Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bazzar
01 Aug 13 07:55
| Topic/replies: 6,316 | Blogger: bazzar's blog
Has anyone got any info as regards intended entries from Britain, failing that a site with possible info of such?
Pause Switch to Standard View MELBOURNE CUP.
Show More
Report kavvie October 14, 2013 8:09 PM BST
sid are you missing out on his g1 and g2 form in staying races?
Report MrDinos October 17, 2013 8:30 PM BST
TRES BLUE UPDATES

RacingNetwork.com.au

Gai Waterhouse is looking forward to this coming Saturday not just because she has two runners in the $2.65 million Caulfield Cup (2400m).

Gai will put the saddles on former Irish gallopers Glencadam Gold and Julienas in the Caulfield Cup, but her attention earlier in the day will be drawn to the Werribee Quarantine Centre.

Her latest international arrival will be the highly-rated Tres Blue, a horse purchased and sent to Australia with one race in mind – the Melbourne Cup.

“I’m excited about him, can’t wait to see how he has travelled when he gets here on Saturday morning,” Waterhouse told Racing Network this morning.

“He’s a beautiful horse, totally different to Fiorente, but I’ve been studying his videos and watching his form and he’s an exciting horse with genuine class,” she settled.

“I’m really looking forward to him arriving.”

Round Table Racing on Twitter

Today's update on Tres Blue. His UK prep could not have gone better. Now wishing him the safest of travels to Aus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xvbV6o3m5E

HappyHappy
Report RozelKid October 18, 2013 4:01 PM BST
Think Masked Marvel should be there or thereabouts , on at 33s 2 weeks back.

Good luck all
Report EastLower Gooner October 18, 2013 7:02 PM BST
Taking a shot with My Quest for Peace tomorrow.....Drawn pretty well with Glencadem Gold to his outside so he should get a sweet tow off that one. Also would ignore most of his form his season....no idea why they were running him in the Doomben 10000 other than to get him race fit and cherry ripe..should love this step back up to 12 furlongs. Corey Brown flying in for the ride too. also like the odds.....30/1 will do for me.
Report sintonian October 18, 2013 7:03 PM BST
Wasn't Fiorente supposed to run in this? Will he head straight there now? On Twitter Gai Waterhouse keeps calling him a Superstar! Deffo the one to beat. He is perfectly bred for this race.
Report sintonian October 18, 2013 7:05 PM BST
In the Caulfield Cup I mean ..
Report Me2 October 19, 2013 4:11 AM BST
Fiorente is going for the Cox Plate.  In her blog, Gai talks about Fiorente doing the Cox Plate Melbourne Cup double.  ROFLMAO, I suppose.
Report MrDinos October 19, 2013 9:56 AM BST
Round Table Racing on Twitter

So pleased to report Tres Blue has arrived safely at Werribee. He looks bright + v relaxed. Excited

Also on the plane were VEREMA, VOLEUSE DE COEURS, DUNADEN, RED CADEAUX, BROWN PANTHER, SHIKARPOUR and G1 Miler HAVANA GOLD.
Report judorick October 22, 2013 7:49 PM BST
wow, this is the first time I've looked at this thread

been looking at this race and came on to say 'really fancy Puissance De Lune'

and the very first reply to the OP on page 1 says they'll never beat it

Surprised
Report sintonian October 26, 2013 10:02 PM BST
He ran a shocker today Judo.

Big run from Fiorente in 3rd from his wide draw conceding 9KG to winner. He is clear favourite now. If he gets a decent draw i'm all in.
Report therhino October 27, 2013 12:14 AM BST
Puissane De lune is out of the Melbourne Cup after pulling up lame in the Cox plate.
Report bazzar October 27, 2013 11:37 AM GMT
Can anyone confirm that this time of the year in Australia is their spring?
Report secong coming. October 27, 2013 9:37 PM GMT
spring started sept 1st
Report racingpoet October 28, 2013 4:11 PM GMT
Does anyone know if Verema definitely gets in?

She is 27 on the list published today and I know the field size is 24 but I'm not sure if the Prix Kergolay is one of the win and you're in races.
Report AFL October 28, 2013 5:34 PM GMT
Verema is 15th in order ......so is in.

Simenon is now 23 in order and is in as well now.
Report racingpoet October 28, 2013 5:42 PM GMT
Top job thanks very much AFL.
Report Bisbee October 28, 2013 6:30 PM GMT
Simenon isn't safely in just yet. The winners of the Lexus and Mackinnon stakes at Flemington on Saturday are exempt from the ballot. Could be a nervous wait.
Report racingpoet October 28, 2013 6:52 PM GMT
I read somewhere today that Richard Hughes had been booked to ride Simenon so thought he was in. Maybe not 100% confirmed to run then...
Report MrDinos October 28, 2013 7:54 PM GMT
Well pleased with Tommy Berry getting the ride on Tres Blue, this fella is top draw IMO and a massive plus. His winning ride on Military Attack earlier on in the year at Sha Tin was sensational, he's a big race jockey and his results this year and last year prove it.

The only negative Tres Blue has is the record of 3yr olds in the race but he gets to carry a low weight (8st 0lb), so for me it's more of a plus. His form winning the Grand Prix De Deauville G2 has been franked by Cirrus Des Aigles and Penglai Pavilion, both winning next time up and running well in two G1's respectively. 25-1 still on offer is a big price and after the news on Sunday that TB got the ride I topped up my 33-1 EW bets and added 25-1 EW with BV.

It looks like it will be Good, quick ground next Tuesday (sunny weather for 7 days) which will be another tick for Tres Blue, he has shown he likes Good ground coming a narrow 2nd in the German Derby (19 runners), plus he's by Anabaa Blue who loved quicker ground. I think more improvement will come on better ground and a longer trip. His gradual improvement has come when he has been stepped up in trip and I really do think this race is made for him... well, that's what I'm hoping for!!!

His inexperience might catch him out against some seasoned campaigners but he has already shown large fields and racing against older horses hold no fears.

I can't wait for next Tuesday, it should be a cracker.

Good luck all!
Report Graeme83 October 28, 2013 8:20 PM GMT
var/sim for me....it wouldn't be a pitty if the Ozzy's corrupted the race and gave multiple entries to the hopeless, in order to keep other peoples chances out. You have to laugh at people calling Gai Waterhouse the queen. Her horses take more drugs than Pete Docherty.
Report Graeme83 October 28, 2013 8:20 PM GMT
would be a pitty *
Report johnnyrant October 28, 2013 8:52 PM GMT
Ahead of next Tues, can anyone recommend a link that will offer live streaming of the race? I will not have access to ATR. Thanks in advance.
Report AFL October 28, 2013 9:45 PM GMT
My apologies for the incorrect info re: Simenon.
Report Tascro October 29, 2013 10:57 AM GMT
Agree with everything you say Mr Dinos. Have been backing him for a good while now, still surprised there is plenty of 20s available. Tommy Berry is a huge plus.
Report judorick October 29, 2013 5:38 PM GMT
Well I have done my short list:

Green Moon
Manighar (looking like not running imo)
Voleuse de Coeurs
Fiorente

just waiting on the draw now
Report sintonian October 30, 2013 2:31 PM GMT
Currently Fiorente is a standout 13/2, 4 places, with 3.65, whilst most others are 5/1. I've had a small nibble at the price. He's been running well over 10f and shorter in AUS when really he is bred for middle-distances and further. His best efforts have come over 12f on Soft and then 2 miles last year in this race. He is crying out for this trip.
Report judorick October 30, 2013 3:38 PM GMT
yes sint, can't see me backing anything else, I will be happy to have a smaller price once he gets a decent draw
Report MrDinos October 30, 2013 7:11 PM GMT
TRES BLUE UPDATE

Article from www.sportsfan.com.au

There is hardly a more encouraging phenomenon in racing than an enthusiastic Gai Waterhouse - and at Werribee on Wednesday she was at her passionate best.

The object of the Waterhouse ardour was her Melbourne Cup newcomer Tres Blue whose qualities have excited his trainer from the day he arrived from France.

But on Wednesday she discovered a new facet to a horse who is creeping steadily into Cup reckoning.

"He's very light on his feet," Waterhouse said.

"Every day he's been here he's improved. He's loving the work, he's doing it well and he's very happy.

"But I think you saw another aspect of him today."

Tres Blue galloped over 1400m at Werribee with race jockey Tommy Berry in the saddle, finishing off strongly and continuing his work well after the line.

"He picked up nicely and finished it off more like a sprinter than a stayer," Waterhouse said.

The gallop is likely to be Tres Blue's final fast work before Tuesday's race for which he is a $21 chance.

But his workload won't decrease for at least a few more days.

"He's put on an enormous amount of weight since he's been here - he's strengthened right up," his trainer said.

"In 10 days he's put on 25 kilos, he's just thriving.

"The more work he does the more he eats. He's loving it.

As unlikely as it may be that any doubt existed in the Waterhouse mind over Tres Blue, there was just a little to do with the horse's relative inexperience.

But such thoughts have since been expelled.

"I think he's well and truly mature enough," she said.

"No problems with maturity."

Gai is getting me excited! Excited
Report HaylingBilly October 30, 2013 7:31 PM GMT
judo - is the draw that relevant ? what does a good draw look like ?
Report MrDinos October 30, 2013 7:41 PM GMT
The info below is from Racecaller Melbourne Cup Trends 2013

In the past 10 years 16 of 20 horses to finish 1st or 2nd have been drawn in stalls 7 to 15.

Shocking did amazingly well to win from stall 21 in 2009 as there has been a large big draw bias towards being drawn in the centre. The likely reasoning for this is that horses drawn on the inside will struggle to get a run if they do not break well while horses drawn wide may have to expend a lot of energy to get a good early position.

Sums it up pretty well IMO.
Report judorick October 30, 2013 7:43 PM GMT
In the past 10 years 16 of 20 horses to finish 1st or 2nd have been drawn in stalls 7 to 15.

so that's what I will be looking for
Report judorick October 30, 2013 7:43 PM GMT
yup useful site indeed
Report Me2 October 30, 2013 7:45 PM GMT
I think there was a headwind in Shocking's year, so when he was three wide or whatever and exposed in the back straight he was dealing with a tailwind, and therefore not inconvenienced.
Report HaylingBilly October 30, 2013 7:55 PM GMT
Always good to learn.......I genuinely thought the draw was almost irrelevant.

Melbourne Cup Winners Draw
The draw for the Melbourne Cup is made on Victoria Derby day, three days before the race itself and as far as trends go, it doesn't appear to be as big a factor as it is in many races in Europe. The most successful Melbourne Cup draw is stall (or barrier) eleven with seven wins, whilst draw fourteen has had six winners.

It's widely regarded that the extremes are not good when it comes to the Melbourne Cup draw and trainers would prefer their horses to be drawn around the middle opposed to the low or high numbers.

Report HaylingBilly October 30, 2013 7:58 PM GMT
http://melbourne-cup.betting-directory.com/betting-trends.php
Report cabbage patch November 1, 2013 7:35 PM GMT
I see Simenon now gets in (RP)
Report sintonian November 1, 2013 8:27 PM GMT
Fiorente seems unfancied over here, is drifting a bit and is 9.4 on the exchange.

My other bet in the race is Royal Empire for Godolphin. He has looked really progressive this summer winning at Listed and G3 level before finishing 2nd under penalties in another couple of Group 3s. Last time out he was conceding 10lb to Secret Number. He takes the same route as Lost In The Moment via Ascot who was a very creditable 6th at Flemington. 33/1 looks huge to me. Excited
Report judorick November 1, 2013 8:48 PM GMT
waiting for the draw but 9.4 is huge for Fiorente
Report sintonian November 2, 2013 8:07 AM GMT
Drawn 5 for Fiorente. 22 for Mount Athos. 11 for Royal Empire.
Report MrDinos November 2, 2013 8:47 AM GMT
Barrier 20 for Tres Blue not great but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I backed Jakkalberry EW last year and he was in barrier 19 and nearly won (3rd), if you look at the history (since 1925) of the race, horses have won from nearly every barrier. The only one you wouldn't want to be in is 18 (Hawkspur), no horse has won the Melbourne Cup from that barrier since 1925!
Report FatoteSport November 2, 2013 8:55 AM GMT
MELBOURNE CUP (3200m), FLEMINGTON, NOVEMBER 5 . FINAL FIELD

(Apprentices cannot claim) Prize money: $6,000,000; 1st $3,600,000 and trophies $200,000; 2nd $900,000; 3rd $450,000; 4th $250,000; 5th $175,000; 6th-10th $125,000.

