Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 302 comments are related to the topic:
ZARKANDAR for the Champion Hurdle.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 302
By:
lockup
When: 02 Mar 12 22:29
most Triumph winners usually end up staying further the only point to consider is that Ruby knows the Fly is too classy or he would ride Zarkandar.
By:
crescent
When: 03 Mar 12 14:58
"sparkling piece of work today"
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 06 Mar 12 15:02
Hurricane Fly (10/11) , Binocular (5) , Zarkandar (5) , Rock On Ruby (11) , Oscars Well (14) , Thousand Stars (25) , Overturn (33) , Peddlers Cross (33) , Zaidpour (40) , Brampour (50) , So Young (50) , Celestial Halo (66) , Mikael Dhaguenet (66) , Staying Article (66) , Clerks Choice (100) , Final Approach (100) , Olofi (100) , Starluck (100) , Kalann (200)  - Others  0 or more

CHAMPION HURDLE and what they think and said......

Paul Nicholls: I was beginning to sweat regards Zarkandar before Newbury as the horses next to him were coughing. Since he won as he has snuffling and is on antibiotics but has cantered well since. The quicker they go the better for him. We’ve got improve enormously to beat Hurricane Fly but he is the one unexposed horse. Rock On Ruby will improve enormously for the return to Cheltenham and Noel Fehily rides. I don’t think Binocular enhanced his claims beating Celestial Halo last time. I would rather run Celestial Halo in the World Hurdle but the owner thinks he can finish second in the Champion Hurdle so he runs here. Paul Nicholls thought Zarkander had a chance and would be better than he was at NewburyAlso said Zarkandar was on anti-biotics and would finish the course next couple days, but seemed OK. Also thought Rock on Ruby was way overpriced on form with Binocular. Brampour will run and may have EW squeak, Celestial Halo will take his chance. PN- Few horses coughing. Wasn't confident Zark was at his best before Betfair. Called Darlan a bridle horse had a bit of a pop at him saying Zarkandar would have won anyway. Says he must be some horse to win with a cough and is ok now. Rock On Ruby has a great chance on form with Binocular. Celestial Halo runs but not much of a chance. Brampour runs.

Paul Jones: I will keep it short and sweet as I can’t see past Hurricane Fly. Oscars Well is my idea of the horse most likely to finish second.

Andrew King: The way Binocular beat Celestial Halo was impressive. If that Binocular turns up I think he will give Hurricane Fly a race. He’s an each-way good thing. Andrew King thought Binocular was the EW bet, impressed with last win

Charlie Longsdon: Hurricane Fly is outstanding and I expect him to win. I hear Zarkandar didn’t come out of his Newbury win brilliantly.

Andrew Tinkler: Binocular looked great at Wincanton and I will be really surprised if he is not in the first three. I preferred him to Grandouet as our main hope even before Grandouet had his setback.

Kevan Minter: I could win on Hurricane Fly. The Evens keeps getting wiped out every time someone offers it on the exchanges.

Paul Binfield thought Zarkandar had a decent chance of beating Hurricane Fly

Ruby Walsh: reckons Zarkandar isn't quick enough to win a CH. Hurricane Fly will win. Zarkander has not enough pace.

John Francome: Binocular

Jessica Harrington: Hurricane Fly/ Oscars Well ew. JH – Oscars Well loves good ground and a fast run 2m will suit, will possibly be in the first 3. But Hurricane fly will be hard to beat.

Tom Segal: Doesn't like odds on shots but thinks H Fly wins. Mentions Celestial Halo before picking Overturn E/W.

Henry de Bromhead: Hurricane Fly

Mike Cattermole: Hurricane Fly/ Overturn ew

Noel O’Brien: Hurricane Fly

Jim McGrath: Hurricane Fly

Alice Plunkett: Binocular 20kg lighter best he's been. If he's gna win another Champ hurdle it's now.

Joe Tizzard: Likes Hurricane Fly doesn't think English bunch are up to much. Didn't think the Betfair was a great race. The Fly all day.

David Pipe: Hurricane Fly should win runs on any ground. Also likes Overturn e/w off a nice break. Without H Fly it's an open Champ Hurdle.

Paddy Power: Hurricane Fly will win and Binocular has a good each way chance.

Colm Murphy: Hurricane Fly will win and Binocular has a good each way chance.

