Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Inspired
29 Oct 18 15:29
| Topic/replies: 250 | Blogger: Inspired's blog
I have been asking this question and getting from 1.5 metres to 9 metres. Does anybody know the answer to this question?.
Pause Switch to Standard View Usain Bolt distance after 1 sec 9.58...
Show More
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 3:02 PM GMT
maybe because it is a very confusing question. do you mean how far he's gone in a second? he wasn't a quick starter
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 3:08 PM GMT
greyhounds, now they are extraordinary how quickly they hit top speed. even cheetahs can't match it.
forgive my utterly irrelevant post Silly
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 3:16 PM GMT
but while i'm posting irrelevantly i shall continue.........humans are really slow. sprinting is of little use to us.
where we score is distance running. no animal can outlast us, wild dogs & wolves are the closest but even they can't cover the distances.
a huge factor in the evolutionary success of the human race. damn maybe that is why they called it thatSilly
Report Just Checking October 29, 2018 3:33 PM GMT
Video is available just pause it 1.0 secs in. Looks about 3-4 meters. Neck and neck with everyone else really so it'll always be about that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nbjhpcZ9_g

Chart of distance vs time here:
http://www.liacoseducationalmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Bolt-vs-Liacos-distance-vs-time-graph-100-metre-sprint-running-and-cycling.jpg
Report donny osmond October 29, 2018 3:37 PM GMT
they move 0 metres in first 0.1 seconds or else they are disqualified

bolt's reaction time was usually around 0.15 seconds

he can run 10metres at top speed, in 0.81 seconds

doesnt answer your question though inspired

get video on youtube and stop it when clock says 1.00???

no animal can outlast us?....not even a horse ?
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 3:41 PM GMT
nope. a horse can't run 26 miles non stop without needing a rest. they can walk & canter a bit but can't run it
Report scandanavian_haven October 29, 2018 3:42 PM GMT
on average the 9.58 run was 10.43 meters per second, I don't know how far he ran in the first second officially but the first 10 meters are always the slowers segments of the race.

with reaction time though, the first 10 meters was 2.036 seconds. So 1 second would been around 5 meters idk.
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 3:43 PM GMT
tbh i'm just repeating something i read. it came as a surprise to me too.
Report The Leopard October 29, 2018 3:44 PM GMT
^ Is that with a human onboard ?
Report scandanavian_haven October 29, 2018 3:45 PM GMT
get video on youtube and stop it when clock says 1.00???

wouldn't advise this, watch the 9.58 vid on youtube and stop even just past the finish line after slowing the vid down  0.25 per second, it gives you a time of 9.4Laugh
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 3:47 PM GMT
it was a book about why **** sapiens kicked all the other homos out. they could outrun them & throw stuff basically.
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 3:48 PM GMT
really you can't write h0mo even in the scientific sense. PC gone madLaugh
Report donny osmond October 29, 2018 4:00 PM GMT
the americans used to have long distance races round tracks in the days of dance hall marathons.

drawing large paying crowds.

see who could run furthest in a week or 10 days sort of stuff, i dont think there was much
between a man and a horse,

