Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rymattock
20 Dec 10 10:44
| Topic/replies: 123 | Blogger: rymattock's blog
Persian snow (132 ) knight pass and charminster and balding banker all looked very impressive.  any1 know of the Irish hope this year as haven't seen any think that SPECIAL YET or have i missed sumthink? apart from staying article bt he hurdling already.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 296
By:
Alvarado
When: 20 Dec 10 14:52
persian snow is a machine
By:
Alvarado
When: 20 Dec 10 14:52
the irish bumper orses will start to come out over xmas at leopardstown
By:
Rowley Mile
When: 20 Dec 10 15:37
Keys looks promising, 4 year olds will be more respected this year too.
By:
thefly10
When: 20 Dec 10 15:50
yes the Irish bumper horses that will be seen at the festival most likely wont be seen til after xmas.

two that have cought the eye and could be seen at cheltenham ..

Quaquo De Flotte - Willie Mullins stable, impressive winner of a Limerick bumper just over a month ago. Won convincingly but not sure how good the field were.
Roger Beantown - Tom Hogan, impressed when winning a bumper at thurles in late November. Conditions were testing, beat Popcorn (won since) by 3l.
By:
Alvarado
When: 20 Dec 10 17:24
i thought roger beantown has been sold he was meant to at doncaster sales recently .

why aint there no market on here for the bumper i wanna back this persian snow its a beast
By:
yourbestmate
When: 20 Dec 10 21:03
Quaquo De Flotte was not overly impressive when he won.
He is also rising 7 and cannot run in the race.
By:
cmacedin
When: 24 Dec 10 19:19
Persion Snow not in betting with VC . so at least 25-1
By:
Alvarado
When: 25 Dec 10 00:35
hope so very good horse in the making, the 2nd horse who he thumped won nicely at newbury few week ago(balding banker)and its a good sign that hobbsy is keeping him to the bumper route

roger beantown apparently with wylie/johnson now
By:
evra
When: 25 Dec 10 20:08
champagne agent is a name to look out for
By:
Luke01
When: 26 Dec 10 08:05
Willie Mullins - Lovethehigherlaw was due to run a few weeks back and entered for same race AL Ferof won last season and also same owners as Mikael & Zaidpour.
By:
Alvarado
When: 26 Dec 10 11:53
LUCKY OWNERS THEN
By:
yourbestmate
When: 26 Dec 10 12:18
Lovethehigherlaw is not owned by Mrs Ricci and never has been.
By:
ulgyjoe
When: 26 Dec 10 19:30
the murphy horse than won at naas over 2miles 2f in a winners bumper back in nov would surely be a contender if running. Beat some well regarded horses very easily.
By:
red and white
When: 02 Jan 11 17:59
Keys travels well, has shown a turn of foot in previous races and excellent battling qualities yesterday despite being given a fairly tender ride. He'll get the allowance and his trainer has to be a plus for this 'flat' race.
By:
BraveInca2006.
When: 02 Jan 11 18:56
I usually draw a line through 4 year olds in this race every year. Didnt work too well last year mind you.
By:
evra
When: 02 Jan 11 18:59
i hear aob has a classicly bred horse been aimed the the champion bumper just to match keys pedigree [smiley:crazy]
By:
red and white
When: 03 Jan 11 12:10
I doubt there has ever been a bumper horse set to go to Cheltenham fresh, having won three races on the bounce, yet will receive 7lbs from the majority of its rivals.
By:
BarringtonB
When: 04 Jan 11 17:35
Knight Pass runs at Southwell tomorrow.....surprised they havent waited for a better class of race at a grade 1 track?
By:
Alvarado
When: 04 Jan 11 22:16
not many bumper races he can run in at a top track until newbury on aon day
By:
magic carpet
When: 05 Jan 11 22:39
Knight pass looked really exciting today at southwell looking forward to him for the remainder of the season
By:
BJG
When: 07 Jan 11 12:10
John 'Shark' Hanlon is bemused as to the lack of attention Star Neuville received after his victory in a traditionally hot bumper at Leopardstown over Christmas.

