Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
impossible123
02 Dec 20 19:17
| Topic/replies: 20,369 | Blogger: impossible123's blog
If he jumps like Wayward Lad or Silver Buck he'll be fav for the Blue Riband. His supporters could get their 1st opportunity in public to examine his jumping in the Savills Chase on 28th Dec; 3/1 against Minella Indo (2/1 fav) is out standing value, if he shows.

Presenting Percy (9/2), Delta Work (5/1) and Kemboy (7/1) - the latter 2 (CD) - are very much in the running if Champ bombs, I believe.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 187
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 02 Dec 20 20:37
2/1 outstanding value ? ill pass on that but good luck !
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 02 Dec 20 21:56
sorry misread the above 3/1 better but not for me .
By:
irishone
When: 03 Dec 20 07:17
Champ won't know what day
Of the week it is after
The savilles
Many have tried for that double
In the same season
Three mile plod round
a Dublin bog in December
Then cheltenhams "good to soft"
Usually finds them out
Syncronised and Best Mate
Did it from memory
No "world beaters" LaughLaughLaugh
By:
sageform
When: 03 Dec 20 21:45
Strange decision. Is it because JP wants to watch him and can't come to Kempton? Santini is at Aintree so what is Henderson aiming at the KG? He does not have a single horse in the Exchange AP market. I put Champ in my ten to follow and it is looking like he might only run once in GB in the GC itself!
By:
impossible123
When: 05 Dec 20 22:20
I think Champ in the KG would be a non-event - he'll be taken off his feet. Hopefully the probable excursion to Ireland could be productive and informative. But, he must improve on his fencing; quite a few scary moments last season.
By:
sageform
When: 08 Dec 20 13:48
Probably true. I suppose if he can't get competitive against the Irish army, they might aim elsewhere.
By:
buddeliea
When: 08 Dec 20 13:52
Hes the winner of the Gold Cup imo........if he improves his jumping sufficiently.
And thats the big question.
By:
iswearitsoath
When: 08 Dec 20 15:44
tend to agree with Buddleia there, and there's a chance that his jumping will improve with more experience. It shall be interesting to see how he gets on with his new rider since many felt Geraghty and the horse didn't gel, whether rightly or wrongly. Forgive my ignorance, but I'm presuming Coleman or Mark Walsh rides if he rocks up at Leopardstown?

Don't think it would be a great surprise to see him beat at Leopardstown, and then turn the form around at Cheltenham in March.
By:
sageform
When: 08 Dec 20 17:53
Nico surely! I hope that you are right about Champ for the sake of my 10 to follow. I will refrain from backing him for the GC until I see him run. I long since gave up backing a horse ante post unless it had run in the current season. I would have made Topofthegame my first choice back in August which makes my point.
By:
impossible123
When: 13 Dec 20 18:38
Nico on Champ? Be interesting if so, and possibly near fav too if winning at Leopardstown. Whoever rides him I hope a new rider and being a year older can instigate a more accomplished fencing from him.

Is Nico on Epatante? And, with Buveur D'Air in the picture he must get either one regardless.
By:
jimnast
When: 15 Dec 20 21:19
no chance of him been fav on the evening of december 28th even if he wins the savills with a bit in hand ,thats not to say he could not be on the evening of january 1st.
By:
irishone
When: 16 Dec 20 18:46
Lot here
Forgetting what the RSA
might have took out
Of him rather than
What it might have
Put in him
By:
buddeliea
When: 16 Dec 20 22:52
Thats fair comment.
Hopefully he comes back this season in good shape and jumps better.
Not long to wait to find out.
By:
irishone
When: 17 Dec 20 08:33
2019 TOP OFTHE GAME
one race since beat in the mildmay,behind LIT
2018 PRESENTING PERCY
32 months before winning another chase
2017 MIGHT BITE
Won 4 of 14 since
2016 BLAKLION
Won 1 of 15 since
2015 DON POLI
Won 3 of 16 since

Not a great entry on the CV
By:
irishone
When: 17 Dec 20 08:37
"I'm presuming Coleman or Mark Walsh rides if he rocks up at Leopardstown?"

100\1 him running imvho
By:
harry callaghan
When: 17 Dec 20 17:18
Not sure I like all this talk with champ in regards to seeing how he works before he goes to Ireland...surely he has long enough to get him ready, so for me says everything has not been going smoothly with the horse. We will see I suppose
By:
duffy
When: 17 Dec 20 17:54
Should have run him a couple of weeks ago, you know, the one where you jump fewer fences than normal, if it turned out to be a cloudy day he could have always took him out Grin
By:
impossible123
When: 17 Dec 20 18:03
The 2nd coming could be in the mix too. I think Elliot is unwrapping him and treating him like any other good horse, and not a special one; Kemboy at 7/1 is value being a CD winner esp if the ground is good or better.
By:
jimnast
When: 17 Dec 20 21:18
nicky might think its a bit difficult this race.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 18 Dec 20 13:15
Nicky Henderson has decided against sending his Cheltenham Festival winner Champ to Leopardstown for his first run of the season.

