Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 579 comments are related to the topic:
First Lieutenant, Ryanair or Gold Cup?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 15 of 15  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 579
By:
unclepuncle
When: 05 Apr 13 12:35
I think with the rain that fell on Gold Cup day it's hard to see how FL would have beaten Bobs Worth - might have dead heated for 2nd with SDC though.Devil
By:
buddeliea
When: 05 Apr 13 17:58
Well, looking at his last 2 races, its reasonable to say he was in the wrong race at Cheltenham imo.
Hindsight makes it a lot easier though, and during the season he did appear not to stay that well over Gold Cup type distances.
Shows how difficult some decisions can be for connections.
By:
sintonian
When: 05 Apr 13 19:21
I don't think he would have beaten BW either Uncle, but a 2nd & 3rd in a GC knowing your horses are in the correct race is much preferrable imo otherwise you'll be thinking what might have been.

Anyway!! LaughCool it's over with now.
By:
bluebirdfan
When: 08 Apr 13 18:43
Gold Cup next season surely?
He'll get 3m2f easy IF the ground is good (thats the key to him)
By:
Slabster
When: 17 Apr 13 19:16
Is the 3 miles on 'good' at Aintree all that more of a stamina test than 2 miles and 5 furlongs on 'good-soft' at Cheltenham? I think First Lieutenant just came up against a top class opponent on the day in the Ryanair. Still think the Ryanair was definitely the right race for him.
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Apr 13 20:04
Well when you consider the Trainer has said all along the horse has no pace and all he does is stay i'd say the Ryanair was the wrong choice and was completley down to the Owner.
By:
Slabster
When: 21 Apr 13 17:21
He showed plenty of pace in last year's RSA and in the Hennessy, looked to be outstayed in both races and others were finishing better in the Lexus, he even won a Neptune. Understandably if Mouse wanted him in the Gold Cup he'd be saying things like that in an effort to convince connections. That being said, if the ground is genuinely good in next season's Gold Cup I'd give him a good chance. 16/1 looks a fair each way bet considering I doubt he'll be in the Ryanair next year Laugh
By:
Graeme83
When: 31 Oct 13 21:16
Ding ding ding, round 2. Surely he will get his head in front at down royal. Nice price i thought.
By:
judorick
When: 31 Oct 13 21:28
really fancy Mount Benbulben for that race at Down Patrick
By:
judorick
When: 31 Oct 13 21:29
Royal
By:
Graeme83
When: 31 Oct 13 21:39
Mount Benbulben ? ....fair enough. I certainly don't like to disagree too much with anyones selection, as i think everyone should stick to their guns. MB finally got it together at the tail end of last season, but this is his re-appearance. I don't think 3m is Sizing Europes game, but this may be a King George trial for him, as he ain't no GC horse. Kauto Stone won this last time, but is he still there ? I really think FL ought to take this, and i was suprised that he was 7/2 2nd fav.
By:
judorick
When: 31 Oct 13 22:03
does not win often enough for me, only 3 chase wins from 15 and 2 of those were in novice races, KS normally runs well fresh but is no star, SE does not really stay the trip and is 11 years old, not much else to say, Mount B won a good trial by 20+ lengths on his final start and will do for me
By:
sintonian
When: 31 Oct 13 22:06
Given that FL seemingly had a penalty kick at the weights in his last race you would have to assume he will improve a ton for it. I think he is the most likely winner but want to see what the ground is first. If it is worse than Soft then it is wide open.
By:
buddeliea
When: 31 Oct 13 22:40
I wonder if MB is coming over for the KG,if so this could be a race too soon for him?
Hes better going right handed so Down Royal will suit and if he is fit could well win Saturday,but I have this feeling hes going to be primed for Kempton.
By:
buddeliea
When: 02 Nov 13 15:43
MB may well have won that today,but his jumping again lets him down.

As for First Lieutenant...that was not good.
By:
sintonian
When: 03 Nov 13 09:01
Shocking.
By:
bluebirdfan
When: 15 Dec 13 17:06
Any news in Ireland as to where FL goes next?
By:
Graeme83
When: 15 Dec 13 18:17
I can't see him going for any other race than the Lexus.
By:
ACStafford
When: 03 Jan 14 17:17
With SDC now out of the Gold Cup, I'd imagine O'Leary would like this to head to the Gold Cup.
By:
lead on
When: 03 Jan 14 18:47
Still a decent price 12/1 NRNB e/w for me.He has a lot to find with Bobs Worth but Cheltenham in March will suit.Bryan Cooper on board too.
Page 15 of 15  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com