1 _ 3228 Dunaden (1) cw J Spencer 58.5 $26

2 _ s599 Green Moon (10) tc B Prebble 57.5 $26

3 _ 9624 Red Cadeaux (23) w G Mosse 56.5 $41

4 _ 0021 Sea Moon (7) w S Arnold 56.5 $14

5 _ s115 Brown Panther (6) dw R Kingscote 55 $21

6 _ 6143 Fiorente (5) wh D Oliver 55 $7.50

7 _ 1024 Foreteller (15) twh C Newitt 55 $21

8 _ 2212 Dandino (4) w R Moore 54.5 $9

9 _ 5004 Ethiopia (14) R McLeod 54.5 $61

10 _ 7531 Fawkner (8) twn N Hall 54.5 $16

11 _ s787 Mourayan (19) tdw B Avdulla 54.5 $101

12 _ 0917 Seville (9) m H Bowman 54.5 $19

13 _ 4935 Super Cool (13) th C Brown 54.5 $41

14 _ 0320 Masked Marvel (2) M Rodd 54 $31

15 _ 1582 Mount Athos (22) b C Williams 54 $7.50

16 _ 1122 Royal Empire (11) K McEvoy 54 $21

17 _ 1321 Voleuse De Coeurs (21) dwh J McDonald 54 $12

18 _ 1457 Hawkspur (18) wb J Cassidy 53.5 $11

19 _ 4223 Simenon (12) dw R Hughes 53.5 $19

20 _ 1801 Ibicenco (17) dw L Nolen 53 $41

21 _ 2511 Verema (3) w C Lemaire 53 $14

22 _ 3832 Dear Demi (16) tw C Munce 51 $16

23 _ 3211 Tres Blue (20) wh T Berry 51 $19

24 _ 3321 Ruscello (24) t C Schofield 50 $41
Report judorick November 2, 2013 10:48 AM GMT
My final short list is:

Green Moon
Fiorente
Seville
Verema
Report Graeme83 November 2, 2013 11:47 AM GMT
Verema(3) and Simenon(12). That'll do me. One owner has about 5 horses, and they all got drawn 10 or under. What are the chances of any of them doing some rough work and ruining it for someone else ?
Report Tascro November 2, 2013 12:09 PM GMT
Will there be much pace in the race?
Report EastLower Gooner November 2, 2013 4:23 PM GMT
Verema pour moi. Hopefully things don't get too rough few her early from #3 (something Tres Blue doesn't have to worry about). otherwise looks good. trainer and jockey know how to get this done. 

Might play them both in an exacta.
Report AFL November 3, 2013 12:07 AM GMT
Shirley.....Simenon has to race on or near the speed and  turn the pace on about a mile out.

The trainer has said he is aware that you need a horse that can both sprint and stay to win the Cup, and that is why he has set this horse for the race. 

So tactical speed to put itself into a position on/or setting the pace....and the stamina to grind them home from a mile out.
Report judorick November 3, 2013 12:15 AM GMT
Simenon has never won a group race, be a bit strange if he won his first one in this race imo
Report AFL November 3, 2013 12:18 AM GMT
Has it placed or run a good race in any?

A maiden won the Cox Plate last week.
Report judorick November 3, 2013 12:22 AM GMT
a 3 year old with good form
Simenon is 6 and never won a Group race, was second in a 2 mile 4 furlong Grade 1 this year
Report AFL November 3, 2013 12:28 AM GMT
Cheers, fair enough.

So it has the stamina and the trainer has said that he is aware that stamina alone is not enough for the cup.... so it must have some tactical speed as well.

A good combination for this race if it has the speed as well imo.
Report judorick November 3, 2013 12:39 AM GMT
not for me, Seville as an ex Euro horse been second in the Dante Stakes, second in the Irish Derby is a much more likely type than Simenon, got lots more speed than him, likewise Fiorente who is a similar type

Simenon started life as a jumping horse
Report AFL November 3, 2013 12:50 AM GMT
No worries ive got Simenon and Seville Happy

Good luck. Wink
Report kavvie November 3, 2013 6:24 AM GMT
simenon started life as a 1m2 horse..where do you get ur info from jud?
Report sintonian November 3, 2013 6:50 AM GMT
Judo, what you're forgetting with Simenon is the upgrade in stable since his early flat racing years. WPM has improved this horse enormously.
Report judorick November 3, 2013 11:14 AM GMT
yet he still has not won a Group race
Report G1_Jockey_4 November 3, 2013 2:13 PM GMT
the (tres) blue and black panther show

jesus the commission on the aussie markets are scandalous
Report Graeme83 November 3, 2013 2:58 PM GMT
You might want to check the colour of yer panther. Strange how he is double the price of Athos though.
Report MrDinos November 3, 2013 4:28 PM GMT
Graeme83

One owner has about 5 horses, and they all got drawn 10 or under. What are the chances of any of them doing some rough work and ruining it for someone else?

Aussie trainer Robert Hickmott is the man in question and he has SIX, yes SIX runners in this race and all of them are owned by N C Williams, Mr & Mrs L J Williams Et Al. I would love to know the riding instructions for this lot! I agree Graeme this could get messy and screw up the whole race, five of them are drawn middle to low. Are they going to sacrifice some of their runners to gain an advantage and if they so which ones will they be!?

I'm sort of glad Tres Blue is drawn away from all of these, it could be a right old mess for the ones drawn on the inside. The one I worry about is Verema, she's only a little thing and I don't think she will enjoy this group ganging up on her.

Something to think about if you haven't placed a bet yet!

Listed below are the horses trained by Robert Hickmott and the barrier they will come from.

GREEN MOON (10)
SEA MOON (7)
FAWKNER (8)
MOURAYAN (19)
SEVILLE (9)
MASKED MARVEL (2)

I think we all might need some luck in running! Crazy
Report MrDinos November 3, 2013 4:30 PM GMT
I meant do, not so! Tongue Out
Report Graeme83 November 3, 2013 4:58 PM GMT
Absolutely Mr Dinos. Many talk about the higher draw being a disadvantage, but if they break fairly slowly or evenly, then there is no great difference. Infact, it might be an advantage. As you say, it can get a bit rough in the low draw when they are all vying for the best spot, especially of a slow/moderate pace. I'd want to keep away from the rabble, but i'm not too dissapointed. I've one drawn low, and one drawn mid. Horses can find traffic anywhere.
Report judorick November 3, 2013 5:02 PM GMT
set up for Seville I think, was second to Green Moon in the Turnbull in 2012 and about 8lb better for a length, did not run in the Cup last year, now 5 looks perfect
Report MrDinos November 3, 2013 5:15 PM GMT
Yep Graeme, in any race with this amount of runners there are going to be hard luck stories but when one trainer and owner has this big a mob of runners it becomes even more tricky, especially if some of them might not be there for the right reasons!
Report MrDinos November 3, 2013 5:19 PM GMT
Seville is one of their pacemakers Judo, cannon fodder for team Williams! Laugh

Only joking. Wink
Report judorick November 3, 2013 5:30 PM GMT
I've ended up backing Seville, Fiorente and Verema for various different amounts for a total of 8 points (2.5 ew Seville)

I have reservations about every runner in the race and could write an essay on each and their suitability or not for this race having spent a good few weeks looking at them all in detail. I looked at about a dozen variables and put them in order in terms of how many ticks and crosses they each got. Covers breeding, training, days off the track, form in certain races, winning Group races, placing in Grade 1s, wins at certain distances, draw, country bred in and so on

Can only cross fingers now
Report Markphisto November 3, 2013 6:17 PM GMT
Sea Moon has top class form. If he is still anything like the horse who trashed many of this field in the Hardwicke he will take beating.
Report G1_Jockey_4 November 3, 2013 6:31 PM GMT
lol

something funny years ago made me think of black panther lol
Report sintonian November 3, 2013 7:03 PM GMT
I am not a fan of Simenon for this race and he may well win, but placing second in a Group 1 or 2 is better than winning a Group 3.

