Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 290 comments are related to the topic:
Champion Hurdle Antepost

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 290
By:
Brooksielad
When: 05 Feb 13 13:59
I actually think he looked his best in his Novice campaign and imo this year aswell. Nothing stops the fly this time.
By:
booster
When: 05 Feb 13 15:51
Really price is the only concern when you're betting regularly. I backed Rock On Ruby @ 16-1 on Boxing Day 2011 and 12-1 again on Champion Hurdle Day but none of that matters a jot in the context of this discussion. What's important is price for this year's race taking into account varying lines of form and horses' suitability to the race on the day. There are currently 4 horses with a similar chance yet one is 7-4. Looking at the last 2 year's Champion Hurdles I think I know which was the more impressive performance and more solid form.

Rock On Ruby has also just easily beaten a horse who ran away with a Fighting Fifth whereas Hurricabne Fly was a good bit less impressive in beating a Fighting Fifth winner in his Champion. I'm not saying any of this year's are a good thing just that the price differential is amazing.
By:
alleged22
When: 05 Feb 13 23:16
ROR was beaten fair and square by TS at aintree on ground that favoured ROR
By:
booster
When: 06 Feb 13 06:21
And he also failed to run to form at Aintree the year before. Most serious punters know that form post Cheltenham has to be treated with caution especially for horses who''ve run their hearts out 2 or 3 weeks before.
By:
alleged22
When: 06 Feb 13 09:25
4 and a half weeks before.... id kind of agree if they had been to the well once too often, but it was only his 4th start that season
By:
booster
When: 06 Feb 13 17:48
Much rather take last year's Champion Hurdle as a guide myself but each to his own.
By:
Ming_the_Merciless
When: 06 Feb 13 17:53
Favourites:Hurricane Fly (2), Grandouet (11/2), Zarkandar (13/2), Rock On Ruby (7), Binocular (16), Cinders And Ashes (16), Countrywide Flame (20), Oscar Whisky (20), Cotton Mill (25), Grumeti (33), Overturn (40), Cause Of Causes (50), Pearl Swan (50)
By:
buddeliea
When: 06 Feb 13 17:54
Booster is bang on Alleged imo,you can draw a line through his Aintree runs.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Mar 13 16:16
Hurricane Fly (9/4), Zarkandar (7/2), Rock On Ruby (9/2), Grandouet (8), Binocular (9), Cinders And Ashes (14)
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 12 Mar 13 22:35
Well done cvb, unlucky with Grandouet as well.
By:
buddeliea
When: 13 Mar 13 07:45
Yep,pleased for yer CV.
Hope you had a good night!!!
Page 8 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML