Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ImSoLuckyLucky!
05 Oct 19 18:16
| Topic/replies: 11,592 | Blogger: ImSoLuckyLucky!'s blog
Glowing 5 star reviews EVERYWHERE
Except it MAY be too vilelent

STRANGE

Not sure I want to spend munie to have
NITEMARES

Devil

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 170
By:
trilby22
When: 05 Oct 19 18:19
There've been some controversial reports about it, people walking out and / or protests - or summat like that?  Only saw the headlines.  Sounds like a weird filum.
By:
northanlite
When: 05 Oct 19 18:22
but is it funny?
By:
lybertyne
When: 05 Oct 19 19:21
It's publicity.  Similar to when a horror flick comes out and the papers are full of reports of people fainting.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 05 Oct 19 19:24
I don't like violence. I like a happy ending.
By:
Angoose
When: 05 Oct 19 19:27
Controversial movie Joker has caused further concern after fans stormed out of the cinema following its global release this weekend.

Movie lovers flooded Twitter on Friday with comments about the film, which sees Joaquin Phoenix portray Arthur Fleck, the embattled clown who later transforms into Batman's most iconic nemesis in the comic book world.

Among a flurry of messages on the microblogging site, one fan wrote: 'Literally just walked out of a screening of Joker. Way too terrifying to be there with all this going on the way the movie glamorizes gun violence and mental health issues.'
By:
northanlite
When: 05 Oct 19 19:28
why do people get upset at tv shows. films. plays?
don't like don't watch. this is all great publicity
for this film
By:
Angoose
When: 05 Oct 19 19:28
A US cinema has cancelled screenings of the new Joker movie following a "credible" threat, according to police.

The film, starring Joaquin Phoenix as Batman's sadistic nemesis, has proved controversial for its portrayal of violence and there have been heightened security fears surrounding its release.

The cinema in Huntington Beach in California cancelled two Thursday night showings after police were called.

The Huntington Beach Police Department said it had received reports of a possible threat to the Century Theatre at the Bella Terra shopping centre and were treating it as "credible".

The cinema reopened on Friday, police said, but declined to provide details of the threat.

Police in cities across the US, including New York and Las Vegas, have stepped up patrols at cinemas showing the movie.

Family members of victims of a 2012 mass shooting by a man reportedly identifying himself as Joker have expressed concerns about the film .

Twelve people died and 70 were injured in the attack during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado.

The killer was dressed in full body armour and armed with guns, including an assault rifle.

Joker is directed by Todd Phillips and acts as an origins story for Joker.

Set in 1981, it follows failed stand-up comedian Arthur Fleck, who turns to a life of crime in Gotham City.

Warner Bros, the studio behind the film, has defended it, saying "neither the fictional character Joker, nor the film, is an endorsement of real-world violence of any kind".

The film, rated a 15 in the UK for "strong bloody violence", also features Robert De Niro, Zazie Beetz and Frances Conroy in supporting roles.
Joker is in UK cinemas now.
By:
northanlite
When: 05 Oct 19 19:30
this film will be a ******* hit. i want to see it now. didn't give a **** before the controversy
By:
lybertyne
When: 05 Oct 19 19:51
It's acting.  People live such sanitised lives they don't know what horror really is.
By:
therhino
When: 06 Oct 19 01:16
Saw it last night. The greatest film I've seen in many years and should easily slot in to the top 10 of all time for me. Phoenix is incredible. I'm not into comic movies (Dark Knight trilogy aside) and this is certainly not that, it's about a man's descent into pure madness. One of the darkest movies I've ever seen and very hard to stop thinking about it.

Pure brilliance.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 06 Oct 19 19:12
Turns out why a certain crowd have been trying to knock The Joker is because the film is actually a documentary on the far left.
By:
Baphornet
When: 06 Oct 19 20:52
i'm watching it later; opinions to follow
By:
badjoe
When: 06 Oct 19 21:05

Oct 5, 2019 -- 7:16PM, therhino wrote:

Saw it last night. The greatest film I've seen in many years and should easily slot in to the top 10 of all time for me. Phoenix is incredible. I'm not into comic movies (Dark Knight trilogy aside) and this is certainly not that, it's about a man's descent into pure madness. One of the darkest movies I've ever seen and very hard to stop thinking about it.Pure brilliance.

Going to see it tomorrow, and agree with the Dark Knight trilogy being superior to any of the Avenger films or whatever, different gravy. If it's rated 15 It can't be that violent though, won't be any more violent than the real life atrocities that happen day in day out, art imitates life ect.

By:
Ramruma
When: 07 Oct 19 09:00
Monday's Sun devotes its front page to a single viewer who is outraged that a few bars of a Gary Glitter song can be heard. It must be a slow news day. On the plus side, the prison shop will make a few quid, as Glitter is currently doing 16 years.

This is what journalism has come to: reporting twitter outrage.
By:
Baphornet
When: 07 Oct 19 11:47
4/10 for me. Pretentious & slow; with a leaning towards Kubricks The Shining. I won't go into detail as many will want to see it first
By:
acey deucy
When: 07 Oct 19 13:09
I am going to see it Tomorrow it's been a while since I saw a good movie Hotel Mumbai apart.
By:
alun2005
When: 07 Oct 19 14:02
I know nothing about this film, haven't seen it, nor am I interested, but yes apparently the world now in full Pretendy Outrage mode.