Champ benefited from an inspired ride by Barry Geraghty to win the RSA Chase in March, but has not been seen since.
Henderson had been keen on sending the JP McManus-owned gelding to Ireland for the Savills Chase over Christmas, but he now feels the race will come to soon.
The Seven Barrows handler posted on Twitter: “Unfortunately Champ will not be travelling to @LeopardstownRC over Christmas.
“He is not quite ready to run, so we will have to wait a bit longer for his seasonal debut. He has been schooling brilliantly, so we are very excited to see him on a racecourse as soon as we can!”

That was an easy one tbh sometimes you can just tell I’m afraid
By:
jimnast
When: 18 Dec 20 14:41
here we go again
By:
jimnast
When: 18 Dec 20 14:42
i should think kempton or newbury will look after nicky and put a nice race on for him.
By:
impossible123
When: 18 Dec 20 16:44
Does anyone share my opinion that ever since Hendo got in bed with a bookie his allegiance to punters has deteriorated significantly? For instance, the latest shenanigan with Champ; a probable has turned into a near definite no show for The Savills Chase.
By:
Hibore
When: 18 Dec 20 18:18
Am I the only person thinking that’s the right decision ? First time up against Minella, Delta, Allaho and even that old dog Percy isn’t my idea of a pipe opener.

Nice straightforward race at Newbury ticks the boxes.
By:
jimnast
When: 18 Dec 20 20:59
it may well be the right decision hibore but why tell everyone in the first place the plan is leopardstown ?

also is the nice straightforward race to get him right for the festival ?
By:
impossible123
When: 18 Dec 20 21:10
I'm not disagreeing with the decision to bypass Savills Chase, but Hendo has that race as his target given Betfair Chase was understandable too early and Kempton unsuitable. Lost, CDO, Monalee, Cyrname, PP, Delta Work, Kemboy and even Santini already had a race.
By:
sageform
When: 19 Dec 20 10:23
That is a shame. I need Champ to win something before the GC for my 10 to follow. The 5 day for the King George should be out by tomorrow.
By:
buddeliea
When: 19 Dec 20 10:44
Had 3 runs before the RSA last season.
This does not look ideal at all for him.
Way its going they will be lucky to get 2 runs into him before March.
By:
impossible123
When: 19 Dec 20 12:45
This outfit has suspended cashout on him for Cheltenham. Do they know something we don't or Hendo being elusive (again)?
By:
impossible123
When: 21 Dec 20 15:42
He could be popping over hurdles for a bit to enhance his fitness, according to his unpredictable trainer. Maybe The Stayer too, Hendo.
By:
irishone
When: 21 Dec 20 18:19
"He could be popping over hurdles"

More guessing. I heard he was going for the Galmoy hurdlle at gowran park ..... Just the one run before the gold cup. Henderson learning from p g kelly .

What is it on this forum ?

Dont know so we will make something up ........ffs WAFLOB
By:
impossible123
When: 03 Feb 21 12:50
Nico could be riding this beast at Cheltenham. He's not on Santini this saturday in the re-scheduled Cotswold at Sandown even though he'll be at the track; Aidan Coleman is jocked-up for Santini.
By:
paulo47
When: 03 Feb 21 13:15
I thought Aiden  was contracted to ride JP's , so that wouldnt be possible .
By:
impossible123
When: 03 Feb 21 14:27
I think it's because Nico's been schooling this ballerina with elephant feet. And, familiarity is a massive advantage as far as this ballerina is concerned. Nico's not onboard Epatante, he'll be on Buveur D'Air though unless Coleman is incapacitated during the Festival.
By:
jimnast
When: 06 Feb 21 14:32
santini would be an interesting runner in the midlands national.
By:
sageform
When: 06 Feb 21 20:19
Aiden is contracted to Olly Murphy!
By:
impossible123
When: 08 Feb 21 19:04
The beast is 7/4jf with CDO for The Denman Chase. The weather forecast is cold (0-4 minus) with the occasional spot of rain. Looks promising.
By:
paulo47
When: 09 Feb 21 18:35
Does anyone think that Champ's schooling visit to Newbury 3 weeks before the Denman chase gives him any sort of an unfair advantage , or is it something that is widely available on request ?
By:
impossible123
When: 09 Feb 21 21:16
2/1 jf, and 1st race back against a fit CDO with trip to suit? Barmy, I think. If (big if) he wins he'd be vying for favouritism with ABP.
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com