Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DartsnBooze
11 Jan 17 12:42
| Topic/replies: 15,268 | Blogger: DartsnBooze's blog
...Was my last visit to the hallowed venue where I witnessed an epic final between Raymond van Barneveld & Ronnie baxter. RVB winning 6-5 sets. Amazingly they tied on the averages 94.65 (15.88 darts per leg). My lasting memory is Baxter walking into the local boozer for a swift pint prior to the final on sunday afternoon. Best not mention Rachel - One of the best screaming darts wives of all time.

...I've read a lot of reports saying the venue is a dump, stuck in the 70's, the beer is watered down and the food is dire. Sounds like bliss to me! But what a mouth watering line up for this evening - A real treat for proper darts fans. I'll report back on my findings and overall view of things, not forgetting the joyous singalong tunes leading up to each match. D-rama all the way. Next stop Frimley Green. Cool

Evening session 7pm...Men - Best of 7 Sets:

Darryl Fitton (10) v Pip Blackwell
Jim Williams (13) v Jamie Hughes (4)
Paul Hogan v Glen Durrant (1)

Trina v Aileen was also scheduled for tonight - Been moved? Confused
Pause Switch to Standard View 2017 - A return to Lakeside - Review...
Show More
Report jin_kazz January 11, 2017 2:31 PM GMT
more like they stuck in the 50s
Report TheChaser January 11, 2017 2:35 PM GMT
Looks like the place would stink
Report wisewords January 11, 2017 3:29 PM GMT
sure 1999 was your first visit? not your last? doubt you could stay away from 18 years..
Report ccmac1975 January 11, 2017 8:20 PM GMT
Enjoy
Report GRANTCKING January 12, 2017 11:05 AM GMT
u like watered down beer and food that tastes like sh it? u really are fecked up
Report TheChaser January 13, 2017 12:52 PM GMT
Is it Holsten as they sponsor it

Not a bad drink form the yellow tin
Report wisewords January 14, 2017 12:49 AM GMT
The Lakeside finishd you off DnB?
Report wisewords January 14, 2017 12:49 AM GMT
finished*
Report yorkshirela January 15, 2017 5:31 PM GMT
Never mind the venue.....the darts has been dire, and I think it's a nail in the BDOs coffin, PDC must be pissing themselves & the BBC. 3 dart averages 0f less than 90 regular. Glen Durrant getting through to a final where his 3 dart average was lower than the loser x2....he should have been knocked out in every round. Hoppert too against Waites.......how many darts did Waites miss on doubles, Waites V Dennis Harbour was like watching paint dry....I went to town, got a takeaway and was back home by the time Harbour threw 3 darts.
& finally Wesley Harms always qualifies.......a future champion in the making on his first appearance.....cannot get past first round now.
RIP BDO.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com