Forums

U.S. Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Zephyrus
20 Sep 21 09:55
| Topic/replies: 23 | Blogger: Zephyrus's blog
Zia Park is going to start its 2021 meeting next Sunday, September 26, and runs through Tuesday, December 14, with just 36 days of racing, on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays.

Zia Park has not been available on exchange markets in the last 2 or 3 years, however it had been always here until 2018. Most probably this is because they have mixed cards with many 1f and 2f races. This also happens in the other New Mexico racetracks, like Sunland Park, Sunray or Ruidoso. 

I hope to see Zia Park back to the exchange at least on Mondays and Tuesdays, now that the 2021 meetings and Fort Erie and Delaware are going to finish soon.
Pause Switch to Standard View Zia Park, 2021
Show More
Report Mr Q September 21, 2021 5:52 PM BST
I am with you. It will fill a big hole when the east coast tracks finish
Report swiftynifty September 21, 2021 6:14 PM BST
It is scheduled to be covered. The majority of each card is not quarterhorse so should be in-play too (can't be that difficult surely). Was covered for 4 months at the back end of 2019.
Report swiftynifty September 26, 2021 12:44 PM BST
First 5 races QH and no sign of it on the exchange.
Report Zephyrus September 26, 2021 5:48 PM BST
Yesterday it was on the schedule for tomorrow and Tuesday but it's not there anymore.
Report swiftynifty September 26, 2021 6:18 PM BST
I've requested they add the last 6 races. Not holding my breath. Sadly though if they don't and Zia stick to mixed cards that'll be that.
Report swiftynifty September 27, 2021 7:44 PM BST
If enough people request it they might even realise the last 6 races are thoroughbred races. Purple are more on the ball
Report Zephyrus September 29, 2021 6:26 PM BST
This seems the end of New Mexico race tracks on Exchange (Zia, Sunland, Sunray or Ruidoso). All those tracks have mixed cards. I still remember when Zia Park and Sunland Park were always available on Exchange year after year.
Report swiftynifty November 15, 2021 8:52 PM GMT
Explanation given is this:  if a card has 3 or more QH races on it, will not be covered. Why it's really that complicated to only load the non-QH races is anyone's guess.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com