Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Dragon
30 Nov 15 10:53
| Topic/replies: 39,118 | Blogger: The Dragon's blog
No more heroes looked very very good at Fairyhouse and now heads the market at best priced 6/1, is as short as 4/1 in places. I have taken it at 7/1. Could be a Gold Cup horse of the future

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 19  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 19 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 734
By:
wellchief
When: 06 Dec 15 10:37
Ponte Alexandra back today after almost 1,000 days off.  Hoping he gets round well and retains his old ability; he always looked a 3m chaser rather than a 2.5m hurdler in his Neptune.

Just hope he doesn't become another Mikael D'Haguenet.
By:
wellchief
When: 06 Dec 15 14:32
Hard not to be impressed with that after so long off and jumped beautifully.
By:
duffy
When: 06 Dec 15 14:32
impressive
By:
The Dragon
When: 10 Dec 15 08:11
best priced at 10/1
By:
The Dragon
When: 12 Dec 15 11:21
more of that runs today interesting to see how it goes
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 12 Dec 15 12:58
Thought he was very impressive. Thought he jumped excellently. 6-1 still looks value to me and I think he should be fav. Think he's going to be the horse I chip away at from now until the Festival. Shaping up to be a really good RSA mind you.
By:
joevalue147
When: 12 Dec 15 13:17
Looked very assured there didnt. Has to be the one to beat on all known form.
By:
joevalue147
When: 12 Dec 15 13:17
didnt he
By:
The Dragon
When: 12 Dec 15 13:58
as short as 9/2 in places
By:
rogerthebutler
When: 12 Dec 15 16:33
Talk of him doing a Coneygree and going for the Gold Cup AngryCrazy
By:
stevo1
When: 12 Dec 15 20:47
Also JLT was mentioned sporting life website,start of merry go round again.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 12 Dec 15 21:18
They all seem to day this now don't they.... Would be very surprised if he isn't in the RSA myself.
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 13 Dec 15 01:05
I'd be amazed if he isn't over at least 3 miles at the festival but it does slightly complicate the issue that he'll be eight in March and has been a little brittle in the past. If he's fit and in form it might be worth them having a look at something like the Denman chase at Newbury next. He can still go down the novice route if he isn't quite there or he can try to do a Coneygree. JP may be tempted.
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 13 Dec 15 01:07
Having said that I think I heard a quote of 14-1 for the Gold Cup. Which given he is a novice and the likely field for the Gold Cup is a little silly at this stage.
By:
buddeliea
When: 13 Dec 15 08:16
you make a fair point re his age eternal. That could well be upper most in their minds.
Personally think this years Gold Cup is going to take some winning,and to expect a horse to compete with this lot with not much experience is a tad optimistic.
Another example of the perils of ante post these days.
Cannot see the JLT being his race though.

It's another Coneygree situation,but he's a real bull of a horse,and managed to cope with the lack of experience,plus this Gold Cup looks a bit classier than the last one.

Be interesting where MOT runs in the build up.
By:
blarney
When: 13 Dec 15 12:15
The Gold Cup is guaranteed to cut up before race day. If Coneygree, Smad Place and Road to Riches line up, the gallop could be blistering. Cue Card and Vautour/Djakadam will not be hanging around either.

This could set things up for something coming from off the pace which makes More of That a serious contender with Geraghty on board. Connections will have a difficult decision to make and may not commit until the last minute.
By:
cufcno1
When: 14 Dec 15 03:11
Jonjo remarked that the horse seems to keep a bit for himself,suggesting when the horse is right they really don't know how good more of that is,will take the world of beating in the rsa for me,they weren't impressed on ruk saying the horse was workmanlike,that's all he ever is,jumps great for a novice,and imagine what price Annie power would be after winning 2 novice chases?
By:
shockster
When: 14 Dec 15 10:36
Very hard to visually decide who looks the best at this stage, but purely on World Hurdle win, you would have to say More Of That should be favourite. Jumps economically and has won both races without fuss. No More Heros has done nothing wrong but price should be at least a point behind MOT IMO.

I am on Blaklion at 3 fig prices on here and looked good on Friday and I have a decent bet, but needs to improve further to be able to beat an in form MOT.
By:
duffy
When: 14 Dec 15 12:17
reminds me of Bob's Worth.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 14 Dec 15 16:12
Good start from Black Hercules there.... shaping up to be quite an RSA already.
By:
duffy
When: 14 Dec 15 16:49
I want to see Killultagh Vic...I've got a thread that's disappeared down the bottom and everythingGrin
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 15 Dec 15 12:11
Going to be a worrying few months for More of That backers Plain

O'Neill confirms Gold Cup option for That

BY ANDREW KING 9:38AM 15 DEC 2015

MORE OF THAT, the promising novice who is as short as 14-1 for the Cheltenham Gold Cup, will be given an entry in the Timico-backed Grade 1, trainer Jonjo O'Neill confirmed on Tuesday morning.

The JP McManus-owned seven-year-old, who won the World Hurdle at the 2014 festival, is 6-1 for the RSA Chase, but O'Neill raised the possibility of his stable star running in the senior race after he made it two from two over fences at Cheltenham on Saturday.

