Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 89 comments are related to the topic:
Workforces pedigree

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 89
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 04 Oct 10 20:34
That's interesting GANT007. Is that a statement made like these urban myths so often are, with the benefit of hinsight?

Is your source reliable? !!
By:
GANT007
When: 05 Oct 10 11:07
Condescending or what.........I live near the place, know many lads who work there and believe me they put their money down.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 05 Oct 10 17:51
Condescension was the last thing on my mind GANT007 so please accept my apologies. I hoped the double exclamation marks at the end would have kept the note light.

I certainly find that my opinions at any one time can look altered after the event! - hence my 'lighthearted' comment.

I hope your mates had a good go on Sunday. It was certainly a good price for a Derby winner of his callibre.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 05 Oct 10 18:17
I would be surprised if Workforce retires to Juddmonte,being a son of Kings Best who has got question marks over him in terms of being commercial,but saying that he has done well in Japan,so with Workforce beating a top Japanese runner the other day I could see a sale to Japan on the horizon,he would hold his most appeal to them.
Being on the big side and from such a stamina laden family I doubt he will have big appeal to breeders over here,as a prospect he is unlikely to get the ever popular 2'y old types.Remember his connections were quick enough to sell the '93 Derby winner Commander in Chief who you could say had more appeal than Workforce.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 05 Oct 10 20:04
Mm. I hadn't given this much thought, but adding Quest for Fame and Sanglamore to the 'moved on moved out' list I suppose this is a possibility. Commander in Chief did have confirmation issues didn't he, and I don't really have a handle on Workforce really. If he did impress the breaking boys at Ferrans then that would be in his favour as an early athletic indicator perhaps.

I've a feeling in my bones Juddmonte want to hold on to him. However lightly raced Kings Best would be the worst type of Kings Best, so I'd like to see him running a bit more.
By:
GANT007
When: 05 Oct 10 20:59
Potentialmillionaire.....It's me who should apologise as I know your form and enjoy reading your posts.

A few of them had a nice touch anti post for the derby and played up a few quid on the arc.
The chap who is in charge of the feeding reckons this years bunch are the nicest he has seen in a while....Juddmonte deserve all the luck they get..they run a good ship over there.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 05 Oct 10 21:13
You're right there 007, for such a large operation the Juddmonte team really seem to keep it tight. (Excepting the odd d.o.b. faux pas!)
By:
Prima Donna
When: 06 Oct 10 06:33
I've a feeling in my bones Juddmonte want to hold on to him.

Do you see them standing him Pot M?If they do keep hold of him imo poss' only to race but I hold to view he will head off to Japan once we are finished with him on the racecourse.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 06 Oct 10 13:04
potentialmillionaire     05 Oct 10 20:04 
Commander in Chief did have confirmation issues didn't he,

I don't know I can remember him winning the Derby,I can also remember thinking looking at him in the winners enclosure after his victory he was a super looking colt,I can't remember now but I think Juddmonte sold him off pretty cheaply in the end,a shame as he had a superb pedigree.
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 06 Oct 10 19:17
I had thought that C in C was bigtime over at the knee and wasn't necessarily expected to get down the hill at Epsom? I would have thought that if he was nice, the Japanese would have needed to pay quite well for him a la Harbinger? Who knows, we need to get a life perhaps. . .Laugh

I do think perhaps that they would like to stand Workforce. But as I said earlier it's only a hunch. If they are fond of the horse then they only need to pitch him right to keep him full.
I think perhaps he has more appeal than Rail Link?
Page 3 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com