Donn McClean: Hurricane Fly will win.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 07 Mar 12 12:06
Only 12 horese confirmed (HF has scared the other 8 entries)
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 07 Mar 12 12:32
Presume these 12 are first, as it's the BIG race of the day.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 07 Mar 12 13:12
Jocks

Brampour (IRE) 5.g PN Harry Derham
Rock On Ruby (IRE) 7.g PN Noel Fehily
Zarkandar (IRE) 5.g PN Daryl Jacob
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 07 Mar 12 14:49
Hurricane Fly (10/11) , Binocular (5) , Zarkandar (5) , Rock On Ruby (10) , Oscars Well (16) , Thousand Stars (25) , Overturn (28) , Zaidpour (40) , Brampour (50) , Celestial Halo (66) , Olofi (100) , Kalann (200)
By:
crescent
When: 08 Mar 12 21:36
Well not long now. Still happy with the 12.0 and 10.0 i've got. I hope Celestial Halo and Overturn force a good pace meaning that Zarkandar can stay on past the Fly up the hill.
By:
ZEALOT
When: 08 Mar 12 21:50
you got to trade on zarkander tho

winning a totesport off 150ish ??????
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Mar 12 21:38
Hurricane Fly, the hot favourite and title-holder, heads 10 runners in the Stan James Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham on Tuesday.
Willie Mullins' brilliant eight-year-old has won his last seven starts, all of which were Grade Ones.
He showed he was as good as ever when destroying the opposition in the Irish Champion Hurdle at Leopardstown in January on his belated first run of the season.
He now bids to become the first horse to defend their Champion crown since another Irish-trained hurdler, Hardy Eustace, in 2005.

Hurricane Fly will be accompanied to post by his stablemate Zaidpour, himself unbeaten in four races this season.
Mullins has, though, taken out Thousand Stars, who still holds an entry in the Ladbrokes World Hurdle on Thursday

The main British hope is the Nicky Henderson-trained Binocular, who lifted this prize in 2010 but was unable to compete last year.
Regaining the crown can be done as Comedy Of Errors showed with wins in 1973 and 1975.

Last year's Triumph Hurdle victor Zarkandar heads Paul Nicholls' four-strong team.
He put up a sterling performance on his return to action to land the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury last month.

Rock On Ruby, Celestial Halo, who was second in 2009, and Brampour make up the Nicholls quartet.
Kalann, Oscars Well and Overturn complete the list of runners.
The only other horse withdrawn at the final declaration stage was Olofi.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Mar 12 21:40
THE FINAL 10.....

Hurricane Fly (10/11) , Binocular (5) , Zarkandar (6) , Oscars Well (12) , Rock On Ruby (12) , Overturn (25) , Zaidpour (33) , Brampour (50) , Celestial Halo (66) , Kalann (200)
By:
crescent
When: 12 Mar 12 23:45
Slightly worrying drift on the Zark but keep the faith, he's still unbeaten.
By:
crescent
When: 13 Mar 12 16:05
Very weak in the market possibly cos Al Ferof ran a shocker.Hoping for a blistering pace here otherwise he might get outsprinted to the line.
By:
crescent
When: 13 Mar 12 16:32
Ah well, not really good enough. Outpaced but he fairly shot up the hill after the last.
By:
OnTheSnaff
When: 13 Mar 12 16:33
Flying up the hill in the end,Definitly a stayer
By:
seary
When: 13 Mar 12 16:38
booooooooom F**king booooooom get in rock on ruby! what a horse!!!

Where are you jud?? have you won a nice sum?
By:
roobuck
When: 13 Mar 12 20:38
listened to this race on the radio and mick fitz said that zarkandar looked 'nothing' in the paddock. I always thought the TS was the wrong prep and I think that and the coughing at the time may have taken its toll

I actually think that 16s for next year's race is not bad value
By:
OnTheSnaff
When: 13 Mar 12 20:43
Nicholls said that afterwards too roo
By:
roobuck
When: 13 Mar 12 20:46
Thanks OTS - as I said couldn't watch it today, so what did he actually say? About the coughing, or a horse for next year?
By:
judorick
When: 13 Mar 12 21:11
I see Thieves "15 race, 6 race" rule got broken today as rock on Ruby had only run 10 times under rules

5yo and Triumph hurdle winner trend stood up though
By:
Viva Pataca
When: 14 Mar 12 10:31
I doubt any horse will get up the hill better than Zarkandar all week. He literally took off after the last.....did he just jump into the race at that point?
By:
thieveslikeus
When: 14 Mar 12 12:40
Just came on this thread to say the same judo.  Smaller field and never really being challenged may have helped but nontheless, my adage about never relying on a trend that only applies to one particular race springs to mind.   The horse was one of only four that met my form or time analysis for the race so if I'd just followed the short list blind I'd have fared very well (C and A also shortlisted in the first , backed 4 from the S/L of 6 but not him...)
By:
thieveslikeus
When: 14 Mar 12 12:41
Viva, Zark will be better next year but I still stand by my supposition that he is a future stayer.
Page 8 of 8  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com