A winning point-to-pointer, he had his rivals strung out like washing behind him, with most of the big yards represented.

He can be backed at 25-1 for the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham, but Hanlon believes if the five-year-old was trained by Willie Mullins he would be favourite.

"My horse that won the bumper at Leopardstown, Star Neuville, is very nice. I think he's a little bit special," said Hanlon.

"That was a very good bumper. Edward O'Grady's horse (Celtic Club) is supposed to be very good and he was third while the second of Willie's (Champagne Agent) is supposed to be the best he's got.

"He won by four lengths with 22 back to the third. I was talking to Willie the other day and he said if his horse wasn't in the race, mine would be favourite for the Champion Bumper.

"If mine wasn't in the race and Willie's won by 22 lengths he would certainly be favourite.

"He'll go back to Naas for a bumper over two-mile-three and then go to Cheltenham."
By:
davescrazy
When: 07 Jan 11 14:09
just watched star neuvilles race, looked really impressive to be fair, always at the front , wide all the way looking for better grond , quickened up 2 out n kept on strongly , im on @ 25s
By:
red and white
When: 07 Jan 11 21:16
Jockey working from a long way out, bad ground form, no thanks.
By:
Irish are lucky
When: 07 Jan 11 23:41
be interesting to see how willie's 1 goes in the bumper 2morrow.a good second last day and well touted prior to that.
By:
BJG
When: 08 Jan 11 21:05
Welds in the Leop bumper tomorrow maybe worth a close look imo
By:
Alvarado
When: 09 Jan 11 00:54
heard a good word about a nicky henderson horse

HIT THE HEADLINES entered at huntingdon next friday owned by michael buckley every bit as good as ericht apparently
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 09 Jan 11 15:40
Waaheb canters in

Cool
By:
BJG
When: 09 Jan 11 15:50
[;)]

No Chelt - goes to Limk then bein put away PlainCry
By:
Masterminded
When: 09 Jan 11 16:06
really nice horse that
By:
rymattock
When: 13 Jan 11 00:49
alvarado had u bkd the machine yet?  16's on here now.

wat bout henderson other lets get serious? course form and franked!
By:
revedesivola
When: 13 Jan 11 00:57
bjg, shark hanlon has more sh1t coming out of his mouth than i have goin out the right wayLaugh
By:
Alvarado
When: 13 Jan 11 01:21
yes mate backed him hes a monster

very intresting horse lets get serious as u point out his form has been given several boosts and he won well.i was told hes not in hendersons top ones though and him winning was a very good sign for the others and as i stated earlier HIT THE HEADLINES  can apparently go a bit certaintly on a par with ericht
By:
Viper Wiper
When: 13 Jan 11 15:11
Are we expecting Persian Snow to be kept to bumpers this season?
By:
Liam23uk
When: 13 Jan 11 15:13
I backed Knight Pass at 16/1 b4 his last race. Was very impressed with his last run.
By:
Alvarado
When: 13 Jan 11 15:18
persian snow defo stays in bumpers a really good sign that hobbs is doing this cos i fault hed go straight over hurdles after winning at ascot but he obviously thinks he can win the big one or ran extremely well at least
By:
Viper Wiper
When: 13 Jan 11 15:55
More of a case of the weather preventing an outing in a novice hurdle I'd have thought but circumstances don't really matter. Does Hobbs actually know what it takes to ready the Champion Bumper winner though? Gone back a few years and as far as I can tell the closest he's come was back with Widemouth Bay (33/1) behind Liberman (2003); Dare Me 6th last year.
By:
Alvarado
When: 13 Jan 11 16:14
no its not he hasant even been entered up over hurdles as soon as he at ascot he sed we,ll keep him to bumpers
By:
Bhudda
When: 13 Jan 11 22:55
Anybody know any news on Cinders and Ashes?

Is it an intended runner?
By:
Alvarado
When: 14 Jan 11 02:14
The extremely nice Hit The Headlines makes his debut today at huntingdon

anyone know who cheltenian is with now
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies: