Forums

U.S. Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
swiftynifty
15 Feb 24 23:41
| Topic/replies: 10,155 | Blogger: swiftynifty's blog
In-play bets voided. Anyone notice any issues? I thought it went in-play fine.
Pause Switch to Standard View Race 1 Delta Downs
Show More
Report Darlo Bantam February 16, 2024 12:46 AM GMT
Was a while before it was put in play, but it did eventually go in play.

Races 3 and 4 the stream hasn't been working for me. Just the test screen.
Report swiftynifty February 16, 2024 1:03 AM GMT
It went in-play after a minute apparently, the race would've taken nearly 2 mins. Some they leave, some they void, it's a minefield and the rule is very unclear/ambiguous.

If a market is scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair does not suspend the market at the time of the “off” (so unmatched bets are not cancelled at that time), but the market is intentionally turned in-play at a later time during the event, all bets matched after the official time of the “off” will stand, except for Australian Horse Racing, where all bets matched after the “off” but before the point in time that Betfair turns the market in-play, will be void.

this was the case, it didn't turn itself in-play by magic.

yes, feed down for races 3 and 4 for me too, yet betfair knew the offs and put them in-play, you couldn't make it up!
Report Darlo Bantam February 16, 2024 1:06 AM GMT
Yes, it was definitely in play for some duration of the race.

I tend to never put any money in to a market until it's in play then "I believe" I'm at least on a level playing field and not guessing.

I did notice a race (not US) the other day that was never put in play but was fully settled. So they're inconsistent at best anyway.
Report swiftynifty February 16, 2024 1:15 AM GMT
If it's not put in-play I accept in-running should be voided.

But DD R.1, I didn't notice anything wrong, in fact there wasn't in the sense the money matched in play was 'keep bets' or new money, they had the BSP reconciliation when it was put in-play etc. Unsatisfactory yet again.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com