Forums

U.S. Horse Racing

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BestShot
31 Aug 23 23:38
| Topic/replies: 522 | Blogger: BestShot's blog
Race went off on time but Betfair have voided all my in running bets (they won), first time that has happened, absolutely criminal

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 28
By:
BestShot
When: 31 Aug 23 23:42
BF I have proof you went in-play at 23:31:37, absolutely shocking behaviour
By:
wisewords
When: 31 Aug 23 23:47
what happened with this race? some of my bets matched pre-race and were settled, and a couple matched inplay and were voided?
By:
SoulKillers
When: 31 Aug 23 23:48
Same happened to me. My winning in-play bets were voided.

I missed the start of the race, did they forget to turn it in-play at the off?
By:
BestShot
Same for me, I have proof so I'll see what they say, never seen anything like it as fair enough if it didnt go in play but this race did
By:
BestShot
8/31/2023 23:31:37:  Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
8/31/2023 23:31:37:  Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
8/31/2023 23:31:38:  Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
8/31/2023 23:32:46:  Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
By:
wisewords
When: 31 Aug 23 23:51
they've voided everything after the first suspend probably. automated. it shouldn't have suspended straight after going inplay
By:
BestShot
When: 31 Aug 23 23:52
It unsuspended a second after which is totally normal, BF Live Chat telling me it didn't go in-play, I'll be chasing it higher
By:
SoulKillers
When: 31 Aug 23 23:54
Let us know how you get on BestShot with support? Their answer should be interesting!
By:
BestShot
When: 31 Aug 23 23:54
Absolutely shocking I can't actually believe what they've done, I'll post it on BetAngel forum too
By:
BestShot
When: 31 Aug 23 23:55
At the races have the off time listed as 23:31:42 so not far off either which proves they did go in play
By:
SoulKillers
When: 31 Aug 23 23:56
100% it went in-play. The 4 horse traded at a low of 1.06 if my memory serves me correctly.

Did the BF traders get their fingers burnt and took the easy route out?
By:
BestShot
When: 31 Aug 23 23:58
Makes you wonder doesn't it
By:
BestShot
When: 01 Sep 23 00:01
Posted on BetAngel and emailed their priority dept.
By:
BestShot
When: 01 Sep 23 00:04
Could BF or these people who manage the night markets be up to no good?
By:
SoulKillers
When: 01 Sep 23 00:08
Who knows, but there is a consensus out there that BF are trading themselves on markets.       

What is certain is that R2 tonight at Penn was mismanaged.
By:
BestShot
When: 01 Sep 23 00:10
They fix markets that don't go in-play (rightly) the next day so lets see if they fix this one, if they don't I will be gobsmacked.
By:
SoulKillers
When: 01 Sep 23 00:14
I don't hold out much hope that they will correct the market.

I have never seen 'voided' bets that were voided incorrectly resettled as the should.

But stranger things have happened.
By:
BestShot
When: 01 Sep 23 00:27
We all saw it go in-play and stay in-play, Guardian backs that up so I'm sure Betfair will have the data that too shows that, whoever settled that market either made a mistake or is doing something dodgy
By:
jamee1
When: 01 Sep 23 00:43
https://ibb.co/cLzGbQW
By:
jamee1
When: 01 Sep 23 00:46
As per screenshot above, the off-time based on Penn clock was 23:31:32

I didn't trade in this race but I see nothing in my logs that suggest anything other than correct in-play management of this race.

I can't imagine Betfair are doing anything underhand. More likely either a mistake in settlement or some other less visible error in the market makeup causing bets to be voided.
By:
BestShot
When: 01 Sep 23 00:50
Thanks for that jamee1, I imagine the difference is all due to what delay the live feed is so due to be a few seconds out.

These night market managers will let a race that went in-play with 50 meters to go settle until its reversed the next day, if its not fixed tomorrow then I wonder if my bet will even stand despite correct market management in the future.
By:
jamee1
When: 01 Sep 23 00:53
Are you priority? If so then they will investigate why in-running bets were voided and come back to you with the reason. Let us know.
By:
BestShot
When: 01 Sep 23 00:58
They should but I've been in touch with them about another issue and they've been so slow getting back, doesn't give me much hope.
By:
jamee1
When: 05 Sep 23 11:13
Any word from Betfair on this yet?
By:
BestShot
When: 05 Sep 23 18:17
Nothing yet, had to email peter jackson directly! They promptly got back to me and said on Saturday they'd be 4 days looking into it so if its not tomorrow...
By:
BestShot
When: 06 Sep 23 17:17
"With regards to bets on the Penn National, the only bets that were voided, the only bets voided on this market were only bets containing Non-Runners. The Non-Runners were Dr Darby and Book Runner." I've sent my screenshot again quite clearly showing my bets on the other runners were voided, not even bothered about the amount, more just what the hell happened here.
By:
swiftynifty
When: 28 Oct 23 00:11
that was fun in R3 there tonight, run them all in the same silks, no distinguishing caps and make the commentator look like a complete idiot.
By:
SoulKillers
When: 29 Oct 23 18:46
Yeah, it was a farce. Called the wrong winner, few fingers got burnt. Horse that finished 4th traded at 1.01
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com