Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 147 comments are related to the topic:
14 a day strategy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 147
By:
The Management
When: 14 Mar 19 16:50
Cool - but is that your view now (in real time) - or did you also think that yesterday and get some 2.20?
By:
G Hall
When: 14 Mar 19 18:45
I didn't even think about it yesterday I'm afraid 1.9 now
By:
The Management
When: 14 Mar 19 19:01
Went out to 2.02/2.04 just after we last spoke but looking more like 1.91/1.92  - so you were right there.

Maybe you could consider trying to make some money from your opinion on prices.
By:
G Hall
When: 14 Mar 19 19:03
Bet 1

Layed Chelsea @ 1.9 with a view to trade.

Backed btts Napoli V Red Bull S @ 1.65

Boll ó ks Chelsea just scored I'm a jinx
By:
G Hall
When: 14 Mar 19 19:05
Btts price Napoli 1.25 typo there
By:
G Hall
When: 14 Mar 19 19:06
Ffs 1.65
By:
G Hall
When: 14 Mar 19 19:07
Gonna have to sit tight here for a while
By:
G Hall
When: 14 Mar 19 19:14
Goal Napoli cash out btts 1.66 for profit.

Hopefully Kiev can get one
By:
G Hall
When: 14 Mar 19 21:47
Well that went well laying a team that wins 5-0
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 16 Mar 19 14:02
So start with a bank of a tenner would seem inconceivable to me, for example what is your stake going to be. How long would it take to build a decent size bank

If you haven't got a winning game then it's a case of learning as you go along. So why give money away when you're only betting for interest?

No one on here is going to broadcast a winning system for the world to copy.
They might lead you to a website where they will charge for advice, but that won't take you very far. Advisers are simply fellow losers who've given up trying to win and are now taking advantage of other losers by pulling the confidence trick.

You're completely on your own.
By:
Do wah Diddy
When: 16 Mar 19 17:57
IT MUST BE NICE TO LOOSE MONEY AND THINK WELL IVE STILL GOT LOADS LEFT

I JUST THINK IVE LOST ALL MY MONEY AND IVE GOT F**k ALL LEFT
By:
peckerdunne
When: 16 Mar 19 20:29
look if a fellow is any good, in time he can learn to not lose and keep his head above water, enjoying some good times along the way.This is success.

The margins from there into long term profit are so small and extremely difficult to find and maintain.
By:
ericster
When: 17 Mar 19 10:02

Mar 16, 2019 -- 8:02AM, Dr Crippen wrote:

So start with a bank of a tenner would seem inconceivable to me, for example what is your stake going to be. How long would it take to build a decent size bankIf you haven't got a winning game then it's a case of learning as you go along. So why give money away when you're only betting for interest?No one on here is going to broadcast a winning system for the world to copy. They might lead you to a website where they will charge for advice, but that won't take you very far. Advisers are simply fellow losers who've given up trying to win and are now taking advantage of other losers by pulling the confidence trick. You're completely on your own.

Wise words from you there Crippen.
GH IS, we are ALL,  on our own here.
I know I've said this before but if you love betting you won't make money at it long term.
Too many sideshows/distractions.
I am, I think, at a point where I seem to be holding my own right now.
It goes wrong some times but I seem to be able to recover and even now, I treat every play as a learning exercise in the hope of being able to anticipate and thus react better to certain situations.
GH, my last play was a week ago. Will I have one today? I don't know but I shall be ready to climb the good ship opportunity as and when it docks.Happy

By:
Emitdeb
When: 19 Mar 19 17:57
SET YOUR SELF A DAILY DEPOSIT LIMIT

slowly slowly catchy monkey

Cool
By:
Emitdeb
When: 19 Mar 19 17:58
YOURSELF even... Blush
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Mar 19 13:43
For some time I've looked upon NH racing as a poor betting medium for the serious punter.

Take the recent Cheltenham meeting where the favourite with the race won and with Walsh aboard falls at the final hurdle.
I recall another where the hot favourite breaks it's leg at an early stage.
I watched a hurdle race yesterday where the most likely winner started to idle when in front, then got caught on the line and was immediately dismounted. 

The professional's comment is supposed to be that luck equals itself out. Which is complete tosh.

There's no law that says luck will even itself out, in fact many have gone broke waiting for their ill fortune to change, when examination of their bets simply show bad luck in running.

There are many things that can go wrong during a flat race.  Betting over the jumps adds considerably to the uncertainty.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 20 Mar 19 15:47
very many would disagree
By:
The Management
When: 20 Mar 19 16:51
It does sound like NH racing (and probably betting of any kind) are not for you.

Dr Crippen    20 Mar 19 12:43 
There's no law that says luck will even itself out, in fact many have gone broke waiting for their ill fortune to change, when examination of their bets simply show bad luck in running.

In the grand scheme of things there is no such thing as luck - just deviation - but if a little bit of "bad luck" (deviation) is having an impact on your long-term returns and you have gone broke waiting for your "ill fortune to change" - either your method is flawed or you are staking incorrectly or both.

Using the coin-flip example (assume it's a 50:50 outcome) and you can get 10/11 Heads or 11/10 Tails
Some of the people backing heads at 10/11 might make a profit in the short term (their first five bets might come in) but they have just benefited from deviation ("luck"), they will all eventually lose in the long-term.
Some of the people backing tails at 11/10 will make money long-term - but there will be plenty others (a surprisingly high number imo) that don't understand the maths involved and go bust - most likely from over-staking.

