19 07:26
how many runners likely for this ? going by the betting on here around 5 3 from ballydoyle .
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 27 Jun 19 07:28
sorry 4 from aob Cry ffs someone have the balls to take him on other than hamdan !
By:
elisjohn
When: 27 Jun 19 07:46
its destroying my enjoyment of group 1 races foyles , i was just watching an eclipse now on you tube when mtoto beat ref point, triptych, milligram bellotto, we dont get standards like this anymore.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 27 Jun 19 07:53
yes ej they are handing it to ballydoyle ona plate  , looks like they are gonna sacrifice sovreing and norway and make this a really true test ,could see them getting the 123 here if only 5 runners .
By:
elisjohn
When: 27 Jun 19 08:09
surely there has to be a blame here on uk trainers, we cant rely on stoute/ gosden all the time to provide opposition, (what the hell are our young trainers doing, the baldings, varians, beckets, simcocks,hannon ,and yes godolphin  come on step up}, vincent obrien had the best horses , but races then were competitive, but now its bloody ridicilous.
By:
elisjohn
When: 27 Jun 19 08:17
ps worse thing is these coolmore horses would only be group 2 standard if that  in the 70s/ 2000s, , hermosa, magna grecia, capri, kew gardens, wings of eagle, avdyke, latrobeLaugh,treasure beach, cirrus maximus, seventh heaven to name a few.
By:
elisjohn
When: 27 Jun 19 09:49
8 declared, 5 coolmore , plus madhmoon, rakan and guaranteed. 365 go avd 5/4, madhmoon5/2, broome 11/4, 20/1 bar
By:
impossible123
When: 27 Jun 19 15:27
A good betting opportunity present if one does not fancy the fav. And, I firmly believe Coolmore will ensure a truly run race in play as it will stretch the stamina of Madhmoon to breaking point, and play into the hand of Broome, the horse that finished best at Epsom. But, the most likely winner is AVD, I think; forecast with Broome.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 27 Jun 19 17:56
suspended why?
By:
elisjohn
When: 27 Jun 19 18:14
no, its now under day of the race market
By:
impossible123
When: 27 Jun 19 18:56
Magnier insisted on having 5 runners to ensure place betting of 1st, 2nd and 3rd hence the inclusion of Il Paradiso; bookie's at heart.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 27 Jun 19 19:11
yeah thanks elis j
By:
Charlton2005
When: 27 Jun 19 19:13
yes bungle...
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 28 Jun 19 07:25
brief write up ............welds rakan progrssive held in high regard strong at finish last time lightly raced and 20/1 gotta find a fair bit but could do has avoided the rigours of epsom and may be a bit fresher than some .

rakan win 20/1 .............win and place ktcyfa
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 28 Jun 19 07:38
might even have some on the 3 places market if the odds are favorable .^^^
By:
Charlton2005
When: 28 Jun 19 08:18
well that's why magnier has entered il paradsio Foyles, so he can get on. Laugh

bungle...wac
By:
impossible123
When: 28 Jun 19 09:24
I'd 'lay' Madhmoon for 2 places, similarly Wild Illusion.
By:
impossible123
When: 29 Jun 19 09:26
No match betting between AVD or Broome vs Madhmooon; Madhmoon is 1.93 for 2 places,...1.8 anyone?
By:
dunlaying
When: 29 Jun 19 11:55
I think it is more open than the betting suggests .
By:
twonky
When: 29 Jun 19 21:24
Now I've got to say something...firstly my bet was Il Paradisio ew, on the basis of time between races, came nowhere...bet lost...fair enough. But how corrupt was that race? If  sovereign was a genuine winner, and he looked it, then that's your arc winner. If, as I think that cool more manipulated that race and turned it into a Shergar cup race then that's disrepute.
By:
twonky
When: 29 Jun 19 21:29
My guess is the race wasn't straight....another group 1 winner in the barn?.stud fees.
By:
twonky
When: 29 Jun 19 21:32
We saw all this a few years ago with Australia, when it as patently obvious that the better horse Adelaide was sacriftriced for him....naming purposes
By:
unclepuncle
When: 29 Jun 19 22:13
Best horse on the day won, nothing sinister to see here.
By:
Capt__F
When: 29 Jun 19 23:59
only you
By:
dunlaying
When: 30 Jun 19 08:59
It would be unwise to disregard the form completely .Sovereign was beaten about 4 lengths by Japan and Mount Everest last year . Plenty of us backed those to win at Epsom .
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com