Forums

U.S. Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
swiftynifty
14 Jun 21 22:05
| Topic/replies: 4,651 | Blogger: swiftynifty's blog
Anyone see the 24 for large amounts pop-up on the 3 around the bend but gone in a flash with next to zilch matched?
About time Betfair removed the 1-second delay,  it just gives the layer a second chance. Backers don't get the same luxury when they get it wrong.
Pause Switch to Standard View Lone Star park race 4 and 1-sec delay
Show More
Report tinytuco June 15, 2021 3:02 PM BST
It's a 2 second delay. That layer was market making. Market make and you always have that option instead of taking...... If you're market taking you shouldn't get a 2nd chance.
Report swiftynifty June 15, 2021 4:19 PM BST
2 seconds? Blimey, stick up a lay, make a cuppa , if you're not happy take it down, it's pathetic and needs addressing. No wonder there's bugger all traded most races in-running.
Report tinytuco June 15, 2021 7:17 PM BST
You're having a problem with the 2 second delay? WOW
Report swiftynifty June 15, 2021 7:55 PM BST
explain yourself tiny.
Report tinytuco June 15, 2021 8:04 PM BST
I did in the first post?

The 2 second delay is there to protect players. You're obviously market taking, or have fast pics if you have a problem with it.

Would you be willing to leave £25 in at "large amounts" if you changed your mind, or saw the horse looking like it was going to win?
Report tinytuco June 15, 2021 8:05 PM BST
A £25 lay that is............
Report swiftynifty June 15, 2021 8:14 PM BST
It's called in-running betting. Why exactly should layers be protected? Backers get one shot at it. I'm mostly a backer off live video. When i do lay I take my medicine if I called it wrong. Are you saying without the ability to cancel their lays there'd be even less liquidity?
It's news to me they have a 2 second cushion. Assumed it was the a 1-second delay for Betfair bots to scalp their %.
Report tinytuco June 15, 2021 8:25 PM BST
You don't know what I'm talking about when I say market make and maket take do you?

Why do backers get one shot at it????? Why are you sitting back waiting for somebody to put a price up in  order to take it?? That is the only way you're getting one shot at it..... - without people market making there would be no markets..

I put "back" bets up and take them off when the in running picture changes. I get more than "one shot" at it without any problem.

Are you betting using the API? Directly on the site??

There are delays in EVERY in running market - some used to have 7 seconds. And it's pretty obvious to understand why.

It's always ben 2 seconds, has been constantly for
Report tinytuco June 15, 2021 8:26 PM BST
** years
Report swiftynifty June 15, 2021 8:29 PM BST
Is the delay different for US racing then? It's 1 sec for UK racing.
Report tinytuco June 15, 2021 8:33 PM BST
In fact, I stand to be corrected here - Once upon a time in the Australian horse markets, there used to be 2 different comission rates. One for market makers - one for market takers. Was it on here or ****?

And quite rightly so. Makers take all the risk. You can't have your cake and eat it - try offering a few prices - give yourself some wiggle room and tempt a few in,...

I'm not leaving silly money in at huge prices when the picture of a race changes. I aint a charity.
Report tinytuco June 15, 2021 8:34 PM BST
Yes its different
Report tinytuco June 15, 2021 8:34 PM BST
**** = purple
Report swiftynifty June 15, 2021 8:41 PM BST
So that's how it works. OK. I don't agree with it personally because it turns players away seeing 'ghost' prices disappear having had nothing matched. But I absolutely see the reasoning. Personally I'm a backer who has offsets so I become a layer.

I'm assuming you are a layer by trade so what preferential commission/PC rates do you get then?
Report swiftynifty June 15, 2021 8:47 PM BST
As for your referral to delays everyone is watching races at different stages (well certainly on the UK stuff) so is that the same for everyone, you place a lay and have 1 (or 2) secs to cancel even though it may appear on screen?
Report tinytuco June 15, 2021 8:49 PM BST
I don't get any preferrential anything haha!!! I wish!!!

Nothing fancy.... - Pre race betting, in runnng betting. Im not offsetting or anything like that.

Studying form and building a picture. Getting it wrong a lot...

Takes a while to get a handle on tracks/trainers etc etc some tracks are just a nightmare for me ie PARX and I avoid like the plague Penn is another  - others I do ok, others not....
Report tinytuco June 15, 2021 8:52 PM BST
You will probably disagree, I reckon these are the fairset in running markets on here with regard bf lv and the in running betting pisture.

Tried my hands at MANY!!!!!!

I just don't see how people stand a chance at tennis, cricket etc etc even UK racing with the fast pics and market moves before you see anything happen.

Seems like you have a fighting chance here.
Report swiftynifty June 15, 2021 9:16 PM BST
So from your experience, you see a horse going badly, lay it at a price, realise it's the wrong horse or is going better than thought, price shows on screen , you hit cancel and can get it cancelled before it's taken(so you long as you're quick, 1 or 2 secs)?

I think betfair should highlight thiis if so,  it would certainly encourage more layers. Couple that with reduced PC rates and that could catch on!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com