Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
meursault
03 Nov 09 16:50
| Topic/replies: 3 | Blogger: meursault's blog
Evening boys and girls. I have been away from the forum for a while and would be interested to know whether KOO got to a million profit.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 60
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 16:57
wgafs
By:
meursault
When: 03 Nov 09 17:00
Thanks for the considered rejoinder. He seemed a decent ,genuine guy thats all. All the best to you.
By:
bobby2424
When: 03 Nov 09 17:02
koo... stormed off in a huff after several posters questioned his cut'n'pastes of his trading account.

In other words saying he was a b ullshi tter
By:
meursault
When: 03 Nov 09 17:05
Thanks for that Bobby. Certainly had me fooled. Mind you ,alas, you dont get a medal for that.
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 17:08
Deffo a BSer

He may have made the money I dont know. But he never made it in-running as the figures didnt add up.

He made out he did, which I find contemptible

;p would be koos response so he need not bother
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 17:08
:p
By:
Deltâ
When: 03 Nov 09 17:28
By:
the big bossman
When: 03 Nov 09 17:33
got**4ed of with people takeing the pi88ss plus could not bother writeing it each day
By:
the big bossman
When: 03 Nov 09 17:33
got**4ed of with people takeing the pi88ss plus could not bother writeing it each day
By:
Hopeless bettor
When: 03 Nov 09 17:35
he slipped on his p and l edits
By:
Muqbil
When: 03 Nov 09 17:47
It's a funny old forum. Anyone who is a consistent winner is branded a bullsh*tter. Anyone who isn't a consistent winner is branded a mug.

All rather confusing.
By:
u25k
When: 03 Nov 09 17:56
when I said I make consistent profit and invest that amount in property market for good returns, people called me bull s**ter. I have a track record of 5 consecutive years good profit. Of course people don't like anyone who do better than them. If they can't figure out how to make profit it becomes more frustrating for those mugs.
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 17:56
If you are referring to my comments reread them
He was proven to be a BSer and admitted it from time to time - giving a :p when he was caught out.

I dont care whether he made the money or not.
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 17:57
to Muqbil
By:
frames
When: 03 Nov 09 18:01
Britain loves a loser ,the forum is no different.
By:
Hopeless bettor
When: 03 Nov 09 18:08
It is frustrating when your a mug like me and you can't make any money :-)
By:
YOULITTLEBOTTY
When: 03 Nov 09 18:17
The forum is full of Walter Mittys.
Sad but true.
By:
Bellamy Road
When: 03 Nov 09 19:18
are you saying it's easier to win pre race than inrunning then quiet genuis?

you think he made the money but not inrunning? a puzzling view
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 19:50
Yes. Clearly its easier to win pre race.
He is/was a form student who used in-running to get out or double up.
Fair enough, but he made out he did it all in-running. Then acted as an in-running "guru" to the naive. And yes he hooked me early days.

He also made out he never had fast pics, which again was untrue.

Anyway I'm fed up talking about him :p
By:
YOULITTLEBOTTY
When: 03 Nov 09 19:52
And I presume he's fed up with you talking aout him.
Let's move on hombres.
By:
Muqbil
When: 03 Nov 09 20:09
quietgenius 03 Nov 20:50

ROFFLE

That would be why people are willing to pay thousands of pounds for fast pictures, because it's easier to win pre race. And also why the IR players are paying huge wedges in premium charges?
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 20:15
What?
Of course those with fast pics can make money In-running. Did I say they didn't? They *rely* on the fast pics cos the *must have* the edge. Get it?
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 20:16
the edge = that edge
By:
Contrarian
When: 03 Nov 09 20:17
quietgenius,

Your forum name is particularly unsuited. Perhaps you should change it to babblingidiot.
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 20:18
Easy to insult, difficult to formulate an argument - as you demonstrate.
By:
YOULITTLEBOTTY
When: 03 Nov 09 20:37
A word of advie quiet genius.
Don't bite.
Just say what you believe and don't believe what they say.
Also, never argue with contrarian.
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 20:40
YLB - I dont mind a good debate, based on argument and logic. Can't argue with an insult
By:
YOULITTLEBOTTY
When: 03 Nov 09 20:43
True.
But you must surely expect lots of snide insults with a chatname like that.
You going to have to develop a very thick hide on here.
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 20:43
lol
By:
heynoodles
When: 03 Nov 09 21:07
Pretend u were fishing, imo.

Just put "pleasing haul".
By:
Muqbil
When: 03 Nov 09 21:18
quietgenius 03 Nov 20:50

OK, you like debate.

Start with this little gem. Any evidence you have to support this notion would be useful
By:
Koo...
When: 03 Nov 09 21:21
Whats going on here then :p
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 21:29
back to ya. Where is *your* evidence?

Pre race punters on the inside do well. Good form readers do well. Good Arbitragers do well. The Magician won 650k the other day on the scoop six. So does that mean all pre race punters do so?

Your argument is that because *some* IR players do well with fast pics then they *all* do. That's no argument at all.

Where are all these fast pics players winning their money? Who from? Each other? Or....who? How many go skint? What is their burn rate?

The fast pics boys who need the fast pics are competing for each others money. Sure the best survive. But if ever there was a case of survival of the fittest its in-running horse racing for those who have and need the fast pics.

Doesn't sound easy to me.
By:
Bellamy Road
When: 03 Nov 09 22:28
it is hard to win pre race or inrunning quietgenius, it's a lot easier to make money inrunning in a constantly changing market that has many riks in it than pre race where decades of knowledge in stats & how to assess form has gone into the market.

imo people win small & lose small pre race but people lose big & win big inrunning.

of course people like magician & feck who bet pre race hate the inrunning platform because it takes mug money away from betfair before they can get their hands on it.
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 22:36
*imo people win small & lose small pre race but people lose big & win big inrunning.

I could go along with that.
But in my opinion the higher volatility with IR means on average most will do their nuts.
By:
Bellamy Road
When: 03 Nov 09 22:40
yes but it also means the big winners are more likely to be IR players, alot of the IR winners know each other as well so would be exposed as frauds if they pretended to win IR but really made money pre race
By:
quietgenius
When: 03 Nov 09 22:52
Ive moved on from discussing that.
By:
Muqbil
When: 04 Nov 09 06:12
quietgenius 03 Nov 22:29

Your argument is that because *some* IR players do well with fast pics then they *all* do. That's no argument at all.

Could you point out where I ever made this argument?

People become millionaires every week playing the lottery, those playing scratch cards don't. That's about as relevant as your scoop 6 analogy.
By:
quietgenius
When: 04 Nov 09 15:37
Here
"
ROFFLE

That would be why people are willing to pay thousands of pounds for fast pictures, because it's easier to win pre race. And also why the IR players are paying huge wedges in premium charges?
"

Which was in response to my statement that it was easier (generally speaking) to win pre race.
IOW it was your contention that it wasn't.

I stated that of course some in-running players made money.

Your contribution is what.

A "ROFFLE"

In other words, a thinly disguised "look at me I make a few quid on here".

Well done. Have you any substantive argument to make or do you wish to do a little dance before you leave?
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com