Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SHAPESHIFTER
21 Apr 17 21:18
| Topic/replies: 3,194 | Blogger: SHAPESHIFTER's blog
Been a while since I posted but not a lot to talk about after a decade on this platform.

Posted on football but thought I would post here.

I had seen twitter chat but not until I saw it here did I take a look.

Posted a ticket which was simple enough but, after that, will have to see where it goes (only thing I know is I'm in charge of cash-outs).

Interesting taking my weekly £20 and turning it into a larger ticket. 

Assuming it has to get filled.

Any other clues on what I just spent £15 on?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 19
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 21 Apr 17 21:19
Here's my ticket for Saturday;
https://pools.betfair.com/syndicates/join/search/shapeshifter
By:
onthehoy
When: 22 Apr 17 10:33
I put a few entries on most weeks but have never tried a syndicate so i chucked a couple of quid on yours to see how it works and I see it only goes ahead if 100% take up so I have put more in to your syndicate and now only 49% of the ticket is remaining and it now appears on the first page if someone looks at syndicates, hopefully the remaining 49% will get taken. I might stick some more on other syndicates now.
Good luck if it goes ahead
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 22 Apr 17 12:56
It seems to have gotten there so this journey into the unknown begins!  Can only imagine the stick I will get for cash-outs not taken!
By:
onthehoy
When: 22 Apr 17 15:53
Hull going down to 10 men hasn't done us any favours
By:
onthehoy
When: 22 Apr 17 17:40
who needs 11 men?  not Hull Grin
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 22 Apr 17 18:46
Hmmmm, Just need the 11 man Chelsea or Tottenham to do the job now...
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 22 Apr 17 18:55
There we go...3-1
By:
onthehoy
When: 23 Apr 17 05:29
Just woke up and checked the latest results, maybe next time. i had a couple of lines in this pool myself and had all but the West Ham result correct(I had WHU to win)I also took Villa to win.
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 26 Apr 17 13:24
So posted another ticket the other night for a correct score using the cash out from the weekend.

So you know, it didn't get filled and was cancelled at KO and back in my account.
By:
JML
When: 27 Apr 17 08:58
Well done Shapeshifter--wouldn't be a proper Colossus advert without
mentioning cash out every now and again.
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 27 Apr 17 21:55
Hey JML.  Geez...was trying to put a bit of a running dialogue. As I said, £20 or so a week on Colossus so hardly the poster boy they are looking for.

On the cash-out, a funny one since on my own, would hedge, etc, here.  But wondered if other players were not.  Thus why I pushed the button.

My bigger disappointment was that when i posted that message yesterday afternoon, it sat on the top the longest time.

General used to buzz.  Oh well.....
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 02 May 17 18:14
So tonight, decided to be on the other side of the syndicates. Couldn't come up with the combination on all the matches for the rollover so did equivalent to a 48 line ticket then found syndicates that matched most of my selections and threw money on them.

One ticket worth over 900. Three others smaller but I felt were good plays.
By:
JML
When: 02 May 17 20:49
You must be a shareholder.

You know as well as I do that Colossus is all
smoke and mirrors.

It's a few years since the very first pool when
the number of tickets sold before ko was a fraction
of the tickets added to the pool in the following 3 minutes.

The pool that was going to be bigger than the lottery was
crooked from Day 1.
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 05 May 17 23:13
I remember when all the new API's were starting up.  There was Bet Angel and one other UK one (not Geeks Toy).  I found them okay but then I found BFExplorer that was created by a tech in Slovakia (or Slovenia).  I brought it up on here and then found myself attacked from all corners, people saying that I was Stefan or working with him.

In that case, I just found the user interface really good and when I used to get in touch with him to make suggestions, he would make an effort, sometimes overnight. 

And when I did my horse racing blog on here, people said "you must be working for betfair".  Well, no. I used the function available to everyone on the site but because betfair racing would tweet it out, people assumed I was paid.

So, no, not a shareholder.  Just a post to see what people thought of it.

As for the lag on the tickets - I remember it did lack that "instantaneous" lock but don't remember "three minutes". But a lag in technology not enough for me to scream conspiracy, tbh.

As for the new syndicates, enjoying it.

My weekly 8 is up.
By:
JML
When: 06 May 17 01:36
You know very well that it was no lag in technology and sometimes the
market stayed open for more than 3 minutes after KO.

And why would you start a £2 unit stake syndicate and then buy 10% yourself when you could have just bought
a 20p ticket.

There is no way that you're the mug colossus customer you tryng to make out.

You are connected with the company in one way or another.
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 14 May 17 22:46
Never considered myself a mug. Never will.

market stayed open for more than 3 minutes after KO.[i]
"you know very well".  No. Mine was an observation from a user. That's all.  Any other conspiracies will leave to you.

[i]You must be a shareholder.

Well, until tomorrow night, I do have shares in Two Pound Punts syndicate going for £200,000.  Needs Chelsea to win by -1.5.  Best investment since my day trading days of '98/'99.
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 14 May 17 22:48
Never considered myself a mug. Never will.

market stayed open for more than 3 minutes after KO.

"you know very well".  No. Mine was an observation as a user. That's all.  Any other conspiracies will leave to you.

You must be a shareholder.
Well, until tomorrow night, I do have shares in Two Pound Punts syndicate going for £200,000.  Needs Chelsea to win by -1.5.  Best investment since my day trading days of '98/'99.
By:
SHAPESHIFTER
When: 14 May 17 23:08
And why would you start a £2 unit stake syndicate and then buy 10% yourself when you could have just bought
a 20p ticket.

10% is the minimum if you are setting up a syndicate. The first one, I put in 20%.  The next one, I think I put in 10% to start, returned at the last minute and went to fill it. But found out the most you can put in is 50% so screwed up and it got cancelled.

You can put in more.  And to get shares, you can put in less so you can spend less than 20 pence a line.
By:
JML
When: 14 May 17 23:45
Luckily I have plenty of video evidence to back up my conspiracy theory.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com