Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 89 comments are related to the topic:
Workforces pedigree

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 89
By:
Equimine.co.uk
When: 22 Feb 10 14:01
push,

The RP (guessing your source) site is not known for accuracy of this type of data.

Whilst I do not agree with the SI or AWD method. I have it at 6.79
This is based upon winners over the following 1 winner @ 5, 5 winners @ 6, 6 winners @ 7, 2 winners @ 8.

Hope that helps.
By:
ben10
When: 22 Feb 10 14:22
Yeah but the Shamardals appeared to be improving for a mile towards the end of their 2 year old careers, fair enough that's probably about right for them as two year olds but you can't go on that as they develop because at the moment it implies he's going to have sprinters which is simply not true.
By:
Equimine.co.uk
When: 22 Feb 10 14:24
I should add those numbers I have quoted are for Oratorio
By:
ben10
When: 22 Feb 10 14:24
Oh right sorry
By:
push
When: 22 Feb 10 16:15
Thanks for explaining that Equimine, 6.79 f seems more like it, dont know how the RP can that the figure so wrong. Are they taking into account his runners from other countries ? ( assuming he has some ).
By:
Equimine.co.uk
When: 23 Feb 10 08:50
The figures I have used for Oratorio are the same the RP would have used.

He has had five other wins 2 in Italy, 1 in Sweden, New Zealand and Australia. They have been twice @ 5f, once at 5 1/2f and 6 3/4f and 7 1/2 f.

These victories would lower his AWD to 6.44.
By:
Tidalbay
When: 23 Feb 10 12:23
i take it your a huge WORKFORCE fan then push
By:
push
When: 23 Feb 10 15:20
Well Tidalbay, it is still all about potential with Workforce, yes i have backed him for the Guineas , but i also have backed quite a few from the O Brien stable. Just hoping Workforce does not do a CONFRONT and miss all the 3yo season, before becoming a good horse as a 4yo.
By:
Tidalbay
When: 23 Feb 10 18:08
watch for stouteys LONGLINER could be well h,capped
By:
push
When: 23 Feb 10 18:34
cheers Tidalbay.
By:
push
When: 31 Mar 10 12:27
Workforce on course for the Craven ?
By:
Me2
When: 01 Apr 10 21:31
Hi, don't often visit this section. Regarding Racing Post Stamina Indices. These are the average distance of the races won by the progeny aged 3yo+ in Britain & Ireland (I think). The Shamardal one quoted earlier in the thread was probably based upon 4 or 5 wins so far this year. It will change as time goes by.
By:
Stormbird
When: 02 Apr 10 08:30
Tom Segel , thinks Workforce will need cut in the ground for the 2000Guineas, but so should the fave.
By:
ben10
When: 02 Apr 10 18:07
Not sure about that tbh
By:
push
When: 12 Apr 10 19:22
See Workforce has been cut by most firms today for the Derby.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 12 Apr 10 19:32
Do you think they know something?perhaps M R Stoute is going to take Workforce to NMKT as a Derby trail,I do like him but he has got a slow pedigree.
By:
push
When: 12 Apr 10 19:39
Yes and so did Kings Best.
By:
push
When: 12 Apr 10 19:40
What i think is if he runs well in the Guineas his price for the Derby will be alot shorter.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 12 Apr 10 19:48
Yes Push I could see that happening too,Slower pedigree than KB.
By:
push
When: 12 Apr 10 19:51
How do you work that out ? Kingmambo has a stamina index of 9.9f and Kings Best dam is a sister to a German St Leger winner .
By:
Prima Donna
When: 12 Apr 10 19:58
What I would say is he has all of his staying family and then add KB along with his thats where I think its slower than KB on his own.
By:
Stormbird
When: 12 Apr 10 20:02
Only time will tell, not long now.
By:
Stormbird
When: 13 Apr 10 20:38
Looking at the pictures of Workforce he does look like a middle distance horse to the eye rather than a miler.
By:
Stormbird
When: 25 Apr 10 16:02
Good winner in the French Derby trial for Kings Best and with Workforce going for a Derby trial , could be a good year for the sire.
By:
notenough
When: 27 Apr 10 13:19
Even if one of them wins a Derby,Kings Best is dead in the water commercially.

Come to think of it, there are only a handful of owner breeders who will use him either.
By:
Stormbird
When: 10 May 10 06:26
Looking forward to seeing this chap on Thursday, expect him to be 7-2 for the Derby if he wins the Dante.
By:
push
When: 31 May 10 17:20
Plenty of money on BF waiting to get on Workforce for the Derby. Looking forward to see if he stays 1m4f.
By:
notenough
When: 02 Jun 10 14:30
I think ground is a bigger factor... wants it softer than is likely imo.
By:
push
When: 05 Jun 10 16:10
Mr P has his Derby winner at last.
By:
ben10
When: 05 Jun 10 16:18
Yeah very nice, I sort of convinced myself he wouldn't like fast ground despite what I said above! Were you on push?
Can't believe I backed him for the Guineas :_|
By:
push
When: 05 Jun 10 16:39
Only on by default Ben, thought he would win the Guineas , so also backed him for the Derby because his price would contract with a good run in the 2000G. Did lay half my Derby bet on him off at shorter prices but still a good result. Have to say did not think being from the Mr P line that he would stay , but after his Dante run , looked to be staying on in that race, Now what about CAPE BLANCO ? I know he might not stay 1m4f but at least he would have liked the ground.
By:
redal2
When: 05 Jun 10 18:47
I have a question for you more knowledgeable types on here. Workforce's half brother was beaten in April by no less than 111 lengths (yes 3 ones) in a novice hurdle at Chepstow. Is it usual for such a high class horse to have siblings of such modest ability?
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 05 Jun 10 19:25
Unusual not too more like! No, I suppose some mares are pretty consistent winner producers but the large majority chuck out more than one duffer. Urban Sea, Hasili, Fall Aspen, Brocade they all had their 'blips'
By:
redal2
When: 05 Jun 10 21:04
Thanks. Yes I thought so but that really surprised me when I looked at it Grin
By:
DMCK
When: 03 Oct 10 18:48
i know it was a bog in paris, but i was impressed by WF today, watched it on bbc and really didnt like how he looked when he was beside bekebad on the slowmo camera. He is a Arc and derby winning 3yr old and i feel he'll be sent to stud after a possible tilt at the BCT which he really should win to put to bed questions about his race preformances
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 03 Oct 10 19:03
Well it's Sunday eve so devils advocate needs an airing.

I think there are question marks for the commercial breeder about Workforce, but I think that they will remain whatever happens and it will come down to preferences.

However I think that the Derby and Arc are such incredibly difficult races, the former being a particular graveyard, that any horse that can do the double has nothing left to prove to me in the pantheon of Racehorses. Great effort terrific horse. They don't all need to be Sea The Stars to enjoy them.
By:
DMCK
When: 04 Oct 10 12:57
every proper racehorse is aimed for the derby regardless if he really stays the trip, the Arc is of the same basis, generally 4yr olds are given light campaigns as to keep the horse fresh for the 1st sunday of october. therefore the arc and derby are to me and many others apart of the 5most important races in europe.
pm i loved what you said how every G1 winner cant be the next STS.
for me Workforce really has a great chance of being commericial and successful, Juddmonte will market and price him carefully and he'll get plenty of nice homebreeds. one point i will make is that i would like him to have a g1 win over 10f just to show he has a bit of speed
By:
neill d
When: 04 Oct 10 15:15
He's supposed to be ugly though isn't he, and breeders do have to look at their stock
By:
DMCK
When: 04 Oct 10 15:52
from the bbc slowmo camera that was focusing on bekehbad and got a small bit of WF he is certainly no George Washington
By:
GANT007
When: 04 Oct 10 20:26
When he was broken in Ireland the boys in ferrans lock always said he would be a proper racehorse.
Page 2 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com