It doesn't matter if you bet the flat, NH hurdles, the dwarf tractor racing, if you don't understand the maths, your expected return, the deviation involved and staking - you will indeed go bust at some point. You can console yourself by saying you were "unlucky" if you want - but if a handful of fallers have wiped you out you weren't unlucky.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 20 Mar 19 23:58
The Management.
The maths are simple in the coin example, and I won't waste time on the blindingly obvious.

The point you missed from my post along with peckerdunne, is why include further negative elements into your chances of winning, once the method of selection has been established?  It's a valid question.

Many believe it's easier over the jumps, mainly because they still rely on the market to guide them, and that's where they've been lucky with their betting in the past.
It's not easier over the jumps at all, and the method of selection can be almost the same whether it be jumps or flat.

It's where you look for your selections, which makes it more likely that you will be correct once you know what you are doing.
Knowing what to look for and where to find it are the last steps in reducing the odds which are piled against you.   

But the first step and the most elusive, is gaining hard earned knowledge about the game, without which you will never reduce the element of chance sufficiently out of the bet.
I believe this is the hardest part, because very few who know anything worth knowing are prepared to share it.

Remember when I wrote earlier that no one is going to tell you anything of real worth to help you on your way.
Well it goes without saying that staking plans are ten-a-penny, along with advice about searching for value.
By:
The Management
When: 21 Mar 19 01:45
For thanks that Crippen Doctor - words many sense not make me but.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Mar 19 11:54
Here's something else to think about.

Temperament s a vital quality in any successful gambler, and you have to approach the problem in the right way free of emotion. For emotion will pull you off course when making an evaluation.

Unfortunately emotion is usually present in bucket loads, judging from the comments of most gamblers.
By:
The Management
When: 21 Mar 19 12:28
Think you, thank go I will. Is contribution your valued.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Mar 19 12:46
^See what I meant in my last post, the refusal of some people to learn is extraordinary.
By:
The Management
When: 21 Mar 19 12:58
Teach much me you can

Bag this blow please can into you?
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Mar 19 15:14
Throwing a loser with typical, tantrum when inadequacies confronted  his.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Mar 19 15:21
Good put down isn't it that.

Here's another:

Child smarting like a silly, place being in his put after.
By:
The Management
When: 21 Mar 19 15:50
ffs - You think you were unlucky with a few falls at the final hurdle.

I have waited 20 years to own my very own little troll/stalker......and all i get is you? Cry
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Mar 19 16:47
Those falls you mention prove my point.

I never said I backed any of those horses, yet you assume I did.

There's your first problem right there, you readily jump to the wrong conclusions.

I suspected you were annoyed at me for some reason from your insults on Charlie's thread which had to be taken down.

I suggest with your fiery temper you keep your stakes to a minimum.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 21 Mar 19 17:44
Dr, a lot of words that go around the houses and have taught me absolutely nothing.

I'm not sure if my emotions have been left is the stalls with the wrong draw or is it you that fell at the first.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 21 Mar 19 17:44
in the stalls*
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Mar 19 17:58
Then I've wasted my time peckerdunne.
By:
The Management
When: 21 Mar 19 18:05
Be careful peckerdunne - i thought I could handle this guy but by golly I made assumptions and then my fiery temper got the better of me.

At first glance it looks like he must be drunk or dizzylectric but he will run rings around you like he has done with me.

You will come to realise that he has broken you and that he is the better man. Gotta go lie down now - I am livid.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Mar 19 19:02
Crikey The Management you're on fire today.

I've really managed to get under your skin.

I'll have to make a note of that.
By:
The Management
When: 21 Mar 19 19:09
When you posted the link to conservative_women.com to support your view - it's the closest I have ever come to wetting myself from laughing. Blush

Put that in your notes Laugh
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Mar 19 20:29
Put what in my notes - that you're becoming incontinent?

You're not very good at this either are you?
By:
The Management
When: 21 Mar 19 20:45
It's not a fair contest is it, me with my assumptions and my fiery temper to overcome - while all the time you are getting support from Ann Widdecombe, Christine Hamilton and Theresa Villiers - I never stood a chance did I. Sad
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 21 Mar 19 21:38
To be truthful The management you did take me by surprise.

I never expected anyone to come on and ruin G Hall's thread after it was going so well.

Perhaps you might give him and other posters who were interested your apology.
By:
The Management
When: 21 Mar 19 21:52
Dr Crippen    07 Mar 19 14:09
Withdraw all of your funds apart from a tenner - if you can't grow a tenner you won't be able to grow 1k or 10k.

Probably the best piece of advice you'll ever get.

Laugh  You have changed your tune - you copy and paste from my advice - you tell him that my advice is probably the best advice he will ever get - but I have ruined his thread?
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 22 Mar 19 10:44
Just do the decent thing and apologise to the others for ruining the thread.

You know you're in the wrong.
By:
The Management
When: 22 Mar 19 11:19
The Management    05 Mar 19 17:01 

"........Withdraw all of your funds apart from a tenner - if you can't grow a tenner you won't be able to grow 1k or 10k......."

Dr Crippen    07 Mar 19 14:09 

Withdraw all of your funds apart from a tenner - if you can't grow a tenner you won't be able to grow 1k or 10k.

Probably the best piece of advice you'll ever get.
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com