With Verema all her wins have come in single figure fields.

I've nailed my colours to Fiorente, really think he is the one given he has only had one start at 2 miles, 2nd in this last year, and could be at his best over that distant. Surely connections will know a lot more about the horse now. Royal Empire is the other at big price with Kerrin McEvoy aboard. Excited

GL all.
Report MrDinos November 3, 2013 8:27 PM GMT
Looks like Royal Empire is the Pricewise pick.
Report Graeme83 November 4, 2013 12:38 PM GMT
I think Koukash was pished when he spoke up Mount Athos chances. He was actually on the wine i think it was. One thing that doesn't add up to me is the situation with the trainer and his criticism of Spencer. If this horse was being under cooked for the Mel Cup, then why would you publicly criticise the jockey ? Either way, i think Panther is a better horse than Athos at this present time, and is better drawn. Why Athos was 7/1 and Panther 20/1 yesterday doesn't make much sense to me. There's only 2 pounds in it. I think the prices are getting closer now...10/1 - 16/1.
Report Graeme83 November 4, 2013 12:40 PM GMT
When i say better draw,...that's only if things go smoothly.    *
Report judorick November 4, 2013 1:21 PM GMT
Athos came last on my spreadsheet Laugh
Report Graeme83 November 4, 2013 1:42 PM GMT
M.a Last and Seville first ? I think your spreadsheet is sponsored by Smirnoff. Plain
Report Money Tree cost me thousands!! November 4, 2013 2:06 PM GMT
Win lay sea moon place lay red cadueax.

2 easy winning bets.
Report mac99 November 4, 2013 3:39 PM GMT
Brown Panther was a vey fair  four length  seventh  to Danedream  in the2012 KG , his run at Goodwood over two miles  a couple of months back  was an eye opener he clearly revelled in the extended trip , can't take his last run over ten furlongs too seriously  as this race has been the aim  since Goodwood .He has been handed a good draw in stall six  and has a very good chance of winning if the rider does not squander the draw,  but sits with or just off the pace  gl
Report judorick November 4, 2013 5:16 PM GMT
no Seville was not first on the spreadsheet, I just applied some logic and he was the one that was left along with Fiorente, Green Moon and Verema as I posted earlier in the thread

Mount Athos passed only 5 of the 12 tests I set them which was lowest of all the entries, not just the final declarations
Report ThunderRoad November 4, 2013 6:12 PM GMT
Will follow you in on this one Rick - this race is your specialty. Fingers crossed.
Report judorick November 4, 2013 6:20 PM GMT
should warn you I've never backed the winner of this! Laugh
Report harry callaghan November 4, 2013 6:32 PM GMT
very surprised to hear your interested in seville judo... horse as always been a rat bag for me or at least he was when racing over here...his three old career was arguably one of the worse years for the classic generation and i still haven't figured out till this day how the winner of the irish derby got a rating of 121...he looks very exposed now but you never know...was surprised to see him this short though thought he would be a 40 poke not 19...will be a changed horse for me as his overall profile of 2 wins from 18 starts tells its own story...i suppose his run against green moon is your and other punters angle...it opened up like the red sea for him in the metropolotian handicap and he also had a perfect trip that day...anyway wish you well judo just don't like the horrible creature myself

for what its worth as am out of form at present...i quite like royal empire and sea moon but looks an ultra tricky race to solve this...voleuse de coeurs was an interesting runner until being drawn in the car park a shame for her
Report judorick November 4, 2013 6:42 PM GMT
as you saw on Saturday I am in screaming form, smashing the crap out of it the last few weeks

anyway, I applied a loads of trends and stats, eliminated those that fail on too many key ones, used the draw, the trainer and come to a bet - that's it, a bet
Report harry callaghan November 4, 2013 6:47 PM GMT
fair enough judo wish you well with him
Report FOYLESWAR November 4, 2013 7:31 PM GMT
have thrown a few quid on tres blus ,royal empire and green moon,  ,good luck fellow insomniacs ,
Report EastLower Gooner November 4, 2013 7:56 PM GMT
By the way....Mull Of Killough runs in the race just after the Cup @ 4.55AM. Its a Listed Race with a red hot fav that makes the market. Jamie Spencer (won on him twice with very forward rides) takes over from Steve Arnold....after the Side Glance heroics on Saturday I thought I'd mention it in case anyone decides to go back to bed.
Report xmoneyx November 4, 2013 8:04 PM GMT
sea moon@14/1

