Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GI MAC
21 Apr 10 06:31
| Topic/replies: 3,025 | Blogger: GI MAC's blog
After watching yesterdays race, I can't help but think this horse needs a trip further than 3miles, and looks tailor made for this.

We know Mullins likes to target a few at the race, he's rated around 140 at present which will see him safely in towards the bottom of the weights. He has lots going for him I believe; stamina but also speed to lie up with the pace (RE Jewsons). Goes on any ground and will be 10yo next year, pretty much the perfect age.

Currently 33/1, I can see this fellow starting out over hurdles next season.

Anyone think this will be his aim next season?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 99
By:
Meadow
When: 21 Apr 10 18:29
Hard to say Mac this far out, certainly wouldn't surprise me, as you say could be the type to be aimed at it. 33/1 a bit skinny at this stage.
By:
savaloy69.
When: 21 Apr 10 18:38
Was fav for the 4 miler at one stage, surprised me to see him line up in the jewson
By:
GI MAC
When: 21 Apr 10 19:39
Aye, I was surprised to see him in Jewsons also.

Agree 33/1 is skinny but I asked 3 6 5 if they would give me a price, as they go 5places. They put up 50/1 which is fair enough, so I've had a wee bet.
By:
GI MAC
When: 21 Sep 10 07:28
From Willie Mullins Stable Tour in OJA

The Midnight Club: He won over fences at Clonmel before running well at both Cheltenham and Punchestown. He has been bought by Mrs Ricci during the summer and we are going to aim him at the good staying handicaps with races like The Irish or even The English National possibilities. A natural jumper, he does stay well and has run well twice now at the Cheltenham Festival.

Very encouraging!
By:
rhinestone
When: 21 Sep 10 15:28
Mischief
By:
dananders
When: 22 Sep 10 19:25
always been thought of as a national horse. im on midnight club and poker de sivola at this stage
By:
Meadow
When: 25 Sep 10 14:10
Hi Mac

Yes that is encouraging, especially from Mullins who never gives anything definitive away. Think I might have a wee snaffle myself, 50's still available.
By:
revedesivola
When: 25 Sep 10 16:49
and the winner is....... MALJIMAR!!
By:
GI MAC
When: 26 Sep 10 20:57
Are you a fan of every horse from this yard Reve?
By:
Masterminded
When: 26 Sep 10 21:00
Laugh reve
By:
revedesivola
When: 28 Sep 10 14:22
yep. every 1 of em. well except from the odd one
By:
GI MAC
When: 09 Jan 11 08:02
This years winner entered in the Red Mills chase on 20th January, good to see all is well.  Cool
By:
GI MAC
When: 22 Jan 11 07:07
Here's hoping for a decent run..........
By:
hemsby
When: 22 Jan 11 09:39
I'm with you on this one GI MAC.Had a small dabble at 50 with 365 myself.IMO ideal National type ie races prominently,jumps well,crying out for a longer trip,well handicapped,not ground dependent.
With Mr Seagull tipping him for todays Abandoned race and positive mention for the National,the cat is now out of the bag.
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 22 Jan 11 11:01
Backed this on here at 55s a couple of weeks ago, massive chance
By:
GI MAC
When: 22 Jan 11 11:45
Indeed. Would have been good to see him today mind.

What did Tom say in the paper today hemsby?
By:
hemsby
When: 22 Jan 11 11:53
".....and I know the trainer has been aiming him at the Grand National....."
By:
GI MAC
When: 22 Jan 11 12:11
Cheers Hemsby, that's great to hear.
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 22 Jan 11 12:23
Thyestes rearranged for Friday if ya didn't know
By:
Terry Venables
When: 22 Jan 11 18:57
w.anks upCool
By:
meadow.sg
When: 27 Jan 11 12:47
Another nibble before the off GI Mac?
By:
GI MAC
When: 27 Jan 11 16:56
[;)]
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 28 Jan 11 14:03
Ran too well imv
By:
BlueBoy
When: 28 Jan 11 14:24
Have to agree FFT. Was hoping for a quiet 4-5th place here, not an eyecatcher which will allow the esteemed English Handicapper to clobber him.....
But then Mr Mullins knows enough about winning Nationals to make me think that perhaps there is even more up his sleeve than we thought...

Happy Punting

BB
By:
Paul4
When: 28 Jan 11 14:27
same view on siegemaster FFT/blueboy?
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 28 Jan 11 14:29
Would have thought so.
Hopefully the fact TMC didn't win gives him enough respite from Phil Smith. That said i'm pleased enough with the run as it certainly confirms my belief that he is very well handicapped, and that an extreme trip will bring the best out in him
By:
BlueBoy
When: 28 Jan 11 14:30
FWIW, which is not very much, Siegemaster strikes me more as an Irish National type. Lovely horse mind.....

Happy Punting

BB
By:
Paul4
When: 28 Jan 11 14:32
cheers. trainer just said going irish national though :( oh well
By:
GI MAC
When: 28 Jan 11 16:40
Just watched the replay, ran well I guess. Thought he got a little far behind to begin with, then jockey stoked him up and he made up quite a bit of ground, stayed on really well at the end which augers well, race should bring him on. Did make a mistake at one fence but got away with it.

I initially thought 140 was plenty to get into the GN, but for the past two runnings the bottom rated was 139. So it's maybe not a bad thing for him to go up a little just to be sure of getting in, race gets classier every year. Seigemaster only rated 145, 7lb rise I would think??

Can't imagine we'll see him again before the weights are published.
By:
hemsby
When: 29 Jan 11 01:47
GI MAC Agree with most of that mate.I thought the mistake he made about 4 out made the difference between winning and losing.I wasn't impressed with the number of times Mullins used his whip though,and just hope he is given a gentle prep before the National.
By:
meadow.sg
When: 29 Jan 11 01:56
do for me [;)]
By:
lemon
When: 30 Jan 11 14:49
be amazed if he's not up to 150 now
By:
Ramruma
When: 31 Jan 11 21:47
Never won left-handed which is a bit of a worry.

Far worse, he's only twice even run left-handed. Coincidence? I fear not.
By:
hemsby
When: 31 Jan 11 23:18
Twice finishing in the frame at the Cheltenham Festival is good enough for me [;)]
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 01 Feb 11 14:15
Finished a fine third in the Albert Bartlett behind the future RSA winner and a very good horse in Pride Of Dulcote. Also third in a G1 at Punchestown last year. Plenty classy enough, handicap mark could still be lenient enough to have a big chance at Aintree
By:
GI MAC
When: 01 Feb 11 19:50
Let's hope so FFT. You looking forward to anything in the handicaps this festival?
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 02 Feb 11 14:49
Got a couple lined up. One for the old billy hill (Tarablaze) and one for the Coral Cup (For Non Stop), awaiting running plans though Silly

yourself?

The Midnight Club rated 145 on the RP site, not sure if that's his English or Irish mark. Should still get a good racing weight though I would have though
By:
GI MAC
When: 02 Feb 11 18:21
Aye, 145 is not too bad, but then it all depends on Mr Smith! He’s entered in the race I see.

For Non Stop is looking very well handicapped, he’ll be no secret wherever he goes, you can bet his trainer will have him spot on. I’m actually keeping an eye out on another of his; Horatio Caine, I’m hoping he ends up in the Fred Winter of a nice mark.
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 15 Feb 11 14:19
10-13 happy with that Happy
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo