Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Inspired
29 Oct 18 15:29
| Topic/replies: 250 | Blogger: Inspired's blog
I have been asking this question and getting from 1.5 metres to 9 metres. Does anybody know the answer to this question?.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 83
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 16:02
maybe because it is a very confusing question. do you mean how far he's gone in a second? he wasn't a quick starter
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 16:08
greyhounds, now they are extraordinary how quickly they hit top speed. even cheetahs can't match it.
forgive my utterly irrelevant post Silly
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 16:16
but while i'm posting irrelevantly i shall continue.........humans are really slow. sprinting is of little use to us.
where we score is distance running. no animal can outlast us, wild dogs & wolves are the closest but even they can't cover the distances.
a huge factor in the evolutionary success of the human race. damn maybe that is why they called it thatSilly
By:
Just Checking
When: 29 Oct 18 16:33
Video is available just pause it 1.0 secs in. Looks about 3-4 meters. Neck and neck with everyone else really so it'll always be about that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nbjhpcZ9_g

Chart of distance vs time here:
http://www.liacoseducationalmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Bolt-vs-Liacos-distance-vs-time-graph-100-metre-sprint-running-and-cycling.jpg
By:
donny osmond
When: 29 Oct 18 16:37
they move 0 metres in first 0.1 seconds or else they are disqualified

bolt's reaction time was usually around 0.15 seconds

he can run 10metres at top speed, in 0.81 seconds

doesnt answer your question though inspired

get video on youtube and stop it when clock says 1.00???

no animal can outlast us?....not even a horse ?
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 16:41
nope. a horse can't run 26 miles non stop without needing a rest. they can walk & canter a bit but can't run it
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 29 Oct 18 16:42
on average the 9.58 run was 10.43 meters per second, I don't know how far he ran in the first second officially but the first 10 meters are always the slowers segments of the race.

with reaction time though, the first 10 meters was 2.036 seconds. So 1 second would been around 5 meters idk.
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 16:43
tbh i'm just repeating something i read. it came as a surprise to me too.
By:
The Leopard
When: 29 Oct 18 16:44
^ Is that with a human onboard ?
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 29 Oct 18 16:45
get video on youtube and stop it when clock says 1.00???

wouldn't advise this, watch the 9.58 vid on youtube and stop even just past the finish line after slowing the vid down  0.25 per second, it gives you a time of 9.4Laugh
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 16:47
it was a book about why **** sapiens kicked all the other homos out. they could outrun them & throw stuff basically.
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 16:48
really you can't write h0mo even in the scientific sense. PC gone madLaugh
By:
donny osmond
When: 29 Oct 18 17:00
the americans used to have long distance races round tracks in the days of dance hall marathons.

drawing large paying crowds.

see who could run furthest in a week or 10 days sort of stuff, i dont think there was much
between a man and a horse,

nowerdays they race horses over 75-100 miles a day in enduro stuff

horses get plenty of rests though, but they are carrying a mans weight

not sure how far a horse would run without a jockeys urgings
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 17:16
humans will outlast a horse. my book says so......... must be trueCool
By:
donny osmond
When: 29 Oct 18 17:20
i think its probably correct having thought about it,!
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 29 Oct 18 17:33
carrying a mans weight.....don't jockey's normally weigh 8-9 Stone ?  probably the same weight as a 12-13 year old?
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 17:39
horses are much quicker but as we know from racing can't keep up a gallop for much more than 4 miles. 4m 4f is the grand national and most of them don't finnish.
mind you they do have to jump stuff tooLaugh
camels can go for miles but not quickly.
By:
donny osmond
When: 29 Oct 18 17:43
enduro races have a minimum weight of around 12 stones
By:
donny osmond
When: 29 Oct 18 17:45
(for jockeys)
By:
jed.davison
When: 29 Oct 18 18:01
There is no way on this Earth that a human being can run for longer than a deerhound.
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 18:02
when did a deerhound last win a marathon?
By:
jed.davison
When: 29 Oct 18 18:03
Never feed a deerhound chocolate northanlite, it's poisonous to dogs.
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 18:37
ahhhhhhh. i was about to post that that went over my head then the penny dropped. terrible joke tho.
i used to have a Lab, greediest dogs ever. She got into a big box of milk tray and devoured the lot. No harm, not even the runs. Shows how much actual chocolate is in that.
By:
dave1357
When: 29 Oct 18 19:15
The procedure is not to spear the antelope, such as a kudu, from a distance, but to run it down in the midday heat, for about two to five hours over 25 to 35 km (16 to 22 mi) in temperatures of about 40 to 42 °C (104 to 108 °F). The hunter chases the kudu, which then runs away out of sight. By tracking it down at a fast running pace the hunter catches up with it before it has had enough time to rest in the shade. The animal is repeatedly chased and tracked down until it is too exhausted to continue running. The hunter then kills it at close range with a spear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting
By:
Sica Dan
When: 29 Oct 18 19:25
West Africans were built for speed over a short distance ie they had to get close before
throwing a spear at what was being hunted.Hence their descendents are pretty darn good
at winning Olympic sprinting medals.
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 19:48
wrong. what is the point in sprinting after animals that a re quicker than you? dave knows
By:
dave1357
When: 29 Oct 18 19:55
yeah I doubt that is right, I heard the other day that usain is slower that every decent sized african animal.
By:
Sica Dan
When: 29 Oct 18 19:57
Dave is talking about East Africans which is why they are so good at Marathons
and would be hopeless at sprints.
By:
dave1357
When: 29 Oct 18 19:59
Sica we are the slowest thing out there.  There is not a chance that speed is a major factor compared to our cunning.

Also in daytime almost every animal is scared of humans, even a pride of lions.  They will generally run away as soon as they see us.
By:
Sica Dan
When: 29 Oct 18 20:03
Much simpler to tell me why West Africans are sprinters and East Africans are long distance runners.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 29 Oct 18 20:20
fast twitch fibres = west africa
slow twitch fibres = east africa

nothing to do with this wearing down animals nonsenseLaugh
By:
donny osmond
When: 29 Oct 18 20:22
maybe west africans became quick to run away from stuff

east africans had to keep running further

odd that so many footballers are of west african decent when you would think
the stamina from east africans would make them decent too,

of course size also comes into play there
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 20:24
humans are very slow. a rabbit can out run us over a short distance but we would catch the fekker over 15 miles
By:
dave1357
When: 29 Oct 18 20:25
I looked through the list of African athletics medal winners, there doesn't seem to be any evidence for the assertion.
By:
donny osmond
When: 29 Oct 18 20:27
if it can run 15 miles its escaped me !
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 20:32
i dunno why i picked 15, if it can't run down a hole you will catch it within 2
By:
northanlite
When: 29 Oct 18 20:37
they have no stamina those useless mammals. reptiles are worse, unevolved fek wits.
birds are different. i respect flight of any kind
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 29 Oct 18 20:45
Kenya finished 2nd in the Atletics medal table at the Rio Olympics, Ethiopia finished 9th, they've improved immensely in that area though some believe this is down to lax drug testing in that region.
By:
dave1357
When: 29 Oct 18 20:50
kenya (east africa) has featured in the medal table for years.  They won the 400m relay in 1968
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com