Fake News stories are appearing that cinemagoers are "horrified" because a Gary Glitter song features on the soundtrack.

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/moviegoers-horrified-at-gary-glitter-inclusion-on-joker-soundtrack-090304232.html
By:
acey deucy
When: 07 Oct 19 14:46
The Guardian film critic calls it the most disappointing film of the year...Mmmm
By:
Baphornet
When: 07 Oct 19 14:52
i knew The Grauniad was good for something
By:
HGS
When: 07 Oct 19 14:53
Will be watching this later in the week. Am looking forward to it but am a bit surprised it passed a 15 certificate if that violent??
By:
lux
When: 07 Oct 19 14:59
Great film, really enjoyed it. Riffs around Taxi Driver and King of Comedy for sure, but also reminded me quite a bit of Fight Club in look and feel. Couple of scenes had me giggling at the sheer virtuosity. Doubt i'll see better this year.
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 07 Oct 19 15:07
On Line Guardian gives it 4 stars -out of 5
Well it did win the Vemice best picture award

Laugh
By:
Baphornet
When: 07 Oct 19 15:24
no more violent than plenty of others i could mention; no scarier than your normal 15 rated
By:
lybertyne
When: 07 Oct 19 17:50
Last time I went to the cinema was in 2006.  It's far better at home.
By:
badjoe
When: 08 Oct 19 11:54
So, saw it last night on a big Super Screen, first 40 mins I thought I had been sold a pup, certain situations seeming improbable, but it soon starts to make sense and kicks into gear. Quiet a powerful film overall, Oscar nomination for Joaquin Phoenix for sure. Apart from one scene, the violence is a lot tamer than you'll see in a Tarantino film, I was more shocked at the strains of a Glitter song being used. I can understand the Yanks being a bit concerned by the mood of the film, definitely carries a bit of menace regarding mental health and people feeling alienated/bullied by society and striking out, but that's the country's problem and not the film's. I would go see it again.
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 08 Oct 19 11:57
Couldn't hold a candle to Ted 2.
By:
TELL DEL
When: 08 Oct 19 14:48
Seen it yesterday, it's DARK, and gets darker, deeply disturbing, sad and violent, concerns about it valid, but it is pretty damn good ! You will either love it or hate it. If you liked Taxi Driver, Falling Down..... then you'll probably like this. But comparing it to those films, this is right off the scale !!!

No spoilers, such a roller coaster and so many gripping scenes. One of the most violent parts is the locked door scene, when the midget has just witnessed it and can't reach the lock to get out. After that scene Joker goes into complete breakdown !

Some people have issue with a Gary Glitter song (Rock and Roll Part 2) which is played for 2 mins in this key scene. Currently in prison Glitter is going to get hundreds of thousands for letting the recording be used. Some people rightly feel that the monster doesn't deserve any royalties. All I would say, the film stirs up a lot more issues than that, mass shooting, mental illness. As I said, concerns about it valid.

Someone did an edit of that scene to ‘Do you love me’ by the Contours and that did work, but the Gary Glitter song worked much better I thought. A lot of scenes in that film are so f@cking powerful. A film that you think a lot about afterwards. And I would definitely watch it again. Max 5 Stars.
By:
acey deucy
When: 08 Oct 19 17:12
Great Movie it had me laughing and crying I agree you will love it or hate it and I loved it....Phoenix was Amazing.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 08 Oct 19 17:39
Off to watch it later. Hope it's good.
By:
Steve Voltage
When: 08 Oct 19 18:11
Watched it this afternoon.

It is a great film in the sense that it grips you from the start. However if this is what passes for entertainment these days god help us all. How this film is rated as a 15 and not an 18 is beyond me.

Stefan Monlyneux explains the film well imo;

https://youtu.be/bvh8no1g4e4
By:
Steve Voltage
When: 08 Oct 19 18:14
It didn’t click when I was watching the film but the Joker never actually had sex with the single mum??
By:
Baphornet
When: 08 Oct 19 18:24
ah the mind of a Joker. Didn't find out what happened to her either
By:
Steve Voltage
When: 08 Oct 19 19:12
Watch the Stefan Monlyneux video mate he explains why.
By:
aaronh
When: 08 Oct 19 19:46
60 minutes of Molymeme talking reactionary bollocks about all sorts, christ
By:
Steve Voltage
When: 08 Oct 19 19:54
^^ verbal insults and physical violence is all that the Feral Left have ^^
By:
aaronh
When: 08 Oct 19 20:00
one day again you may think for yourself instead of listening to a fashy cult leader, steve
By:
Steve Voltage
When: 08 Oct 19 20:02
Debate his video instead of hurling verbal abuse. C’mon let’s hear your opinion. You offer nothing.
By:
acey deucy
When: 08 Oct 19 20:03
Steve that guy sent me to sleep after 15 minutes and I aint joking.Plain
By:
aaronh
When: 08 Oct 19 20:04

Oct 8, 2019 -- 2:02PM, Steve Voltage wrote:

Debate his video instead of hurling verbal abuse. C’mon let’s hear your opinion. You offer nothing.

not an argument

Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com