Forums

U.S. Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
18 Jul 21 18:26
| Topic/replies: 3,568 | Blogger: Jumping-cuckoo-monk's blog
The suspend comes up before they cross the finish line, so cant play i/r.
Canterbury liquid vanishes at the final bend.
I miss Turf Para.
When does that return?

tia
Pause Switch to Standard View Woodbine pics are so slow
Show More
Report jamee1 July 18, 2021 6:37 PM BST
Very early suspensions in most races since yesterday. I don't think it's the stream, just whoever is in charge of the suspend button this weekend.

Last I heard Turf Paradise were hoping to run 4 days per week from early November all the way through to March.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 18, 2021 6:49 PM BST
Thanks jamee, I knew I could rely on you for info. Top man
Report Darlo Bantam July 22, 2021 1:25 AM BST
Penn pics are hugely slow too. Prices just don't match anything like what is happening on stream. Sometimes the prices are right, sometimes wrong, but clearly some people way ahead of LV pics.
Report swiftynifty July 22, 2021 5:51 PM BST
Penn has been like that for a long time. A couple of 1.01s a neck up a furlong out last night. Always found Woodbine a fair bit behind too.
Report tinytuco July 24, 2021 8:28 PM BST
Not sure they are.

Whoever is suspending is suspending early - and it happens regularly at other tracks.

There has been some clear winners that haven't got anywhere near the 1.01  - a clear sign suspends are early.
Report swiftynifty July 24, 2021 9:01 PM BST
unless the operator is an idiot he is suspending at the finish on what he is seeing. If said others have access to such pictures clear winners would be going 1.01 as they often do but apparently early on what the majority see.
Report tinytuco July 25, 2021 2:43 PM BST
On an average night with 3/4 meets at least one 1.01/1.02 shot gets turned over..... Likewise there are always a few 100+ in running winners....

I used to post them up - but there are that many now I can't be bothered - That itself tells it's own story.......

It's overzealous/trigger happy punters that will do anything to back a winner/lay a loser rather than fast pics. IMO only of course.
Report jamee1 July 30, 2021 11:12 PM BST

Jul 25, 2021 -- 8:43AM, tinytuco wrote:

On an average night with 3/4 meets at least one 1.01/1.02 shot gets turned over..... Likewise there are always a few 100+ in running winners....I used to post them up - but there are that many now I can't be bothered - That itself tells it's own story.......It's overzealous/trigger happy punters that will do anything to back a winner/lay a loser rather than fast pics. IMO only of course.

Race 1 at Penn tonight; the longshot winner closed very late and on my Betfair Live pics it still had a few quid available to back at 100 as it crossed the line, and the 2nd horse had plenty of 1.01 to lay. I just missed getting anything because the suspension was abrupt but it was definitely there to be had!

Report swiftynifty July 30, 2021 11:45 PM BST
jamee, Penn turf and Penn dirt seem to play completely differently,  almost like different pictures.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com