Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SHAPESHIFTER
21 Apr 17 20:18
| Topic/replies: 3,194 | Blogger: SHAPESHIFTER's blog
Been a while since I posted but not a lot to talk about after a decade on this platform.

Posted on football but thought I would post here.

I had seen twitter chat but not until I saw it here did I take a look.

Posted a ticket which was simple enough but, after that, will have to see where it goes (only thing I know is I'm in charge of cash-outs).

Interesting taking my weekly £20 and turning it into a larger ticket. 

Assuming it has to get filled.

Any other clues on what I just spent £15 on?
Pause Switch to Standard View Colossus syndicates
Show More
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 21, 2017 9:19 PM BST
Here's my ticket for Saturday;
https://pools.betfair.com/syndicates/join/search/shapeshifter
Report onthehoy April 22, 2017 10:33 AM BST
I put a few entries on most weeks but have never tried a syndicate so i chucked a couple of quid on yours to see how it works and I see it only goes ahead if 100% take up so I have put more in to your syndicate and now only 49% of the ticket is remaining and it now appears on the first page if someone looks at syndicates, hopefully the remaining 49% will get taken. I might stick some more on other syndicates now.
Good luck if it goes ahead
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 22, 2017 12:56 PM BST
It seems to have gotten there so this journey into the unknown begins!  Can only imagine the stick I will get for cash-outs not taken!
Report onthehoy April 22, 2017 3:53 PM BST
Hull going down to 10 men hasn't done us any favours
Report onthehoy April 22, 2017 5:40 PM BST
who needs 11 men?  not Hull Grin
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 22, 2017 6:46 PM BST
Hmmmm, Just need the 11 man Chelsea or Tottenham to do the job now...
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 22, 2017 6:55 PM BST
There we go...3-1
Report onthehoy April 23, 2017 5:29 AM BST
Just woke up and checked the latest results, maybe next time. i had a couple of lines in this pool myself and had all but the West Ham result correct(I had WHU to win)I also took Villa to win.
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 26, 2017 1:24 PM BST
So posted another ticket the other night for a correct score using the cash out from the weekend.

So you know, it didn't get filled and was cancelled at KO and back in my account.
Report JML April 27, 2017 8:58 AM BST
Well done Shapeshifter--wouldn't be a proper Colossus advert without
mentioning cash out every now and again.
Report SHAPESHIFTER April 27, 2017 9:55 PM BST
Hey JML.  Geez...was trying to put a bit of a running dialogue. As I said, £20 or so a week on Colossus so hardly the poster boy they are looking for.

On the cash-out, a funny one since on my own, would hedge, etc, here.  But wondered if other players were not.  Thus why I pushed the button.

My bigger disappointment was that when i posted that message yesterday afternoon, it sat on the top the longest time.

General used to buzz.  Oh well.....
Report SHAPESHIFTER May 2, 2017 6:14 PM BST
So tonight, decided to be on the other side of the syndicates. Couldn't come up with the combination on all the matches for the rollover so did equivalent to a 48 line ticket then found syndicates that matched most of my selections and threw money on them.

One ticket worth over 900. Three others smaller but I felt were good plays.
Report JML May 2, 2017 8:49 PM BST
You must be a shareholder.

You know as well as I do that Colossus is all
smoke and mirrors.

It's a few years since the very first pool when
the number of tickets sold before ko was a fraction
of the tickets added to the pool in the following 3 minutes.

The pool that was going to be bigger than the lottery was
crooked from Day 1.
Report SHAPESHIFTER May 5, 2017 11:13 PM BST
I remember when all the new API's were starting up.  There was Bet Angel and one other UK one (not Geeks Toy).  I found them okay but then I found BFExplorer that was created by a tech in Slovakia (or Slovenia).  I brought it up on here and then found myself attacked from all corners, people saying that I was Stefan or working with him.

In that case, I just found the user interface really good and when I used to get in touch with him to make suggestions, he would make an effort, sometimes overnight. 

And when I did my horse racing blog on here, people said "you must be working for betfair".  Well, no. I used the function available to everyone on the site but because betfair racing would tweet it out, people assumed I was paid.

So, no, not a shareholder.  Just a post to see what people thought of it.

As for the lag on the tickets - I remember it did lack that "instantaneous" lock but don't remember "three minutes". But a lag in technology not enough for me to scream conspiracy, tbh.

As for the new syndicates, enjoying it.

My weekly 8 is up.
Report JML May 6, 2017 1:36 AM BST
You know very well that it was no lag in technology and sometimes the
market stayed open for more than 3 minutes after KO.

And why would you start a £2 unit stake syndicate and then buy 10% yourself when you could have just bought
a 20p ticket.

There is no way that you're the mug colossus customer you tryng to make out.

You are connected with the company in one way or another.
Report SHAPESHIFTER May 14, 2017 10:46 PM BST
Never considered myself a mug. Never will.

market stayed open for more than 3 minutes after KO.[i]
"you know very well".  No. Mine was an observation from a user. That's all.  Any other conspiracies will leave to you.

[i]You must be a shareholder.

Well, until tomorrow night, I do have shares in Two Pound Punts syndicate going for £200,000.  Needs Chelsea to win by -1.5.  Best investment since my day trading days of '98/'99.
Report SHAPESHIFTER May 14, 2017 10:48 PM BST
Never considered myself a mug. Never will.

market stayed open for more than 3 minutes after KO.

"you know very well".  No. Mine was an observation as a user. That's all.  Any other conspiracies will leave to you.

You must be a shareholder.
Well, until tomorrow night, I do have shares in Two Pound Punts syndicate going for £200,000.  Needs Chelsea to win by -1.5.  Best investment since my day trading days of '98/'99.
Report SHAPESHIFTER May 14, 2017 11:08 PM BST
And why would you start a £2 unit stake syndicate and then buy 10% yourself when you could have just bought
a 20p ticket.

10% is the minimum if you are setting up a syndicate. The first one, I put in 20%.  The next one, I think I put in 10% to start, returned at the last minute and went to fill it. But found out the most you can put in is 50% so screwed up and it got cancelled.

You can put in more.  And to get shares, you can put in less so you can spend less than 20 pence a line.
Report JML May 14, 2017 11:45 PM BST
Luckily I have plenty of video evidence to back up my conspiracy theory.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com