nowerdays they race horses over 75-100 miles a day in enduro stuff

horses get plenty of rests though, but they are carrying a mans weight

not sure how far a horse would run without a jockeys urgings
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 4:16 PM GMT
humans will outlast a horse. my book says so......... must be trueCool
Report donny osmond October 29, 2018 4:20 PM GMT
i think its probably correct having thought about it,!
Report scandanavian_haven October 29, 2018 4:33 PM GMT
carrying a mans weight.....don't jockey's normally weigh 8-9 Stone ?  probably the same weight as a 12-13 year old?
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 4:39 PM GMT
horses are much quicker but as we know from racing can't keep up a gallop for much more than 4 miles. 4m 4f is the grand national and most of them don't finnish.
mind you they do have to jump stuff tooLaugh
camels can go for miles but not quickly.
Report donny osmond October 29, 2018 4:43 PM GMT
enduro races have a minimum weight of around 12 stones
Report donny osmond October 29, 2018 4:45 PM GMT
(for jockeys)
Report jed.davison October 29, 2018 5:01 PM GMT
There is no way on this Earth that a human being can run for longer than a deerhound.
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 5:02 PM GMT
when did a deerhound last win a marathon?
Report jed.davison October 29, 2018 5:03 PM GMT
Never feed a deerhound chocolate northanlite, it's poisonous to dogs.
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 5:37 PM GMT
ahhhhhhh. i was about to post that that went over my head then the penny dropped. terrible joke tho.
i used to have a Lab, greediest dogs ever. She got into a big box of milk tray and devoured the lot. No harm, not even the runs. Shows how much actual chocolate is in that.
Report dave1357 October 29, 2018 6:15 PM GMT
The procedure is not to spear the antelope, such as a kudu, from a distance, but to run it down in the midday heat, for about two to five hours over 25 to 35 km (16 to 22 mi) in temperatures of about 40 to 42 °C (104 to 108 °F). The hunter chases the kudu, which then runs away out of sight. By tracking it down at a fast running pace the hunter catches up with it before it has had enough time to rest in the shade. The animal is repeatedly chased and tracked down until it is too exhausted to continue running. The hunter then kills it at close range with a spear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting
Report Sica Dan October 29, 2018 6:25 PM GMT
West Africans were built for speed over a short distance ie they had to get close before
throwing a spear at what was being hunted.Hence their descendents are pretty darn good
at winning Olympic sprinting medals.
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 6:48 PM GMT
wrong. what is the point in sprinting after animals that a re quicker than you? dave knows
Report dave1357 October 29, 2018 6:55 PM GMT
yeah I doubt that is right, I heard the other day that usain is slower that every decent sized african animal.
Report Sica Dan October 29, 2018 6:57 PM GMT
Dave is talking about East Africans which is why they are so good at Marathons
and would be hopeless at sprints.
Report dave1357 October 29, 2018 6:59 PM GMT
Sica we are the slowest thing out there.  There is not a chance that speed is a major factor compared to our cunning.

Also in daytime almost every animal is scared of humans, even a pride of lions.  They will generally run away as soon as they see us.
Report Sica Dan October 29, 2018 7:03 PM GMT
Much simpler to tell me why West Africans are sprinters and East Africans are long distance runners.
Report scandanavian_haven October 29, 2018 7:20 PM GMT
fast twitch fibres = west africa
slow twitch fibres = east africa

nothing to do with this wearing down animals nonsenseLaugh
Report donny osmond October 29, 2018 7:22 PM GMT
maybe west africans became quick to run away from stuff

east africans had to keep running further

odd that so many footballers are of west african decent when you would think
the stamina from east africans would make them decent too,

of course size also comes into play there
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 7:24 PM GMT
humans are very slow. a rabbit can out run us over a short distance but we would catch the fekker over 15 miles
Report dave1357 October 29, 2018 7:25 PM GMT
I looked through the list of African athletics medal winners, there doesn't seem to be any evidence for the assertion.
Report donny osmond October 29, 2018 7:27 PM GMT
if it can run 15 miles its escaped me !
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 7:32 PM GMT
i dunno why i picked 15, if it can't run down a hole you will catch it within 2
Report northanlite October 29, 2018 7:37 PM GMT
they have no stamina those useless mammals. reptiles are worse, unevolved fek wits.
birds are different. i respect flight of any kind
Report scandanavian_haven October 29, 2018 7:45 PM GMT
Kenya finished 2nd in the Atletics medal table at the Rio Olympics, Ethiopia finished 9th, they've improved immensely in that area though some believe this is down to lax drug testing in that region.
Report dave1357 October 29, 2018 7:50 PM GMT
kenya (east africa) has featured in the medal table for years.  They won the 400m relay in 1968
Report donny osmond October 29, 2018 7:55 PM GMT
not many sprint medals for kenya and ethiopia, mainly
800m and up,

started to establish themselves in 60s,

......almost certainly some will be on drugs, as its widespread
Report scandanavian_haven October 29, 2018 8:00 PM GMT
Kenya suddenly got better though in the last 10 years

.......Gold....Silver...Bronze....Total
2016 - 6        6    1    13
2012 - 2    4    7    13
2008 - 6    4    6    16
2004 - 1    4    2    7
2000 - 2    3    2    7
1996 - 1    4    3    8
1992 - 2    4    2    8
1988 - 4    2    1    7
Report donny osmond October 29, 2018 8:03 PM GMT
we got better too, !
Report scandanavian_haven October 29, 2018 8:05 PM GMT
donny Britain had a sudden and massive injection of lottery cash 4-5 Olympics ago, don't think Kenya had any money.
Report Sica Dan October 29, 2018 8:15 PM GMT
Britain  has had a massive injection of very fast athletes of West Indian origin.
Report donny osmond October 29, 2018 8:16 PM GMT
indeed, but its possible they sorted out their awful infrastructure, ..got athletes into
usa uni system, developed female talent too, and also had a delivery of vicks inhalers
Report dave1357 October 29, 2018 8:26 PM GMT

Oct 29, 2018 -- 9:15PM, Sica Dan wrote:

Britain

Report lfc1971 October 29, 2018 8:31 PM GMT
To gain an evolutionary advantage you don’t have to be able to run faster than a lion, you have to be able to run faster than the person beside you
Report scandanavian_haven October 29, 2018 8:41 PM GMT
that's why we like you lfc, there's nobody else on this forum that could have put that groun breaking revelation forward with a straight face Laugh

indeed donny, but have been question marks over the lax drug testing by authorties in that region, they suddenly became amazingly good at Javelin too.
Report lfc1971 October 29, 2018 8:42 PM GMT
: )
Report dave1357 October 29, 2018 8:46 PM GMT

Oct 29, 2018 -- 9:31PM, lfc1971 wrote:

To gain an evolutionary advantage you don’t have to be able to run faster than a lion, you have to be able to run faster than the person beside you

I know you are joking, but the advantage would actually be to stand still as the lion will instinctively chase the runner (fast or slow).

Report lfc1971 October 29, 2018 8:47 PM GMT
dave no ones going to do that now are they ?
Report lfc1971 October 29, 2018 8:51 PM GMT
that might be the intelligent thing to do ( I don’t know)

but strangely intelligence can be an evolutionary disadvantage

less intelligent people can often do better , that’s why intelligence is so rare
Report scandanavian_haven October 29, 2018 8:53 PM GMT
. https://youtu.be/TBpu4DAvwI8?t=160
Report dave1357 October 29, 2018 9:05 PM GMT
that's quite remarkable, when I said above that lions "will generally run away as soon as they see us."  When they have a kill was one of the exceptions I thought.
Report dave1357 October 29, 2018 9:08 PM GMT
I was in a restaurant in Paris that had various game and odd meats on the menu - I asked the waiter what kangaroo tasted like and he said "a bit like wallaby".
Report Sica Dan October 29, 2018 9:29 PM GMT
if chased by a bear should you run uphill or downhill?
Report Facts October 30, 2018 4:33 AM GMT

lfc1971    29 Oct 18 20:51 
that might be the intelligent thing to do ( I don’t know)

but strangely intelligence can be an evolutionary disadvantage

less intelligent people can often do better , that’s why intelligence is so rare

.....as illustrated by your good self.
Report lfc1971 October 30, 2018 8:08 AM GMT
yes that’s true, a person can be not very clever as long as he knows how to adapt
Then all is not lost
And he can come through better than someone stuffed with knowledge
too much information can lead to worse decisions that’s even true in betting and stock market etc, funny that
Report northanlite October 30, 2018 10:25 AM GMT
throwing stuff was the game changer. some human like peoples were discovered in india but they had no rotator cuffs. in other words they could not rotate their arms above their heads.
many of the skulls had damage to them, they suspect by **** sapiens launching rocks at them.
physically they were much bigger and stronger than **** sapiens but slower and would not have been able to compete at tennis at all.
Report northanlite October 30, 2018 10:26 AM GMT
in summary, throwing stuff then running away wins every time
Report DenzilPenberthy October 30, 2018 11:40 AM GMT

Oct 29, 2018 -- 9:00PM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

Kenya suddenly got better though in the last 10 years.......Gold....Silver...Bronze....Total2016 - 6        6    1    132012 - 2    4    7    132008 - 6    4    6    162004 - 1    4    2    72000 - 2    3    2    71996 - 1    4    3    81992 - 2    4    2    81988 - 4    2    1    7

The blood building PEDS that are available very cheaply are strongly encouraged by the Athletics officials who are making huge sums from sponsorships on the back of the successes of their athletes only report the occasional fail to 'prove' that they're drug testing correctly.
Like many others Jamaica especially they have to decide who,when and why a particular athlete gets thrown under the bus,plenty documentaries showing the truth behind the 'sport'.
As for our successes we play the TUE system to the hilt and UKAD have huge loopholes surrounding out of competition testing and what can be taken then.
Billy Joe Saunders had been playing the game unfortunately his opponent had Victor Conte on his side who showed everything for what it is and he had to vacate or have a legal battle after failing the VADA testing system.
Radcliffe typifies the TUE exploitation to the hilt,she is an anaemic,asthmatic white woman with the most inefficient running style in history yet she has ran the FASTEST LIKE FOR LIKE MARATHON IN HISTORY like for like being male vs female time beating the times of all the blood doping and EPO cheats and it still hasn't been broken.

Report DenzilPenberthy October 30, 2018 11:41 AM GMT
*The first sentence was about African countries Kenya in paricular*
Report Just Checking October 30, 2018 1:23 PM GMT
Throwing stuff isn't that unique!

A load of monkeys stoned an old guy to death in india the other day, apparently they took a load of bricks up a tree then chucked them at him as he went by trying to find firewood Sad
Report RacingCert October 30, 2018 1:30 PM GMT
After his footie game in Oz he’s set another world record apparently.
He can trap a ball further than most people can kick it. First touch not very good.
Report donny osmond October 30, 2018 5:15 PM GMT
must be odd taking up another sport having been best in world at your no1 sport

ivan lendl spent some time trying to be a pro golfer, without sucess

it looks like his daughter may well be a better golfer than him !
Report DenzilPenberthy October 30, 2018 5:28 PM GMT
Bolt is one of the most protected athletes in history the cash cow that keeps giving.
Strange how Bolt's coach Glen Mills has been linked to the dark side for donkeys' years and even had athletes under his care be sacrificed and tested positive,yet the one person who defies all natural possibilities of human performance is natural and doesn't need the chemical assistance of Mills and co.
Report DenzilPenberthy October 30, 2018 5:30 PM GMT
Even after controversies in Jamaican athletics went public Bolt didn't distance himself from Mills which is a strange decision for the most naturally gifted athlete in the history of mankind.
Report donny osmond October 30, 2018 5:44 PM GMT
would think the hackers would have found any dirt on bolt ???

he pretty much had a bigger stride than the others, 4 less strides over
100m is a huge advantage

not saying he never took anything, nor that he did. indeed there are so many
legal supplements and top ups that seem to be allowed, or were allowed
or might now be allowed on the blood passport system that they've
rather made as big a mess for themselves as the cheats were trying
to achieve.
Report DenzilPenberthy October 30, 2018 6:03 PM GMT
The more complicated it has become suits everyone bar those that can't win,think the goalposts will have been moved on what is 'normal' blood data over the years as nobody Elite and capable of medalling can be 100% natural.
Report scandanavian_haven October 30, 2018 6:18 PM GMT
Passed every drug test, where many other failed, and had to take a test after every single win, he won more than anyone else during his career.
Hackers never found anything.
Takes about 41 strides to win a race, which was 1.5 less than Gatlin in London, 4.5 less than Gay.

Innocent til proven guilty. But always have to keep an open mind with athletes.
Report DenzilPenberthy October 30, 2018 6:33 PM GMT
Passing drug tests doesn't prove an athlete hasn't done wrong as organisations have NEVER been fit for purpose,Victor Conte and others proved how ridiculous the testing systems are and there's plenty evidence of corruption at the IAAF between top officials in fact it's a great earner for them.
Plus the pass or fail lies with the Federation in question there is no zero tolerance fails have been known to disappear or be allowed to stand,usually a fail is a balls up by the athlete or coach as is any out of competition fails which allows 2 dodged tests to make sure less produce a fail.
Report scandanavian_haven October 30, 2018 6:53 PM GMT
that's why I said you have to keep an open mind, if he has taken drugs, more likely to find out in the next few years as re-testing techniques become even more sophisticated, same way past cheats have been caught and stripped of their medals. Some athletes this year alone including Kelly Sotherton was bumped up two places to Bronze 10 years after Beijing in 2008!
Report DenzilPenberthy October 30, 2018 7:23 PM GMT
Indeed.
Report Injera October 30, 2018 8:48 PM GMT
At 6ft 5 Bolt has an extraordinary physique for the 100m. Which other track  athlete comes close to that height?

Taking on the West African theme, the physiques of many Prem footballers stand out. Sissoko and Sanchez of Spurs are beasts. Yaya Toure is a monster. Diame at Newcastle, Viera and even Henry who was tall AND very quick. Drogba was like a machine. Few Europeans come close to such physicality.

Denzil will know more but I would have thought illegal drugs are more effective in stamina events rather than short sprints?

Radcliffe is a mystery to me. A truly staggering WR for the marathon.
Report DenzilPenberthy October 30, 2018 8:55 PM GMT

Oct 30, 2018 -- 9:48PM, Injera wrote:

At 6ft 5 Bolt has an extraordinary physique for the 100m. Which other track  athlete comes close to that height? Taking on the West African theme, the physiques of many Prem footballers stand out. Sissoko and Sanchez of Spurs are beasts. Yaya Toure is a monster. Diame at Newcastle, Viera and even Henry who was tall AND very quick. Drogba was like a machine. Few Europeans come close to such physicality.Denzil will know more but I would have thought illegal drugs are more effective in stamina events rather than short sprints?Radcliffe is a mystery to me. A truly staggering WR for the marathon.

Most PEDs have a crossover of benefits I would also think like for like benefits in distance events would be greater,though heard Victor Conte talk of the improvements they made with Tim Montgomery in the weights room which transferred straight onto the track can't remember the exact numbers but was staggering.

Report wolf3011 October 31, 2018 5:23 PM GMT

Oct 29, 2018 -- 4:41PM, northanlite wrote:

nope. a horse can't run 26 miles non stop without needing a rest. they can walk & canter a bit but can't run it

A horse can cover more distance than a human in a 24 hour period so whether its classified as gallop/canter/wanking is irrelevant

Report wolf3011 October 31, 2018 5:25 PM GMT
meant to say walking lol ^^
Report wolf3011 October 31, 2018 5:33 PM GMT
Even a cheetah would cover more ground- it would stop after gaining several miles and start again
Report donny osmond October 31, 2018 5:40 PM GMT
i think the problem would be getting it to run the course

with a name like cheetah, well, you just know its looking for a short cut.

probably like dick dastardly in wacky races
Report wolf3011 October 31, 2018 6:02 PM GMT
Thats the problem , its impossible to test as animals dont need to run that kind of distance but I suspect if you had a 50 mile bit of terrain and put certain animals against humans the former would win. Incidentally many are glibly stating humans can run 26 miles but the average human can barely run  afew hundred yards lets face it.. if you took a cross section of humans between the ages of 18-80 Id say less than 10% could walk 26 miles let alone run it without stopping.
Report donny osmond October 31, 2018 7:00 PM GMT
probably less than 1% in uk

i ran 26 miles in 2 great north runs but had 4 yrears rest between them !
Report wolf3011 October 31, 2018 7:13 PM GMT
Laugh
Report dave1357 November 1, 2018 8:44 AM GMT
wolf3011

I repeat from above

The procedure is not to spear the antelope, such as a kudu, from a distance, but to run it down in the midday heat, for about two to five hours over 25 to 35 km (16 to 22 mi) in temperatures of about 40 to 42 °C (104 to 108 °F). The hunter chases the kudu, which then runs away out of sight. By tracking it down at a fast running pace the hunter catches up with it before it has had enough time to rest in the shade. The animal is repeatedly chased and tracked down until it is too exhausted to continue running. The hunter then kills it at close range with a spear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com