Paddy Power and Betfred make More Of That 33-1 for the Gold Cup, which O'Neill has won as a jockey and trainer.

It has not been decided how More Of That will be campaigned before March.

"He came out of the Cheltenham race on Saturday fine and in good form," said O'Neill, aboard Alverton and Dawn Run for their Gold Cup triumphs before saddling Synchronised to his 2012 success.

"There are no specific plans for him right now as he is having a little break, so will not be running at Cheltenham on New Year's Day.

"He will also be entered in the RSA and JLT Novices' Chase. Then it will be a case of me sitting down with JP, his racing manager Frank Berry and AP [McManus's former rider Tony McCoy] to discuss plans for the horse."
By:
The Dragon
When: 17 Dec 15 13:36
coonygree injury may impact the decision?
By:
Arklearkle
When: 17 Dec 15 16:41
I dont believe for a moment that MOT will run in the 2016 GC
By:
impossible123
When: 18 Dec 15 20:45
In my opinion MOT will not run in the 2016 GC either as the competition is too hot for a novice, but I'd like to see MOT in the JLT as I believe MOT is more experienced, has more potential and will out stay Shaneshill (big reputation but still unproven) given Shaneshill's suspect stamina over 20f in a truly run race eg against No More Heroes last year.
By:
buddeliea
When: 19 Dec 15 08:55
That was good from Le Mercurey,will be better for a step up to 3m I reckon.
By:
wellchief
When: 19 Dec 15 10:21
Shaping up to be a cracker of a race already.
By:
wellchief
When: 19 Dec 15 10:22
...probably race of the meeting outside of the Gold Cup at this stage
By:
The Dragon
When: 19 Dec 15 11:55
agreed wc
By:
duffy
When: 19 Dec 15 12:26
Pretty good start, just a bit confused about starting him off over 2 miles, makes you think JLT, they better hurry up and start quoting him for that race as no-one is at the moment.
By:
duffy
When: 19 Dec 15 12:27
talking about Killultagh Vic
By:
HaylingBilly
When: 19 Dec 15 20:29
When I look at the RSA all I can think about is (1) More Of That won the World Hurdle (2) No More Heroes 3rd Albert Bartlett and (3) Killultagh Vic won Martin Pipe. Three excellent horses who have all jumped really well since going Chasing but no comparison which horse has the best history and track record. Has to be More Of That all day long. 6/1 is short but of these three if you are having an AP bet on the RSA surely it must be MOT.
By:
delsie777
When: 19 Dec 15 20:41
No More Heroes is so overrated - mainly due to someone peddling the theory that he was unlucky in the Bartlett last year. I had backed him that day and had given up hope way before he went for that gap up the rail. Stuffed by Killultagh Vic and only beat trees and Monksland this year. He will be outstayed if he runs in the RSA. I would take More Of That, Native River or any of the Mullins contenders over Elliot's horse. If Roi Des Francs ran in the RSA, Cooper would have a right choice because I would fancy it to beat NMH every day now he is fit.
By:
scooby91
When: 19 Dec 15 20:52
Kilultagh vic beats NMH in the rsa for me. Hes already beat him easily as was just said above at punchestown. also on breeding his sire old vic has produces countless graded 3m+ winners over fences but kilultagh vic is his first graded hurdle winner over 3 miles.
for me his 2 mile chase win today betters anything he did over 2 miles over hurdles. he gave his fences plenty of respect and will improve massively for the step up in trip. My only previous worry would be that he could of been put in the 4 miler but after what willie and ruby said after todays race about him and Paddies go 10/1  for the rsa. It's as good a guide for me as any, that I'm in little doubt he's an rsa horse.
By:
Tory
When: 19 Dec 15 21:23
On the whole MOT Gold Cup conundrum, I'd be very disappointed if they didn't target the Gold Cup now.

I was very surprised when he went chasing, mainly because he will soon be 8 and by following the normal path of one season as a novice before moving into open company, they would be giving him one crack only at the big races. For this they were willing to give up the chance to win another two World Hurdles. I'll admit that this was my thinking before Thistlecrack burst onto the scene.

You are now in the situation where, for me at least, the most likely winner of the Gold Cup is out for the season, and you have a World Hurdle winner (so not your average novice) lined up to have a crack at it.

Vautour won't stay the trip, Don Cossack hasn't done well twice at Cheltenham, Cue Card will be too old and that then leaves Don Poli, Djakadam, Sick Bag Conti and Road To Riches.

If he were mine id roll the dice - will be a real waste otherwise.
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 19 Dec 15 21:32
MOT COTSWOLD ?
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Dec 15 22:27
Horses who spend nearly 3 years off the track do not come back and win an RSA. Pont Alexandre is an horrendous price.
By:
Paterson92
When: 20 Dec 15 06:58
"Vautour won't stay the trip" ... let's just wait another 6 days to see if this is the case or not shall we.
By:
buddeliea
When: 20 Dec 15 07:43
Have taken a price on here for MOT for the Gold Cup.
Really think they will go for it.
Good WH winner who can jump a fence. Eight yr old already,it's gonna happen I feel.
The Coneygree situation probably comes into the equation as well.
Page 1 of 19  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 19 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com