g/l all except MTWink
Report civilrights November 4, 2013 8:19 PM GMT
red cadeaux e w @70
Report bobbyjo November 4, 2013 9:51 PM GMT
Seville and Ethiopia E/W
G/L all
Report Janthefish November 4, 2013 9:52 PM GMT
I'm bang out of form but I think Royal Empire, Red cadeax are too slow, Mount Athos not looking same horse as last year,I'm against most but last time out Fiorente didn't impress me (she avoided a bigger penalty) Brown Panther a twicer. Dunaden consistent could surprise. R Hughes rarely gives horse a bad ride, Simenon for me. Also bet Ruscello- can't give a reason why
Report EastLower Gooner November 4, 2013 10:18 PM GMT
reason for Ruscello....Chad Schofield young kid in the form of his life....Cox Plate making all on the bottom weight Shamus Award....heroics on Saturday to get Ruscello in the Cup with his Lexus Stakes win. would be some story if Chad can do it again.
Report MrDinos November 4, 2013 11:03 PM GMT
Tommy Berry (Tres Blue) said yesterday that he would like to follow Ruscello across to get some cover up near the speed. Both have shown to be good out of the gates in past races so it might not be impossible. I do think it's all going to depend on how the ones on the inside go, especially those six Williams horses.

Very open Melbourne Cup, good luck all!
Report sintonian November 5, 2013 4:31 AM GMT
Lovely result that!! Sweet. Excited
Report johnnyrant November 5, 2013 4:33 AM GMT
What great races Red Cadeaux and Mount Athos ran from their wide draws.
Report judorick November 5, 2013 4:33 AM GMT
Cool
Report sintonian November 5, 2013 4:51 AM GMT
Glad Mount Athos got drawn 22, Can't stand the owner.
Report sintonian November 5, 2013 4:56 AM GMT
So the owner who had 6 runners didn't even have one in the top 5. Was amazed at the amount of Aussie previews I read tipping Seville. 2 wins from 18 starts before today.
Report johnnyrant November 5, 2013 5:42 AM GMT
I would love to have seen Mount Athos win for Luca. Luca should have won the MC already. Bauer's jockey was very weak in the finish when he lost by a nose.

Just pleased it was a proper, well-run MC this year unlike last year's farce.
Report mac99 November 5, 2013 5:34 PM GMT
Well done Fiorente supporters , he looked a million Dollars  before the cox plate and has now  won a fair bit more than that ...thought brown panther might have done a bit better on   ground with a bit more give  as never looked happy ,but was given every chance by Jockey ,i think you have to get over there a  good few weeks before the cup to have a reasonable chance and a prep race is probably called for , Fiorente was sitting up  really as a  sound bet Cry
Report pedrobob November 5, 2013 11:22 PM GMT
Janthefish 04 Nov 13 21:52 Joined: 13 May 11 | Topic/replies: 61 | Blogger: Janthefish's blog
I'm bang out of form but I think Royal Empire, Red cadeax are too slow, Mount Athos not looking same horse as last year,I'm against most but last time out Fiorente didn't impress me (she avoided a bigger penalty) Brown Panther a twicer.

that's impressive, Jan. From just five horses, you nailed the tricast
Report sintonian November 6, 2013 12:17 PM GMT
Brown Panther suffered some big cuts to his leg so he ran a great race in the circumstances.
Report harry callaghan November 6, 2013 6:08 PM GMT
no need for that pedro...funny thoughLaugh
Report mac99 November 6, 2013 10:08 PM GMT
He did run a three legged sort of race Silly , hear  the injury is not serious , so that is one good outcome
Report kavvie November 7, 2013 6:39 AM GMT
just reading the papers around melbourne.a picture of damien oliver passing the line on the winner.he appeared to have a set of spurs on his boots?i thought they were banned years a go?or am i seeing things..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com