Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
willie the milk
24 Oct 10 19:25
| Topic/replies: 768 | Blogger: willie the milk's blog
Now that we are into the jumps season proper, lets note down what we learn from now until the greatest festival on earth, in March.

Medermit will need to jump much better to be an Arkle contender, as will Celestial Halo.
Franklino "WONT" win ther Triumph.
The King stable still seems to be under a cloud, or are his horses just not as good as he thinks?
Cue Card was impressive but beat nothing of note. Will it be the Supreme or the SA?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 314
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 24 Oct 10 19:34
Agree with all of those, and not much to add as you have summed it up very well!

I think 2m5f.
By:
TD_Gunner
When: 24 Oct 10 19:38
King finnish
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 24 Oct 10 19:41
Will be a long season Gunny Plain

Berties Dream out tomorrow for those that may be interested
By:
TD_Gunner
When: 24 Oct 10 19:43
Maybe I shouldn't write him off yet, but he has been going on about Mille Chief and Lidar as if they're flying machines.

Just look at them now .....
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 24 Oct 10 19:44
Like you said yesterday, only top horse he has is Bensalem, who is on the easy list
By:
Masterminded
When: 24 Oct 10 19:46
Cue Card is going to be a serious horse. Huge engine and jumping already pretty slick.
King has not recaptured form. Cry
By:
ronsk
When: 24 Oct 10 20:26
I really liked the look of the Aintree Bumper winner today. Something about the horse imv.
By:
Masterminded
When: 24 Oct 10 20:54
Yes backed it myself Herdsman very promising first run in a fast run race.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 24 Oct 10 20:57
Liked the second too. Travelled better than anything and although he couldnt get past the winner, he plugged on well.
By:
Quvega
When: 24 Oct 10 21:02
Backed the 2nd CCM, not really a 2 miler on looks is he, did he not come from a p2p so prob going to lack pace for 2m. Will be interesting when he goes over obstacles imo.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 24 Oct 10 21:07
I liked the fourth in the bumper too...
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 24 Oct 10 21:15
Only watched it, so didnt really notice that tbh Quvega. Thought he would improve alot and would fancy him reversing placings myself next time. Very green and I thought the jock did him no favours in the final few hundred yards. Dont think he would have won, but he clealy didnt like the whip at all!
By:
Quvega
When: 24 Oct 10 21:28
Agreed, plenty of improvement to come, one to keep an eye open for. Exciting times with the NH beginning to take off Grin
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 24 Oct 10 21:32
Couldnt agree more. Flat racing my @rse!
By:
Quvega
When: 24 Oct 10 21:34
Flat racing, Pah! Feels like it could be a good year too.
By:
eric_morris
When: 24 Oct 10 22:27
Hope Mille Chief turns out to be good but in his current shape is obviously not yet. What we learned most was to take what King says re home gallops with a house size pinch of salt, believe only what you see on the course.
By:
gutfeeling
When: 25 Oct 10 00:54
cue card,silviniano conti and that'll do could become names for the future.
By:
sageform
When: 25 Oct 10 09:03
Nobody else impressed with Silviniaco Conti? I know it is hard to spell but with the Hobbs yard in good form, a 10 length defeat of Captain Chris at levels was very high class imo. Any Given Day was also impressive but Restless Harry was the one to take out of that race as he is staying over hurdles and ran to about 155 if you allow for ground lost at the start.
By:
THE LEGEND
When: 25 Oct 10 10:05
Restless Harry put a big performance Sat 1st time out this season gave any massive lead at the start travelled really well made up huge amount of distance on field pleasing return all taken into account one to keep on the right side of i believe they'll keep to hurdling this season look foward to a tilt with big bucks.....
By:
stevo1
When: 25 Oct 10 15:17
Tartak still having problems jumping,also why is Poquelin 14/1 for P-ddy _-ower with sponsors has cracking record at Cheltenham,and i know he will have top weight but 14s e/w looks decent value?
By:
willie the milk
When: 25 Oct 10 16:41
I must admit to not seeing Silviniaco Conti Sageform, but it reads well beating CC quite nicely. Lots to look forward to Silly
By:
booster
When: 25 Oct 10 19:32
Albertas Run now needs 3 miles at the top level and will develop into a serious Gold Cup contender.
By:
The Sawyer
When: 25 Oct 10 20:48
Albertas Run needs faster ground than Sarurday
By:
buddeliea
When: 26 Oct 10 07:58
Albertas run is a 2m and a half horse,we learnt that last couple of years.He needs to be fit and have decent ground.He will be fit next March,and hopefully have decent ground.
By:
buddeliea
When: 26 Oct 10 07:59
3M 2F at the top level is beyond him.
By:
aka
When: 26 Oct 10 09:37
I'd be sceptical about whether Albertas Run could be fully effective over the Gold Cup distance in top company. The only caveat I would perhaps add there though is that the stable must have learnt a lot about the horse to draw out of him such impressive performances at the end of last season. The better ground and the way he was ridden would seem two of the key factors behind his success at Cheltenham and Aintree last spring. Behind the scenes, the stable may also have worked out ways of improving the handling of the horse through the season. On that basis, I would like to see Albertas Run take on a stiff three miles again in good company, just in case the improvement in the horse from the end of last season could translate into improved form over further than the intermediate distance. In other words, he might just be a much better horse now, given optimum conditions, than when last tried against the big boys over three miles.

If it is still not too early in his planned campaign for the season, and the ground came up decent for the time of year, Albertas Run might be an attractive each way bet for the King George. At this stage, I would still tend to think though that his best chance of winning a big prize again this season would be the Ryanair.
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 28 Oct 10 21:50
was impressed with jessies dream at galway
beat a decent field quite easily
By:
sageform
When: 29 Oct 10 09:30
Not sure what you mean racingguru. I know Philip Hobbs fairly well and he is the most straightforward and realistic trainer I have met. Agree about Albertas Run. Although he won the Sun Alliance over 3 miles, he is best over shorter distances on decent ground.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 29 Oct 10 10:17
Interesting juvenile hurdle at Wetherby today, with 2 stand out runners in Grandouet and Domtaline. The former has the better French form yet is twice the price.

Could both turn out to be Cheltenham horses imo.
By:
sageform
When: 29 Oct 10 21:08
Didn't see the race but Fairoak Lad has been very disappointing.
By:
sageform
When: 29 Oct 10 21:09
Can't Catch Me. hope you didn't lose too much on the French breds. They often disappoint on decent going.
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 30 Oct 10 17:39
Hobbs is rite HOT

Laugh
By:
sageform
When: 30 Oct 10 18:43
Yes, This weekend confirmed several things from last. Hobbs in top form, Henderson a bit behind and Nicholls hitting the crossbar in the best races. One thing never changes. Henry Cecil wins the fillies listed race.
By:
willie the milk
When: 30 Oct 10 19:50
I dont rate last seasons Supreme and todays run of GMOH has just confirmed it.
By:
bigben
When: 30 Oct 10 20:00
I wouldnt write off GMOOH on the back of todays performance.

He pulled way to hard early on & was then given a public schooling session imo.
By:
stevo1
When: 30 Oct 10 21:04
Dont think Barbers Shop will be winning another race?
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 30 Oct 10 23:55
Captain Cee Bee is still a monster Cool
By:
Masterminded
When: 31 Oct 10 00:17
CoolCoolCoolCool
Captain Sea Beast
By:
Reyes
When: 31 Oct 10 00:21
beat nothing again. will take him on soonest.
Page 1 of 8  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 8 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com